Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Udaipur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Archana SinghalYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 32 year old female, my esr is 46 mm/lst hr. Serum prolactin level is 94. 13 serum testesterone is 35. 94 ngm/dl. Kindly let me know is there any problem in my report ?
They contain antiviral and antibacterial agents that keep you disease free. Adding the following cruciferous vegetables to your daily plate is like taking an anticancer pill: arugula, beet greens, bok choy, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, collards, horseradish, kale, kohlrabi, mustard greens, radishes, red cabbage, turnip greens, or watercress.
Searching for ssohm on internet will help
Hi, I need advise for my mother's health condition. She is 43 years old. As per the recent USG report: 1. Uterus is antiverted, bulky in size measures 160. 4 mm*78. 7 mm*55. 7 mm with inhomogeneous echopattern due to multiple fibroids with the largest fibroid sized 58. 5 mm *60.6 mm. She used to have terrible stomach pain during menstruation. She faces this pain even 3-4 days prior and after the menstruation period gets over. She is facing this problem from last couple of years. 2. She has only one kidney by birth. There is echogenic calculus measuring 8.5 mm seen in mid segment. 3. As per the Thyroid Stimulating Hormone test: value is 4.72. She is taking tablets for thyroid from past couple of years. Kindly suggest what needs to be done in order to cure her. Is their any operation required or this can be cured using medicines. Is there any other mode of treatment possible to cure the fibroids apart from operation. Is there any operation required for kidney calculus and which type of operation is preferred with low risk. I am awaiting a your valuable suggestion. Regards,
Here are 6 amazing black pepper benefits:
1. To prevent cancer: the piperine in black pepper can be credited with the prevention of cancer, and becomes twice as potent when combined with turmeric. The spice also has vitamin c, vitamin a, flavonoids, carotenes and other anti-oxidants that help remove harmful free radicals and protect the body from cancers and diseases. The best way to eat pepper to harness maximum benefits is to eat freshly ground pepper, and not cook it along with food.
2. Stimulates digestion: again, the piperine in black pepper eases digestion and stimulates the stomach, which then secretes more hydrochloric acid that helps to digest proteins in food. So a bit of pepper in food will actually help you to digest it faster.
3. Relieves cold and cough: black pepper is antibacterial in nature, and therefore helps to cure cold and cough. A teaspoon of honey with freshly crushed pepper does the trick. It also helps to alleviate chest congestion, often caused due to pollution, flu, or a viral infection. You can add it to hot water and eucalyptus oil and take steam. And given that black pepper is rich in vitamin c, it also works as a good antibiotic.
4. Enables weight loss: black pepper is brilliant when it comes to extracting nutrients from food. And it's outermost layer contains phytonutrients, which helps to break down fat cells, and also increases metabolism. If you eat fresh pepper, and begin to perspire, that's the pepper helping your body to get rid of excess water and toxins. But you need to control consumption - a pinch with your food (one meal) is enough.
5. Improves skin: it enables blood circulation, and provides the skin with more oxygen. Adding it to your food also takes care of unwarranted skin wrinkles. Black pepper is known to help in the cure of vitiligo, a condition where the skin loses pigmentation, and creates white patches.
6. Addresses depression: the piperine in black pepper helps to deal with depression. It stimulates the brain, and helps it to function properly by making it more active.
I had unprotected sex with my bf. But he didn't sperm inside. I have PCOS. Will there be any chance of pregnancy?
Regular medical checkups and tests can be very helpful in prevention of cancer and growth of malignant cells or tumours. With the increase in the rates of cervical cancer, gynaecological checkups are of utmost need. For effective cervical cancer prevention, Pap smear bears the maximum number of success rates.
Pap smear is a medical procedure that helps to detect cancer or signs of other cervical infections. The Pap smear test however cannot detect ovarian cell cancer or uterine cancer. It is known to detect changes only in the vaginal cells and cervical dysplasia. Cervical dysplasia refers to the growth of pre-cancerous cells.
How this test is conducted?
1. Pap smear is conducted when the woman is not menstruating.
2. An instrument called speculum is inserted into one’s vagina to be able to access the cervix more easily.
3. Pap smear involves the collection of sample cells from the outer cervix area.
4. Cervical brush is inserted into the speculum and the sample cells are collected.
5. Then, the samples are put on a glass slide for further evaluation.
6. The Pap smear procedure takes only a few minutes bu can prevent serious medical problems in the long run.
7. The Pap smear is not a painful procedure, though it may be slightly uncomfortable for a few minutes only.
Who can undergo Pap smear?
1. Women can undergo Pap smear procedures once they are of 21 years of age and are generally sexually active
2. Women can go for pap smears up to the age of 70
3. Pap smears should be conducted preferably every two or three years
4. Women aged 65 and above and who have had no abnormalities in the last three consecutive tests, may stop taking pap smears
5. Before undergoing the test, it is important to stop douching and using vaginal creams for at least 2 days.
6. If there has been a case of multiple and frequent change of sexual partners, then you must go for Pap smear frequently
7. Women with weak immune system and who bear the risk of HIV Aids
8. Women who are heavy smokers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Irritable bowel syndrome is a disorder of the large intestine. It may cause abdominal pain, bloating, diarrhea and constipation. The condition is not life threatening in nature and does not make you susceptible to colon disorders such as Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis and colon cancer, however, symptoms of IBS may act as deterrents in leading a normal life.
The symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome are:
- You may experience symptoms of constipation
- Frequent episodes of diarrhea
- Abdominal cramps especially on the lower part of the abdomen
- Constant bloating
- Abnormal stool structure
- You belly might stick out
In some cases, you may experience sexual problems and urinary problems. In addition, if you also suffer from stress related disorders then it might aggravate the symptoms.
The primary cause is that the colon becomes very sensitive such that small stimulation may cause it to react. When the food passes through the colon, it tends contract strongly and leads to complications, such as bloating and constipation. It may also lead to weak contractions of the colon which leads to hardened stool.
There are certain things which may symptoms of IBS, they are:
- Stress: Any type of stress tends to aggravate symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
- Foods: Certain foods such as chocolate, spices, cabbage, milk and carbonated beverages may trigger symptoms of IBS.
- Hormones: Hormonal changes such as the ones during menstrual cycles may aggravate symptoms of IBS.
- Illnesses: Various illnesses such as diarrhea or conditions such as overproduction of bacteria in the intestines may lead to symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
Women are more likely to be affected by symptoms of IBS as are people who are below 45 years of age. If someone in your family has irritable bowel syndrome, then you are also likely to develop this disorder. It may also aggravate symptoms of hemorrhoids, along with aggravating symptoms of stress. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
The study found couples struggling to conceive eat less fruit and vegetables than people who have just become parents.
Men who want to become fathers should eat their greens
Fruit and vegetables are good for male fertility because they contain compounds that could protect sperm from damage.
The minerals zinc, found in beans and pulses, and selenium, found in eggs, help keep testosterone levels high.
The antioxidants found in fruits help protect sperm from cellular damage and keep them strong and speedy - just what they need to race through the fallopian tubes and fertilize the egg.
Zinc deficiency can actually reduce testosterone levels; for men with low testosterone - zinc was shown to raise testosterone and increase fertility. Zinc deficiencies are some of the most common deficiencies found in both men and women. Sources of zinc are sesame seeds, raw pumpkin seeds, and green peas. Find vitamin a - which is important in preventing sluggish sperm - infertility foods such as leafy greens, carrots, red peppers, and apricots, to name a few. Get vitamin c - which is critical to sperms motility and viability - in papaya, Brussels sprouts, strawberries, oranges, kiwifruit, tomatoes, grapefruit, and broccoli, among other foods. And get vitamin e - which helps keep sperm vital - from vegetable oils. Fruits and veggies such as leafy greens, beans, and most fruits contain folic acid - a b vitamin with antioxidant properties that's crucial for keeping sperm free of chromosomal abnormalities. Pomegranate juice: another powerful player in antioxidant. Foods rich in l-carnitine are nuts, seeds, and many vegetables, including artichokes, asparagus, beet greens, broccoli, brussels sprouts, collard greens, garlic, mustard greens, okra, and parsley. This amino acid is a necessary nutrient for sperm cells to function normally.