Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Trivandrum. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. KaveriYour feedback matters!
I have recently got to know that my wife us pregnant. Please tell me dos and don't of eating in pregnancy and doing sex thus time is safe or not.
What is Chancroid?
Chancroid is caused by the bacteria Haemophilus ducreyi. The bacteria usually attacks tissues and produce open sores which are termed as ulcers or chancroids. Both men and women are affected and the sores are usually found close to the external reproductive organs.
The ulcer might bleed and weep which produces contagious fluid. This can spread the bacteria during vaginal, anal, or oral sex. It can also spread from skin contamination. Thus it is a type of a venereal disease. Chancroids can be prevented by practicing safe sex practice.
Symptoms of Chancroid:
As both men and women can have chancroid, the symptoms may vary in both, but the initial symptoms begin one day to several weeks after contamination with the bacteria.
Symptoms in Men: A red, small bump on the genitals which usually changes to an open sore in a day or two. There can be ulcers on any area including the scrotum and penis.
Symptoms in Women: There might be 4 or more red bumps on the labia (folds covering the female genitals), thighs and between labia and anus. Once the bumps become open or ulcerated, they lead to a painful and burning sensation especially during bowel movements and urination.
Common Symptoms in Men and Women
The following symptoms can be seen:
The ulcers vary in size from 1/8 to 2 inches.
Ulcers present with having a soft center which is gray to yellowish ray, while the edges are sharp and defined.
There is pain while urinating and sexual intercourse.
Presence of swelling in the groin area (this is the area where the thigh and the lower abdomen meet).
In case the lymph nodes are swollen, they might break and lead to abscesses or pus collections. that often drain
Diagnosis of Chancroid:
Diagnosing of chancroid usually involves the collection of samples of the fluid which drain from sores. These samples are then sent to the laboratory for further investigations. Diagnosis through blood test is not possible yet. The doctor might also examine and assess the lymph nodes of the groin for pain and swelling.
Treatments of Chancroid:
Chancroid can be treated successfully with medication. The infection usually goes away without any treatment, but the medication only helps to accelerate the treatment with minimum scarring involved.
Treatment through Medication: Antibiotics are usually prescribed by the doctor to kill the bacteria responsible for the ulcers. Also, antibiotics reduce the chances of scarring.
Treatment through Surgery: In this the abscess of the lymph nodes which are painful and large can be drained. This decreases the pain and swelling, but might lead to slight scarring as the sore heals. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My question is for PCT (post cycle therapy) can we take shilajit/gokshura/shatavari/ashwagandha as a replacement of nolvadex or clomid?
Some love it, some hate it because of the smell that stays behind. However, it is advisable to eat a lot of onions, as they are very good for your health.
Cooking the onions kill their medicinal properties. That is why red onions should be eaten raw and untreated. There are a lot of combinations, and if you're brave enough, you can eat it as a side dish almost every lunch. Today, we'll give you 7 reasons to add red onions to your diet.
Stops cancer cell growth
Onions are rich sulfur compounds that protect the body from stomach cancer, colon cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer and prostate cancer. They are also effective in fighting off bacteria in the urinary tract.
Raw onions increase the production of insulin. If you are a diabetic, you have a good reason to regularly eat fresh raw onions.
Fibers found in raw onions can help you in the fight against constipation. They force out toxins and hard food particles from your intestines.
Help for a sore throat
Make onion juice. It's great for healing colds and sore throats.
If you are tormented by nosebleeds, red onions can stop the bleeding. You can also smell onions for healing nose bleeds.
It protects the heart
Onions can help protect the heart from coronary disease. Onions can also control high blood pressure.
Controls cholesterol levels
Raw onions control cholesterol levels and lower bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.
Hi I'm 17 on Jan 19th i had my appendix removed I had an open surgery and spinal injection will there be any problems in future in my pregnancy
I am aged 35 yrs. I didt get periods for about 6 months. I am short structured person. Having a girl baby 3 yrs.
Hello Doctor! My age is 32 Trying for pregnancy but no luck. I have regular cycle of 28 days my tubes are also open. My husband count is normal but I have no ovulation even with HCG Injection and Clomid. My Amh level are low. I have stared taking Eve Care syrup will it help me in ovulation. What is the purpose of this syrup.
As the mercury levels soar higher, it is time to get creative to keep yourself cool this summer. To keep yourself hydrated and active, you can include fresh seasonal fruits in your daily diet.
Here are some nutritious and refreshing fruits that help you in fighting the effects of the hot summer and health problems that accompany them:
1. Melons - Watermelon has high water content that helps you to stay hydrated and refreshed during summer. Melons contain lycopene that helps in protecting the skin against sun damage. Muskmelon is another healthy summer fruit that helps to improve the body's immunity as it is rich in potassium, zinc, vitamin A and vitamin C.
2. Oranges - A juicy orange is a perfect thirst quencher in the summer season. Orange is rich in all varieties of vitamins except vitamin K. Oranges contain a large amount of vitamin C, folate, and thiamin that provide natural protection against the harmful UV rays, help in increasing the production of red blood cells in your body and also reduce stress level. They also help in curing muscle pains and cramps. Beta-carotene, lutein, and cryptoxanthin are present in oranges that help to keep away infections and cancer and also protect the eye from macular degeneration.
3. Mango - Rightly called the king of fruits, mango is loaded with high amounts of selenium, iron, and fiber. It is also an outstanding source of vitamins C, vitamin A and minerals like phosphorus, calcium, and potassium. The cholesterol levels in the body are lowered by high levels of vitamin C, fiber, and pectin. The potassium content of the fruit helps in controlling high blood pressure and heart rate. The fruit also has properties that help in boosting your immunity.
4. Papaya - Papaya is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, folate, and phytochemicals. These have anti-cancerous, anti-bacterial and anti-stress properties. Papain is an enzyme found in this fruit, which helps in curing ingestion and other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. The antioxidants present in papaya help in slowing down the ageing process in women, provide a fresh glow to the skin and help in weight loss.
5. Grapes - Grapes help in losing weight by reducing the capacity of the cells to store more fat. Grapes also help in protecting the body against the damaging effects of radiation, cleansing your blood, preventing degenerative nerve disease and boosting cardiovascular health.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Fresh Fruits Vs. Dry Fruits
Hi my wife is 34 years old After miscarriage at 5 months (first child), she has put on little weight but her tummy/stomach portion has come out a lot. Second thing after delivery there is severe pain in her joints specially ankle, knee, wrist, finger joints etc so please advice us the reason and solution also
Sir me and my gf had unprotected sex on 10th March, her date is 19th March, she didn't take any contraceptive pill at that time, but we are afraid now, pls help me sir, what should I do now, as we don't want pregnancy at this moment.
Pleasuring yourself is not wrong and is infact a normal part of human nature, however, society often frowns on it and young people are often taught to avoid masturbation. Lack of knowledge and opportunities to talk about it have given rise to a number of myths on this subject.
Let's take a look at a few of them:
- Masturbation causes health problems: Pleasuring yourself is the ultimate form of safe sex. There is no way for you to catch an STD, sexually transmitted disease, or for it to cause any sort of mental health problem. The only risks involved are allergic reactions to lubricants or toys and a feeling of guilt or shame due to societal pressure. It lowers the chances of you having an orgasm during sex
- Masturbation is akin to cheating: Single people as well as people in committed relationships masturbate. While it can lead to problems in a relationship depending on your partner's views about it, it does not amount to cheating on him or her.
- Masturbation causes infertility: Pleasuring yourself does not reduce your chances of getting pregnant or getting someone else pregnant. However, for men with a low sperm count, restricting ejaculations while trying to get their partner pregnant is a good idea. The only way masturbation can lead to infertility is if partners who share sex toys do not keep them clean and pass on STDs through them.
- It can cause erectile dysfunction: Erectile dysfunction has a number of psychological and biological causes, such as heart disease, stress and obesity but masturbation is not one of them. Eating certain foods can help control the urge to masturbate.
- Masturbation can damage the genitals: Touching your genitals is very unlikely to damage them. The sex organs are designed to withstand friction and hence are very tough organs. The maximum damage that can be caused by masturbation is a little chafing. Using lubricant can prevent this from occurring.
One of my friend's gf periods will not come I mean he do sex on 1st january then periods will come on 25 th january but in february there is no sign of periods is it due to pregnancy nd he don t do anything with her from 1st january please tell asap?
The 10 year married (41 ) pregnant aspirant women already did 2 times IVF through foreign ovum donation, having problem in tubal blockage, high FSH (21.34 IU/ml) and low AMH (0.82), . Would it recommendable for another IVF of her own or go for surrogacy/adoption. Last time she got pregnancy but after 16 week it was lost due to abnormality, as result growth of the foetus checked and length was reduced and finally going to be aborted. The linear ovary and male sperm found O.k but don't know the quality of egg donor. Pl. Put the suggestion under this condition, what to do as because she is going to be on menopausal stage?
There are many organisms that live in our bodies and on the surface of the skin. These are usually harmless and do not cause any damage. But there are many organisms like viruses, fungi and bacteria that can cause infectious disorders known as infections. There are many kinds of infections that can affect the various parts of the body. These are generally caused by various things starting from contaminated food, to transmission from an infected person and more. Read on to know more about the kind of infections and their causes.
- Common Symptoms: The various kinds of infections usually have common symptoms including fever due the start of the immune system's fight against the infecting organism, as well as cough, cold, chills, fatigue, loss of appetite, loose motions and pain. All these symptoms point at the presence of an infection.
- Types: As mentioned earlier, infections can be of various types. Starting from viral infections that come with the change of seasons with allergy like symptoms, to STDs or sexually transmitted disease that are contagious and can spread with sexual contact, or even throat, stomach and other kinds of infections that can occur due to ingestion of contaminated food, insect bites and much more; there are several types of infections that can afflict the various parts of the body.
- Indirect Contact: There are many surfaces like sinks, faucets, keyboards, tables, door knobs and more, which can carry and pass on infections through contact. This is especially true for public places including public toilets which are the number one cause of UTI or urinary tract infection.
- Insect Bites: Fleas, tick, lice and even mosquitoes are all carriers of germs because they fly from one contaminated place to another, feasting on dirty and contaminated elements. A bite from one such insect can cause infections. Also, if we ingest food on which house flies and mosquitoes have been sitting, then we are risk of contracting infections.
- Food Contamination: Continuing from the point above, food and water contamination can lead to the travel of disease causing germs into your system which can spread infection. This can also happen when you eat old food that has not been stored under proper conditions, as there may be fungi or mould growing on it.
- Direct Contact: One of the causes of infection includes direct causes like contact with an infected person or animal. Coughing or sneezing on someone, getting bitten by an animal, or even mother to unborn child - there are many infections that can be spread in this manner.
Getting vaccinated on time can help in preventing many infections. This is especially important if you are travelling to various countries.
I am 21 years old female and from past three months. I have been getting a slight pain in the lower right side abdomen it pains for like 10-15 mins and goes away. No vomit or nausea or anything of that sort only that pain. It comes once in a month kind or two weeks once only n goes off in 10 mins. My periods are regular. What could be the case?
I am 24 years old and 2 years before I intimated many times but now I worry about it. I don't want anybody know about my sex relationship. Is there any way that I can hide all this after marriage?
Actually we had some sex but not directly now I got period yesterday but it was not like previously coming period now bleeding comes just light liquid in a day is dis indicates am I pregnant.
Body pains are becoming very common these days especially to those people whose jobs require constant walking, long hours of standing and heavy lifting of objects. And among the most common types of body pains is back pain. Young and old have their own stories to share about this ache that starts at the base of the skull and extends down to the back of the thighs. This type of pain can really affect the everyday activity.
There are many reasons behind the back pains people are suffering from. For older folks, there's intervertebral disc degeneration; this is when discs located between the vertebrae of the spine break down due to ageing. For the greater majority though, life activities and factors are mainly the culprit. For example, people's reliance on portable devices for entertainment and information has been proven by studies to be bad for the back. The amount of concentration necessary to operate these devices makes people less conscientious of their posture and other physical movements, says a researcher.
Holding the wrong posture for a long time places great strain on the back muscles and nerves. Another life component that contributes to the back pains people suffer from is clothing style. Those tight, skinny jeans and killer heels may look great, especially in emphasizing young people's slim silhouettes, but they are quite uncomfortable and put a lot of pressure or strain on the body's frame for being so snug.
People who wear skinny jeans often complain of lower back and knee pains. Meanwhile, women who often wear high heels tend to suffer from ankle pains that radiate all the way to the lower back. These are the reasons why there are many back pain sufferers.
Fortunately however, most people are doing something about their pains and turning to chiropractors for treatments. A chiropractor does not just apply the right chiropractic techniques for relief from back pains; he also restores and helps maintain patients' physical balance, allowing them to perform different activities well and safely. A chiropractor also designs the most appropriate treatment plan for patients who wish to improve the overall quality of their life.