Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Udaipur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B. K Jain
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. B. K JainYour feedback matters!
I have dark spots im my face since 1 year can I use orange peel and neem face mask to reduce darkspots in my face with 1 month.
5 Ways to prevent skin conditions in athletes
Given their nature of work, athletes are at an increased risk of acquiring skin infections. These infections can lead to serious consequences if they are left untreated.
Here are 5 ways in which skin conditions in athletes can be prevented.
1. Keeping the bruises clean and covered - It is important for you to keep the cuts and scrapes clean as well as covered with bandages until they heal because such openings in the skin weaken its defence against germs and increase the possibility of infections.
2. Taking care of the blisters - Make sure that you prevent blisters as much as you can because they make your skin susceptible to infections. Use gels, sprays, ice pads etc. and try to avoid getting sunburnt to prevent dangerous skin conditions.
3. Be mindful of what you wear - It is important for athletes to wear moisture-wicking clothes because sweat, if not made to dry, can lead to growth of germs that can cause a number of skin diseases and infections. Also, not wearing foot wear outside the field can lead to infections on the feet.
4. Maintaining good hygiene - Take a shower after every practice session and game using an antimicrobial soap. Besides, use a clean towel and avoid sharing your personal care items like razor, soap etc. with other athletes. This is extremely important in order to reduce the risk of bacterial infection.
5. Disinfect all your equipment and go for skin checkups - Make sure that you disinfect all your equipment like the protective gear, gloves, socks etc. after every use. Also, get regular skin checkups done, especially if you are associated with high-risk sports like wrestling, boxing etc. There is an increased possibility of skin injuries, sores, swelling etc. in athletes associated with such sports, which exposes them to a greater risk of skin conditions. So, disinfection and clinical checkups on a regular basis become all the more important for them. Ensure that you never use sandpaper or bleach simply to pass a skin check up. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.