Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Udupi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwini Kumar ShettyYour feedback matters!
My baby is 8 months ,he is still not started crawling. Is it normal ,or he getting any vitamin deficiency. Please answer.
I delivered a baby boy 5 years ago and breastfed him for around 2 years and 8 months. However I still have sensitive nipples. They are erect maximum time, I have to wear padded bras in order to conceal them. Please help.
My son has suffer from a fever from 18th July to till now. My son is 4 year old. His body temperature is between 100-103 celsius. But we consult with our family Dr. On 19th July morning. He has given some medicine 1. P250; 2. Chloroquine phosphate suspension 3.vomikind.but not improve till now, what shall I do now at first ? Dear Dr.
My kid is now 1y 8m old. He was passing loose watery stool 15 days back. As per doctor we gave him darolac thrice a day and z and d once in a day. He got recovered in 4 days. But again loose motion started that week and again we gave him darolac for five days but again it recurred in 2 days after completion of derolac. He has no fever and no blood in stool at all. My doctor has suggested me to wait for another 2 days. We are not giving him any lactogen food. Only soya milk and normal foods he is now having. Totally confuse what to do?
My three year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do.
Drug addiction is a major problem in today's world. The major part of these drug abuse victims are teenagers. There are several reasons may drive your teen kid to hard drugs which include peer pressure, neglect, curiosity or just for the sake of being cool. This could be a major concern for the parents whose children get addicted to drugs but an important thing to keep in mind is that the only person who can help your kid overcome addiction are the parents.
Here are a few measures that can help your kid overcome drug addiction:
- In order to put your kids on the right path, the most important thing is to show them love. You should keep aside your anger, fear and grief and approach them. Tell them why you are scared or angry. Proper love and affection is required to bring your kids back to the normal track.
- Try to find their strengths and weakness. Your child should be complemented for any good thing he or she does. You should observe them properly and try to perceive their current nature and mental state.
- You should try to keep your calm and talk to them instead of scolding, shouting or threatening them. You must also listen to them carefully and try not to react in any way. Talk to them about your concerns and see whether they are cooperating with you.
- Getting your kids involved in some activity, which will let them mix with a different group of peers will be a positive remedy. You have to make them feel good about themselves. Try to find ways so that your kids will get into some positive, productive activity.
- Fixing an appointment with a psychiatrist who deals with drug abuse situations can also help you deal with the issue. You must explain to your kids that there is an obvious reason behind their addiction, and it must be solved for their own good.
- You should also connect with the counselors at schools and colleges. They have seen many cases like your child’s and know about the situation well. You can enroll your kids in a substance abuse program which is connected with his school.
- You must tell your kids that what they are doing is risky and illegal and as parents, you have the right to help them overcome this in order to maintain good health, and that you do not want them to go to prison.
- Find an expert therapist specializing in teen substance abuse and make your kids have weekly appointments with him. A good therapist knows the best ways to guide your kids to the right path.
Drug addiction in kids is a common syndrome these days. If your kid is into hard drugs, you need to do your best to save him and help him overcome the addiction.
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
My Grand Son who is 5 years now suffering from Autism for the last 1 year six months. He was doing good in the initial years but developed this problem. Checked medically and no problem as per reports. But his remembrance has come down apart from change in his behaviour. Pl suggest what is to be done?
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
Betnasol injection given me on 1/8/15 - 12mg & 2/8/15 - 12mg. My Dr. fixed my delivery (Not Normal) date on 14/08/15. My question is" The lungs of my baby will be mature?"
Sir, I have 14 years old son, his body is very slim and chest also burning (Acidity ?)please suggest any solution I want healthy and body pick up , weight also .
My son is 4years old. He is too much silent in nature. He is not play any game like other children. He didn't talk too much. I am worried. please tell me the solution.
I have taken amoxicillin cetrizine after that breast milk production is less. Plus suggest how to increase the production.
Healthy eating gives kids the energy they need for their busy days.
Here are some great ways to make it easier.
Breakfast is important: it can be up to 12 hrs since their last meal, so kids need to refuel for the day ahead. Give him healthy choices like cereal and reduced fat milk, toast, fresh fruit, eggs on toast, juice and reduced fat yoghurt.
Water works: get kids into the habit of drinking water to keep them hydrated throughout the day.
Snack smart: encourage your kids to take an interest in their health early in life by planning their own healthy snacks-this will help them look for a healthy diet when they get older.
Get cooking: food is not just about good nutrition; it's one of life's great pleasures. Transform your kids into young cooks-even young children can help peel carrots, pod peas, great cheese, put together tacos or design their own healthy pizza toping. If they've helped make it, they'll be more likely to enjoy eating it.
Slow and steady: encourage them to eat slowly. This prevents overeating and helps them recognize when they're full.
Eat at the table: eating snacks and meals sitting down at the table or kitchen bench instead of in front of the tv is good habit for the whole family.
Get a balance: variety and balance are the keep to helping a child enjoy a healthy diet. Aim to eat a variety of foods each day (this depends on the age of the child) including fruit, vegetables breads and cereals, lean meat or fish and reduced fat dairy products.
Tasty exploration: encourage kids to try different food. Exposure to lots of different tastes and flavours adds excitement to meals.
My daughter 3 months old and she is suffering from lice in hair. Please suggest the best brand hair oil to prevent from lice?
My baby is 18 months old, she has low tone muscles in her body her head is control 5 min. And fell very slowly after 5 mins, she can lift her hand when she lying on bed, but when she sit on chair she never lift her hand. She lift her leg when I tie leg with ribbon. But her brain is normal she recognize her mum and dad and call her .her physiotherapy is going 3 days in weekly. But give some trips how to improve tone.
In medical terms it is also called as nocturnal enuresis. Bed wetting is involuntary urination in children while asleep.
It's more than twice as prevalent in boys as it is in girls and more likely if parents suffered from bed wetting when young. 44% of parents of children who wet the bed reported that their child had (lack of energy, reduced attention span, low-self esteem, depression).
Visit or search for ssohm on internet for more tips and information on various diseases.
My baby is sneezing and got a running nose, she's 5 months old. What are the homemade precautions we'll take to avoid different types of medicine?
Our teeth are most definitely, vital for our living. Our everyday choices, pertaining to our lifestyle would call for changes, adjustments and lots of sacrifices without them. Though, a number of replacement options are available for the people with missing teeth, the most recommended are dental implants. Ask why?
They are simply the ideal solution due to their look and feel, which is similar to the natural teeth.
What happens if replacement is not considered?
To prevent the nasty repercussions from occurring, it is necessary that any missing teeth are replaced in time. Though, the symptoms of problems due to missing teeth only appear to be superficial in the early stages, the long term effects may certainly prove to be quite severe.
Some of the short term consequences of missing teeth are as follows:
- People with missing teeth tend to feel self-conscious or even embarrassed at times, while they talk to others or smile.
- Problem in speech is a common issue that may arise due to tooth loss.
- When teeth are missing, people find it difficult to consume some certain food types. These may include ones which contain some essential nutrients, hence leading to possible malnutrition.
- Increased wear or stress can also lead to the weakening of the teeth that are remaining.
- People with tooth loss find it difficult to chew the food properly.
- When teeth are missing, there is movement of the teeth that remain, to compensate for the gap places created. This leads to ugly looking gap teeth.
Though, these were the short term issues, the major consequence of not getting any lost teeth replaced is the gradual bone loss. Our teeth are firmly embedded in the jaw bone. Chewing and biting are the constant uses, which are required by the jaw bone to remain hale and hearty as well as active. You may believe it or not, be it at the beginning or at the end; the major focus is not on the teeth, but on the bones.
Maintaining form as well as density of the bone requires regular stimulation, coming from the teeth, as mentioned above. The contact with teeth causes small stresses, which the periodontal ligament transmits to the bone and prompts its continual rebuilding as well as remodelling. When any missing teeth are not replaced, it leads to the gradual deterioration in the jaw bones, over time. This not only results in facial shape changes but also will eventually burn a huge hole in your pockets, as increased complications will also lead to increased costs required for rectifying the problems.
So, now it's up to you. Choose healthy and wise. Go for teeth replacement at the earliest, if and when, need arises.