Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Trivandrum and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. N S Pratap ChandranYour feedback matters!
I want to make my mom's week diet chart healthy food in diabetes. She also take insulin dose please give me a good week diet chart. Thanks.
Hello Doctor, My mother is suffering from heart palpitations from the past 1 year and now a days it's been increased and in the night times not allowing her to sleep. She is having thyroid problem and using medicines. After consulting a cardiologist he suggested her to use Pololet XL 25 tablets daily once in the evening. Please suggest is this the correct medicines if there any side effects too.
Sir tell me diabetes treatment I am suffering from last 40 years so pain in full body pain in leg back pain always suffering from pain.
Iam suffering with sugar from2013. July. Taking allopathy glycomate S. R. Tablets. But today my testing report is 202/ 288 fast& after food. My age 50yrs. Chose best treatment.
My wife has blood sugar Fasting 130 Pp 150 Now when she walk abouts 500 meters. She feeling pain in left arm What is problem Kya ye enjiana ka pain he?
Hi I'm kokila. Yesterday my husband done sugar test FPG is 116 (normal range 70-100 mg/dl) and PLPG is 171 (normal range 100-140 mg/dl ).his age is just 30 years I'm so worried. It's required diabetics tablets daily. Pls reply me doctors.
Can sugar be control by walking. And often one should walk and what is general ways to check sugar level. Is homoeopathic is good or tablets are good?
I am 32 years old lady. Having thyroid taking one table of 75 mg thyroxine daily. I have a problem of hair fall. What should I do?
Diabetes is one of the worst diseases which has gripped majority of people today, thanks to our erratic work schedule followed by a lack of exercise and sleep, aggravated by the overindulgence in junk food. But, the good news is that you can control and even reverse diabetes by following some simple dietary tips.
The fact is dieting doesn’t mean starving; you can have tasty nutritious food which is mentally and physically rejuvenating.
Here are a few dietary tips you should follow to keep your blood sugar levels in check-
- Include adequate vegetables in your diet; especially which have high fibre content. Leafy vegetables such as spinach and vegetables such as peas, broccoli and beans are a must.
- Include high fibre foods such as chickpea wheat, oats and millets in your diet.
- Milk has the perfect combination of protein and carbohydrate and can control blood sugar levels.
- Make sure you eat pulses, especially those with husk and sprouts, as they keep your blood glucose levels normal. Even when you are having noodles, you must add sprouts to them apart from the vegetables.
- Foods which are rich in omega-3 fatty acids are excellent for combating diabetes. These include flax seed oil, nuts, fatty fish; these have a very small level of cholesterol.
- Consume high fibre fruits such as papaya, pear, orange, guava etc. Eat those fruits which have high sugar content such as mangoes or grapes, in moderation.
These are some of the foods which you should include in your diet. In addition, there are few everyday tips which you should follow-
- Make sure to have small frequent meals comprising of high fibre and low in carbohydrate foods.
- Methi or fenugreek seeds have high diabetes controlling mechanisms. Soak one tablespoon of the seeds in 100 ml of water overnight and have it in the morning.
- Exercise helps in managing blood sugar levels.
- Losing weight improves the functioning of the insulin.
Tip for sticking with a diabetes-friendly diet plan-
First and foremost, take small, manageable steps. Choose two or three things you want to work on. Once you feel you have mastered those you can move on to two or three more steps towards a healthier diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.