Weight Management Counseling
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Food Plan Preparation
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Child Nutrition Management
Healthy Heart Diet
Weight Management Treatment
Patient Review Highlights
Dt. Nitisha Sharma provides answers that are very helpful and well-reasoned. Share feedback in your own words...
I am lucky that i made correct and opted dietitian Dr. Nitisha sharma and follow the diet plan as prescribed in session by dr. Nitisha. It was my first experience with any dietitian. I lost 8 kg weight with in 3 months and control & maintain the multiple diseases thyroid, diabetes, chronic kidney diseases. It is unbelievable that I got superb results. Thank you so much for effective diet plans. I recommend Dr. Nitisha sharma
Thank you so much Dr. nitisha...now my father's diabetes is controlled even medications & insulin doses reduced with in 20 day ...so happy with your diet results.
It was simply awesome..feeling changes after consulting her I'm actually gaining weight
If you are looking to lose weight, it is of utmost importance to focus on your diet. Eating a balanced diet along with regular exercise is your key to losing weight. You need to focus on picking the right foods to lose weight.
Carbohydrates are classified into three types - simple carbohydrates, complex carbohydrates and fiber.
Simple carbohydrates consist of foods such as fruits and sugar. These foods should be consumed in limited amounts as they tend to spike your blood sugar levels. Excessive consumption of simple sugar ups your risk of diabetes and leads you to gain weight.
Complex carbohydrates are foods like whole grains, oats and millets that have a different digestive mechanism compared to simple carbohydrates. These foods are digested slowly and thus, the energy is released slowly into the bloodstream. This means that there is no blood sugar spike during the process of digestion. However, it is important that you should not consume these foods in excess. Overconsumption of these foods may lead to weight gain.
Fiber is a type of nutrient that is also known as roughage and it is present in vegetables and fruits. Fiber rich foods are cabbage, broccoli and carrots. Fiber helps in improving digestion as it adds bulk to your stool. The other important benefit of fiber is that it enhances your heart health by reducing bad cholesterol levels in the body. Fiber is helpful in weight loss as it improves satiety and promotes digestion.
Protein is another component that is emphasized on when you try losing weight. Good sources of protein are eggs, chicken, turkey and lentils. It helps in building muscle in the body, which in turn increases your metabolism rate, so that your overall calorie burn increases. It is recommended that you consume 1 g of protein per pound of body weight. Protein lets you hold on to your muscle mass which increases your lean muscle mass that burns fat.
I have a desk job and in the last 2 years, my weight has gone up from 75 KGS to 85 kgs. I want to lose weight. Please help.
I want to loose my weight. I also join gym but it didn't work for me. What should I go? I am 18 years old and of 80 kgs. Hight 5'7.
I am overweight for my age currently on 85 KGS. How can I reduce my weight? What should be my food plan to reduce obesity?
I need a diet chart for my weight loss programme. What to eat. Which exercise I have to do. What to drink. When sleep bla bla.
I have a disk job and in the last year my weight hi grow up .so I want to my weight loss so give me some health consult.
I am 68 year old diabetic. Can I follow high carb food suggested by you? If not then what should be my ideal breakfast items?
The obesity epidemic was unfairly blamed on the consumption of carbs. While processed junk foods, which are high in refined grains and sugar are extremely fattening and unhealthy, fiber rich foods that also contain carbs are very healthy and essential for your diet. If you consume high fiber carbs moderately, it helps you maintain a healthy weight because if you get anything lower than approximately 50% of calories from carbohydrates, you are unhealthy. Carbohydrates, which are rich in fiber can be easily digested by your body.
Mentioned below are 10 food items which are extremely rich in carbs and should be consumed during breakfast for optimum health.
- Apples: Despite the different colors, flavors and sizes, apples consist of 13 to 15% carbs, as well as many vitamins and minerals. It is also rich in healthy plant compounds, antioxidants and vitamin C. Apples are helpful in decreasing the risk of a few types of cancers, reducing heart diseases and improving blood sugar control.
- Sweet Potatoes: Sweet potatoes are extremely nourishing. It has the sufficient amount of carbohydrates present to maintain your health, as well as fiber, potassium, vitamin B5, vitamin A, manganese and vitamin C. It is also very low in cholesterol, saturated fats and sodium. Consume this antioxidant food item everyday for breakfast to sustain your health.
- Bananas: Bananas contain about 23% carbs. The unripe ones are high in starch, which turns into sugar as it ripens. Apart from carbs, bananas also contain a high amount of Vitamin B 6, potassium and vitamin C along with healthy plant compounds. They are also rich in pectin and resistant starch.
- Quinoa: Classified as pseudo cereal, it is an incredibly popular seed that is eaten like a grain. Apart from being a high carb food, it is not only extremely rich in fibers and proteins, but also plant compounds and minerals. One of its many health benefits is improved blood sugar control. Incorporate it in your diet to help you lose weight.
- Oats: Deemed as one of the healthiest whole grain foods, oats is an excellent source of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. It contains 66% carbohydrates and above 10% of it is fiber. Not only does it lower cholesterol levels and blood sugar levels, but is also extremely helpful in losing weight.
Obesity increases the chance of life threatening disorders or diseases exponentially. Diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular problems and orthopedic problems are common among obese people. Consuming proper food is very important in this regard as they help in maintaining an optimal weight level and support fat loss.
8 foods that can help in getting a flat stomach are:
- Almonds: Almonds are highly beneficial for your health as they are a good source of Vitamin E, folate, fiber, protein and healthy fats. They help in controlling food cravings and building muscles in the body. They also reduce chances of being affected by various cardiovascular diseases and even cancer.
- Eggs: Eggs are considered to be a super food as they are packed with nutrients. Egg protein has a high biological value, which indicates how well the protein is absorbed into your body. Eggs also keep your stomach full so that you can control hunger cravings.
- Salmon: Salmon contains essential proteins along with Omega-3 fatty acids that help in maintaining protein levels in muscles. It also reduces your risk of getting affected by diabetes and heart diseases.
- Yoghurt: Yoghurt is a pro-biotic that is beneficial for the digestive system. It contains a good balance of carbohydrates and protein that is beneficial for fat loss.
- Vegetables: Vegetables are good for the body as they assist in elimination of free radicals. They contain fiber, which helps in keeping you full and control hunger cravings. Folate, which is abundantly found in vegetables, minimizes the risk of stroke and colon cancer drastically.
- Lean meat: Lean meats like chicken and turkey assist in controlling obesity and heart diseases. They are a high source of protein, which help in building muscle and boosting the immune system.
- Peanut butter: Consuming peanut butter in small measures helps in building muscle, boosting testosterone levels in the body and burning fat. It is packed with healthy fats that assist in enhancing testosterone levels, which aid in burning fat. It also helps control hunger cravings.
- Whole grains: Whole grains contain complex carbohydrates, which do not allow the sugar level to fluctuate and provide a steady stream of energy to the body.
What Is The Perfect Time To Eat Your Healthy Meal
Choosing the best time to eat meals has many benefits. One of them is more energy. Skipping meals or eating meals on a random schedule can drain your body of energy.Eating five small meals a day is better than eating three big meals, because the smaller meals are easier to digest, and your blood sugar will stay more constant throughout the day. This will help prevent fatigue, heartburn and spikes in blood sugar levels. Eating smaller meal is also great for weight management and energy endurance. You should also drink six to eight cups of fresh filtered water to prevent dehydration.
Breakfast: best time to eat around 8:00 A.M.
Eat breakfast within 1-2 hours after waking: when taken literally, breakfast is exactly what it says it is -breaking fast.To optimise metabolism, we need to eat breakfast as early as possible and waiting until 9 or 10am is too late in the day.Breakfast is very important for replenishing your blood sugar levels after 6-8 hours of sleep. This will help keep your blood sugar level balanced, giving you more energy endurance.
Eat foods that are high in complex carbohydrates, such as oatmeal, nuts, whole grain cereal, brown rice, fruits and vegetables.
If you regularly find yourself skipping breakfast, keep a supply of hard boiled eggs, tins of baked beans or greek yoghurt on hand to grab as you leave the house.
If you love your coffee, enjoying it with breakfast is best for both your digestion and your metabolism.
Lunch: best time to eat around 12: 00 p. M. To 1: 00 p. M. (don't eat after 3 pm)
You should eat lunch within 3-4 hours after breakfast. However, remember that breakfast should be your biggest meal of the day, so you will want to make sure you are not indulging too much during the afternoon.Skipping lunch will drain your body of energy. Eating during lunch will supply your body with enough energy to propel you through the busiest time of the day. Lunch is next and this is the time things start to go pear-shaped nutritionally. Remember the rules of optimal metabolism and that it is better to consume the bulk of your calories during the first half of the day. This means that 2 or 3pm is too late to eat lunch. Instead aim to enjoy your lunch, sitting down but away from your desk by 1pm. Eat a meal balanced with protein, complex carbohydrates, healthy fats (unprocessed fat free of synthetic chemicals) and fiber. These essential nutrients are packed with energy, giving you enough energy for the next four to five hours.
Late afternoon snacks: best time to eat around 3:00 P.M. To 4:00 P.M.
Late afternoon snack should not be as big as a regular meal but big enough to satisfy your hunger. Fruit salad, smoothies, nuts, healthy meal replacement bars, fruit yogurt and vegetable soup are great examples for late afternoon snacks. One of the best places to purchase healthy meal replacement bars, nuts and snacks is this online store. Fruits and vegetables are full of essential vitamins and minerals, and are low in calories, making them great for weight loss. The bad thing about low calorie food is that it may not satisfy your hunger for long. However, this is a late afternoon snack so low calorie food is perfect for this situation.
Dinner: best time to eat around 6:00 P.M.-7:00 P.M.
Dinner should be eaten within 2-3 hours after late afternoon snacks. Eating dinner late is one of biggest dietary mistakes we make. A simple trick to help manage this is to keep your dinner lighter, the later you find yourself eating it.
Unless you are exercising for more than an hour each day, you are unlikely to need large volumes of energy dense rice and pastas at night, so keep it light with grills, vegetables and salads.
If you find yourself routinely eating after 8pm, you may be better to have a light dinner of soup or salad and enjoy your heavier, main meal at lunchtime.
Dinner food should be balanced with protein, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats. Brown rice, nuts and food high in essential fatty acids are great examples.For desserts, eat fruits and vegetables to replenish your body with essential vitamins, minerals and fiber.
Late night snack: perfect time to eat around 9:00 P.M. Or an hour before bed
Late night snacks should be low in calories and high in nutrients.
Fresh fruits and vegetables, and organic yogurt are good examples of late night snacks. For drinks, avoid coffee and energy drinks, instead drink a glass of fresh filtered water or organic juice.
Enjoy your meal with healthy food at the right time.