Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Tumkur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rachana JtYour feedback matters!
Helo doctor I had unprotected sex with my partner on march 23rd. Aftr tat I took (postpone 72 pill )only one pill within 10 mints. March 23,24,25th cntinusely per day 2,3 times we had unprotected sex. Aftr 23rd tat I did not take any pill. I got my period already march 13th to 16th. Nw my doubt is any chance for pregnancy? please help me.
Hello, I am 28 year female, just done with pregnancy test and it is positive, now when I need to visit the doctor ?
Me and my wife had sex last month feb 27, 28 in her unsafe days intentionally expecting for baby. Last month she had her periods on 19feb and This month her date must be 20 march. She is regular in her periods. No delay in her happenings. Still she dint get her periods. Today is 29 march. Will she be pregnant. Please advise when to check for pregnancy test. We are eagerly waiting for a baby.
Fishes are depositories of the good nutrients that are essential for maintaining the optimal health of the human body. Broadly speaking, fishes have high protein and low-fat content, which helps to boost up the metabolism and immunity of the body. A fish meat in the diet is very often suggested by doctors for women during their pregnancy, even to the women who are vegetarians.
There are certain dishes which are low on mercurial content and high on minerals and beneficial acids, which are recommended to consume during pregnancy. These include fishes like Salmon, Anchovies, Herring, Sardines, Trout, Pollock, Catfish, Atlantic and Pacific Mackerel. As per the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) pregnant women can safely eat up to 12 ounces (340 grams) of seafood in a given week. Here are certain reasons which make fish consumption essential for a pregnant woman.
- The presence of omega-3 fatty acids - One of the main highlights of fish meat is Omega-3 fat or Omega-3 fatty acids. It is a form of unsaturated fatty acid that is commonly found in fish oils secreted by the meat of the fish. These acids, mainly help the baby to develop its brain and the eyesight faster and better. Additionally, it also helps in energy storage, oxygen transport, cell membrane function, and regulation of inflammation in the mother's body.
- Low Fat Substitute - It is a known fact that fishes are rich sources of protein and vitamins like Vitamin C and D. They are usually low on all forms of fat, saturated fat and fatty acids. This helps to avoid fat accumulation in the fetus as well as in the mother's body.
- Better development of the baby - It is a scientifically proven fact that, higher fish consumption by women during their pregnancy is associated with increased cognitive scores, and decreased the risk of autistic symptoms (a brain development disorder found in children).
Conclusively, fishes have always been a desirable food to consume during pregnancy by women. But, you should always be careful while fish consumption, due to pollutants like mercury and PCBs (Polychlorinated biphenyls, which is a form of a chemically reactive substance), which are harmful to the baby as well as the mother.
Last night me and my girlfriend had oral sex, I fingered her and she's just 16, in the morning she's feeling some pain on left side little bit above from vagina, is it a serious problem?
Almost all the metabolic processes in a person's body are influenced by the hormones produced by the thyroid gland. The most common types of thyroid diseases caused due to dysfunctional thyroid glands are Thyroid nodules, Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism, Goiter, Thyroiditis, and Thyroid Cancer.
Hypothyroidism is when the thyroid gland is underactive and the amount of hormones produced is insufficient. Hypothyroidism can be caused due to multiple reasons such as iodine deficiency, radiation or surgery on the thyroid gland, and drugs such as lithium and phenylbutazone. You should note that treating thyroid is not a speedy process and a reoccurrence of symptoms might also take place. However with the appropriate remedies and proper diet control, one can make sure that these symptoms are less pronounced.
Ayurveda: According to Ayurveda, imbalance or disequilibrium in the doshas is the main cause of hypothyroidism. The Kapha dosha i.e. the dosha responsible for body fluids and lubrication and Pitta dosha i.e. the dosha responsible for fire and water body humors, are vitiated. Lifestyle and diet discrepancies further promote imbalances in the doshas. Hypothyroidism is categorized under the Yapya diseases which recur once you cease to take the treatment.
- It is essential to consume adequate quantities of milk.
- Apart from that, coconut oil is one of the best remedies for a hypothyroid patient, since it increases slow and sluggish metabolism. Coconut contains MCFAs i.e. medium chain fatty acids and MTCs i.e. Medium chain triglycerides in abundance which help the metabolism be revved up.
- Ayurvedic herbs useful for treating hypothyroidism are kanchnar, Bauhinia variegata i.e. purple mountain ebony, Jatamansi, brahmi, guggulu, shilajit, gokshura, and punarnava.
- Consume a mixture of Indian gooseberry i.e. amla churna with honey, daily before breakfast.
- One of the main causes of Hypothyroidism is insufficient amount of iodine. Drinking the juice acquired from jalakumbhi i.e. Pistia Stratiotes everyday in doses amounting from 11gm to 22gm increases the iodine content and helps treat hypothyroidism.
Hello doctor, mai five months ke pregnant hu aur eske pehle mera Ek misscarrige ho chuka hai mere doctor ne mera BOH panel test karwaya misscarrige hone ke baad jismai mera Ptt test 43.8 ,DRVV confirmatory test 37.30, Rubella igg 114.02,Cytomegalovirus igg > 20, Herpes simplex virus -1 igg 5.65 aur Antinuclear antibodies positive hai. Mere doctor mujhe dubara conceive karne ke baad se three months regular lonopin 40g de rhi hai aur ab ye injection mujhe week mai 3 din delivery hone tak lene bola gya hai. Doctor according to my report mere baby ko koi problem to nhi hoge na usmai koi birth defects to nhi hoga na. Kya mere doctor mera sahi treatment kar rhe hai please doctor mujhe as soon as possible bataeye.
Sudden white discharge and missed periods I had my last periods on 29 august I did both home pregnancy test and blood test both showed negative .Beta hcg count was less than two. And in august I got chums twice i.e on 11 august and 29august. I had taken ipill in august. What should I do? Why m I not getting my chums?
I had an unprotected sex this Tuesday i. E 5th April, thou he didn't ejaculate in me, I took contraceptive pill with in an hour, my date is 16 April. Are there any chances of getting pregnant plus I have stomach pain. I took a pregnancy test yesterday it was negative.
I am 12 weeks pregnant I did my ultrasound doc told my to do cervix stretch my cervix is 3.5 cm shall I do now or after I month shall I do this (5 years no baby now only I am pregnant)
For those who are under the age of 35 and healthy, an annual checkup is not necessary, one every 2 to 3 years is fine. Even between 35-45 years if you continue to live a healthy lifestyle and face no medical problems, an annual medical checkup is not essential. But, for those who are above the age of 45, an annual checkup is recommended. The regular checkup will detect any medical issue, which can then be treated effectively. And as you know, early detection can help overcome even deadly diseases like cancer.
What should a checkup involve?
- Essentially a full body checkup starts with obtaining patient and family history to check for any genetic problems. Details on lifestyle habits and exercise routine are also recorded.
- It is followed by a thorough physical examination, which includes measuring blood pressure, checking eye and thyroid, reflex examination, chest examination etc.
- Sometimes depending on factors like the age and patient history a rectal examination may be done. For women, sometimes pap smear (test for cervical cancer) is also recommended.
- A blood test is generally also done. In case, the patient suffers from other problems related tests like Cholesterol, liver function tests, LDLs, HDLs etc. are done.
- The BMI (Body Mass Index) of the patient is taken to measure the weight. Nowadays a waist-hip ratio is generally taken as it offers a more accurate measure.
- After the examination and tests are complete, it is essential that you have a clear conversation with your doctor, and understand how your body is working currently. In case there is a medical problem, make sure that your doctor gives you details about its treatment and cure.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions in case you aren't clear about something. The doctor is there to help you lead a healthy and balanced life.
- It helps, if you conduct a self-examination of your body at regular intervals. Once a month, conduct a skin examination from head to toe for any abnormal spots, rashes or moles. Consult your doctor on the best way to go about it if necessary.
If you would like to schedule home sample pickup for book full body checkup, click here now.
One of the things that Shannen Doherty and Rita Wilson, the wife of Tom Hanks, have in common, apart from their fame is that both were affected by breast cancer. No matter how normal a person may seem, breast cancer can strike anyone. In fact, it usually strikes one in eight women. So, it makes good sense to know what it can appear as!
Breast cancer makes up a rather big amount of the general cancer cases as 15% of the cancer cases which are reported on a yearly basis are usually breast cancer cases. That being said, there are quite a few things which can be done in order to reduce a person’s risk to breast cancer.
Prevention is Prudent-
Get Fit: The first thing which should be done is that a reasonable level of fitness should be maintained. Many studies have found that if a person is significantly heavier than her recommended weight, she is at a far great risk to develop all sorts of cancer and breast cancer, in particular, than a person who is able to keep her weight in check. The difference in cancer risk rates is about 40%. This is because a greater amount of fat leads to more estrogen being produced, which increases the risk of breast cancer.
Quit Smoking: While most people associate smoking as something which increases the risk of cancer to the lungs and are not aware that it increases the risk of breast cancer, too. So, the best solution is to kick the habit!
Get Off the Pill: Once a woman crosses past her mid-thirties, she should try to avoid relying on birth control pills to reduce the risk of pregnancy. This is because these pills have an effect which increases the risk of breast cancer, which heightens as a woman gets older. As long as the woman cuts out the use of the pill, the risk quickly gets cut, as well.
Get Regular Check Ups: While screening for breast cancer by making use of mammograms does not cut the risk of it, the screening helps detect breast cancer early if it does exist. As a result, a woman has a much better chance of fighting breast cancer. So, a woman who is past the age of forty should try to have a mammogram on an annual basis with the frequency of the same increasing as she gets older. However, it is to be kept in mind that going for a mammogram too often is also not a good idea as the tests themselves pose risks of DNA changes.
Women all around the world are susceptible to breast cancer. While there isn’t a 100% chance of avoiding it, taking care of yourself and leading a fit and active lifestyle can significantly cut down your risk of contracting this condition. Remember, your health is in your hands, so the earlier you start, the better! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Me and my girlfriend got intimated I inserted my penis a bit inside her vagina I am not sure if my sperms released in her vagina we dint had complete sex I just kept my penis near her vagina can this create a problem or there are any chance of pregnancy please help.
Masturbation, which has always been a taboo subject, is slowly gaining attention as an issue that can be discussed openly.
In fact, there are several myths associated with masturbation which have been long held. Let's debunk these myths first. The following ideas about masturbation are not only untrue, they are also misleading.
Myth #1: It causes weaknesses
Myth #2: It causes loss of energy
Myth #3: It leads to Impotence
Myth #4: It may induce problem in future sex life or causes guilt
Myth #5: It can cause Nightfall
So what is the truth?
People are beginning to understand that masturbation is not simply a superficial form of pleasuring the self, but an activity that can provide some benefits in terms of health and fitness as well.
Not only that, masturbation also helps men and especially women, learn more about their own sexual behavior, preferences, and desires. It helps them become more comfortable with their body and in tune with their own inner minds.
Here is how masturbation can lead to well-being
1. Masturbation as a process of stress relief: Pleasing oneself after a hectic and taxing day at work can reduce a lot of stress. The activity releases endorphins into the blood which helps to improve one's overall mood and helps the individual to relax. In the 21st century, this is indeed a great advantage where people are constantly under pressure from various areas of life.
2. Masturbation to strengthen the body: In case of women, masturbation makes the muscles of the pelvic floor stronger. Along with this, it decreases the likelihood of developing yeast infections in the vagina or surrounding areas. This improves bladder control and also improves sexual experiences. For men, masturbation helps to develop better resistance to prostate gland infections. It also helps to improve the health of the prostate. It also gives a boost to the immune system.
3. Masturbation also helps with PreMenstrual Syndrome: Most women go through a wide variety of PMS symptoms such as intense stomach cramping, mood fluctuation, anxiety, tension, and pain in the legs and the back. Masturbation has been found to ease these problems to a great extent.
4. Masturbation demystifies the concepts of sex and sexuality: In Indian society, discussing sex and sexuality is seen as taboo. Discussing these issues openly is regarded as immoral. This causes many people, especially young people, to have unclear ideas about their own bodies and bodily desires. This causes a lot of stress and anxiety in their minds. Masturbation helps them to come to terms with these issues by exploring their own bodies in a new way. This helps to promote well being by dismantling primitive ideas about sex and sexuality.
Related Tip: 8 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Masturbation
Immunity –Bal(बल) and Ayurveda
In different stages of the life it is important that we maintain a healthy one, the specific system has been developed in form of सहजबल, कालबल, और युक्तिकृतबल with the help of which you get Strength (बल-Bal) throughout the life. System of this procedure of medicines is known as संस्कार.
What is Sanskar(संस्कार)?
“संस्कारो हि गुणान्तराधानं”
संस्कार is the procedure of Adulteration of quality of life or enhancing the good things.
Shuvarnprashan - A powerful Child Immunization Procedure
सुवर्णप्राशनं ह्येतनमेधाग्निबलवर्धनम् | आयुष्यम मङ्गलं पुण्यं वृष्यम वर्णयं ग्रहापहम ||
मसात परममेधावी व्याधिर्भिन च धृष्यते | षड़भिर्मासै: श्रुतधर: सुवर्णप्राशनाद्भवेत || का.सं.सू.
If you are looking for an effective Ayurvedic way, which helps in boosting your child’s immunity and health, you should opt for सुवर्णप्राशन. Shuvarnprashan, used over thousands of years, is completely natural as it is prepared from Gold (सूवर्ण), Medicated Gow Ghrita (औषधीय घृत) and Honey (मधु), which goes through proper processing according to completely safe classic Ayurvedic Method. It’s a licking foam preparation (लेह/लिढ प्रकार औषधी). It is ideal method for building the overall health and intelligence of your child.
The specific benefits ascribed to Shuvarnprashan are as follows
- Medha Agni Bala Vardhanam (improvement of intellect, digestion, metabolism, immunity, and physical strength)
- Ayushyam (promoting lifespan)
- Mangalam (auspicious)
- Punyam (righteous)
- Vrushyam (aphrodisiac)
- Varnyam (enhancement of color and complexion)
- Grahapaham (protection from evil spirits and microorganisms)
How Shuvarnprashan works?
The three components of Shuvarnprashan work together towards enhancing the immunity and as each of them individually works on the betterment of immunity.
- It is an immuno-modulator (i.e. it reconstructs the immune system)
- Provides bal to the body
- Enhances life potency
- Enriches the texture of the skin
- Pharmacological studies showed specific and nonspecific immune responses, which were modified in a positive manner in Swarna Bhasma treated. It also had a stimulatory effect on peritoneal macrophages, which may be helpful to fight against infections.
- Note: It is evidently mentioned in the texts of Ayurveda that any form of gold should be used internally only after proper purification failing to do, which may result in complications that may be even life-threatening.The type of gold to be used, mode of administration of different forms, theirs benefits and therapeutic indications are also clearly explained
- Cow Ghrit or Ghee
- Research indicates that phenolic antioxidants present in the ghee help in boosting the immune system
- It is rich in vitamin A & E, which help fight free radicals and promote good health
- CLA ( conjugated linolenic acid) in ghee lowers the level of bad cholesterol (low-density lipoprotein) and triglycerides in the body.
- Ghee also improves our vision by helping our bodies properly digest fat-soluble vitamins such as Vitamin A.
- It detoxifies the body by dissolving the toxins, which are then excreted out of the body through intestine.
- Butyric acid, is the most important element in ghee, which has also been linked to the stimulation of T-cell production, which are the heavy hitting cells of the immune system.
- The use of cow ghee can help supercharge your immune system.
- Dose shaman of Vata(वात) and Pitta(पित्त) Vikar (It balances the Vata and Pita dosha)
- Rasa, Shukra and Oja Vardhank ( Appharodiatic in nature and Improve Immunity)
- Sanskarasya Anuvartanam (Gives a boost to the potency of the medication)
- Twachya (Enhances the complexion of the skin)
- Dhee, Dhruti, Smruti, Medha vardhak ( Enhances the intellectual power of the brain)
- Agni Vardhak(Amplifies the digestive fire)
- Honey contains a protein made by bees called defensin-1, which is the most active germ killing ingredient in honey.
- It makes the penetration of other medicines easy.
- Easily palatable for children
- Contains high level of nutrients and glucose
- Chakshusya(चक्षुष्य) (Improves eyesight)
- Vishahara(वृष्य) (Aphrodisiac in nature)
- Rakta, Pittahara (रक्त & पित्तहर) ( Takes care of blood and pitta imbalance)
In a pharmaco-clinical study conducted on neonates Madhu-Ghrita-Swarna-Vacha Combination shows a significant effect on humoral antibody formation and it acted on immunological system, which was evident by triggering the response of immunological system by a rise in the total proteins and serum IgG levels.
- The problems like bed wetting and indigestion are decreased
- Reduced recurrency of frequent cough and cold. Reduced hospital visits
- Hyperactive children become calm and it enhances concentration
- Childrens are taking interest in study and sports
- Shuvarnprashan increases immunity power in disorders like epileptic convulsion, allergy, Hepatitis-B
- Improves speech
Things to note
- Shuvarnprashan can be given to your child from childbirth till the age of 12 years.
- Ideally, it should be given early in the morning on an empty stomach. Feed your child 30 minutes after giving Shuvarnprashan.
- The specific benefits of Swarnaprashana according to the duration of administration have been mentioned such as:
- If administered for 1 month, the baby will become Parama Medhavi (highly intelligent) and Vyadhibhir Na Cha Drusyate (will not be affected by any disease)
- If administered for 6 months, the baby will become Srutadhara (will be able to remember the things, which are just heard).
- You can follow a dosage for a period of 30 days. You may extend this till 180 days. Afterwards follow up on every pushyanaxatra(पुष्यनक्षत्र).
- Your child should face the east side when taking this medicine. Shuvarnprashan is also known by other names such as Swarna amruta prashana, Swarna bindu prashana, Suvarna prashan, Swarna prashana and Swarnaprashan.
However, in conditions such as acute fever, swarnprashan can increase your body temperature. It is contraindicative in condition such as diarrhea, vomiting. Hence, it is important to consult an experienced and well-known Ayurveda practitioner before starting this Ayurveda process
Am 25 years old. Recently married. Now my problem is PCOS. Pcos present both overy. Irregular period, weight gain, Acne problem. How to loss my weight? Which food is perfect for me? What should I do?
Recent scan of mine Shows A small heterogeneously hypoechoic SOL measuring 19×14 mm is noted subserosaly along the posterior wall of uterus. How long time it will take to increase fibroid size. What are the complication? And we are planning for a baby Please suggest the cure for it and can it Effect my pregnancy? Is there any difficulty in conceiving?? & medication prescribed by doctor is appropriate??
My friend's periods got delayed and during that she had unprotected sex. The periods were delayed for another 1 week and she took 2 pregnancy tests. She took Mifepristone - this is called the abortion pill or RU-486. Misoprostol and 3 other medicines. She puked once after the third pill among the five. Now the pregnancy test shows negative and still she has not got her periods.
Spinal Stenosis is basically the narrowing of the spaces in the spine that further causes pressure on the spinal cord as well as nerves. It has been observed that nearly 75% of cases, mainly occur in the low back that requires lumbar spine treatment. The type of spinal stenosis treatments received for this problem may vary, as it totally depends on the location of the stenosis and the severity of your signs as well as symptoms.
Here are some treatments offered by a spine specialist:
Sometimes, medications are prescribed by spine physicians to control the pain associated with spinal stenosis. Some of the common medicines prescribed are mentioned below.
• NSAIDs (Onsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs that help to ease the pain and reduce the inflammation. These mainly include ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others) and naproxen (Aleve), that are easily available without prescription.
• Muscle relaxants help to calm the muscle spasms that occasionally occur and these medicines includes cyclobenzaprine (Amrix, Fexmid).
• Antidepressants like amitriptyline are recommended to be given as tricyclic nightly doses to ease chronic the pain.
• Anti-seizure drugs are commonly used to reduce pain caused by damaged nerves and these medicines include names like gabapentin (Neurontin, Gralise, Horizant) and pregabalin (Lyrica).
People suffering from stenosis tend to become less active to reduce the pain caused by physical activities. This further leads to weakness in the muscles that is even more painful. Therefore a physiotherapist teaches some exercises to build up the strength, maintain stability as well as flexibility in the spine and improvement in maintaining balance.
3. Steroid injections
Because of this ailment nerve roots become a little irritated the spots that are pinched gets swollen. Thus injecting corticosteroid around that constriction that reduces the inflammation and gives relief to the pressure. Theses injections sometimes don't work for everyone and if they are repetitive, they can cause weakness in the nearby bones as well as the connective tissue. Therefore, only a few injections per year are suggested.
Surgery is considered, only if the other treatments don't work or a patient is disabled by its symptoms. The main aim of a surgery is to relieve the pressure on the spinal cord or nerve roots which is done by creating more space within the spinal canal. The main examples of surgeries suggested includes Laminectomy, Laminotomy and Laminoplasty.
In most cases, these space-creating operations help in the reduction of the symptoms of spinal stenosis. But sometimes the symptoms do not fully disappear or even get worse after surgery. Surgery even includes some risks like infections, blood clot in a leg vein, neurological deterioration or even a tear in the membrane that covers the spinal cord.