Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Trivandrum. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Jaw Orthopedics Treatment
Knee Braces For Osteoarthritis Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Niranjan T JYour feedback matters!
I am a 17 years male. I had heavy ache in my right side jaw joint 6 months before. Also, I could not open my mouth. It was terrible that I was not even able to yawn! every-time I opened my mouth, it ended with a crack sound in my right side jaw joint. A doctor I consulted took xray of mouth and said that it was the upper right wisdom tooth which has grown slightly bent, was distrubing the jaws. He also operated removed it. Until then I experience slight pain in the same region and periodically I am not able to open my mouth, and it feels like muscles at right jaw joint is hardened and it pains a lot! what is the real problem here. I also feel like a new teeth growing down from the place of the upper right wisdom teeth which the doctor removed. What should I do now?
I em having pain in my lower back from last 1 year I need help plzz some1 help me its really killing me off.
Rheumatoid arthritis is an auto-immune disorder which causes abnormal swelling of the body joints due to a sudden attack to the joints by the immune system of the body. This disorder is fairly common in the body parts that are more frequently used such as the knees, fingers, shoulders, wrists, elbows and the hips. Although rare, this disorder can also affect the ligaments or the tendons along with kidney, lungs, eyes or the heart.
This disorder tends to be chronic. Although the exact cause of the disease is still unknown, the loss of immunity generally leads to the disorder. Thus people who are obese, regular smokers, or who have had a family history of this condition are the most vulnerable to this disorder.
The symptoms of Rheumatoid arthritis are:
- Severe pain in the joints.
- Severe pain coupled with high fever.
- Stiffening and inflammation of the joints, resulting in intense pain.
- Exhaustion, fatigue and sudden weight loss.
- The pain gets aggravated in cold weather conditions.
If rheumatoid arthritis is not treated immediately after diagnosis, it might cause further complications in the future such as lymphatic blood cancers, osteoporosis (a medical condition resulting in brittle and weak bones), blockage of the arteries and dry mouth syndrome (Xerostomia).
The treatment of rheumatoid arthritis includes:
- Prescribed dosage of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as Ibuprofen and Naproxen, anti-rheumatoid drugs such as Methotrexate and steroidal drugs such as Prednisone help in reducing inflammation and pain. The dosage depends on the intensity of the condition.
- Performing regular exercises which will help you retain flexibility of the joints and subsequently cure rheumatoid arthritis.
- In extreme cases, the doctor might suggest surgeries such as:
- Synovectomy: A surgery that removes the damaged portion of the joint
- Joint fusion: This option will realign the joint and reduce the pain If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a internal specialist.
I have been asked to do bird dog excercises for numbness & parasthesia of feet. I am 66 yrs old, wt 94 kg with a colles fracture ( optd ). Can not do this ex. Please suggest some thing else.
Steps to Alleviate Your Backache at Work Spot
1.Be in simple stroll and aligned posture at work
2.Stop munching carb-rich and fried food
3.Stop ordering in and eating lunch at your workplace,walk out of ur cabin and leave to cafeteria
4.Take simple break in between work like walking around and stretching the body
5.Go outdoor and Inhale fresh air during break
6.Avoid Elevators and use restroom and water coolers on a floor above your work station
7.Maintain posture with sitting upright with back and neck absolutely straight