Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Trivandrum. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
My teeth is sensitive. I have tried sensodine but no relief yet which medicine or toothpaste give me relief?
MY UPPER 2 TOOTH WERE REMOVED 2 YEARS BACK & PLACE IS EMPTY. WHAT IS THE BEST CURE & EXPENDITURE EXPECTED SIR?
How I can keep my teeth so white and please suggest me permanent solutions for this. Waiting for your valuable reply?
Many times I feel like pinch on lower jaw to neck bone since last 3 months but not regular after 4-5 days ke gap pei. Pls help me why it happens what's the reason and how to cure.
How to remove yellow colour from teeth? Please help Can we clean teeth in dental clinic? It will affective. It will long last.
Dental health might come across as a rather innocuous problem, but there is no reason for us to take it lightly. Dental health often functions as the index to an overall good health and it is extremely crucial for one and all to maintain the utmost hygiene level. Your teeth are arguably one of the most susceptible parts of your body wherein the slightest neglect can result in substantial damage. Dental ailment pans across a variety of diseases which unless immediately arrested, can potentially inflict a lot of harm.
We all know about that dreaded toothache and it is not an experience that one would like reliving. Although dentists with their whole host of extractions, fillings and excisions often help in soothing those toothaches, for a more natural mode of healing and remedying dental disorders, one may turn to Ayurveda. Ayurveda regards healthy lifestyle practices like balanced and wise dietary choices and diligent brushing as the most fundamental requisite for maintaining your oral health.
Some of the advisable methods for upholding oral hygiene can be enlisted as follows:
- Dant Dhavani or Brushing: As an alternative to the new age bristle brushes, Ayurveda recommends the herbal chewing sticks for the purpose of brushing. As per Ayurveda, the effect is better in those sticks which have a bitter or an astringent taste. For this purpose, Neem, Licorice, Cutch, Arjuna, Milkweed or Fever Nut are best suited.
- Gargling with rock salt and mustard oil: For the upkeep of oral hygiene, it is a healthy practice to massage the gums with mustard oil and rock salt. One can gargle it off with warm water after leaving it for a span of five minutes. Persistent following of this method can bring considerable improvement to your oral hygiene. It is also a good way to mitigate the impacts of asthma and migraine.
- Jivha Lekhana or Tongue Scraping: Pure metal is endowed with a lot of health boosting properties. Thus, instead of stainless steel tongue cleaners, Ayurveda advocates the use of scrapers made of gold, silver or copper. This helps in battling bad odor and enhances your sense of taste.
How to protect my teeth from germs, how can I improve my teeth color according to white like a cute baby. How can I care about my hair also?
Hi'sir /mam I'm suffering from blisters on tongue. Please tell me any solutions. I'm fasting everyday so. I can eat food.
Mera Gala aur muh sukh jata he Phir pani pita hu to achha lagta he Phir 1 hours ke baad phir galla aur muh sukh jata hu please help.
I have been suffering from sore tongue from the last 7 days. Please suggest me a quick remedy for it.
Most of us suffer from some or the other dental problem in our lifetime. Majority of these problems are attributed to tooth decay. Tooth decay or cavities occur when bacteria living in the mouth produce a strong acid that slowly deteriorates the health of the teeth. If left untreated such decays will lead to infection, causing extreme pain and eventually tooth loss. To prevent this, dental fillings are done. Fillings are also used to repair broken or cracked teeth. Here is everything you need to know about fillings.
What is a Dental Filling?
A dental filling is one of the most commonly used methods that can restore the normal functioning and shape of the tooth, which may have been damaged due to tooth decay. These fillings close off the spaces where bacteria can set in and cause further decay. This protects the surrounding tissues too as food and bacteria accumulated in cavities can harm gums too.
Procedure of Dental Filling:
Before a filling session, the dentist will carry out proper assessment of your teeth. Dental X-rays may be used to ascertain the extent of the damage. This can be followed by a procedure with which the dentist will clean out the affected area of the tooth. After the decay has been cleaned out, the cavity will be filled with desired filling material.
Types of Dental Fillings:
There are various kinds of dental fillings. Let us find out a little bit about each kind.
- Gold Filling: These are made in a laboratory before they are cemented in place. These fillings are known to last over two decades thanks to the fact that they are tolerated exceptionally well by the gum tissue. This is also an expensive option, which will require multiple visits to the dental clinic.
- Amalgam Filling: These are also known as silver fillings and are usually an alloy containing tin, silver, and other metals, which bond well with the teeth. Many Dentists today are advising against the use of these fillings as it has been proved that mercury content in these fillings can harm the body.
- Composite Resin Filling: These kinds of fillings are matched to the colour of your teeth for a natural appearance. These are the most commonly uses fillings today as they fulfill most of the criteria we would desire from a dental filling.
- Porcelain Filling: These are known as inlays or onlays. These fillings are used in restorations where a large part of the tooth structure has been lost. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.