Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Trivandrum and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. John Suresh Kumar
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. John Suresh KumarYour feedback matters!
I have acne on my face for more than 1 years, I too have acne on my chest and back, forehead It appears sometimes blackheads, sometimes red, sometimes red with pus. I have applied many facewash in past one after another (.garner powerlight, double action, acno fight, scrubs also. Please suggest me how to get rid of these acnes.
Hi I have some questions regarding the scars which is there in my body after I recovered from chicken pox on feb Could you please suggest how this scars will go.
Skin is the body's most expansive organ, but a few people know how to take care of their skin properly. Between media hype and amateur beauty tips, it is hard to differentiate between myths and reality. For example, should you splurge on an expensive moisturizer or not? Here's the truth behind three common beauty myths.
- You need sunscreen only when you're outdoors on a sunny day: Sunscreen should be applied everyday whether you're indoors or outdoors. It is a misconception that we are safe from the sun's UV rays when we're indoors. However, UV rays are of two types. While the UVB rays that causes sunburn are blocked by walls, we are still vulnerable to the UVA rays indoors. UVA rays are responsible for skin ageing and skin cancer. Similarly, on cloudy days, we are safe from UVB rays but still need protection from UVA rays. Ideally, your sunscreen should have a minimum SPF of 20-30. If you don't like applying makeup over sunscreen, pick makeup products that are enriched with SPF. You need to moisturize and tone your skin everyday.
- No two people have the same skin requirements: While it may work for a person with dry skin to moisturize their skin every day, this may be detrimental for someone with oily skin. If you have oily skin, look for a lotion instead of creams, but if your skin is dry, you definitely need a cream based moisturizer. Similarly, a toner is great for oily skin but can disturb the PH balance of dry skin. Also take a look at the climate before you moisturize your skin. Moisturizing your face regularly in a humid area can lead to breakouts, while using a toner in dry weather can make the skin rough.
- Makeup causes acne: Makeup aficionados can breathe a sigh of relief; wearing makeup for extended durations does not lead to acne. The way you use your makeup and the type of product you use are the villains here. Contrary to popular belief, foundation is designed not to be absorbed into skin pores but to form a layer over the skin. Using expired products is also one of the main causes of acne. The other reason makeup is thought to trigger acne is because, if you go to sleep with makeup on, you may wake up with a breakout. This is because not washing your face, clogs your skin pores with the day's grime and dirt.
Last week I asked one question still today I nt got answer please tell me reason. My question is I was a smoker coz of this my lips become black so please suggest me medication.
I have got a dark mark below the corners of my mouth. It appeared suddenly a month ago. What's causing it and how to treat it?
I had some skin infection in the pelvic region because of which it has become black and itches continuously. I hava also taken a medicine prescribed by a doctor for 3 weeks because of which there is less itching but the colour is same. What should I do?
Ayurveda is a system of medicine that is based on natural herbs and lifestyle changes. It is a holistic method that focuses on rooting out the cause rather than just focusing on the symptoms. This system of medicine is completely natural; hence there are no side effects.
If you wish to keep your skin healthy, then here are some ayurvedic tips to do that:
- Include nuts and seeds: It is very important that you include seeds and nuts in your diet; they contain omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for the body. These foods also help in preventing 'Vata' imbalance in the body and provide good content of healthy fats.
- Include vegetables: Include vegetables like cabbage, broccoli and carrots in your diet as they provide the body with essential nutrients. They contain antioxidants and trace elements such as zinc and folate that enhance your wellbeing.
- Tea: Consume green tea as it helps in boosting metabolism and improving your skin health. Add spices,such as ginger if you are affected by cold and cough, as it helps in alleviating the symptoms. It helps in improving the health of your skin.
- Exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis as it has multiple health benefits. It increases muscle mass in the body and helps maintain optimal weight levels. It also increases blood circulation in the body which is good for your skin. You can do a workout of basic yoga postures to avail the benefits of exercise.
- Meditate: Meditation has been shown to reduce stress levels in the body which is directly linked with skin health. Too much stress may lead to increased production of free radicals in the body, thus leading to skin damage. You may start off with basic breathing exercises, gradually moving on to other techniques such as mindfulness meditation.
- Sleep: Sleep is essential for good skin health as it revitalizes the body. You need to aim for at least six hours of sleep to reap its benefits. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Sir actually I am having cuts or they are known as scars since more than 10 years .in my childhood I got it on my face while playing if you want then I can send you a pic of it.
Constant use of makeup does have a telling effect on our skin. It is important to use makeup carefully according to your skin type. It is also important to remove all makeup before you hit the bed each night.
Few ways makeup can damage your skin are:
1. Makeup causes acne, nine out of ten times if not removed properly every night.
2. In some people, regular use of makeup also triggers reactions and allergies.
3. Regular use of makeup also leads to cancer and other chronic diseases.
4. Using low quality of makeup wrinkles the skin and you start looking much older than what you actually are.
Caution: if your skin is sensitive, always check with your dermatologist for any issues or advice before you buy and apply any beauty product.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.