Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Trivandrum. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Shadammaba MathewYour feedback matters!
What is the best diet for a PCOS/PCOD patient? Should dairy products (milk, cheese,yoghurt) be avoided altogether?
My daughter was supposed to get her period by 21 august but its 29 aug today she has skipped her period, what can be the reason for the same except pregnancy and what measures are supposed to be taken to cure it.
Are anti pregnant pill are harmful for our pregnancy in future or is it true that if we don't get pregnant in initial years of marriage we will get some problem in getting pregnant in future?
Hi Dr: I'm 10 weeks pregnant (my second child). My TSH level is 6.9, and T4 is 15.4 .Should I take tablets to stimulate the thyroid function? During my first pregnancy my TSH level was 5 and T4 was 10.86. I was given Thyronorm tablets (50 mg) throughout my pregnancy. My GP was suggesting that this time I may not need any thyroid stimulating medicine as my thyroid levels are just on border line. I'm a bit concerned. Please advise. Can I take 50 mg tablet itself for this pregnancy as well.
Hv any health benefits to sallow women vaginal juice. Wht r the benefits. Hv Dr. any minerals. If she has no infection any. please say.
Although having gas is common, it can be extremely uncomfortable and embarrassing at times. Gas is eliminated either by burping (belching) or passing it through the rectum (flatulence). Half to two liters is produced normally in adults and may pass up to 14 times a day on an average. But the condition can be really bad for some individuals -one study noted a person who expelled gas 140 times daily, with 70 passages in a period of just four hours. Although every one has gas, but why do some suffer from it more than others? the answer lies either in their biological conditions of their gastro-intestinal tract or in their eating habits. The gas usually comes from two sources
(a) The air that is swallowed in with food while eating
(b) As a part of normal breakdown of certain undigested foods by harmless bacteria naturally present in the large intestine.
- Homeopathy can be a great help for those who suffer from this? too much gas? problem. Homeopathic medicines carbo veg, lycopodium, china and nux vomica lead the homeopathic table in treating this problem.
- A constitutional homoeopathic treatment will cure you permanently
- You can easily take an online consultation for further treatment guidance
Registered Dietitians (RDs) are regulated health professionals who are uniquely trained and authorized by Indian Dietetic Association to advise on diet, food
and nutrition. RDs support the nutritional health of a population through health promotion, disease prevention,treatment, support and rehabilitation.
Functions of an RD:
Work individually with you to assess your nutrition needs (review your medical and diet history, blood tests, weight and weight trends, along with other physical measurements)
Design a personalized meal plan for you
Help you establish realistic goals, short term and long term
Equip you with techniques to stay on track with your nutrition plan
Provide ongoing encouragement and support in 15-30 minute sessions until your goals are met (three or more visits are recommended for best results)
Reasons to see a Registered dietitian
Blood pressure control
Womens' health (osteoporosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome)
Pregnancy (proper nutrition, management of gestational diabetes)
If I have sex with my wife multiple times a month without any protection is it safe. We both are healthy and do not carry any disease.
My friend had sex with 2 partners now she is not getting date from past two months n now her legs were filled with water and had throat infection from one week. N she also used tablets for 10 days to get date. Why is this problem happening and is this any disease.
In a month how much time we should have sex with a partner and pls help in this. And while in pregnancy till which month w e should have sex with the partner.
After sex some sticky white texture is coming out from my vagina and it will be on my husband penis. Why it like this? Any problem. Is there any problem to conceive because of this?
Hello. From 2011-2015 I was on birth control pills on and off. I stopped using them completely january of 2015. After stopping the pill, my periods were lighter and more manageable then before. In the past three months, my menstrual cycles have become extremely light. Im a vegetarian, but I also rarely have an appetite so I do not eat much some days. Im 5'6 and 113 pounds. Almost under weight. I exercise a little as well. I had shingles in march. And I do not know why im experiencing such problems. I have no cramps during menstrual cycles. I also have no physical pain or signs of anything else. What could be the cause for lighter menstrual cycle?
Pregnancy me stomach pain hota h (due to foods or urinary infection) Us pain ko kaise Kum kra ja skta h.
Metabolic syndrome refers to a group of conditions that occur together and increase your chances of developing stroke, diabetes, and heart problems. This set of conditions includes high blood sugar, abnormal levels of cholesterol, abdominal fat, and high blood pressure. More importantly, having just any one of these conditions doesn't mean that you suffer from this problem.
What really brings about this condition?
Experts are still not sure as to what causes the development of this condition; the causes and risk factors can be manifold.
Some of the causes can be:
1. Insulin resistance - A hormone produced by the pancreas in your body, insulin plays the vital role of helping your body to use the glucose as fuel. The problem of insulin resistance causes your body to produce more of this hormone so as to tackle the rising glucose levels in your body. Closely connected to excess belly fat, it causes the development of diabetes.
2. Overweight or obesity - Instances of obesity can also cause you to develop metabolic syndrome. More specifically, abdominal obesity can see your prospect increasingly significantly. It can bring about problems like insulin resistance and other associated conditions.
3. Abnormal hormone levels - Even the behavior of hormones can affect your chances of developing this health condition. For example, the hormonal disorder like PCOS can cause metabolic syndrome.
4. Unhealthy lifestyle - Having too much of processed foods without an adequate amount of physical activity can increase your prospects of developing metabolic syndrome. Eating a heart-healthy diet, which is rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fish can help to curb this problem.
How to identify this health condition?
When it comes to symptoms, this group of disorders doesn't reveal any specific signs but symptoms associated with individual health conditions that make up this group. You can come across signs like an increased waistline, or symptoms associated with diabetes like increased urination, a thirsty feeling, blurred vision, and fatigue.
Nonetheless, you're said to suffer from this problem if you exhibit these characteristics:
- Abdominal obesity marked by waist size of over 40 inches in men and 35 inches in women
- Triglyceride levels of 150 and above
- Blood pressure levels of 130/85 and above
- Fasting blood sugar measuring 110 and above
- Good cholesterol levels less than 50 in women and 40 in men