Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Tuticorin and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. S Sundar SinghYour feedback matters!
Sir / Madam. My name is Arbaz. V. Khan. And I am 19 years. Sir / madam. Today m gone water park n enjoy wid friends. Bt. My both EARS. gone water inside. N. Try all the techniq to remove water from my ears. Bt. Water can not came outside. N. I. Used ear drops also. 3 types of ear drop. Sir / Madam. please give me solution. And I am not listening properly. E. G. IF I WANT WATCHING T AM NOT ABLE TO WATCH LOW VOLUME.
I had cough problem from last 7-8 days and I had taken several medicines but did not get rid from cough. It looks like that it was sediment in my throat, so please prescribe me any write medicine.
I'm kinda mouth breather during trekking like stuff. Is it is fine being an adult? During normal berthing I am not mouth breather but during excess workout like trekking I have to breath through mouth. It's because of nose problem. The nose bone is not straight it is curved maybe this is called as sinus dono exactly. If this is not not normal for an adult then what will be best solution to recover from this condition?
I am 18 year old female and I having itching in my throat. Because of this I have cough since 2 weeks. Please tell me remedy.
Y I can't sleepThere Is ear problem how can it be curedAlways am getting angry how. Can I reduce it.
I was cleaning my ear at that time dirt got stuck on ear drum after that not able to hear properly also it's paining please suggest. To cure.
I am stuffed with sinus problem last three years and take advise to several doctors and take more type of medicine but no one work. Why can we do. Please help.
I am suffering from vertigo since 2 years. I got it checked by neurologist at Aurangabad. He treated but not cured. Pl. Help & treat.
Why i have vertigo feelings all the time. Mostly. When i am going somewhere. What is the problem and main reason of this vertigo?
My nostrils is blocked so can you please suggest me what can I do because I am suffering from 2 days.
I am suffering from cervical spondylosis from many years but from 2 days I have pain in neck, shoulder, sternum bone particularly left. Night heart palpitations more tingling poking heart. Sometimes I getup many times due to this anxiety and chest pain. My ECG, echo normal. Sorethroat also started with throat pain.
I am not well due to this extreme heat what shall I do to prevent from this summer sometimes bleeding starts from my nose.
I have started feeling weak. Climbing up to 3 floors makes me feel dizzy and my heartbeat gets increased. I feel like sleeping all the time. I almost sleep for 10 hours still do not feel fresh. I have exams in less than a week and have lots to study. What should I do to get quick results? I want strength and want that I feel fresh after sleeping for 7-8 hours a day and could concentrate on studies the whole day.
I am having a throat pain in my internal neck. Maybe due to cold. So what should I do to reduce my pain. Please help.
Dizziness is usually described as variety of sensations, which comprise of a feeling of faintness, unsteady, weak, light headed, giddy or woozy. When dizziness causes a false feeling of spinning and the moving surroundings is known as vertigo.
Dizziness can be one of the most common reasons for a visit to the doctor. However, constant feeling of dizziness can affect a person's life drastically, but it is rarely life threatening. The treatment of dizzy sensation and dizziness mostly depends on the symptoms.
Causes of Dizziness
The common causes of dizziness are medication, motion sickness and ear problems, especially disturbances of the inner ear. An injury, infection or poor blood circulation can also lead to dizziness. The triggers of dizziness and the sensations it provides are used to evaluate the cause. Also, the duration of the dizziness and the symptoms lead to a clue towards the cause of the same.
Dizziness Caused by the Inner Ear Problems
The balance of the body depends on the combined effort of many parts of the sensory system. These are:
- Sensory Nerves: These send messages to the brain in regard to the body positions and its movements
- Inner Ear: The inner ear has the organ of corti which are responsible for detecting the motions and thereby help in the balance of the body.
In vertigo a person might feel that the things around them are moving, thus creating a swaying or a spinning motion. Vertigo is usually caused by the problems of the inner ear.
The common causes are:
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV), this happens when the calcium particles accumulate in the inner ear canals. The inner ear is responsible for the body movements and balance.
- Meniere's disease, a problem of the inner ear mainly caused by the build up of the fluids, thereby leading to a change in pressure. This causes vertigo along with hearing loss and tinnitus.
- Vestibular neuritis is the problem of the inner ear and is largely due to infection. Infection leads to swelling of the nerves of the inner ear which affect the body movements.
Treatment of Vertigo Includes:
- Rehabilitation of the vestibular system by physical therapy in order to strengthen it.
- Canalith repositioning by suggesting some body and head movements basically for BPPV. These movements help to move the calcium deposits from the inner ear canals to one of the chambers, which are further absorbed by the body. When the canaliths (calcium deposits) move, it might give rise to vertigo.
- Medicines are given to relieve symptoms of motion sickness and nausea. Antibiotics can be taken in case of infection and swelling.
- Surgery in some cases.
Sir I'm 23 years male from last 2 years I'm suffering from cold in all seasons and mostly I get red bumps in throat and little white spots on tonsils and swelling tonsils when I take medicines in relief for some time and comes back again and again from last 2 years so should I get some surgery like removing tonsils or it can be removed by regular salt water gargle.
Honey, could you stop snoring please? This innocent statement heralds trouble ahead,usually made by a desperate individual who cannot take your snoring anymore. If you are having problems sleeping or if your partner is always complaining about your loud snoring it is most likely that you are suffering from sleep apnea.
There is no need to panic because advances in medicine have made treatment of this condition possible. Before you start seeking treatments, it is imperative to get some basics on this sleeping disorder. It will help you to make an informed choice while also reassuring you that your condition is treatable.
Demystifying Sleep Apnea
According to the American Sleep Apnea Association (ASAA), this medical condition causes involuntary cessation of breathing while a patient is sleeping. These breathing pauses can last for a few seconds to minutes and occur up to a hundred times in a night.
During these pauses, you will snore loudly and the disruption of natural sleep means you only enjoy light sleep throughout the night. Consequently, you will have problems concentrating during the day, which can be dangerous in some work situations.
It can be categorized into three categories. These are:
?Obstructive sleep apnea: This takes place when the soft tissue at the back of your throat relaxes thus blocking the airway. According to the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM), over 18 million people suffer from this category.
?Central sleep apnea: It manifests when the central nervous system does not function properly. The brain fails to signal breathing control muscles leading to choking. It does not involve loud breathing and ASAA reckons it forms a large percentage of the 50% undiagnosed apnea cases in the US.
?Complex sleep apnea: This is a complicated combination of the central sleep and obstructive sleep apnea.
To determine the type of condition afflicting you, a visit to the dentist is crucial.
Why You Need Timely Diagnosis
The fact that 80-90% of sleep disorders remain undiagnosed should be a major worry. They say that a stitch in time saves nine, which is why you need to seek treatments if you have some of these symptoms:
?Screaming morning headaches
?Hypersomnia characterized by excessive day time sleepiness
?Abrupt awakening due to cessation of breathing
In short, if you have problems enjoying your night's sleep then a visit to your dentist to seek sleep apnea treatments is advisable.Some of the problems that may arise if you ignore your incessant snoring include depression, sexual dysfunction, high irritability, memory problems, cardiovascular disease and a host of other dangerous health conditions.
A blocked nose is not only annoying, but extremely discomforting. Several reasons can be held responsible for it and common cold is certainly not the only one. Some other reasons include:
Therefore, the remedial measures for blocked nose vary, depending on the cause that led to it. Some of the ways by which you can redress this problem are:
- Use a humidifier: Sinusitis is often held responsible for a clogged nose, a condition that is almost always accompanied by severe pain. In such a situation, placing a humidifier in a room proves to be extremely beneficial. This machine treats blocked nose by converting the water to moisture. This fills up the room and significantly increases the humidity of the room. Therefore, when you breathe, the humid air soothes the inflamed blood vessels in the nose and helps you to breathe properly.
- Take a hot shower: When you find it difficult to breathe, a quick hot shower can go a long way in curing the discomfort. The logic that operates is the steam generated from the hot shower thins the mucus and also considerably reduces the inflammation in the nose, allowing you to breathe normally.
- Drink lots of water: Though the suggestion may seem incredible, drinking water actually helps in unblocking that blocked nose. When you drink a lot of water, the mucus in the nostrils is thinned, at the same time it pushes back the accumulated fluids, thereby curbing the condition of blocked nose.
- Using a saline spray: This is one of the most ancient and trusted ways of treating blocked nose. By administering a saline or a nasal spray, the moisture in your nostrils increases and radically diminishes the inflammation.
- Use warm compresses: Using a warm compress has been the most reliable form of medication in times of high temperature and also at times of blocked nose. The compress that was dipped in hot water, when placed on the nose and forehead helps to unblock the nasal passages. The soothing effect of the warm compresses reduces the inflammation and facilitates the process of breathing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.