Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Trivandrum. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Shadammaba MathewYour feedback matters!
Sir mere dost ne sex kiya tha bina kisi nirodh ke par wo bta rha tha ki uska safed pani ladki m ni gya tha to kya ye ho sakta h ki ladki pregnant ho jayegi sir jawab de detail ke sath please bataye solution.
Hello, I am Dr. B. B. Khatri. I am an ENT consultant. I am going to tell you about blocked stuffy nose.
Stuffy nose or blocked nose is a very common problem and usually it is caused by swelling and congestion of the tissues in the nose due to inflamed blood vessels. Sometimes it is accompanied by nasal discharge and other symptoms. The common causes of blocked nose are Deviated Nasal Septum, Allergic Rhinitis, Common Cold, Flu and Nasal Polyps. There can be enlargement of Adenoid Tissue which is situated behind the nose and sometimes traumatic swelling. It is also common during pregnancy and other factors like humidification, temperature change etc. To diagnose the disease or cause of the stuffy blocked nose we have to examine the nose and see if there are any polyps congested turbinate selling of tissues, discharge and throat and other examinations. Then we may have to do certain investigations like CT scan, X-Ray, PNS and Allergic tests.
The common household remedies are usually Steam Inhalation, Well Hydration. The hydration makes the mucous clear and liquefied. Also elevation of the head may be a cure. Some saline sprays are also helpful for the home remedies. Doctor usually treats it with anti-allergic tablets and nasal spray which also have anti allergic action. The nasal sprays are acting locally. Depending upon the cause, there are polyps and adenoids to be removed surgically and deviation of nasal septum that is also corrected by surgery. Depending on other causes, certain specific treatments are also there.
Warning signals should be kept in mind whenever there is stuffy nose with nasal discharge which is yellow or greenish in nature or one sided discharge along with fever or severe headache or swelling of face, nose, eyes and the doctor should be immediately contacted. Head injury followed by nasal discharge, if there is cough that is lasting for more than 10 days along with yellowish or greenish discharge then we need to immediately contact the doctor.
If the symptoms do not respond to home remedies then you can consult me.
Visit dermaworld skin & hair clinics and attain back your young & glowing skin with the best technology in the world.
For appointments & details, please contact: +91-9911100050 (rajouri garden); +91-9911300050 (new rajinder nagar)
#dermaworldskinclinics #drrohitbatra #beloterobalance
I've got abnormal vaginal bleeding since last 3 days. Though it is very less in amount without any pain. I also want to mention here that my periods was just over last week. I am married and had few normal intercourses after that. But I am worried about this abnormal bleeding. Please tell me why it is happening.
Here are some tips on types of contraceptive methods
Hi I’m Dr. Soni Anand. I’m a consultant obstetrician-gynecologist and infertility expert. This is a very controversial topic and everyone wants to use something but they don’t know what to use, how to use and for how long to use and whether it is suitable for him and his partner, or not. There are basically 4 modalities of Contraception:
(a) Intra-Urine contraception device also known as Copper T, Multi load, Mirena etc. I think this is the most comfortable for the patient and it is usually applied on the 4th or 5th day of periods and if properly applied, there is no problem in the continuation of these devices. Usually in few patients you can have periods for a cycle or two but then it settles down. We have medication for that and second thing- you have to get a checkup, every 4-5 month intervals at your doctor, and I think this is the best method because it does not require every day motivation and has no hormonal side effects.
(b) Pills or OC Pills, there is a common myth that it causes weight gain but now a days like everything, the Pill has also evolved and now we have ultra-low dosage pills and they get the desired effect and prevents pregnancy but does not have a long term side effect which existed when there were high doses. And you have to start the pill on Day 1 and continue it for 21 days and then there is a pill free period where you’ll have your periods and then can again restart from Day 1 and it can be used under medical supervision as long as you want.
(c) Condoms, it is not a very reliable method because it is partner dependent and can be used as a spacing method if they are willing.
(d) The terminal method of contraception, i.e. the family planning surgery or tuber ligation. It is suggested to those patients who have completed their families and can opt for this permanent method.
My message to my viewers is that contraception is a confusing matter and if you can’t decide yourself, consult a doctor.
If you want to consult me, you can reach me through Lybrate. Either by a text or through telephone or you can book a physical appointment.
Anal fistulas or fistula-in-ano generally cause discomfort due pus or watery discharges and sometimes pain. This is a condition where a nodular swelling appears in area surrounding the anal opening. Intermittent pus discharged is noticed from this nodular swelling. Instead of a nodular swelling; there might be simply an opening in this region. An anal abscess is one of the most common causes for this condition. Here are ten things you should know about these anal fistulas:
- It is curable through Ayurveda only: Till date many treatment options are tried to cure Anal Fistula which include Anal Fistula Surgery/ Glu technique/ cutting seton/ Colostomy/ Fistula plug/ VAAFT and many more. But all of these treatment methods have pretty high recurrence rate of about 20-25 %. However with Ksharsutra treatment for Anal Fistula; chances of recurrence are negligible. Other complications generally seen in surgery like bleeding, incontinence (inability to hold stool); are not seen with Ksharsutra Treatment. Clinical trials conducted by Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR); at AIIMS New Delhi and PGI Chandigarh in 1992 have proved that Ksharsutra treatment is more convenient and more effective than Surgery in the patients of Anal Fistula.
- There are symptoms you can look out for: Some of the symptoms that indicate anal fistulas include appearance of a nodular swelling in area surrounding Anal opening. Intermittent pus discharge is also observed from this swelling. Usually pain subsides and opening closes after the discharges; and patient feels relief. But after certain interval of time again pus accumulates; swelling re-appears with some amount of pain which is again relieved after the discharge. This cycle is repeated at varying interval in the patient of anal fistula.
- Medication can only provide temporary relief: Anti biotics and painkiller might give temporary relief from the symptoms. But after some time there will be again pus formation and associated swelling & pain in area surrounding anal opening.
- Anal fistulas can recur after surgical treatment: As discussed above all the treatment options tried by modern medicine (including most recent treatment VAAFT) have high incidence of recurrence (about 20-25%) Whereas there are negligible chances of recurrence after Ksharsutra Treatment for Anal Fistula. .
- Anal fistulas treated by Graded Ksharsutra do not recur: Ayurvedic treatment for anal fistulas is known as Kshar sutra therapy. This involves the use of medicated thread being ligated in Fistula Tract. The medicines present in this thread act as a strong debriding agent and induces healing of Fistula tract. In few weekly sittings of Ksharsutra change; Fistula gets healed completely and it do not recur. Pt. maintains his normal routine life during treatment period.
- Sitz bath can be beneficial: This involves sitting in a tub filled with warm water so that the affected site is submerged. An antiseptic and astringent agent like Triphala decoction may be added to the water if needed. A sitz bath soothes the skin and provides relief from pain. This also helps keep the area clean and thus reduces chances of infection.
- Oily and spicy foods should be avoided: When dealing with anal fistulas, you should try and take a diet that keeps your stool soft and regular. Hence use of oily and spicy foods should be reduced. Eat plenty of fiber and drink lots of water. Alcohol should also be avoided.
Ksharsutra vs Surgery in Anal Fistula Patients-
- Ksharsutra is done under Local Anesthesia. Hence complications of General Anesthesia are avoided. Surgical procedures are done under GA with all impending complications of General Anesthesia.
- Ksharsutra being a parasurgical procedure hence no bleeding/ cutting of tissue is involved. Surgery involves cutting/ bleeding.
- No hospitalization or bed rest is required in Ksharsutra Treatment. In Surgery hospitalization is must.
- In Ksharsutra; patient can continue his normal daily routine Surgery may require bed rest.
- Complications like incontinence (inability to hold stool) and recurrence are seen after surgery
- Ksharsutra is a safe procedure and these complications are not seen.
- Ksharsutra Treatment is more economical as compared to VAAFT surgery. VAAFT Surgery is comparatively too expensive.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My periods are somewhat irregular .I want to conceive now .is folic acid tablets will suppose my case to conceive me .n what things I should take care. please suggest me.
Hi doc, I am 22 years old female, me and my boy friend had unprotected sex continuously for the past 4 days. We had anal sex too. With too much sex I experienced burning and inflammation of the vaginal opening. And so we stopped having sex and I took ipill. Now I have started to feel itching at the vaginal opening, and there is a white cheesy discharge that has a peculiar odour. I fear I have got some infection. Pls help me.
Which is the safest way (except condom) for newly married couple, who didn't want pregnancy at this time, but want after 2 years married life?
Hello doctor I am 23 year old married guy I do sex regularly with my wife yesterday when I was at alone one of my male friend came who is gay and I do not know that he has hiv or not but he is my good friend but yesterday he sucked my penis without protection is there any chances to get infected by just only one time sucking? Please let me know I am too much scared.
Yoga literally means ‘union’ and it focuses on harmonizing the mind and body by tackling issues like stress. Stress has a debilitating effect on not only self image but also on a person’s libido. Thus, yoga can indirectly bring back a spark to your love life and boost your libido. Here are 6 yoga poses for better sex.
- The Cat stretch: This yoga asana helps strengthen Kegel muscles. Place both your knees and palms on the floor and hips directly above your knees. Inhale while raising your chin, chest and tailbone and arching your back downwards. As you do this, compress your buttocks. Hold your breath for a few second and exhale. As you exhale, arch your back upwards and relax your buttocks.
- The Wide legged Straddle: This exercise boosts libido by increasing blood flow to the pelvic area by stretching the inner thighs. Sit upright on the floor with your legs spread as far apart as possible and toes pointed upwards. Hold your knees. While keeping your back straight try taking your palms closer to your ankles. Stop whenever you feel your hamstrings stretch. Hold your breath and extend your chest downwards as far as possible.
- The Eagle: This pose enhances blood flow into the cervix. To practice this asana stand upright and bend the left knee while wrapping the calf with your right calf and foot. Lower your buttocks till you are almost in a sitting position and tuck in your tailbone. Simultaneously cross your left arm over the right at the elbow and wrap the fore arms around each other till your palms face each other. Lift your arms upwards and hold the position for as long as possible before releasing. Repeat with the other leg.
- The bridge: This position flexes and stretches the hips while toning the vaginal muscles to boost orgasms. Lie on your back and bring your feet 5 inches below your buttocks while bending your knees. Inhale and raise your hips upwards with your palms face down by your side. Hold for 10 seconds and lower your hips while exhaling.
- Bound Angle: This asana opens the hips raises the temperature of thee groin area. Begin by witting upright with your legs outstretched in front of you. Bend your knees outwards and bring your soles together so that they are facing each other. Hold your ankles and try lowering your knees to the ground as far as possible.
- The cobra pose: This is an energizing asana. Lie on your stomach with palms face down below your ribs. Stretch your legs out with the top of your foot pressing against the ground. Lift your chest off the floor and hold for 10 seconds before releasing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
After 3 miscarriage first time Ivf with own eggs. What are the chances of success rate, with 3 eggs. Is Doctor use all egg?
Hi doctor I am on my periods but before periods I was sexually active with my husband. How ever my period started on early morning of 25 th and it will be lasting for 7 days. From 2 days my health is not good on 28 I had some masaladar curry in night and from next day I got acidity and burps and then from night I started vomiting and now bp is also 110/70. Please help.
I am about 2 months pregnant I am taking medicine as per my doctor instructions which I folic acid. progesterone sustained release and une ingestion maintane 500. My problem is very minor that is I see little yellowish type and you can brownish light color spot in morning. Because of the drop kind of discharge in the day. I want to know these medicines are ok or they will harm my body and in morning I used to go for toilet again again atleast 4 times after one hour in daily morning why this is happening please tell me is it ok.
Swelling can be lessened by placing a cold compress. Take all medication prescribed by doctors.
Hi, I unfortunately took 2 ipill in the month so of July. The bleeding started in August and stopped for a while like 3 to 4 Days and again started bleeding. Now in between when I have sex the bleeding goes high and now it September and still have bleeding. Pls help.
What are the basic precautions that we have to take during pregnancy. Is there anything that we don't have to eat this and that?
Does it pains while having vaginal sex if I have piles and will it affect my partner or will he also get piles if I have vaginal sex with him?
Sleep hygiene is a variety of different practices and habits that are necessary to have good nighttime sleep quality and full daytime alertness.
Why is it important to practice good sleep hygiene?
Obtaining healthy sleep is important for both physical and mental health. It can also improve productivity and overall quality of life. Everyone, from children to older adults, can benefit from practicing good sleep habits.
How can I improve my sleep hygiene?
One of the most important sleep hygiene practices is to spend an appropriate amount of time asleep in bed, not too little or too excessive. Sleep needs vary across ages and are especially impacted by lifestyle and health. However, there are recommendations that can provide guidance on how much sleep you need generally. Other good sleep hygiene practices include:
Limiting daytime naps to 30 minutes. Napping does not make up for inadequate nighttime sleep. However, a short nap of 20-30 minutes can help to improve mood, alertness and performance.
Avoiding stimulants such as caffeineand nicotine close to bedtime. And when it comes to alcohol, moderation is key 4. While alcohol is well-known to help you fall asleep faster, too much close to bedtime can disrupt sleep in the second half of the night as the body begins to process the alcohol.
Exercising to promote good quality sleep. As little as 10 minutes of aerobic exercise, such as walking or cycling, can drastically improve nighttime sleep quality. For the best night’s sleep, most people should avoid strenuous workouts close to bedtime. However, the effect of intense nighttime exercise on sleep differs from person to person, so find out what works best for you.
Steering clear of food that can be disruptive right before sleep. Heavy or rich foods, fatty or fried meals, spicy dishes, citrus fruits, and carbonated drinks can trigger indigestion for some people. When this occurs close to bedtime, it can lead to painful heartburn that disrupts sleep.
Ensuring adequate exposure to natural light. This is particularly important for individuals who may not venture outside frequently. Exposure to sunlight during the day, as well as darkness at night, helps to maintain a healthy sleep-wake cycle.
Establishing a regular relaxing bedtime routine. A regular nightly routine helps the body recognize that it is bedtime. This could include taking warm shower or bath, reading a book, or light stretches. When possible, try to avoid emotionally upsetting conversations and activities before attempting to sleep.
Making sure that sleep environment is pleasant. Mattress and pillows should be comfortable. The bedroom should be cool – between 60 and 67 degrees – for optimal sleep. Bright light from lamps, cell phone and tv screens can make it difficult to fall asleep, so turn those light off or adjust them when possible. Consider using blackout curtains, eye shades, ear plugs" white noise" machines, humidifiers, fans and other devices that can make the bedroom more relaxing.