Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Shantiraj Hospital Pvt.LtdYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I was suffering fromfor such a long time. I hadf this gastric bypass surgery. He is one of the best physicians in city. My problem was such that it required a number of sessions, and I must say after all the sessions, I am feeling much better now. The staff was very attentive to my needs. With great ease Sapan Jain explained us the problem and how the treatment will be carried out. Many people gave very positive feedback for this Sapan Jain. I feel so great after the completion of treatment.
I had to go through a Arterial Thrombosis Treatment and i chose dr Sapan jain for that. he listens to the problem patiently and keeps the track of the history of the problem. With his treatment I felt a lot of improvement from the first week itself. He can be seen at Shantiraj Hospital Pvt.Ltd in Udaipur.
Dr. Sapan Jain provides answers that are knowledgeable. I do talk to doctor.. but he only proceed with Blood test (2types) and Urine test...got tge result but don't know..what was the issue. .
thank you so much.it really helps me
Foot problems are common among all people. Some foot problems are minor while some are severe and require immediate medical attention or surgery for treatment.
Here are some common foot problems, which require surgery:
- Bunions: These are bony lumps, which develop on the side of a foot and also at the base of the big toe. Bunions occur due to a condition called hallux valgus. This causes the big toe joint to bend in the direction of the other toes, resulting in deformity. This condition requires surgical correction. The surgery required is known as osteotomy, and it involves the straightening of the big toe and metatarsals.
- Hammertoes: Hallux valgus may result in your other toes being clawed or bent permanently. This condition is called hammer toes.
The damage can be eased by:
- Arthroplasty: It involves the removal of a deformed joint between the toe bones, resulting in joint flexibility.
- Arthrodesis: This process fuses the phalange and makes the toe stable.
- Metatarsal surgery: In some cases, the forefoot joints may get damaged due to the inflammation of the joint lining or synovitis, which results in arthritis. These joints are called metatarsophalangeal joints and they can get dislocated due to arthritis damage. Pain and discomfort are felt. Surgery is required when the symptoms are very severe and other treatments fail. The nature of surgery depends on the severity. The most common surgery is done on the big toe to remove the heads of the metatarsophalangeal joints.
- Ankle arthritis: This condition occurs because of osteoarthritis. The cartilages, which cover the ends of the bones roughen and get thin, which further thicken the bone underneath. It also results because of other rheumatic conditions. Pain and swelling is caused with an occasional joint deformity. Surgery may be required when the symptoms are very severe. The three major surgical options for treating ankle arthritis are ankle fusion, triple fusion and ankle replacement.
- Achilles tendon disorders: The Achilles tendon accounts for being the largest body tendon and great force is put through it when moving the lower leg muscles. This wears down with old age and causes swellings within the tendon accompanied by pain. Sometimes, surgery is required for fixing this condition.
- Morton's neuroma: This is a painful condition in which a nerve that gives sensation or feelings to the nearby toes is affected. The nerves are affected in the third and fourth toes. In case the symptoms are severe, a surgery is required.
Foot problems are prevalent in many people and they may occur due to various conditions or reasons. In case of severe symptoms, some foot problems require surgery for treatment. The most appropriate surgical method should be undertaken.
My mother is diagnosed with 8.1 mm stone in rt kidney and thickened endometrial lining of 18 mm. Please suggest what to do?
Dear sir/ madam A small anal fissure or hemorrhoid like thing has been created at the mouth of my anus. It is like a small cherry made of blood .it is now small but I think it will grow larger. Why does it happen? Please suggest me home remedies or any other medicine.
Stitches or sutures act as a closure for either surface wounds or deep wounds. Procedure to close a deep wound comprises of sewing the two edges and applying stitches under the skin surface.
Catagories of sutures
- Non-absorbable stitches: Such stitches are applied in case of skin wounds or internal wounds. Such stitches get healed quickly and are easy to remove. Non-absorbable stitches are made of natural fibers or synthetic threads like nylon polypropylene. As the name suggests, these stitches are either permanent or persist for a long time.
- Absorbable stitches: Such stitches are applied on layers, which have the property of healing quickly. They are very firm during the initial days. Then they start getting dissolved in the body.
Precautions taken by medical team before applying stitches to prevent infection
- Careful checking of nose for occurrence of germs before the start of operation.
- Skin must be cleansed prior to surgery.
- Sanitizing hands prior conducting the surgery.
- Usage of germ free gloves and sterile clothes while applying sutures.
- Prescribing antibiotics to the patients who may fear high risk of infection.
Precautions to be taken by patient to prevent infection
- Take a bath prior to surgery.
- Avoid using razor at the surgical site. The same can be carried out by using clippers by the surgery team itself.
- Keep all your jewellery aside before the operation starts. Do not apply nail polish.
- It is advised to cover up the wound. Try to keep the adjacent areas germ free. This is a crucial step in avoiding infection.
- Visit your doctor at once on finding redness around the wound.
When to see the doctor
Pain up to a certain threshold is normal. In case pain gets unbearable, the scene can be alarming. It may be an indication of infection. Taking immediate remedial steps is necessary to avoid infection or any other side effects post the surgery. On meeting with any of the following signs, it is better to consult doctor at once.
- If the skin around the wound gets swollen.
- If you detect redness around the wound.
- If the pain becomes unbearable.
- If the wound starts developing pus.
- If your body temperature increases abnormally or if you have fever.
- If you observe red streaks around the wound.
- If in case a stitch gets opened up and the edges of the suture start widening. This is the most alarming sign. In case a suture gets opened, you must immediately seek a remedy.
Ask your doctor for the precautions you can take to avoid experiencing any of the above signs. If you come across such alarming symptoms, rush to the nearest hospital and get the appropriate treatment.