Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Udaipur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vinit SinghalYour feedback matters!
My daughter age 8 month currently Since yesterday she is suffering from loose motions today she did 7 times since morning Given oflox oz 4 drops Please advise.
I have an daughter 10 years od she has sufferingvftom cough we trysevera medicine but yh cough is not cure so advice medicine medicine for cough?
Am 28 years female, I have 6 month old baby I need how to care my self. Now am looking not good and I have leg pain then foot crack sO pls give some suggestion to me.
ADHD is one of the commonest behavioral disorders that are found in mostly school going kids. In fact, this kind of trouble might affect kid's ability quite adversely. There are a few signs with the help of which ADHD in kids can be easily detected and some of the commonest ones are emotional turmoil, unfinished tasks, squirm and fidget, low focus careless mistakes and other related ones.
Both interpersonal relationship and schooling success can be hampered to a great extent with this kind of mental disorder. This is why the kids facing the mentioned signs need to be thoroughly diagnosed medically so that the doctors can recommend best treatments that can provide fastest recovery and that too safely and easily.
Best tips for tackling ADHD in kids:
- Setting behavior limits: If you make your kids learn how to lead a disciplined life, then appropriate behavioral limits are established. Arrogant child is mostly exposed towards ADHD.
- Staying calm: Child anger should be efficiently controlled otherwise. ADHD cannot be cured. If the kids remain calm and quiet, then only their concentration level will increase, and they can show productive outcomes.
- Setting pressure free structure: sensible routines and scheduled charts are to be prepared so that unwanted risks can be easily avoided. If the kids are under tremendous pressure, then they might face different kinds of behavioral troubles.
- Allow kids to make wise choices: If you let your kids free, then only they will be able to take right decisions. Kids with a cool mind can take wise decisions that are very much appropriate for upgrading their performances.
- Advocating child: Child advocating is highly needed for maintaining a good and healthy balance. But too much strictness should be avoided so that your kids' behavior can be controlled with ease. This should be done either by parents or tutors so that they can choose the best direction in life.
- Avoid muting any headstrong child: Communicate with your child so that a proper interaction can be maintained. If your child remains silent for too long, then they might face different behavioral troubles.
- Acquiring knowledge about ADHD: Both parents and kids should have equal knowledge about ADHD and then only the probable signs can be easily avoided, and the necessary treatments can be known.
- Being persistent: Persistent behavior is to be maintained, and if you find any deviation in your kids, then you should take them to a doctor.
Hello, The problem is with my sister's new born baby, from birth till now- whenever he is breast feed, after 10-20 mins he vomits all the milk out. And now a days we are giving rice water but he removes out that too. Please give some solution or let know the root problem.
Epilepsy is an abnormal medical condition due to abnormal electrical discharge from the brain, which could be due to genetic defects, brain injury,brain infection,brain tumor etc.
Recent study shows, patients with awareness, knowledge and attitude towards the disease had better health related quality of life.
- Do take your medicines at the prescribed times.
- Do make it known to your family members, friends and people who work with you that you are seizure-prone. Tell them what should be done in case you get an attack in their presence. This is nothing to be ashamed of as epilepsy is a medical condition just like high blood pressure. If your child has epilepsy, do inform the teacher and the school authorities about it.
- Do tell your child's teacher what to do if your child has a seizure.
- Do keep an accurate record of your seizures and their frequency. Preferably, maintain a seizure diary.
- Do ask your doctor about medicines for other conditions before taking them.
- Do follow a balanced diet.
- Do exercise regularly but avoid over-exertion.
- Do have good lighting in the room where you watch TV. TV picture flashes can trigger seizures. Good lighting can prevent such attacks.
- Do tell someone if you are going for a swim; swim only if your seizures are under control. Moreover, whenever possible, go swimming with a friend.
- Do talk to your doctor about the pros and cons of using contraceptive pills (medicines used by women to avoid unwanted pregnancy) along with your epilepsy medicines.
- Do wear protective headgear when cycling.
- Do tell your doctor about any ill effects that you experience.
- Do get a good night's sleep daily.
- Do make sure you have enough medicine so that you don't run short, even when you are travelling.
- Do check-in with your doctor regularly.
- Don't stop your treatment unless your doctor tells you to.
- Don't consume caffeine or alcohol excessively.
- Don't take other medicines without checking with your doctor.
- Don't lock the bathroom/toilet door, if possible.
- Don't smoke.
- Don't give others your medicines and don't take anyone else's medicines.
Myths and facts about epilepsy
Is epilepsy a very rare disorder?
No. Epilepsy is not a very rare disorder. Epilepsy affects 50 million people worldwide. In India, epilepsy has been identified as a public health problem.
Epilepsy is a mental illness?
It is not a mental illness but disorder of the brain.
Are people with epilepsy violent or crazy?
No. The belief that people with epilepsy are violent is an unfortunate image that is both wrong and destructive. People with epilepsy have no greater tendency toward severe irritability and aggressive behaviours than other people. However, once the attack is over, they return to normalcy and usually display normal behaviour in between attacks.
Are children with epilepsy dull?
Except for children who are born with obvious mental handicaps, children with epilepsy have normal intelligence and should be encouraged by parents and teachers to attend school and complete their education.
Is epilepsy a curse or wrath of God?
No. Epilepsy has nothing to do with curses, possession or other supernatural processes, such as punishment for past sins.
Does epilepsy spread through touching or coughing?
No, epilepsy does not spread through touching or coughing.
Does the use of an onion, metal, etc., help in terminating an ongoing epileptic attack?
No. Some people think that an epileptic attack can be terminated by making the person smell onions or dirty shoes, or by placing a metal key in the person's hand. These are irrational beliefs.
Are epilepsy medications ineffective?
No. Epilepsy medicines are very essential for the control of epileptic attacks and should not be neglected.
Is marriage a cure for epilepsy?
No. Marriage is an important aspect of life but not a cure for epilepsy.
Epilepsy is hereditary hence unfit to get married?
Epilepsy is not a hereditary disorder, and the tendency of epilepsy being passed is only about 3 %, therefore no bar for marriage.
Women suffering from epilepsy cannot have children?
Epilepsy or anti-epileptic drugs cannot affect fertility, even during pregnancy, women can take their medicines under their doctor’s supervision.
Is life of a person with epilepsy miserable?
No. Life of a person with epilepsy can be very manageable and very similar to life of people without epilepsy provided you have a positive approach towards life.
Is epilepsy a hindrance in leading a happy and successful life?
No. People with epilepsy can live a happy and successful life. With the advent of newer medicines, availability of medical care and increased awareness of the condition, it has become possible for a person with epilepsy to lead a good life. There are many famous poets, writers and sportsmen with epilepsy who have excelled in their respective fields.
Special Precautions in Children with Epilepsy
Computerized and Lights:
Up to 5% of children with epilepsy have photosensitive epilepsy. Computers and TVs with a flat screen do not flicker and, so, are less likely to trigger seizures than screens that flicker. However, flashing lights/ flickering screen can act as trigger in photosensitive epilepsy patients.
Exams and Tests:
For Children who are likely to have seizures in stressful situations or at certain times of the day, this may affect how they perform in exams or tests. Tiredness, memory or concentration problems may also affect exams or tests. Tiredness, memory or concentration problems may also affect exams.
Physical Activities and Lessons:
Safety is important for all children, especially during physical activities and lessons, such as when studying science. Epilepsy does not need to stop a child from doing an activity as long as he or she is safe.
This must be allowed only in the presence of trusted lifeguards. It is essential that the swimming coach and the lifeguards fully understand a child’s epilepsy so they can quickly see if the child is having a seizure in the water.