Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Udaipur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Pritam Chakraborty.Your feedback matters!
I am 20 year old boy Having a Cold problem from my childhood I referred many doctors But It was not cured completely what should I do for Complete satisfaction? Please help me for my Cold Problem Thank You.
I am a 35 year old male with active lifestyle. I am a non smoker and occasional light alcohol drinker. I am 6 feet tall and weighed 95 kg. Being overweight I was advised for whole abdomen usg during a rouine medical annual check up in mar 15. Everything else was normal but fatty liver grade ii was diagnosed. Later lft was done which was normal. I took udiliver 300 bd for two months and stopped alcohol. In two months my weight also reduced 4 kgs and I was feeling much better from indigestion n gas. Today I just went for an opinion from a liver specialist. He advised some blood tests for hepatitis, fibroscan and uri endoscopy. Blood tests done were ttg antibody, iga and hepatitis b surface antigen anti hcv antibody. The blood tests have been normal. As the fibroscan and endoscopy are costly tests, do I need to go for them in current circumstances? shouldn? t I just go for usg of liver to check the improvement?
Male hypogonadism, also known as testosterone deficiency, is a failure of the testes to produce the male sex hormone testosterone, sperm, or both.Testosterone play an important role in sperm production.This condition can be due to a testicular disorder or the result of a disease process involving the hypothalamus and pituitary gland.
This is of two types including:
Primary type of hypogonadism is also known as primary testicular failure, which originates from a problem in the testicles.
Secondary type of hypogonadism indicates a problem in the hypothalamus or the pituitary gland through which parts of the brain that signal the testicles to produce testosterone
Either type of hypogonadism may be caused by an inherited (congenital) trait or something that happens later in life (acquired), such as an injury or an infection. At times, primary and secondary hypogonadism can occur together.
Common causes of primary hypogonadism include:
- Klinefelter syndrome
- Undescended testicles
- Mumps orchitis
- Injury to the testicles
- Cancer treatment
Causes of secondary hypogonadism:
A number of conditions can cause secondary hypogonadism, including:
- Kallmann syndrome
- Pituitary disorders
- Inflammatory disease
- Concurrent illness
How Is Hypogonadism Diagnosed?
Your doctor will conduct a physical exam to confirm that your sexual development is at the proper level for your age. They may examine your muscle mass, body hair and your sexual organs.
Testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is the most commonly administered as a topical gel, transdermal patch or by injection and is the recommended treatment for male hypogonadism.
You can get testosterone replacement therapy by:
- Injections of a gonadotropin releasing hormone may trigger puberty or increase your sperm production.
Patients can also improve testosterone levels with lifestyle changes, including:
- Losing weight
- Managing stress
- Getting adequate sleep
- Avoiding alcohol
- Giving up smoking.
In adult males, hypogonadism may alter certain masculine physical characteristics and impair normal reproductive function. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
My husband has got bacterial infection and his one sides of the testicles has swollen a bit and his lower abdomen pains a lot. We had unprotected sex on my periods on the previous day. He consulted a doctor and doctor gave him medication and suggested blood test and ultrasound. But nothing was found in the report. There was little improvement. He also had hernia operation in the past. But again we had sex and after that his swollen testicles grew in three to four size. And pain also increased. We consulted another doctor. He is taking antibiotics injections and medication. His condition has started to improve. He also used to eat a lot outside food. I want to know what was the cause for his infection?
My mother is 40 year old and suffering from khata dear (acidity) for last 8-9 month and headache. She took medicine but haven't got any relief. But from someways (5-6 days, she feel dry cough, irritation in the throat at the time of eating, headache and illness twice and thrice in a day. She is also not willing to eat anything. What should she do?
From a medical standpoint, intercourse during menstruation is completely fine. Most men have claimed that period sex seems messier when compared to intercourse on normal days but, other than that, there aren’t any risk regarding period sex. In fact, it is advisable to engage in vaginal intercourse during periods for a variety of reasons.
Here are a few things you should know about period sex:
- Intercourse during periods isn’t harmful: Contrary to the popular myth, period blood doesn’t contain impurities which might affect the penis in any way. Instead, menstrual blood is normal blood mixed with disposed off tissues from the lining of the uterus and the penis isn’t affected by menstrual blood in any way. The menstrual blood serves as excellent lubricant to make the process of intercourse smoother.
- Chances of pregnancy still persist: It is not okay to completely ward off protective measures during periods because even though it is safer than other days, there might be a small chance that the sperm of a man lives on in the female body till early ovulation. Besides, the chance of getting a sexually transmitted disease is the same during period sex.
- Can relieve cramps: Some women claim that having sex during their period helps ease their cramps as having an orgasm releases ‘pain- reducing endorphins’ into the bloodstream. Also, some medical practitioners believe that sex provides relief by using up chemicals which are responsible for cramps. Thus, having period sex can prove to be relaxing and less painful than normal days.
- Sexual arousal ups during menstruation: Most women feel hornier and more aroused during periods because of the increase in the hormonal levels. Some women feel heavier in the pelvic area which increases the sex drive; precisely the reason why having sex during this time is a good idea. So, for all you know, you might actually have a brilliant intercourse session when she’s on her period. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.