Doctors for Tympanoplasty
Tympanoplasty preserves your hearing by repairing the damaged eardrum, minimizing the risk of hearing loss. Book an appointment for this procedure.
0+ Best Doctors for Tympanoplasty
Best Doctors for Tympanoplasty
|Doctor's Name||Clinic Fees||Lybrate Ratings|
|Uday K Vora||₹ 2,500||NA|
Patient reviews for Doctors for Tympanoplasty
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of doctor is best for Tympanoplasty?
Tympanoplasty is typically performed by an otolaryngologist. Here are some points about this medical specialty:
- Otolaryngologists are the medical professionals that are qualified to carry out this surgery. They are sometimes referred to as ENT specialists, which stands for ear, nose, and throat specialists.
- Otolaryngologists are qualified to perform numerous surgical procedures, including tympanoplasty. They are specialists in treating diseases of the ears, nasal passages, sinuses, larynx (voice box), oral cavity, and upper pharynx (mouth and throat), in addition to structures of the neck and face.
How to find the best doctor for Tympanoplasty in India?
If you are looking for one of the best surgeons or physicians for Tympanoplasty in India, you can contact Lybrate. It is an online platform that connects patients with healthcare providers. You can search for doctors in your locality, read their reviews, check their credentials, and book an appointment with them.
What is the main reason for Tympanoplasty?
The main reason for this surgery is to improve or restore hearing ability, relieve pain and discomfort in the affected ear, and prevent further damage or infections.
Common reasons for Tympanoplasty include:
- Chronic middle ear infections,
- Trauma to the ear or eardrum,
- Benign or malignant tumors, and congenital defects.
- The surgery can also be performed to treat complications of previous ear surgery or to remove scar tissue in the ear canal.
Is Tympanoplasty serious?
Tympanoplasty is a serious procedure. It can improve hearing and reduce chronic ear infections. On the other hand, it involves risks such as bleeding, infection, and hearing loss. Patients may experience dizziness and pain post-surgery. Careful consideration and consultation with a specialist is necessary. Overall, the benefits of tympanoplasty can outweigh the risks for those suffering from chronic ear problems.
Is Tympanoplasty painful?
Yes, Tympanoplasty surgery can be painful, but the amount and duration of pain can vary depending on the individual's pain tolerance and the extent of the surgery. Pain medications may be given to manage the discomfort after the procedure.
Is Tympanoplasty safe?
Tympanoplasty is generally considered safe and effective for repairing perforations or other damage to the eardrum or middle ear. However, as with any surgical procedure, there are potential risks and complications, including infection, bleeding, hearing loss, and anesthesia-related complications
Is Tympanoplasty permanent?
The results of the surgery can be permanent, depending on the success of the procedure and the individual's healing process. The success rate of tympanoplasty varies and can be influenced by factors such as the severity of the perforation and the individual's overall health.
What is the cost of Tympanoplasty in India?
In India, the price of a tympanoplasty procedure varies based on the location and the facility. The surgery can cost anywhere between ₹30,000 to ₹1,50,000. The kind of operation and the doctor's charge affect the price as well. Nonetheless, compared to many other nations, it is typically seen to be more economical in India.