Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Trivandrum. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Swetha
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Treatment of Birth Defects
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Dihydrofolate Reductase Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. SwethaYour feedback matters!
Could you please breifly explain that what type of vactinations/ injections should we give for newely born baby. If any drops are there to cure jaundice.
Attention Deficit Disorder or ADD is a behavioral disorder that comprises impulsive behavior, inattentiveness and hyperactivity. This disorder tends to affect children more commonly, but the symptoms tend to disappear as one ages.
There are a number of symptoms for this disorder:
- Concentration problems: People affected by this disorder have problems in staying focused on routine tasks. You may have problems in listening to conversations, get distracted easily, overlook various important things and have trouble remembering various things.
- Being disorganized and forgetting things: You may exhibit symptoms such as having an extremely cluttered desk. You may also experience difficulties in completing projects and forgetting appointments. You may also lose track of time while doing important things.
- Emotional problems: Various emotional problems such as mood swings, hypersensitivity to criticism, problems in staying motivated and having low self-esteem are common signs of ADD. The disorder may also lead you to be extremely short tempered and be constantly frustrated.
- Hyperactivity: This symptom causes you to remain constantly agitated, unable to focus due to a racing mind, fidgeting constantly and talking excessively.
- Impulsivity: You will exhibit impulsive behavior such as not being able to exercise self-control, blurting out inappropriate comments and have certain addictive tendencies.
Attention Deficit Disorder can cause various problems in your life. Most of these are related to the following domains:
- Work related problems: You may constantly feel a sense of underachievement and will unable to meet your work responsibilities. You may be unable to meet deadlines, and face problems in filing paperwork.
- Relationship problems: This disorder takes a toll on your relationships such as it can create a rift between you and your family. They may feel that you are not sensitive to their concerns.
- Mental health problems: You may face various mental health problems such as drug abuse, anxiety, self-esteem issues and chronic stress.
Remedies for this disorder are:
- Get proper sleep: You should always aim to sleep for at least 6 hours every day. If you are well rested, then you will be more energetic and stress free.
- Regular exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis to keep yourself fit and healthy. It can also help you avoid problems such as obesity.
- Improve your relationships: You should schedule time for your loved ones and engage with them. It may contribute to your overall mental well-being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
My daughter is 4 years old and weighs only 15 kgs. She does not have any ailments and is very active. But her weight seems below normal and she looks skinny. She eats normally although with a few tantrums and loves regular fruits and vegetables. Is there any way by which her weight can improve?
Hello Lybrate Users,
I am posting on this topic as many of users have been asking on the same issue.
1. It has nice taste.
2. Freshness lasts longer.
3. Has good antibacterial property of neem and turmeric.
4. Its soothing action on the cavities and gums.
5. Minimum side effects.
1. It cannot be an alternative to dental treatment as it cannot reverse progression of disease of gums or cavities.
2. As it soothens (obtundant) effect of clove oil on regular basis misguides the pain response which would end up in the end stages of the disease finally results increased cost of dental treatment in late stages of the disease or the tooth should be removed if caries or periodontal progression goes beyond to save the tooth.
3. The turmeric might cause tooth discolouration in long run.
As far as to my knowledge is concern use it just if you want to give a try but I will never recommend on a daily basis.
I have delivered preterm baby and he is not breast feeding I am feeding him similac 1 baby is 20 days now his weight is low what should I feed him should I change baby powder n as he is not breast feeding I want to stop my milk any medicine please advice as I need to get to work after 15 days.
Problem may be in assimilation.
Homoeopatic treatment is one of best solution for that.
Meri beti hai 5 year ki use night me potty ke raste me pain hota hai maine use gastroentrology doctor ko bhi dikhaya lekin unhone kaha koi bhi problem nahi hai lekin use daily pain hota hai please mujhe koi medicine bataye jisse uska dard kam ho jaye ya fir usko neend aa jaye thankyou.
ADHD refers to attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, which is a brain-related condition found among preschoolers, children, teenagers and in many cases extends well into adulthood. These individuals have significant impairment in academics as well as social situations and interpersonal relations. The child has difficulty sustaining attention, phases of hyper activeness and cannot control his/her impulses which make their day to day life at school and home difficult.
The symptoms of this disorder among children can be categorized under three headings.
- Hyperactivity which includes
- Inability to stay at one place runs around and tries to climb things
- Trouble playing quietly
- Excessive talking
- Inattention, which can be divided into symptoms like
- Getting easily distracted
- Tendency to loose things
- Facing problems related to organizing things
- Not listening carefully
- Forgetting about daily activities, carelessness
- Interrupts others as they speak and talks out of turn
- Answers questions without listening to what has been asked
- Not being able to wait for their turn to come
10-12% of school children before puberty are affected by one or more types of ADHD. ADHD especially hyperactivity is more prevalent in boys than in girls, with the ratio up to 9:1. Inattention and poor concentration are more commonly seen amongst girls. The rate of ADHD in parents and sibling of children with ADHD is 5-10 times higher than in the general population.
The probable causes of ADHD among children are,
- Neurodevelopmental changes - Poorly developed activity of the brain particularly in the areas that control attention and concentration cause ADHD. This causes an imbalance in the neurotransmitters or the chemicals important for brain functioning and development.
- Genetic Factors - genetic studies show that ADHD is largely hereditary in nature with a heritability of 75% approximately.