Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Trivandrum and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. N S Pratap ChandranYour feedback matters!
Hello I want to know is Himalaya Tagara safe for a diabetic patient. Age is 53 and diabetes on the border line. Is it ok to have the pill?
My 70-year-old mom admitted to hospital with hypertension and high blood sugar last week. She got discharged from hospital after three days with normal BP and blood sugar with medications for BP and Blood Sugar. But now she is feeling nauseatic and urgency for nature's call intermittently. Is it matter of worry? Please suggest.
I am 22 yrs old lady and and I'm just suffering from thyroid. It is jst started now and I wanna become Mama. My thyroid level is 10.249 and I'm started prescribe medicine. What should I do to become Mama.
I'm a 30 yrs old female & a thyroid patient too. I'm taking thyronorm 50 mg daily. From past 4-5 days my knees and anklets are swelled & paining badly. Since today morning my fingers are also paining. What could be the cause & suggest treatment please.
My mother has hypothyroidism problem, please tell what precautions should be taken and how to identify whether her thyroid level increased or not?
Diabetes is the condition where the blood glucose levels in your body tend to be quite high and can have an adverse effect on many of the organs in your body. The eyes are no exception and can be quite adversely affected by diabetes as well.
Let's look at the various problems you could face if you have diabetes:
1. Blurry vision: Diabetes can cause the lens in the eye to swell and this will affect the way you see. Because of the increased lens size, the eyes have difficulty in focusing on objects resulting in blurry vision. You will have to get your blood sugar levels back to normal and only then the vision will begin to correct itself. This will however take time to happen.
2. Cataract: Blurry vision for an extended period of time which progressively gets worse can be a symptom of cataract. Although cataracts can develop even with normal patients, they tend to accelerate and happen earlier in adults who have diabetes. Cataracts are usually fixed with surgery where the natural lens is removed and replaced with an artificial lens.
3. Diabetic retinopathy: Diabetic Retinopathy and Retinal Detachment are one of the leading causes of blindness in adults who suffer from diabetes. The retina is a very important part of the eye which allows us to see the images by capturing light and then sending them to the brain via the optical nerve. With diabetic retinopathy the smaller blood vessels in your retina may get damaged and thus end up causing damage to your vision. This can be of three types:
- Proliferative Retinopathy: In this condition very small blood vessels grow from the surface of the retina. The retina is the film at the back of your eye , and the tiny blood vessels are capillaries. These growing blood vessels are very delicate and bleed easily. If you have had diabetes for years your retinae may develop this condition. As the retina is damaged by diabetes, the diseased retina releases special growth chemicals. These chemicals make tiny blood vessels grow: these are called 'new blood vessels.
- Background Retinopathy: Background or nonproliferative diabetic retinopathy (NPDR) is the earliest stage of diabetic retinopathy. With this condition, damaged blood vessels in the retina begin to leak extra fluid and small amounts of blood into the eye.
- Maculopathy: The macula is the central area of your retina. It is responsible for all your sharp vision, such as used for watching TV or reading. It can become damaged in diabetes, with leaks developing (oedema).
4. Glaucoma: This is a condition where fluids build up inside the eye and it results in the pressure within it building up. This may damage the blood vessels within the eye and cause vision changes. Problems within the eye may not be detected till you experience vision loss. Some of the symptoms of glaucoma may include:
- Blurry vision
- Watering from Eyes
- Difficulty in vision
- Pain in the eyes
- Lights appear to have halos
Treatments: Blurry vision also tends to go away slowly once the level of blood glucose is controlled either via medicines or by diet changes. However, glaucoma or diabetic retinopathy may require a range of medicines to ease the pressure on the eye or to discharge fluid buildup. If none of these works, then relevant surgery may be required to resolve the problems.
I have recently gone through LFT. Where I found my SGPT and SGOT Levels are very high. About 5 times from range for SGPT, and about 3 times SGOT. I WANT TO KNOW, IS MY LEVER HAVING SOME PROBLEM? IF YES THEN HOW BIG IT IS?
My dad blood sugar level is 300 now hes having fever and kidney problem too so what food should he eat and suggest some mild medication.
Hello doctor. I am manisha female 47 year old. I am known case of diabetes and few days ago I read about vaccine for diabetes. Does it really exists and how it can be helpful for me? I am taking tablet meantime 500 1 tab twice kindly do needful and advice me.
My father is suffering from Diabetes, kindly suggest that what diet should maintain and which foods should avoid?
I am 60 years old. My TSH 9.37 T4 10.5 T3 1.38 UREA 18 CREA 0.42 U.ACID 5.1. I have severe joint pain. Energy less. Fatigued. What is the reason for that? Is for TSH and is it needed to consult an Thyroid specialist?
Dr. is it right to check blood sugar every feed we have. What is the normal blood sugar after having dinner like chapatis/ millets at night? My blood sugar shows 131 after one hour of my dinner (I ate only Upma) at night .I am fully tension pls suggest me.
Tsh is 26 against a max. 0f 5. Esr 15 against max. Of 7. These tests were done when complained of ibs. I am taking medicines for thyroid. For ibs what should be done?
My mother takes very much tension and she also has a very high sugar rate last time tested it was fasting-278, PP-375 so is there any topic to worry about and if yes then how to solve it.
Blood sugar level is a result of two controlling factors
1. Sugar Intake
2. Insulin response by the pancreas after meal. The pancreas creates insulin which brings down the blood sugar level. A heavy meal will cause increased secretion of insulin in a normal healthy adult. So surprisingly the heavier the meal (sweet Food) you consume lower will be blood sugar level. In patients, on treatment who takes tablets / Insulin before meal the same effects are seen.
During treatment of diabetes fasting sugar is maintained at higher level then post lunch sugar to prevent complication of hypoglycemia during sleep.