Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Trivandrum. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. DevikaYour feedback matters!
I have gone through HSG test, and it started that I have arcuate uterus n my both fallopian tubes were patent, but my question is does arcuate uterus cause difficulty in getting pregnant? please reply and help me.
I always have unprotected sex with my girlfriend, what are the symptoms of pregnancy except missed periods as pregnancy test kit are showing negative result.
Mujhe pyas bilkul b nai lagti pani to Sara din me nai piya jata please help me koi med kuch ho jise pyas lage.
5. Dark chocolate
7. Green tea
11. Oat meal
12. Red wine
14. Pomegranates or Anaar
and don't forget to work out at least 3 times a week.
Hi, I am turning 26 next month. My problem is, i am not having periods properly since last 1 year. It only for last 2 days and 3rd day there is little spotting, no need to use sanitary pads. Even in first two days don't have much flow. I am not suffering from any disease neither am overweight, just have little anxiety because of office work. I take proper diet also. Still worried because earlier I had 4 days cycle. I just want to know is it normal or am thinking too much.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
I am 28 years old, married 2 and half year before, My one tube is blocked and other is ok. I have PCOD also. Pls let me the chances of Pregnancy?
What is cradle cap?
Cradle cap (infant seborrheic dermatitis) is scaly patches on a baby's scalp. Cradle cap isn’t serious, but it can cause thick crusting and white or yellow scales. Some babies can also have seborrheic dermatitis in the diaper area, and on the face, neck, and trunk. Cradle cap usually clears up within the first year.
What causes cradle cap?
Which children are at risk for cradle cap?
Babies between the ages of 3 weeks and 12 months are at greater risk of getting cradle cap.
What are the symptoms of cradle cap?
Symptoms can occur a bit differently in each child. They can include dry or greasy scales on the scalp. The scalp may also appear red. It usually does not itch.
How is cradle cap diagnosed?
Cradle cap is usually diagnosed based on a physical exam of your child. The rash involved with cradle cap is unique. It can usually be diagnosed by a physical exam.
How is cradle cap treated?
Treatment will depend on your child’s symptoms, age, and general health. It will also depend on how severe the condition is.
The problem will go away on its own over time. But most parents prefer treatment because it usually helps reduce or get rid of the problem. Even with treatment, the problem may come back during the baby’s first year of life. Treatment is usually effective in helping symptoms. It may include:
Special shampoo, as prescribed by your child’s healthcare provider
Corticosteroid cream or lotion for a short period of time if the problem is really bad or persistent
What can I do to prevent cradle cap in my child?
Cradle cap is common in young babies and does not point to poor hygiene or lack of care. The following may help prevent the buildup of scales on the scalp:
Use a soft bristled brush to remove the scales from the scalp.
Shampoo baby’s hair often.
Apply baby oil to the scalp after shampooing.
When should I call my child’s healthcare provider?
Most cases of cradle cap can be treated at home. If the problem doesn’t get better, you may ask your healthcare provider to prescribe an appropriate shampoo or cream. If the problem still does not get better with the prescribed medicine, tell your healthcare provider.
Key points about cradle cap
Cradle cap is scaly patches on a baby’s scalp.
Babies between ages 3 weeks and 12 months are at greater risk of getting cradle cap.
The problem will go away over time.
Most cases of cradle cap can be treated at home by using a soft-bristled brush, frequent shampooing, and applying baby oil.
I had unprotected sex and the next day I took an ipill. My periods came two days late and lasted barely three days. Could the bleeding be spotting? The bleeding started 7 days after the date of intercourse and I was supposed to get my periods 5 days after that date.
Thyme is one of the most famous herbs from the mint family. It is a common herb present in every spice set for garnishing and flavouring of the dish. In fact, apart from its modern-day use, it had been used by Egyptians in the process of mummification as well as by the Greeks as a form of incense. However, apart from its culinary uses, it is gaining a reputation as one of the most useful ingredients with several medicinal properties. Some of these medicinal properties are highlighted below.
- Regulates Blood Pressure: When it comes to blood pressure, consumption of salt and maintaining a balanced level of cholesterol are the two important things to keep a lookout for. Thyme itself can be used as a substitute for salt. Though the taste would not be quite the same without a trace of salt in the dish, but at least it would benefit your health and keep a balanced level of salt and cholesterol in your body. This would help you in maintaining a balanced blood pressure and also prevent you from falling prey to any kind of heart disease or even diabetes for that matter.
- Controls cough and cold: If you feel that you are about to experience an attack of a cough and cold due to seasonal changes or whatever reason, do not forget to keep some thyme at hand. You can make thyme paste and rub it onto your chest. The vapours coming out of it would help in curing cough. Further, thyme oils can always be used for a chest massage or can be rubbed onto the sides of your nostrils. Moreover, drinking warm thyme infused tea helps you in recovering faster.
- Boosts immunity: To maintain a proper immune system the body needs, vitamins, minerals, water and various other elements. With thyme being a rich source of vitamin C and Vitamin A apart from having the benefits of iron, manganese, copper and fibre, it is not unusual to know that it boosts the immune system in an individual. Thus, thyme is often consumed in a small quantity with at least one or two dishes of the day. This makes sure that the quantity of thyme entering your body is regulated and is just enough to provide you with all the necessary elements.
- Acts as a disinfectant: Mould is an element present in the air which not only causes air pollution but can be fatal to human health. In fact, it hurts those with asthma even more than regular people. One of the easiest ways to get rid of moulds in the air is to regularly use thyme oil in your house. Thyme oil acts as a disinfectant and helps in reducing the concentration of moulds in the air.
- Used for therapeutic purposes: Carvacrol is a substance present in thyme which helps it in making a mark as an important compound in aromatherapy. Many essential oils are made of thyme essence. These essential oils are not only used on the skin for massages but also used as incense and de-stressors.
Thus, these are some of the most important uses of thyme apart from adding flavouring to some of your favourite dishes.
Do you have a habit of secretly picking your nose? This is a very common bad habit, which many people carry out, in spite of it being a habit which is frowned upon. There is a certain amusement that people seem to enjoy about picking the nose. However, on top of being a very unhealthy and unhygienic habit, it is harmful for the body as well.
Why should you stop picking your nose?
Picking your nose is quite dangerous for your body. Your fingers contain many harmful germs, which are transmitted into your nostrils when you are digging into your nose. A specific germ known as Staphylococcus aureus can live in the front part of your nose. Combining the habit of nose picking along with the germs, may lead to the development of abrasions. These abrasions can bleed and promote more germs. As a result, the crust and irritation increase the more you keep on picking your nose. Based on where you are and what you have touched with your hands, some seriously dangerous germs may enter your body, causing health hazards and complications.
Children are notorious by nature and it is very common among children to pick their nose resulting in nose bleeding. The blood supply to the nose is quite vigorous in nature and there are five arteries that reach to the front part of the nose or Kisselbach’s plexus. When an abrasion takes place, there are chances of severe bleedings, due to damage to these fragile arteries.
Picking your nose may lead to the development of pimples in the nose hair follicles.
In case a small pimple in the nose develops into a boil, the infection may travel to the brain through your bloodstream.
In case you are suffering from cold and your sinus is blocked, picking your nose may lead to the development of sinusitis. This happens because of the introduction of various bacteria present beneath your fingernails into the nose. They may proceed to the sinus cavity from your nose. Due to insufficient drainage, the bacteria will multiply and cause a sinus infection.
Picking your nose on a regular basis makes your nose a breeding group of dangerous germs. If you do not wash your hands after picking your nose, these germs may be transmitted to others.
If you feel some irritation in your nose or feel a constant stuffiness, you should use a tissue paper to soothe your nostrils. Avoid using your fingers for picking and if the irritation lasts even after cleaning it, you should consult a doctor.
Here are some tips to help you reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes.
Check your risk of diabetes. Take the life! risk assessment test and learn more about your risk of developing type 2 diabetes. A 12+ score indicates that you are at high risk and may be eligible for the life! program - a free victorian lifestyle modification program that helps you reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
Manage your weight. Excess body fat, particularly if stored around the abdomen, can increase the body’s resistance to the hormone insulin. This can lead to type 2 diabetes.
Exercise regularly. Moderate physical activity on most days of the week helps manage weight, reduce blood glucose levels and may also improve blood pressure and cholesterol.
Eat a balanced, healthy diet. Reduce the amount of fat in your diet, especially saturated and trans fats. Eat more fruit, vegetables and high-fibre foods. Cut back on salt.
Limit takeaway and processed foods. convenience meals are usually high in salt, fat and kilojoules. It's best to cook for yourself using fresh ingredients whenever possible.
Limit your alcohol intake. Too much alcohol can lead to weight gain and may increase your blood pressure and triglyceride levels. Men should have no more than two standard drinks a day and women should have no more than one.
Quit smoking. Smokers are twice as likely to develop diabetes as non-smokers.
Control your blood pressure. Most people can do this with regular exercise, a balanced diet and by keeping a healthy weight. In some cases, you might need medication prescribed by your doctor.
Reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease. Diabetes and cardiovascular disease have many risk factors in common, including obesity and physical inactivity.
See your doctor for regular check-ups. As you get older, it's a good idea to regularly check your blood glucose, blood pressure and blood cholesterol levels.type diabetes
Hi I am 15 weeks pregnant and today something hit on my stomach, is this harmful to my baby? should I go to the doctor?
I use to do fingering daily. Is it will responsible for any problem in my sex life in future. Should I do fingering daily. If not, how many times in what duration should I do it? And can you please suggest me suggestion to get rid of it?
My mother is 54 yr old before 10months ago she notice a tumor on left under arm after biopsy and ct scan doctors said she is suffering from breast cancer and a 2inch tumor is in her right breast. Is it iv stage cancer? but in iv stage cancer will reoccurrence.
Hi. I am 27 years old. We are planning for a baby .usually my menstrual cycle will happen normally (31 days). But this time I got period on 40th day. Is there any particular reason for period delay.
10 Tips to Maintain Healthy Teeth :
“Be true to your teeth, they won’t be false to you.”
- Brushing :
- Brush your teeth twice a day.
- Night brushing is very important, because during sleep our mouth is at rest so there are more chances of accumulation of bacteria which cause further cavities and leads to disturbance in the oral cavity.
- Follow a proper brushing technique.
2. Use a good fluoridated toothpaste with a right toothbrush. Toothpaste should have 1000ppm of fluoride and toothbrush should have a small and narrow head with soft bristles.
3. Flossing :
- Flossing helps to remove food stuck in between your teeth.
- It can be done daily or 2-3 times a week.
- Waxed dental flosses available in market are of Oral B, Colgate.
4. Interdental Brush:
- If the spaces between the teeth are wide, you can use an interdental brush.
5. Oral Irrigation:
- Now-a-days, a new dental aid is added which helps to clean the teeth, interdental areas, inside the gums and below the crowns more easily.
- It is also known as dental “Water flosser” or “Oral irrigator” available in brands like waterpik, panasonic etc.
6. Drink plenty of water and rinse after every meal.
7. Clean your tongue surface daily.
8. Pit and Fissure Sealants:
- The grinding teeth in a person mouth erupt at 12-16 years of age. They have deep grooves and pits in which food gets stuck. A Sealant is applied to these teeth which makes the grooves shallow and prevents food and bacteria from getting into the teeth and causing decay
9 .Whitening - Home Remedies :
- Add a pinch of baking soda in drinking water and rinse twice a day.
- Consume strawberries once a day or crushed strawberries applied to teeth helps as teeth whitener.
10.Visit your dentist every 6 months and get your scaling (cleaning) and polishing done.
Dr. Puja Bansal - Prudent International Health Clinic, Kalyani nagar, Pune.