Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Nitisha Sharma
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Nitisha SharmaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I have had this polycystic ovary synDrome from quite some time. It was a bad case of polycystic ovary synDrome. She is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts. It's been more than a year now, and I have noticed considerable change in myself. The overall atmosphere in the Dr Nitisha' s Diet Clinic is very soothing. Nitisha Sharma has in depth knowledge and ensures that she explains the problem in detail. My boss referred me this Nitisha Sharma. The Dr Nitisha' s Diet Clinic is designed in such a way that every patient feels at ease.
I am lucky that i made correct and opted dietitian Dr. Nitisha sharma and follow the diet plan as prescribed in session by dr. Nitisha. It was my first experience with any dietitian. I lost 8 kg weight with in 3 months and control & maintain the multiple diseases thyroid, diabetes, chronic kidney diseases. It is unbelievable that I got superb results. Thank you so much for effective diet plans. I recommend Dr. Nitisha sharma
She ensures that she gives enough time to each patient. Nitisha Sharma is well aware about innovative techniques to treat problems. It was getting very difficult for me to cope us with my fat. The overall atmosphere in the Dr Nitisha' s Diet Clinic in Udaipur is very soothing. I have been following herdiet chart from quite sometime now. Thanks to herexpert care and guidance, I feel much better than before.
I was in so much pain due to my sugar problem. I chose to consult Dr Nitisha. Her advice and counselling has helped me immensely. It's been more than a year now, and I have noticed considerable change in myself. Even after my treatment with my old doctor, I never felt so much relief.Thnaks to her for the perfect treatment. I am glad that I chose to consult her.
With the help of her diet for increase height I am feeling so great. So many doctors I consulted, but her treatment was the best. Even in case of long queues, the staff was managing people in a very positive manner. Nitisha Sharma certainly knows the in and out of her speciality. The Dr Nitisha' s Diet Clinic have proper facilities for disabled patients as well.
I was panicked, because I never thought I will have to take diet planning. She never gets frustrated, even when I ask a number of queries. Nitisha Sharma has treated me completely. The overall atmosphere in the Dr Nitisha' s Diet Clinic is very soothing. She is not just highly qualified, but has years of experience in handling high risk cases.
One can overcome anorexia with the help of a good diet, i read this somwhere and Started to find a good dietician to solve my problem. I consulted dr Nitisha Sharma at her clinic Dr Nitisha' s Diet Clinic in udaipur. I made a very good choice consulting her as her diet plan helped me immensely. Thanks
I searched Dr Nitisha Sharma online and saw her reviews. I consulted a number of specialists but the way she treated me was the best. The entire Dr Nitisha' s Diet Clinic was spotlessly, clean. My case was extremely serious, but she really handled it very nicely.she did my treatment to lose weight.
I was too fat and I was quite embarassed about my body fat. I tried many exercises and had many medicines to get slimmer, but nothing worked. I thank Dr Nitisha, she is a well experienced dietician in Udaipur. Thanks to her I am totally satisfied with the results. I feel much better than before.
She is very talented and seasoned doctor. Dr Nitisha' s Diet Clinic had all the amenities, a patient requires. I was quite depressed due to my condition, but Dr Nitisha Sharma guided me to change my attitude. I am so much benefitted with her weightloss treatment, that i am perfectly fine now.
She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. I never get sick, but then last year i started developing these symptoms. Someone from the office, referred us that Nitisha Sharma. The overall atmosphere in the Dr Nitisha' s Diet Clinic is very soothing. i took a gain weight treatment
Thank you so much Dr. nitisha...now my father's diabetes is controlled even medications & insulin doses reduced with in 20 day ...so happy with your diet results.
Dt. Nitisha Sharma provides answers that are very helpful and well-reasoned. Share feedback in your own words...
It was simply awesome..feeling changes after consulting her I'm actually gaining weight
Belly fat may not be a severe medical problem in most individuals. However, it looks aesthetically displeasing and can affect long term health if not controlled at the right time. However, one must keep in mind that dieting and exercising go hand in hand. One cannot rely only on one of them to reduce belly fat.
Mentioned below are a few ways to remove belly fat:
- Avoid sugar: Sugar and other sweetened products must be avoided. Excessive intake of sugar floods the liver with fructose which is then turned to fat. This leads to insulin resistance and metabolic problems. Eliminate sugary drinks and try unsweetened beverages like tea or coffee. However, caffeine, too, must be taken in moderate amounts.
- Eat protein: Protein is considered to be the most important macronutrient when it comes to losing weight. Most of the calories in protein are digested. It is the single most effective change in terms of calorie intake since it reduces your craving by 60% and boosts your metabolism.
- Limit your intake of carbohydrates: Cutting carbohydrates from your diet reduces your appetite and therefore belly fat. Consuming only 50 grams of carbohydrates per day assists in losing weight fast.
- Other dietary changes: Eat foods that are rich in fiber and do not skip meals. If you starve yourself for long periods of time, the body conserves fat by breaking down muscle tissue. This is called catabolic state. Eating in small amounts every two hours is also helpful for those looking to trim their belly fat. This helps to avoid overeating and keeps your metabolism up the entire day by processing food throughout the day.
- Track your calorie intake: It is very important to keep track of the amount of calories you consume so as to make the necessary changes in your dietary plans. You can keep track of it in a food journal or on diet-related websites.
- Exercise: Regular exercising is of utmost importance while trying to lose belly fat. Aerobic exercises, crunches (side, reverse or twist crunches), cycling, lunge twist, rolling plank exercises, captain's chair, the stomach vacuum etc. help in reducing belly fat. Other exercises such as running, jogging, cycling, walking and swimming also help in reducing weight.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Christmas is a challenging time to embrace healthy foods when you see all the tempting food advertised and marketed throughout the week. Christmas is recognised as a celebratory affair – it certainly shouldn’t be a time to feel guilty about enjoying yummy Christmas food! Well, a walk on such food during Christmas wouldn’t do any harm to burn off those calories.
However, it is still possible to cook Christmas treats that are healthy as well delicious. It is just the way they are being prepared, cooked and served - often loaded with fats such as salt and butter. And this is where the nutritional value can be depleted. Consider adopting the following healthy food recipes and party tips this festive season.
1. Spinach Balls
This appetizer allows you to incorporate some vegetables into your Christmas feast. Made using spinach, eggs, grated cheese, panko crumbs, fresh herbs and garlic salt rolled into balls kept in a freezer for a while before baking and serving them as an appetizer for your meal.
- 1 Bowl of spinach
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Chop the dried spinach leaves.
- Add all the ingredients together in a large bowl and mix well.
- Form it into balls, squeezing tightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes, turning once.
2. Vegetable platter with dip
Ingredients for the dip
- 1 cup plain non-fat yogurt.
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill leaves.
- 1 tsp garlic powder.
- 1 tsp sugar, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp ground white pepper.
- 4 tsp white vinegar.
Ingredients for vegetable platter
- 8 cups broccoli
- 3 cups sprouts
- 2 cups green beans
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 1 cup peas
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 9 cherry tomatoes
- Boil water in a saucepan and keep a separate large bowl of cold water aside.
- Blanch broccoli, beans, sprouts peas and cauliflower for 1 to 2 minutes and drain well.
- Transfer only broccoli to cold water, to retain its crunchiness and drain well.
For the dip
- Whisk yogurt, dill, vinegar, garlic powder, sugar, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- You can replace dill leaves with fresh coriander or cilantro.
- Garnish it with herbs of your choice.
In a larger serving tray arrange the dip in the center and arrange the blanched vegetables around it and garnish it with cherry tomatoes.
Apart from these two easy to cook dishes there a number of other healthy dishes one can easily prepare for Christmas, such as:
- Quinoa Stuffing
- Roasted Lamb with blackberry chutney
- Rosemary garlic marinated vegetables
- Lemon and fennel rubbed turkey or chicken
- Lemony brussels sprout salad
- 20 Minute Cauliflower soup
Reduce your holiday stress while pleasing your Christmas party guests with the following baking tips and tricks.
- Use mistletoe and snowflakes stamps and add a sophisticated design to the Christmas sugar cookies.
- Use cookie cutters to mold fudge into festive shapes like Christmas trees and snowmen.
- Create chocolate curls using a potato peeler making pretty garnish for cakes and cupcakes.
- Use frozen cranberries to add flavor to your drinks while adding a pop of festive color to your table decor.
Gone are the days when the sole purpose of having a salad was to lose the stubborn and unwanted body fats. Salads can be extremely healthy and nutritious. With salads around, the long and gruesome hours in the kitchen are a thing of the past. A bowl full of lip-smacking salad, well structured with fruits, vegetables and quality oils, will do your health a world of good. Preparing salads is no rocket science. Get all the ingredients together, and switch to the way of health and nourishment.
- A feeling of fullness like never before: Experiencing an irresistible craving for food? Salad is at your service. A bowl of salad will give you a feeling of fullness, keeping the hunger pangs and cravings at bay. With salads, you don't even need to be repetitive. A little modification and your taste buds are in for a treat.
- Say no to dehydration: Most of the vegetables that go into your salad have high water content. Scorching summers or sweltering heat can leave a person dehydrated. Salads come as a great relief. It works amazingly to hydrate your body, thereby re-energizing you fully.
- Lettuce to fight insomnia: If a good sleep is all that you desire, salad is what you need. 'Lactucarium', a substance found in lettuce, work miraculously to treat insomnia. All the more reasons to include lettuce leaves in your salad.
- The goodness of vitamins and minerals are retained: A lot of important vitamins, minerals and some enzymes (mostly digestive, that gets denatured) are lost to cooking. Taking in raw vegetables ensure that the important vitamins and minerals are not lost. Some raw vegetables contain important enzymes (live) that can greatly aid the digestion process.
- A salad rich in broccoli, avocados, bell peppers, berries: Are a rich source of antioxidants. Such salads work wonders and are an excellent boost for the immune system.
- Do not let wrinkles and saggy skin bother you: Some of the fruits and vegetables present in the salad help in collagen synthesis, thus giving your skin a natural glow. It is needless to say that spinach, lettuce and romaine, that form an integral part of your salads, are excellent for the eyesight.
- Walnut oil, sunflower oil (organic), olive oil and pumpkin seed oil: Are rich in omega fatty acids. Using these oils in salad dressings can be extremely beneficial.
- Some of the fibrous fruits and vegetables can effectively clean the intestine and colon.
The benefits of salads are immense. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
When you say weight loss, the first thing that comes to mind is the need to starve oneself and skip eating. This thought is very scary for people who are used to 4 regular meals a day. But, now you can feel good, because it is not just scary, it is false too. The idea is to eat healthy and low-calorie foods and not to stop eating completely.
You should also learn to trick your body, eat something filling that will control and delay your hunger pangs. Your stomach is busy, but not digesting anything that adds a lot of calories into your system. Sounds great, isn't it? Try these low-fat, filling foods and see how different your body reacts.
- Eggs: They are not just filled with protein, but provide all the essential amino acids for your system. These amino acids have the ability to suppress hunger, and it will be quite some time before you start feeling hungry. Scrambled or hard-boiled or in any form you like, pick an egg if you have a choice and see the difference.
- Oatmeal: Breakfast is considered as the most important meal of the day and try to make it as wholesome as possible. Oats, loaded with fiber, fills your stomach and prolongs your hunger pangs. They are not just low on calories, but help control your body mass index (BMI) as well. Oats can be cooked in different ways, and by adding fruit or vegetables you can make it more wholesome. Oats helps in controlling cravings and oats in form of salads is a very healthy option.
- Apples: With about 75 calories in each average-sized fruit, apple is packed with nutrients and accelerates weight loss. The ursolic acid present in apples improves fat burning and promotes leaner muscle mass. Best eaten raw, you can also add it to oats or have a smoothie.
- Beans: Packed with water, fiber, and protein, beans in any form will keep you full and is a great addition to your diet. Either as a soup, baked, or cooked in your preferred way, beans will help you eat less and lose more weight.
- Nuts: While nuts are usually considered off radar for people who are watching their weight, it is not true. Whether almonds, walnuts, cashews, pecans, or pistachios, nuts contain unsaturated fats and are packed with fibers. They are packed with calories, but you will feel full for a long time before you are hungry again, and that helps. A glass of water along with the nuts will prolong the digestion and keep your hunger pangs away for more hours.
If you are planning to lose some weight, eating these types of foods will definitely help you. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
Fruits have become synonymous with health because of their rich content such as vitamins, antioxidants, fiber, mineral, water, iron and various other nutrients. However, fruits also contain carbohydrates like foods such as bread, pasta, bars, aerated drinks etc. and can raise the blood sugar levels. Some fruits, when concentrated and redefined, possess more carbohydrate per serving than normal and can shoot up the blood sugar level. In this article, we would reflect on some fruits that are better to be eschewed unless specified otherwise by a dietician or a medical practitioner.
Fruit Juice: For patients with diseases such as diabetes, polycystic ovary, insulin resistance, high blood sugar, it is strictly recommended not to consume juice of any form. One glass of fruit juice that contains roughly 16 ounces of fruit juice contains 23 teaspoons of sugar that correspond to 52 gms of carbohydrate. To possess the same kind of carbohydrate, a person will have to eat 2-3 portions of fruits. What’s more, a juice filters out healthy fiber from the fruit. It is, therefore, advised to stick to fresh fruits instead of juice so that blood sugar spikes can be avoided and more nutrients can be infused into the body.
Dry fruits: Dried fruits such as the raisins, cashew etc have less water content and a huge amount of concentrated sugar embedded in it. For instance, few raisins comprising of about one-quarter of a cup consists of 8 spoons of sugar and 30 grams of carbohydrates. Other dried fruits such as the cranberry contain an additional amount of carbohydrate since artificial sugar is added to it. It, therefore, makes sense to stick to a very low portion of dried fruit or completely ignore them to avoid over-eating. Dried fruits are worth a pass for patients suffering from blood sugar.
Fruits with high-carbs: Fresh fruits are healthier any day. This being said, it is also important to skip few fruits which can instantly spike the blood sugar level. A banana, for example, contains 32 grams of carbohydrates and a medium sized mango possess close to 50 grams of carbohydrate. Apple, for instance, possesses close to 35 grams of carbohydrate which is roughly equal to 8 teaspoons of sugar. Needless to mention that fruits containing high sugar levels need to be discontinued by patients suffering from high blood sugar.
The general rule of thumb:
- Patients suffering from high blood sugar need not indulge in fruits that are very sweet such as mango, banana etc.
- Fruit intake should always be in the form of small serving rather than full consumption at one go.
- Patients suffering from diabetes should avoid juice of any form.
Fruits to help control your blood sugar - Avocado, Grapefruits, Pineapples, Kiwi, Cherries, Jamun/ Blueberries, Pear, Guvava, Green Apple etc. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Peach is an amazing summer fruit that can be eaten with almost each and every meal or for a snack. Peaches are great and nutritious source of vitamin A and vitamin C. Whether you have the peaches from the field of summer harvest or you have the frozen peaches purchased from a supermarket, they surely can help you to lose weight. For the best weight loss diet plans, eat peaches in moderation and just focus on keeping the rest of the diet low in calories. Peaches have a lot in store, lets find out what other benefits they have.
- Helps Control Calorie Consumption: There are 68 calories in a fresh large six-ounce peach. They can easily fit into a diet plan which is calorie controlled for the purpose of weight loss. One needs to consume fewer amounts of calories than you generally consume for the purpose of losing weight. Low calorie foods such as peaches can help one to stick to a calorie controlled diet. In order to reduce the consumption of calorie, one must choose peaches in place of other foods with higher amounts of calories. A brownie has about 227 calories, and a pack of potato chips has about 152 calories. So, you can have peaches in place of these snacks to reduce weight.
- Fill up on fiber and water with peaches: There is about 2.6 grams of dietary fiber in a large fresh peach or about 10 percent of the daily amount based on a diet of 2,000 calories. High fiber diet can aid a person in weight control as high fiber diet helps us to feel full. And so we tend to eat less the other foods of high calorific value. Peaches are composed of water for almost 89 percent of their whole weight and so they are also filling. Water is a calorie-free nutrient material which helps to reduce hunger as it fills up one’s belly. In order to have a high fiber breakfast, one can add slices of peach to whole grain cold cereal or oatmeal with skimmed milk.
- Always choose the right kind: There are some forms of peaches which are higher in calories. Hence, they are less beneficial for weight loss. In dried peaches, there is lower water content than fresh normal peaches. Such dried peaches have a higher amount of calorie content per ounce. A single quarter-cup serving of dried peaches have a weight of only 1.5 ounces but contain about 96 calories. There are about 118 calories in sweetened frozen peaches each half cup, and there are about 80 calories in a half cup canned peaches which are soaked in heavy syrup. If you wish to have better results in terms of weight loss, then you must choose fresh peaches or peaches canned and soaked in their own juice.
- Other Considerations: Try to eat peaches by mixing them with various dishes or try different recipes with them. Low fat cheese stick along with a large peach can help in weight loss and also acts as a high calcium content snack. Remember, trying out varieties will also help you stay motivated to achieve significant weightless that is sustainable. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
If you are looking to lose weight, it is of utmost importance to focus on your diet. Eating a balanced diet along with regular exercise is your key to losing weight. You need to focus on picking the right foods to lose weight.
Carbohydrates are classified into three types - simple carbohydrates, complex carbohydrates and fiber.
Simple carbohydrates consist of foods such as fruits and sugar. These foods should be consumed in limited amounts as they tend to spike your blood sugar levels. Excessive consumption of simple sugar ups your risk of diabetes and leads you to gain weight.
Complex carbohydrates are foods like whole grains, oats and millets that have a different digestive mechanism compared to simple carbohydrates. These foods are digested slowly and thus, the energy is released slowly into the bloodstream. This means that there is no blood sugar spike during the process of digestion. However, it is important that you should not consume these foods in excess. Overconsumption of these foods may lead to weight gain.
Fiber is a type of nutrient that is also known as roughage and it is present in vegetables and fruits. Fiber rich foods are cabbage, broccoli and carrots. Fiber helps in improving digestion as it adds bulk to your stool. The other important benefit of fiber is that it enhances your heart health by reducing bad cholesterol levels in the body. Fiber is helpful in weight loss as it improves satiety and promotes digestion.
Protein is another component that is emphasized on when you try losing weight. Good sources of protein are eggs, chicken, turkey and lentils. It helps in building muscle in the body, which in turn increases your metabolism rate, so that your overall calorie burn increases. It is recommended that you consume 1 g of protein per pound of body weight. Protein lets you hold on to your muscle mass which increases your lean muscle mass that burns fat.