Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahesh Kumar Gupta
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Myopia
Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis
Treatment of Enlarged Prostate
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Ankylosing Spondylitis
Treatment of Liver Disease
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment of Osteoporosis
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment of Kidney Failure
Liver Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cirrhosis
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh Kumar GuptaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Mahesh Kumar Gupta to be knowledgeable, caring and helped me improve my health. Thanks for the suggesting me. Please suggest the name of alovera cream
Purshottam Sidheswar Pandit
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Mahesh Kumar Gupta to be knowledgeable, very helpful, sensible, helped me improve my health and well-reasoned. Thanks for your sugesun
He gives best treatment as my knee pain was gone within 3 months of treatment and He contacts his patients weekly to check on them even if they are from another city or state.
Harbans Singh Gill
Dr. Mahesh Kumar Gupta provides answers that are very helpful and inspiring. Many many thanks for the precious advise .
The total experience is very nice.
Muscle pain is common to both men and women irrespective of their age. People usually resort to painkillers in order to receive temporary relief, but taking too much of these can affect your health adversely. Ayurveda provides effective ways to heal muscle pain.
The following few ways to treat muscle pain can be taken into notice:
1. Regular exercise- Regular exercise can help you treat muscle pain. Yoga can prove to be very helpful. You may try lotus pose, cobra pose, boat pose among many others to get relief from muscle pain.
2. Panchakarma- Panchakarma is a therapeutic treatment, which can help you heal your muscle pain. It includes five steps vamana, virechana, nasya, basti, raktamokshana, which will clean your body and mind from toxins and can also offer relief from pain.
3. Abhyanga-This process is suggested in ayurveda to offer relief from muscular pain. It involves applying oil all over your body followed by a warm bath.
5. Use of ice cubes- Applying ice cubes over the area of muscle pain can help you get some relief.
7. Ayurvedic Herbs- Ayurveda also offers many herbs, which can help you find relief from your muscle pain.
By following the aforesaid tips you can heal your muscle pain naturally without any side effects. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Seeing multiple strands of your hair leave your scalp with shampoo, on the floor while combing or on clothes later on is terrible. It gives a feeling of going bald if such a situation continues unabated, and that feeling is disturbing.
Hair fall has become a major problem for many nowadays. Often lack of proper care and knowledge about hair care products causes damage to hair and eventually hair fall. According to Ayurveda, hair fall is associated with body type that varies from person to person and also the stability of mind-body structure. Hair is considered as a byproduct of bone formation, as stated by Ayurveda. The tissues which are responsible for the development of bones are also responsible for hair growth.
Here are some ways through which Ayurveda addresses the problem of hair fall:
1. Dietary modifications: It is important to identify the lifestyle habits that cause hair fall problems. Consumption of excessive alcohol, meat, coffee, tea and smoking are some of these habits. Hair fall can also be aggravated by indulging in intake of too much greasy, spicy, oily, sour, fried and acidic foods.
Here are some ways suggested by Ayurveda to beat hair fall:
- Hair growth can be stimulated by drinking fresh juices of pomegranate, carrot, spinach and kokam.
- Sesame seeds promote hair growth as they are rich in magnesium and calcium.
- Cow's Ghee is a trusted remedy to resolve all scalp problems.
- Green vegetables and fruits are rich in fiber and hence help in preventing hair fall.
- To make the roots of hair strong, foods rich in vitamin C, vitamin B-complex, sulphur and zinc must be consumed, which are found in whole grains, soybeans, buttermilk, nuts and milk.
2. Ayurvedic herbs and medicated oil: bhringaraja, brahmi, amla, neem, ritha and ashwagandha are some ayurvedic herbs rich in essential nutrients that help in reducing stress and promoting hair growth. Different types of oils including coconut oil, brahmi oil, amla oil or mustard oil are useful in hair fall.
3. Yoga and meditation: Inverted asanas help in stimulating the blood flow to the head. Additionally, practicing deep breathing exercises to control anxiety, stress and keep the mind balanced is also advisable.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Consuming less fiber, low intake of water or having too much of junk and spicy food lead to constipation, which is very irritating and makes you feel lethargic. Less exercise and a side effect of certain medications can also result in constipation.
Whatever may be the cause behind it, you can easily relieve yourself from this stomach ailment without consuming any drugs. It can make you miserable and it is medically defined as less than three stools a week or worse. Daily bowel movement is essential to keep healthy and feel fresh.
You can try these natural treatments to relieve your discomfort and keep it at bay:
- Yogurt: It is an excellent source of probiotics which contain beneficial bacteria. Yogurt is a great remedy for constipation. You can consume it daily to keep constipation at bay.
- Baking Powder: Baking powder has an alkalizing effect and eases movement through bowels. Add a teaspoon to cup of warm water and drink it quickly for best results.
- Oatmeal Tea: When constipation is severe, this remedy is the best. Oatmeal is fibrous, Honey is healing and moisturizing, and Chamomile is an anti-inflammatory agent which soothes the stomach. Together, they can cure severe constipation. So, take a cup of water and add three teaspoons of oatmeal, a Chamomile tea bag and two teaspoons of honey. Drink 2-3 times a day if your problem is severe.
- Lemon: Lemon contains citric acid, which has the ability to stimulate the function of digestion in your body. The action of lemon on your digestive system enables it to get rid of the toxins and undigested material that generally accumulates on the colon's (the last part of your small intestine) walls, giving rise to constipation as a result. Collect the juice of 1 lemon in a cup by squeezing it. Fill the rest of the cup with warm water. Drink it every morning.
With these Ayurvedic remedies, you can very effectively deal the bothering constipation.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
It is often said that Ayurveda is a science and Yoga is an implementation of that science. In treatment, both these connected branches speak for the consistent practice of breathing techniques and medication along with indulging in body purification processes, use of medicinal herbs, well regulated dieting as well as chanting of mantras for uplifting the mind and body. In Yoga, the physical purification processes are known as 'Satkriyas' whereas the same in Ayurveda is called as 'Panchakarma'.
Understanding Yoga and Ayurveda: Yoga and Ayurveda are two interrelated branches of Vedic knowledge that encircles the whole universe.
- The formation of Ayurveda: Ayurveda is one of the four secondary Vedic teachings called the Upavedas that constitute Gandharva Veda, Dhanur Veda and Sthapatya Veda as well. Each of these Ayurvedas is directed towards specific walks and aims at the Vedic quest for liberation. Ayurveda is by far the most important of all four as it addresses all the disciplines of healing as well as holistic well-being of the mind and body.
- The birth of Yoga: Ever since its formation through the Yoga, it has been widely accepted as one of the six branches of Vedic preaching. It advocates the authority of the Vedas and aims at systematizing the true meaning of the Vedic preaching.
In this classical Vedic system, Ayurveda is specifically developed for healing purposes and there is no other branch of the Vedic system that can offer such comprehensive healing benefits.
Integral relationship between Yoga and Ayurveda: The term Yoga means combining, harmonizing and above all uniting. Thus a Yogic approach is an inherently integrative approach that harmonizes the body, mind and senses, and is not involved in implementation of sideline techniques but incorporates a synthesis of all aspects of the healing processes. This is the reason why Yoga originally has an eight-fold path directed towards bettering the quality of lives. Otherwise, it is caught in similar variants of physical reductionism that are often addressed in modern medicinal therapies.
Asana is referred to as the internal medicine of Yoga as it brings the vital energy directly into the body. It is aimed at alleviating the nervous, respiratory and circulatory systems of the human body. It is crucial to integrate Ayurveda and Yoga for bringing out the total spiritual and healing potential of the human body as well as each of these vast branches of Vedic knowledge.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A native of the Mediterranean, sage is known for its medicinal properties. This herb comes with a high antioxidant content and it also adds that extra dose of flavor to your healthy meal. The leaves of sage come in a greenish-gray color, while the color of the flower can be blue, purple, white or pink. This herb is popular for its warm and musky essence, which resembles rosemary. Interestingly enough, there are more than 900 species of sage that can be found all around the world.
Furthermore, it is noteworthy that sage has a history of its medicinal properties, which is capable of treating disorders that range from gastrointestinal discomfort to mental disorder.
Health Benefits of Sage
- Protection of the body’s cells: Sage has the ability to protect the cells of the body from free radicals due to its high antioxidant properties. The free radicals can be the cause of the death of the cells in the body, which can thereby impair your immunity and lead to the development of chronic diseases.
- Treatment of Alzheimer’s disease: Studies have indicated that sage can have a positive impact on your cognitive skills. Moreover, this herb can also provide protection against neurological disorders. In another study, it has been seen that sage can improve memory in healthy adults.
- Control of cholesterol and blood glucose levels: Patients who have high cholesterol or diabetes can benefit from the regular consumption of sage leaves for 3 months. The study included 40 participants, who witnessed lower average glucose levels, lower fasting glucose and also a lower level of cholesterol. Thus, it can be concluded that sage is beneficial in reducing the level of glucose, after fasting for 2 hours.
- Control of inflammation: Sage is known to have a property that provides relief from inflammation. However, this property is yet to be confirmed as more evidence is required to establish the same.
Nutritional Profile of Sage: Sage is a powerhouse herb that contains several nutrients and vitamins. This includes nutrients such as potassium, folate, magnesium, beta-carotene, and phosphorous. Sage is also said to contain vitamins such as vitamin K and vitamin A. However, since we consume very low amounts of the herb, the nutrients that our body gets through sage are in negligible amounts.
Ways of Adding Sage to Your diet
Sage is available in three forms, which you can choose from for consumption. This includes fresh leaves, ground sage and rubbed sage. Therefore, you can consume the leaves whole, or add the ground form to a dish for added flavor and taste, minus the calorie and salt. This herb goes great with poultry, meats, and also in the form of tea. Or, you can also have it by sprinkling it over cheese, egg bakes or with omelets.
Apart from consumption, sage also finds its place as an ingredient in soaps, cosmetics as well as herbal supplements. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Cirrhosis of the liver is a chronic and progressive condition in which the liver gets damaged and healthy liver tissue is replaced with scar tissue, ultimately causing dysfunction of the liver. Liver damage obstructs the circulation to the liver and also hinders the processing of nutrients, hormones, drugs, toxins as well as the production of proteins and other substances made by the liver. Liver cirrhosis is caused due to hepatitis C, fatty liver, alcohol abuse, viral infections, inherited diseases, and as a toxic reaction to drugs and environmental waste products. The modern management of this condition involves diet modification, reduction in salt intake, total abstinence from alcohol, and avoiding all the causative factors of this condition.
Cirrhosis of liver causes multiple symptoms in the body including fluid collection in the abdomen, bleeding varices in the stomach, chronic heart failure, damage to the central nervous system, and various metabolic disorders in the body. Advanced cirrhosis of liver is ultimately fatal.
- It is therefore of prime importance to commence treatment at the earliest possible. It is of utmost importance to treat the known cause of the condition. Ayurvedic herbal medicines have a definite action on the hepatic cells and can effectively treat inflammation within the liver. Ayurvedic medicines can also treat infection as well as metabolic dysfunction of the liver, and protect it from the toxic effects of drugs and environmental wastes. Ayurvedic medicines can therefore be effectively used to treat all the known causes of liver cirrhosis.
- Liver damage causes healthy cells to be replaced with scar tissue. This is preceded by a process of inflammation, swellingand gradual death of the liver cells. Early institution of Ayurvedic treatment can help dramatically reduce inflammation and swelling and thereby preserve the liver cells and prevent unnecessary damage. Even in the early phase of scar deposition. Ayurvedic herbal medicines can help remove scar tissue, minimize permanent liver damage, and help regenerate damaged or near-dead cells Ayurvedic herbal medicines therefore form a comprehensive treatment therapy for liver cirrhosis.
- The other symptoms resulting from liver cirrhosis such as ascites, esophageal varices, congestive cardiac failure and metabolic disorders start improving automatically when the obstruction in the liver is treated and removed. However, Ayurvedic medicines can treat these symptoms independently too, if these are observed to be severe in the affected individual and require urgent medical care. Improved functioning of the liver also helps to improve the overall metabolism and nutrition of the body and metabolize toxic substances within the body. Prompt and aggressive Ayurvedic treatment, therefore, helps comprehensively treat liver cirrhosis and significantly reduce morbidity and mortality resulting from this disease.
- Cirrhosis can also adversely affect the central nervous system and cause psychotic symptoms and permanent nerve damage. Prompt treatment with Ayurvedic herbal medicines also helps to preserve the brain function and treat the associated symptoms. If required, brain damage can be treated separately with herbal medicines which strengthen the nervous system and help rejuvenate nerve cells. Medicines which act on the nervous system also help improve confidence and self-control and are therefore equally useful in helping the affected individual abstain completely from alcohol, which is a known and predominant cause of cirrhosis.
- Depending upon the severity of the condition, most individuals affected with cirrhosis require regular and aggressive Ayurvedic herbal treatment for periods ranging from six to eighteen months, in order to obtain significant benefit and a possible complete cure from the condition. Ayurvedic treatment thus has a definite role to play in the management and treatment of cirrhosis.
Joints are intersections between bones; they provide support to your body during movement. There are a host of conditions which might lead to joint pain; they are bursitis, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and gout. The most common joint pain disorders are knee pain, hip pain and shoulder pain.
Ayurveda associates joint pain with loss of bone density in the joints. This problem is characterized by a feeling of discomfort and cracking sounds. If the condition is not treated, it might lead to immobilization of the joint. The condition of the bones tends to deteriorate as they do not receive enough nutrition.
The other cause that leads to joint pain is toxin accumulation in the joints. As the toxin accumulates, it leads to heavy and stiff joints. If preventive measures are not taken on time, continuous accumulation of toxins may lead to swollen joints.
The various Ayurvedic remedies for joint pain are:
- Diet: Focus on eating foods especially that are salty, sour and sweet in taste. Add healthy foods such as rye and quinoa along with ghee as they pacify the "vata" in your body. Focus on natural foods such as vegetables and fruits to your diet.
- Herbs: Certain herbs such as turmeric help to treat joint pain. It contains curcumin that has anti-inflammatory properties which help in reducing the pain. You may also consume fenugreek seeds for its antioxidant content and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Lifestyle Changes: Make sure you exercise on a daily basis, do basic bodyweight exercises such as push-ups and squats to improve your strength. You may also start with yoga workouts to build flexibility and mobility in your body.
- Smoking and Alcohol: Limit smoking and alcohol consumption to keep your body healthy, and free from free radical damage. Alcohol may also cause you to put on weight, thus leading to obesity. Smoking may cause various problems in the lungs that may lead to breathing disorders.
My father age is 69 years a month ago his creatinine level was 10 he was undergoing dialysis one in a month but the doctor advised us to do it once in a week so we did this for three weeks and now his creatinine is 1.83 So is there any problem for lowering of creatinine He is passing urine normally Another question I wanted to ask you was one month ago we had given him 3 unit of blood but still his hemoglobin has reduced to 7.8 so what is the reason, and what to do to keep the normal level and what to eat to increase the level.
Chronic kidney disease is defined as kidney damage or a decreased kidney glomerular filtration rate of less than 60, for 3 months or more, irrespective of the cause. This results in a progressive decline in kidney function, resulting in accumulation of toxic waste products, excess water and salts, increased blood pressure, anemia and many other complex symptoms. Chronic renal failure is divided into Stages I - V, out of which the first three stages are asymptomatic, and usually discovered incidentally, while doing routine blood tests.
Symptoms of chronic kidney disease
Most people do not have severe symptoms until the disease gets worse. However, you may:
- Have less energy
- Have trouble thinking clearly
- Have a poor appetite
- Have trouble sleeping
- Have dry, itchy skin
- Have muscle cramping at night
- Have swollen feet and ankles
- Have puffiness around your eyes, especially in the morning
- Need to urinate more often, especially at night
The management of chronic renal failure consists of treatment of the underlying cause if possible, aggressive treatment of high blood pressure and other symptoms, liquid and diet control, cessation of smoking, and finally, with end-stage disease, resorting to dialysis or a kidney transplant.
The Ayurvedic treatment of chronic renal failure is based on three principles:
- Treating the damaged kidneys
- Treating the body tissues (dhatus) which make up the kidneys and
- Treating the known cause.
For patients with chronic renal failure intending to take Ayurvedic treatment (or for that matter, any alternative treatment), the following points should be kept in mind:
All patients should be under the regular supervision and treatment of a qualified and experienced Urologist
Ayurvedic medicines should be taken in the form of additional treatment, and should not replace other, regular treatment or dialysis.
The advantage of using Ayurvedic medicines in chronic renal failure is that in most patients, the kidney damage can be either partly or fully reversed, the frequency of dialysis can be reduced, and the increased risk of death from cardiovascular diseases can be significantly reduced. Thus, Ayurvedic medicines have the potential for an important therapeutic contribution in all the stages of this condition. We are treating Kidney patients with excellent results. We have developed specific Panchakarma treatment protocol and specific medicines for kidney patients. 2 to 3 weeks Panchakarma treatments specially Basti karma, Shirodhara, abhayangam with medicated oil and special Ayurvedic diet plan gives tremendous relief. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A slipped disc is when the soft part of the disc bulges through the circle of connective tissue. This prolapsed may push on the spinal cord or on the nerve roots. However, it is worth noting that 20 percent of the population has slipped discs without experiencing any noticeable symptoms. The term 'slipped disc' does not really describe the process properly - the disc does not actually slip out of place, but bulges out towards the spinal cord. This condition is also known as a herniated, ruptured, prolapsed, or, more commonly, slipped disk. Some of the most common symptoms of slipped disk are pain in back, neck and lower part of the body, feeling of partial or complete numbness in the parts above and below the affected area, weakness in the lower limbs, scratchy/itchy (tingling) feeling around the genitals, pain while doing any activity such as sneezing, coughing, walking, people suffering from slipped disk often complain of experiencing partial or regular unconsciousness.
In the past, a patient suffering from Disc problems may have been prescribed painkillers/medications, instructed to refrain from physical activities, referred for Physiotherapy, received steroidal shots or injections, and when they weren’t progressing, they were sent for Spinal Surgery. Frankly speaking only 5% of Back pains require Surgeries; the other 95% can be dealt with conservative & curative Ayurveda Panchakarma Chikitsa. The Ayurvedic treatment usually involves Panchakarma expert Ayurvedic doctor’s consultation and a series of ayurvedic panchakarma treatments like Abhayangam, Swedam, Elakizhi, Navarakizhi, Nasayam, Kativasti, Anuvashan and Kashaya vasti, Marma chikitsa, Meru Chikitsa (Ayurvedic Neuro-Therapy) along with Vatahara chikitsa and Brumhana chikitsa and internal medicines. Usually the treatment p, riod is 7/14/21/28 days according to the severity of the disease.
Today, you may not have to live with that pain anymore. We have successfully treated Lower Back Pain resulting from herniated, bulging, or degenerative discs. We are dedicated to improving the health and function of our patients by combining Traditional Ayurveda Panchakarma Chikitsa with modern technology and Osteopathic manipulation techniques (OMT) to deliver an unprecedented level of service.
We have treated many patients with Spinal conditions like:
- Herniated Discs
- Bulging Discs
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Sciatica Syndrome
- Spondylosis (Cervical /Lumbar/ Ankylosing)
- Cervical radiculopathy,
- Dehydrated disc
- Disc prolapsed
- Spinal canal stenosis
- Lower back pain
- Neck pain
- Scoliosis etc.