Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Tumkur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahesh
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. MaheshYour feedback matters!
I am 40 yrs old and my problem is that when I running, jumping for volley ball my both knee are ache to sit and standing, what should I do?
Hi sir. I underwent arthoscopy for my left knee for lateral minicus tear on 29th sep 13. since then I have problem while prolong sitting in office. Bike ride etc. it's always painful and I feel more or less pain 24/7. Now I am having two medicines tendocare And Elkar 0.5 g Past 3 months. However the flexibility n volume of pain had reduced past one month BT it's never cured. I wonder if I can be normal as I was before surgery or injury. I got injury on 25 July 11 while playing football. Thanks
Since 2 months my thumb and other body starts are paining a lot. I am unable to bend my thumb even. Visited doctor and he said my veins are getting weak. Please suggest and help out regarding precautions and medication?
I'm 30 years male and undergone varicose veins surgery in right leg in 2009. I'm feeling similar pain again from past week or so, specially at the ankle, below knee (back side) and mid thigh of same leg. Although varicose veins are not visible this time but pain is gradually increasing. Is this pain related to varicose veins? I'M worried as I am only 30 and already had 1 surgery. I'm now wearing compression stockings but not helping significantly. Please advise what is my problem and anything to worry? What medicine, exercise can help me to control my problem
Sciatica is a neurological condition that mainly arises due to problems in the sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve is believed to be the largest nerve originating from the spinal nerves L4 to S3. It extends downward from the lower spine into the back of each leg (thighs) right down to the foot. The sciatic nerve acts as a connecting link between the spinal cord and the foot and the leg muscles. People with sciatica often experience a tingling sensation along with a shooting pain radiates downwards from the lower back (mostly the lumbar region) to the back of one of the legs. Some may also experience the sciatic pain down both the legs (rare).
Types of Sciatic Pain:
Sciatica that affects a person can be of two types depending on the severity of the associated symptoms
- Acute sciatic pain: In this case, a person experiences a sudden radiating pain which often heals by itself within a week or two. More than often, the pain is triggered by an injury to the spinal joints, nerves, or the disc.
- Chronic sciatic pain: This is a more serious condition where the pain may linger for long, often more than three months. The chronic sciatic pain may affect a person with severe Arthritis and nerve injury and damage.
Symptoms associated with Sciatica:
- One of the characteristic symptoms of Sciatica is a shooting pain that radiates from the lower back (often the lumbar) to the back of one (or both) of the legs.
- In some, the sciatic pain may result in weakness and a tingling sensation down the affected leg.
- A person with sciatica may find it difficult to move his/her foot and legs (restricts their movement).
- Some people may experience a shooting pain even while they are in a sitting position. In some others, the pain may be at its worst when a person is in a standing position.
- Sciatica can also trigger a hip pain.
What triggers sciatica and the associated symptoms?
- The disc is a protective shield that prevents any damage or injury to the vertebrae. A degenerative disc problem can interfere with the normal functioning of the disc triggering sciatica.
- Spondylolisthesis: In Spondylolisthesis, also known as a Slip Disc, a bone (mostly in the lumbar region) slips over the bone which is located just below it. People with prolonged and untreated spondylolisthesis are often known to suffer from sciatica.
- The sciatic pain can also affect a woman during her pregnancy.
- Lumbar spinal stenosis: This condition is is characterized by the spinal canal narrowing down in the lumbar region. Lumbar spinal stenosis exerts pressure on the sciatic nerve, giving rise to sciatica.
- A muscular strain or spasm in the buttocks can also be a contributing factor.
Proper management and prevention for sciatica are possible. One should be alert and consult a doctor in case they experience the associated symptoms or any discomfort. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello sir I'm 20 years old male, I have back pain I try many ointments but they not give relief in pain. So what should I do for relief.
I had acl reconstruction in jan 2014. Had my physio sessions and full movement within a couple of months. Played football and tennis in 2015. Had sever pain last week and couldn't lift my leg at all within 8 hours. No stressful activity and was following daily work routing which involves 8 hour desk job. Pain subsided in 2 days with painkillers only to come back 3 days later. Nothing abnormal in mri, ct scan, xray or blood reports. No clue why the pain started any how last it will last and how often. Had viral 2 days before the pain started in the knee but have no strong correlation between the viral and knee pain except the timing. Please advise. Would be glad to share the reports if needed.
My mom is 49 years old. She has now pain in neck and right hand. I consult with ortho doctor they said it will come due to her age and work nature. Kindly suggest.
She is suffering from carbuncles in buttock and it is difficult to sit or sleep and always causing pain/irritation. She is a school teacher and could not do her work due to continuous pain and irritation. Please suggest a treatment.
I am a 21 year old boy, I have been back pain problem since last two months, I have try many medicines, still I am not getting relief.
I am 19 year old boy. I have back pain since 3 months. I am searching for a good solution. What I do now.
I go for jog daily, from last 4 day, I am suffering from pain in knee. I got my knee hurt while sprinting in morning. I can walk easily but when it comes to stairs it starts paining. I have not taken any medicine up till now. What are your suggetions.
Dear sir There is a pain in my shoulder. please give me a solution for it. I am very sad. Please help me.
Hi I am 29 years old and I am suffering from chest pain and back pain exactly behind heart. What can I do?
I am 28 Years old have backache for last two months. What should I do? Please suggest. I am from haryana.
Sir, From the some day, my legs are so paining and I am not moving my leg from the pain. What should I do?
• Eat calcium-rich foods
• Consider a calcium supplement
• Get enough vitamin D
• Exercise regularly
• Avoid smoking and excessive drinking of alcohol