Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Udupi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Hello, Doctor my baby is 1year she not eat food, im giving her rice all types dall mixed cooking food. She will cry while eating when iam forcing her and I am holding her in leg togiving food. Food like liquid so when iam giving food substance going in nose n ears. So please tell how handle a baby what kid of food shall I made to her n give me advice for her hunger. And her weight is 6.5 kg she is active but her weight is not growing. Please tell me tips n medicine to gain her weight iam worried about her weight.
My daughter age 6 suffers frequently with allergic cough, doctor gives anti-allergic drugs like-montair, levo cetrigen, asthalin, please suggest.
Dads and moms should share in the responsibility in caring for their newborn baby.
Importance of Dad Care
Caring for their baby gives dad's a chance to bond with their baby and also provides rest, help and support to the mom who might be in great stress. It is important to be there for your wife and be an active participant in caring for your family. Care for your young one and take turns changing the diaper, watching the baby or feeding.
What dads can do?
Dads can get involved in the different activities like changing soiled diapers, massage and bathing or sponging, get his/her dressed, feeding the baby if on formula feeds, burping the baby etc. Rocking the baby to sleep and singing songs and lullabies gives you a different experience. Don't shy away from responsibilities. It is best that you be there rather than ignore your need.
Skin to skin contact (Kangaroo care)
Babies respond to touch. Kangaroo care is very helpful especially in premature babies. It helps in growth of baby. It helps in bonding of baby with father. Hold your baby tight against your skin. Let the hearts connect. It is a beautiful experience to hold God's creation in your hand. This is the best way to connect to your little one and make him feel special. The best thing about this activity is that more than the baby it makes you feel happy and complete.
Practice makes a man perfect!
The only way to learn how to care for a bay is by getting involved and get going. Don't hesitate. You may feel shy initially but once you start involving in your baby care, the experience of nursing a baby makes you more confident.
Share your experience in your group at home or office, you may find more practical ways for caring your baby. Be open to suggestions and try and incorporate the good ones.
It has been found that babies who are 'well fathered' tend to be more secure and confident in exploring the world around them. Be a father that is around to observe and nurture your kid, remember it's the childhood that one cherishes the most.
My son is 6 months old and has hypospadias with chordae. I know there will be a surgery for it. Wanted to understand the risks, also the impact on his sexual life when he grows up.
My 1 and half year old baby doing very hard stool. Today also found some blood traces. She is also not willing to eat.
My son completed 6 months and on mother feed but he is not taking any IRON & CALCIUM syrups. But mother is taking calcium & iron tablets regularly. Pls suggest whether need to start any iron & calcium syrups for my son and if yes then which one. Would like to give any homeopathic supplement.
My daughter is 4 yrs old and has weight 13 kg consistently for past 1. 5 yrs. Also she is frequently ill by day to day cold, fever and vomiting. We have been taking every care regarding hygeine. Also she suffered from chicken pox 20 days back followed by post viral fever. Her cough also is frequent. In past 4 months she has been infected by sometimes bacterial infection, diarrhea, viral fever resulted of lymph nodes at sides of neck, still in small amt visible. Please advice some kind of medicine/immune system strengthening tonic for her
In many cases; divorce and separation leads not only to bad blood between the parents, but also in a child alienating himself from one parent. Insulting or belittling one parent without justification or under pressure from the other parent is known as parental alienation syndrome. Parental alienation involves one parent undermining the other and interfering with the child’s relationship with the other parent by limiting contact with them, bad mouthing them, forbidding discussion about them etc. This can have a very negative effect on the child’s emotional state.
1. Self hatred: For children, hatred is not inborn, but developed by the situations they are in. By bad mouthing a parent and teaching the child to hate the parent, the child himself is harmed. With time, he begins to internalize this hatred and believe that there is something wrong with him that made the alienated parent not want him.
2. Low self esteem: When a child is not allowed to speak his mind and has to bottle up his thoughts, he becomes socially withdrawn. Often the child begins to feel that he is the cause for the rift in the family and makes himself responsible for the separation. This intensifies with time and makes the child lose confidence in himself leading to low self esteem.
3. Lack of trust: When a child is suddenly pulled away from one parent and told how that parent is not a ‘good person’ the child is likely to feel betrayed. This creates a sense of doubt in the child’s mind and makes it difficult for him to trust other people. As he grows up, this can affect his own adult relationships as well.
4. Depression: Depression is a commonly seen in children from broken homes and this is intensified in cases of parental alienation. It is rooted in the child’s feeling unloved by either one of the parents and built up by the separation. Not being given a chance to speak about their feelings or talk about the situation makes them more depressed and they begin to withdraw into themselves. In many cases, it is noted that alienated children have strained relationships with their own children as well.
5. Substance abuse: Depression is one of the most common triggers for substance abuse. Alienated children often feels trapped and that they have no outlet to vent their feelings and frustrations. This often makes them turn towards drugs for relief and can make them victims of substance abuse.