Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Udaipur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. B. K JainYour feedback matters!
Hii doctor, i am 29 years old female and having a very odd dark circles ive tried lot of treatments but its not working at all please suggest me a good cream ?
Sir, my 4 year old son is suffering from skin rashes since last 5 days. An mbbs doctor had prescribed 3 medicines which were used for 5 days, but the condition has aggravated. Usually rashes and little high fever come in evenings. And decrease in day time. Medicines are 1) nobel plus (paracetamol and mefenamic acid.) 2) calkem (calamine aloe vera, liquid paraffin. 3) noredex. Pls advise urgently.
I am having operation marks on my forehead and having chicken pox marks all over my face how can I remove it.
Your baby's skin is soft and sensitive. Being cautious can reduce the chances of skin infections, but it doesn't in any way refute the possibility altogether. Hence, you must be overly careful. Your baby could face intense discomfort if you happen to neglect the appearance of diaper rashes. Persistent rashes on your baby's bottom can make him or her irritable. Look into the causes and remedies of diaper rash in children to keep your baby cheerful.
Causes of Diaper Rash in Babies:
- Friction and lack of air circulation between the skin and the diaper can make your baby suffer from rashes. Make sure the baby doesn't rub against a diaper for too long; existing rashes can go worse in that case.
- You should never let your child remain in a dirty diaper for more than a while. A dirty diaper increases the risk of bacterial infections on your baby's bottom.
- Skin chafing could also be the reason behind diaper rashes.
- Yeast infections could surface in the form of rashes on a baby's bottom. Yeast or fungus is present in small amounts in every person's body. It can be easily developed in the moist yet warm atmosphere of a child's diaper. Being the mother, if you are on medications, your child's chances of contracting skin rashes is likely to be more. The side effects show in children as they are breastfed.
Ways to Treat Diaper Rash in Babies:
- Each time a diaper is changed; the area must be washed with lukewarm water and cleaned with a soft piece of cloth. The area should then be dried completely. It is best to avoid soaps as they can be harsh on sensitive skin.
- Applying ointments or petroleum jelly can soothe diaper rash. Powder can keep the area dry; it can also remedy itching.
- Feed your child liquids like cranberry juice; it makes his or her urine less concentrated. Concentrated urine can cause severe bacterial infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Sagging skin can come about due to sudden and drastic weight loss, as well as the advancement of age. The supple quality of the skin is gradually lost to age as the skin becomes less firm and tight and begins to sag in certain areas. The skin loses collagen and elasticity which holds the connective tissue together, as we lose weight and begin to age. Also, constant exposure to harsh weather conditions including extreme heat or cold can make the skin sag. Further, sagging skin can also point towards poor lifestyle choices. All this makes the skin appear less firm.
So how can you fix sagging skin? Read on to know more:
- Smoking and Alcohol: Excessive alcohol consumption and smoking can lead to a dramatic change in your overall looks. One of the foremost ways in which these habits show up is with sagging skin. So it would be a good idea to eliminate smoking and excessive, daily drinking from the menu so that your skin remains younger looking and firmer in the long run. These habits can also make your skin age before time, apart from the other health repercussions.
- Moisturise: Dryness is also a major factor that leads to aging skin. You can switch to a moisturiser that has Vitamin A and C as well as other ingredients like alpha hydroxyl acid, which can make the skin look much younger. These kinds of moisturisers helping in replacing some of the lost collagen as they provide nutrients to let the skin breathe and tighten.
- Supplements: Taking vitamin supplements is also a good way to ensure that the skin becomes tighter. Vitamins like A, E and C are of paramount importance for the skin and these nutrients can make the skin shine with good health. So, you can ask your doctor about taking these supplements in order to make the skin appear tighter.
- Cosmetic Procedures: Injectables like Botox and fillers, as well as laser and other methods used to make the skin smooth, can also make it appear tighter and more firm. You can also go through a minor surgery to remove the sagging skin if there is a notable amount that seems to be dripping down.
- Exercise: Regular facial and body exercises will help in gradually toning the body, which will make the skin more firm as well. This is especially important if you have recently lost a whole lot of weight and are suffering from sagging skin. There are many ways to improve the quality of the skin and diet and exercise are the first steps.
I have got post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. So what is the cause of it and what are the complications of this disease?
Dry skin occurs when your skin lacks the necessary moisture it requires. It tends to make your skin flaky, itchy and sometimes causing red patches especially on your legs, back, arms, or waist. These are the areas we usually forget to moisturize and we tend to concentrate more on our face and hands. Dry skin is usually the result of frequent bathing, use of soaps which are harsh for your skin. Scratching an itchy patch too much will eventually draw blood and might even result in a permanent scar.
However, there are lots of remedies for dry skin, which will help you restore the natural oils of your skin and make your skin glow:
- A hot water bath is a strict no for your dry skin: Hot showers tend to remove your body of its natural oil, which is essential to keep your skin moisturized and smooth. A warm shower should last no longer than 5 to 10 minutes. Afterwards, gently pat your skin dry with a towel and immediately slather on the moisturizer.
- Do not use harsh soaps: Wash your body with a soapless cleanser when you take a bath. Skin care experts recommend a cleanser that contains ceramides. Ceramides are fatty molecules that help the skin to hold moisture.
- Use sunscreen with good SPF: One of the main causes of dry and itchy skin is sun damage. To prevent sun damage, use of sunscreen with a good amount of SPF is essential for your skin. If you're planning to stay out in the sun for more than 15 minutes, make sure you use a sunscreen with SPF 30. There are many moisturizers which have a good amount of SPF.
- Moisturize your skin daily: Use moisturizers, which contain ceramides, shea butter and glycerin. Moisturizing your skin daily can easily prevent dry skin. Apply a good moisturizer immediately after taking a shower to trap in the moisture.
- Use a face mask: A honey and oatmeal face mask can be used as an exfoliating scrub. Mix together 2 tablespoons of oats with a tablespoon of honey. Spread the mask over your face, keep it for 15 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
I have dark circles due to which the portion under the eyes appears too tan compared to my face. Can you suggest some natural remedies for the same.
I am 18 years old girl and I have oily skin, and hence because of that I have a lot of pimples and these pimples tend to leave their mark on my face. My forehead is completely filled with these kind of marks and there are some on my cheeks and nose as well. Please suggest me something so that my marks are being removed permanently. One more thing I wanted to consult you that is my forehead is darker than my whole face, so tell me something, to maintain even tone of my face.
Im' asking for my girlfriend. She is 23 and she have oily skin (face) and she also have a lots of black dots deep and light. She want to use a cream to get rid of those black dots. So which cream is ideal to remove them from face?
Sir my wife is 33-34 years old and USG report seen a calculus GB sludge 19 mm what should I do? Is it required to operate or Not?
Having very dry skin whole year, and having very dry stretch marks on hands, Belly and legs, no moisturizer helped. No soaps even. Very depressed. Please help me out Doctor.
My face skin is very dry. It looks very dull. Could you suggest any medicine for it. I am in depression no. Or plastic surgery is the better option?
Hello, actually I have dark spots on my face, I want a clear skin, so is Aloe vera gel useful for removing dark patches from d face? If not den please suggest some helpful remedy to get a spotless skin. Thank you.
Sir There are some white spot are looking in before 4 month. I have not taken any medicine or something false. Please sir suggest me the right way to salve this problem.
My lips are little bit darker from my friends, how to get reddish lips? The side lips are also darker from lips, please help me.
Are you overweight and thinking about undergoing a weight loss surgery? If yes, then you can opt for a gastric bypass surgery in which certain changes are made to your digestive system. Due to these changes, the amount of food you consume gets limited and the absorption of nutrients also gets reduced. Hence, weight is lost due to a reduced appetite or stomach capacity. This surgery is undertaken by people who face severe health difficulties because of being overweight. Gastric bypass surgery is a very common form of weight loss surgery associated with fewer complications.
Why is it carried out?
A gastric bypass surgery is carried out to help you lose excess weight. This reduces the risk of several weight related health problems such as heart diseases, hypertension, severe sleep apnea, strokes, type 2 diabetes and gastroesophageal reflux disease. This surgery is undertaken when a person fails to lose weight after following several other methods.
Who is it for?
You can undergo a gastric bypass surgery only when your body mass index or BMI is 40 or higher, or when your BMI is between 35 to 39.9 and you also have a severe condition such as type 2 diabetes or high blood pressure. This surgery is not for all people who are overweight and several criteria have to be fulfilled before deciding on getting a gastric bypass surgery.
This surgery has to be carried out at a hospital and the patient is given general anesthesia. The surgery depends on the individual situation of the patient and on the surgeon who will perform the surgery. Most bariatric or gastric bypass surgeries are carried out laparoscopically. A laparoscope, which is a small, tubular device with a camera attached to it, is inserted into the abdomen via small incisions. The camera allows the surgeon to see the inside your abdomen and perform the procedure. A laparoscopic surgery is efficient and the patient recovers faster than other modes of surgery. The surgery takes several hours to be successfully completed. The patient may have to stay at the hospital for five days.
Gastric bypass surgery or bariatric surgery provides long-term weight loss. The amount of weight that will be lost depends on the surgical procedure and the patient’s new lifestyle and habits. It is possible to lose more than 50% of the pre-surgery body weight within a span of two years. Along with weight loss, the surgery also improves and resolves various conditions related to obesity.
A gastric bypass surgery also improves a patient’s ability to undertake regular activities. This improves the quality of life and the patient gains confidence and self-esteem. A successful gastric bypass surgery can change your life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.