Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Udupi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwini Kumar ShettyYour feedback matters!
My son is 2 yr old.He used to eat all kinda food till he was 1 1/2 but from then he is not at all eating properly i tried all kinda tonics prescribed by various best pediatricians his health was normal when we checked he is taking only breakfast and dinner that too in small quantity he loves junk and fast foods.What kind of medication will help him ?
Pl suggest which infant formula is best for my baby, Nusobee, nan or lactogen? She is a girl and has completed 6 months on 10th of this month. My pediatrician suggested me to give her lactogen 2 and cerelac wheat Apple.
My son is born on 20/01/2012. His height is 98cm and weight is 16 kg. He don't feel hunger. We forcefully give him one chapati in a meal. We are very much worried about him.
Kya aap mujhe 18 month baby se baby ka diet chart de sakte ho .ek normal daily routine me bache k ache growth& health k liye uski dekhbhal kaise ki jaaye. Pls suggest me.
On 5.10.16, we shifts with our baby just 8 months old child from our native village to New Delhi who was feeding cow and mother's milk there. Now we have changed to buffalo milk in Delhi. Today he start vomiting two or three times. Suggest us. Thanks n Regards.
Usually mothers often feel insecure about their milk production amount and they often feel that their babies aren't getting enough milk, which results in switching to formula feeds, which is not good for their babies in the long run.
This post will help the willing mothers to feed their babies and help as confidence building measure.
1. Milk production gets boosted when mother keep their babies close to body. It provide warmth, bonding, ease tension, etc
2. Proper positioning of baby while feeding is important. You can watch YouTube videos on breastfeeding positions, like CRADLE, CROSS CRADLE, FOOTBALL positions etc.
3. Breastfeeding is a painless procedure,if you are feeling pain,something is wrong.Getting sore nipple,crack nipple are findings of improper attachment.
4. Feed the baby for atleast 20min, it helps baby getting foremilk(watery part of milk) which quench thirst as well as hind milk(thick part of milk) which provides satiety.
5. If baby sleeps while feeding,wake her up by gentle stroking in feet, completely empty your breast otherwise the baby becomes cranky,pass frequent small quantity stools with improper weight gain
6. Passage of urine more than 8 times per day,good sleep in between feeds and proet weight gain are good sign of successful breast feeding.
7. Dont get biased based on advertisement of formula feed in media. They aren't superior to breastmilk in any ways.Breastmilk provide protection against asthma, allergies, blood pressure, heart diseases etc
My son is 8 years old. He is having high fever since Friday night. Given him antibiotics and Crocin. Fever is still not going down. What should I do?
My granddaughter, aged 15 1/2, been suffering from low grade fever for almost 2 weeks with vomiting episodes for the same period. The vomit is usually light yellow though initially had flakes of blood. Vomit happens usually after a heavy meal. Vomiting is quite frequent ranging from 5 to 10 times daily. Endoscopy, ultra sound, blood, urine and tests for malaria and dengue have not shown any abnormality. Generally a healthy individual. Has consulted three different doctors physician, gastroenterologist and Pediatrician who have not been able to find the cause of fever and vomiting. Has been taking medication as per advice to include Pantocid or Pantop, Emset, Lesurpride, Oflotas, Zocef 500 mg, DOMDT 10 mg, calpol 650 mg Received injections ondem IV. Fever now ranges between 101 to 103 mainly at night and vomiting persists. The pediatrician has opined that the parents of the child are passing through divorce proceedings and her relations with her father are very tense. Other symptoms are normal and clear. Including throat and lungs. Could be case of Bulimia. Advised counselling and CBT.
Hello Doctor, My daughter is 2 years old. I have two questions. 1. We are struggling to feed her everyday. She don't like to eat any sort of food beyond 2 spoons. Even if we involve her in some play and feed, she will vomit in some time. Not sure of reason. Can someone please help. 2. We forgot to take her for 2 years vaccine. Is there any problem if we take her for 2 years vaccine even with one month delay.
We are in singapore here where we are staying there is lots of ants and small insects. My 9 month old baby is having small red patches on his body. I don't understand whether it is chickenpox or because of any insects.
My kid is now 1y 8m old. He was passing loose watery stool 15 days back. As per doctor we gave him darolac thrice a day and z and d once in a day. He got recovered in 4 days. But again loose motion started that week and again we gave him darolac for five days but again it recurred in 2 days after completion of derolac. He has no fever and no blood in stool at all. My doctor has suggested me to wait for another 2 days. We are not giving him any lactogen food. Only soya milk and normal foods he is now having. Totally confuse what to do?
My son aged 10 years having stammering problem from 4-5 years. When he get weak by fever or by any other reason the problem increased. Pls suggest how to get treated this problem.
Home remedies for teeth whitening
Strawberries consumed once a day in a week or crushed strawberries applied to teeth helps as teeth whitener.
Baking soda use is a reliable natural method for years to whiten teeth. Add baking soda with some salt water, see paste makes a tried &amp; proven whitening toothpaste. (note: ada recommends to have teeth checked by the dentist before undergoing any whitening methods)
Dr Puja Bansal
Prudent international health clinic http://prudentinternationalhealthclinic.com
When it comes to babies and their sleeping habits, you have to understand that every baby is different and has different needs. Thus, certain things that may work for one set of parents may not necessarily work for the other. Thus, here are a few tips that will ensure that your child gets ample of undisturbed sleep and stays healthy and fit:
1. Learn to distinguish when your baby starts feeling tired: Once your child starts feeling tired, he/she will definitely show specific signs that he/she requires some sleep. Some common signs are:
a) The constant eye rubbing
c) Getting a bit fussy and cranky
Put your baby to sleep as soon as possible when he/she starts showing such signs. If your baby gets overtired, it will be all the more difficult for him to fall asleep.
2. Set a proper sleep cycle: Ensure that you set a suitable sleep cycle for your baby. Train your child to sleep during the night and play during the day. Ensure that you keep your kid busy during the day, ensuring that he/she stays awake even after a feed, so that he is tired by night time and sleeps properly all throughout the night. At night, when your child gets up for a feed, ensure that you do not turn on the lights. Instead, make sure to keep the room in semi-darkness so he/she goes back to sleep effectively.
3. Ensure that your baby is full: If your baby is hungry and has not had his fill, it will tend to disrupt his sleep. Thus, ensure that your baby is well fed before you put him to sleep. For example, if during the day you feed the child after every three hours, as evening approaches feed him every two hours. This will ensure that he is well fed before he goes to sleep.
4. Let go the burping occasionally: Babies do not avidly breastfeed at night. Thus, it is not essential that you wait for him to burp every time he feeds.
5. Give a Massage: Another way to ensure that your baby sleeps properly is to give him a good massage. A massage will help the child to relax and thus sleep better.