Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Udaipur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanjay Mandot
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay MandotYour feedback matters!
Very good doctor
My baby is 3 month old. I am a working woman. My job is from 9 am to 4 pm. Can I store breast milk in a steel tiffin box or in a steel bowl? At what time interval I should feed my baby at night? My baby never wakes up at night time. Please suggest.
Hi my son who is 1 year old. After his vitamin D test it shows only 19.60. Which is low kindly advise how to increase as he is growing. I hope it's not worrisome. Thanks.
My 5 year old daughter is not sleeping peacefully at night even when she is tired and skipped afternoon sleep. She often gets crankier and cries or asks for change in room after 2 hours. This pattern is continuing forever since her 3 years. She is tough to manage during the day as well where she is very strong willed for every small thing. I'm so stressed and worried where we end up beating her very often as we fail to control her. Is there any way this could be solved?
Dear Doctor, My 3 Years 3 Months baby girl suffering from stomach pain but not in regular intervals. I need your suggestions what precautions did we take to prevent from pain.
My baby is one old. But I am not getting enough milk and he is crying n is always hungry. When given bottle milk he is satisfied n sleeps for at least 2 hours on a stretch. Please suggest what to do to increase milk.
Myself Dr. Prriya Thakkar. I’m practicing homeopath at Vashi, Navi Mumbai.
Today we would talk about homeopath and respiratory tract problems. Respiratory tract can be divided broadly into upper respiratory tract involving the throat and the lower respiratory tract involving the lungs. Respiratory tract problems normally present as nasal discharge, nose block,throat pain, cough. They can be allergic or infective. Allergic problems normally get aggravated with change of weather exposure to strong odors, smoke, things like that. Whereas infective problems they can come up any time. But one associated symptom is fever. This is more or less present in infective conditions. Once the word fever is uttered panic strikes the patient as well as the patients. They normally want to back out getting treated with homeopathic. But friendslet me tell you homeopathy works wonderfully with fever conditions as high as 103- 104degrees. Today I have some presenting videos which would explain to you how wonderful homeopathy works in this high fever cases. First is a girl child, she first came to me when shewas 2 years of age, she has recurrent tonsillitis and her condition was so bad that she was not getting well even with allopathic medicines. Even high doses of antibiotics were not working for her and she was advised to undergo tonsillectomy.as a last try she came to me to try homeopathy, if that wouldn’t work she would give up. This patient she recovered perfectly with homeopathic medicines. The another video is of two siblings, brother and sister both, the boy was 9 months old when he came to me and the girl was 3 and a half years old. Both of them again having fever as high as 103-104 always. But in the girl she always had upper respiratory i.e. the throat involvement followed by the chest involvement so she would present with freeze and things like that. Both of them are doing wonderfully today after so many years. There’s one more case which is allergic, this child is 2 years of age she came to me with constant cough for almost 2 months. Her mother tried everything under the son but the cough wasn’t good. This was an allergic presentation and she recovered totally well with homoeopathy. So friends any of your respiratory illnesses you can definitely contact me at Lybrate.
There are many schedules of immunisation followed and varies from country to country, In india, we widely follow the National Immunisation Schedule.mainly in government hospitals. Many private institutions follow their own schedules.Both are effective,though the private hospitals use costly vaccines whereas the government supply is free.Depending on your purchasing power you can choose either.By and large INDIAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS the largest and most authoritative body in India . Their schedule is fair combination of both types of vaccines newer but costly and cheap ( but effective & safe ) selected appropriately.Apart from the main or essential vaccines there are some optional vaccines for diseases which are not as fatal or life threatening which are covered in national immunisation schedule. I shall explain all important schedule.
RECOMMENDED IMMUNIZATION SCHEDULE FOLLOWED IN INDIA
Text zoom - +
Sl No. Age Disease Vaccination Remarks*
1 AT BIRTH HEPATITIS B HEP B VACCINE -I
2 AT BIRTH POLIO ORAL PV 0 DOSE
3 BIRTH TO
6 WK TUBERCULOSIS BCG
4) 4 -6 WEEKS HEPATITIS B HEP B VACCINE -II
5) 6 WEEKS } DIPHTHERIA ,PERTUSIS,
}TETANUS,POLIO DPT-I OPV -I
6) 10 WK DIPHTHERIA PERTUSIS
TETANUS POLIO HEPATITIS B DPT-II OPV-II HEP B VACCINE III*
*DELHI GOVT RECOMMENDATION
7) 14 WEEKS DIPHTHERIA PERTUSIS
TETANUS POLIO DPT-III OPV- III HEP B VACCINE IV*
*DELHI GOVT RECOMMENDATION
8) 24 WEEKS HEPATITIS B HEP B VACCINE III*
9) 9 -12MTHS }- POLIO MEASLES OPV-IV MEASLES
10) 15-18 MTHS MUMPS MEASELES RUBELLA (MMR*)
11) 18 MTHS } DIPHTHERIA PERTUSIS
} TETANUS POLIO DPT –BOOSTER I OPV –V
*RECOMMENDED BY DELHI GOVT & IAP ONLY
12) 24 MTHS TYPHOID TYPHOID*
13) 4-5 YR } DIPHTHERIA PERTUSIS
} TETANUS POLIO DPT BOOSTER – II OPV -VI
YOU ARE WELCOME TO CLEAR ANY DOUBTS IN PRIVATE CONSULTATION IN THIS SITE
My daughter is 12 months old. Frm last 3 days she is getting high fever and body ache. We have consulted our doctors and he prescribed IBUGESIC syrup. Fever gets low every 5 ml of intake but it arises after 5- 6 hours. This is happening since last 2 days. Please advise.
Fever in children is a very common phenomenon, but still parents absolutely dread it. It can completely break your heart to suddenly see a happy, healthy child not getting up from the bed. Your first instinct when that thermometer crosses that dreaded 100 degrees F is to rush to the doctor for an immediate cure. That is probably the best remedy as a doctor can often catch additional signs of any disease that you may miss out on. Beyond that, here is how you can understand about fever in children better and how you can help. Technically, your child has fever when the body temperature crosses 100.4 degrees F.
Some children manage to stay active even then, but slowly get bogged down with muscle pain or other accompanying symptoms like cold, diarrhea, vomiting etc.
- Causes: Fever is normally caused by the body's reaction to fighting an infection. (That is why most doctors say it's a sign of a robust immune system). When the body's natural defense system is stimulated, the core inner temperature rises, thereby making it harder for the bacteria and viruses that caused the infection to survive. Most fever subside on their own but that's a tough thing to accept as a parent who only wants to see their child up and running as soon as possible.
- What you can do: Keep an eye on that temperature obviously. You need to find a doctor the moment the fever crosses the threshold temperature (101+ for less than three months olds, 102+ for 3-6 month olds and over 102 for older children). You should also consult a doctor if there are accompanying symptoms or if you've given a dose of Paracetamol but the fever shows no sign of subsiding. It might happen at midnight and beyond, when no regular pediatrician is unavailable. So it is best to find out which hospital has an emergency center capable of handling such eventualities near your home.
- Fever medications: It is super important for parents to know that fever medications must be given in the correct dose at the right times based on a child's weight, age, and overall health. An overdose can lead you straight to the emergency room. Don't mix a cold/cough medication that also has a fever medication in it.
- Home remedies: Encourage your child to drink as much fluids as possible to prevent dehydration. Some doctors advise complete body sponging to bring down the temperature and this can be done as long as it doesn't cool the body too suddenly (there are contradictory notes on this practice, so do consult you doctor before your do this).
As parent, it is important you equip yourself with the right knowledge before you provide treatment to your child.