Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Trivandrum and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Balachandran NairYour feedback matters!
If X ray is normal. Should I go for ct scan. There is continuous pain in my chest at centre and while I take deep breath.
cholesterol total-179 triglyceride-391 hdl-70 ldl-111 vldl-78.2 hdl ratio-2.6 ldl ratio-1.5 vit b12-139.30 vit d-23.60 plzz advice what medication I hv to take.
I am 40 years old. Suffering from achalaxia cardiac (esophagus). Since last 5 yrs. Its very painful & costly treatment for me. What I do now. Plse help me sir.
Hi, I am 31, 53 kgs, my LDL is 176, what are the possible effects of it on my health, do I need to worry? What further investigation is needed? I experience chest pain at times.
I am diabetic 2 & gone heart stent two years back with normal diabetes taking glimp mp 1 and for heart rosuvastatin 20, prolomet xl 50, clopivas150, cobadex. Can I do exercise and slow jogging in the morning.
Never waste time for a possible heart attack patient.
Admit only to a hospital which has cardiac angiography or plasty felicities.
Every minute is crucial.
It saves a lot of time, and can save his/her life.
If not available, admit only under a cardiac physician or to a hospital having
My blood pressure result is 140-80 mg/dl, is it high or normal? Am feeling dizziness when am standing and walking.
My marriage is 8 years running from last two months I have not interested in sex I want to do sex but I can't if I do that last for hardly 2 minutes. My cholesterol is little bit high. So please suggest me I am always in tension.
His father is a diabetic patient and bypass done before five year back. He hav some sugar prob now. Is their any chance to heart problem.
What is Aortic aneurysm?
The heart is the most important muscle in your body, and its primary job is to pump the blood across. The aorta is the largest blood vessel of the human body and is used by the heart to push the blood along. The Aorta is also one of the strongest vessels, but in some cases, due to the wear and tear condition the walls can weaken and bulge in what is called an aortic aneurysm. This can cause a rupture of the vessels as a result of which, blood gets leaked into the body.
Types of Aortic aneurysm:
There are two known types of aortic aneurysms. One of which is located in the chest and is known as the thoracic aortic aneurysm, and the one which forms in the abdomen is called an abdominal aortic aneurysm.
Thoracic aortic aneurysm
There are many causes of the Thoracic aortic aneurysm. Genes play a significant role in increasing the chances. The other factors can include high blood pressure, high cholesterol, infections and blockages in the arteries. Sometimes a traumatic injury due to an accident can also lead to the condition. The biggest disadvantage of the disease is that the symptoms do not occur in the early stages and only in their chronic stages they appear. Some of the symptoms include chest or back pain, difficulty in breathing, shortness of a breath and persistent cough. Diagnosis can be made by an X-ray, CT scan, and ultrasound. Medications can help to an extent in relieving the pain and symptoms but however, in some extreme cases surgery is required. During the surgery, a synthetic tube replaces the damaged artery- as a result of which the blood gets channelled without any hindrances.
Abdominal aortic aneurysm
In the case of an abdominal aortic aneurysm, the aorta that passes through your abdomen gets damaged. As in the event of the Thoracic aortic aneurysm, there are no visible symptoms initially. Symptoms if they appear can include a deep back pain and persistent pain the side of the abdomen. Dizziness and weightlessness can also be other factors. Once again as in the case of the Thoracic aortic aneurysm, high blood pressure and cholesterol levels can be the risk factors. The problem also gets aggravated when the person is a frequent smoker and drinker. The diagnosis can happen through an X-ray, CT scan or an ultrasound. Once diagnosed, medications can heal the symptoms to an extent. Routine checkups are usually done to check the condition. In the cases where the bulge is bigger, surgeries are done to relieve the damaged part.
As with many cases, a good lifestyle change and healthy habits can keep many of the conditions in check. The same goes for an aortic aneurysm too. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
My lipid profile, echo cardiograph and treadmill test are normal. Kya mujhe heart failure ka khatra hai. In Ecg first degree av block. PR 228.
Postural Tachycardia Syndrome or POTS, what this condition entails is a sudden and abnormal increase in the heart beat of an individual, causing them difficulty in breathing, dizziness, and even blackouts.
There are some factors that can trigger the situation and stem the sudden rise in the heart beat. Meeting with a medical expert may help bring the situation under control.
What is Postural Tachycardia Syndrome?
Postural Tachycardia Syndrome or POTS is a cardiovascular condition that is caused due to the sudden shift from an upright position to a supine position or vice versa. It is this sudden increase in heartbeat of an individual that is referred to as Tachycardia.
The longer you overlook this condition, the bigger is the trouble you are putting your health in. This is when it becomes extremely important for you to get in touch with a medical expert, who can offer you perfect consultancy, diagnose the causes and also find a result for the same.
What Causes POTS?
According to medical specialists, there are some factors that this condition stems from and it all differs from one person to the other. Some of the most common causes of the condition are-
- Joint Hypermobility Syndrome
- Faulty Gene
- Siogren’s Syndrome
Signs of Postural Tachycardia Syndrome:
There are multiple signs that indicate that an individual is stricken by Postural Tachycardia Syndrome. Some of the more common signs and symptoms include:
- Orthostatic Hypotension: Orthostatic Hypotension refers to the sudden increase in the heart beat by at least 30 beats per minute, within or after 10 minutes of rising up from a sitting or lying down position. Though the condition increases the heart rate, it does not trigger any drop or rise in blood pressure. Certain medications used to diminish this effect often extend some side effects, such as lightheadedness, palpitation, difficulty to breath, discomfort in the chest, weakness, heaviness in the chest area, nausea, cognitive difficulties and also stain on the vision.
- Effects in Response to Postural Change: Almost one-third of the people with Postural Tachycardia Syndrome are noticed to faint as a result of the increased heartbeat, almost 40 beats minutes, instead of the chance in postural position. Other symptoms under this head include a headache, migraine, disturbance in sleep, fatigue, acrocyanosis or blood pooling in feet, etc.
- Ehlers- Danlos Syndrome (EDS): Sometimes POTS is found to coexist in an individual with other conditions, such as EDS. This condition makes an individual prone to dislocation of bones, greater laxity in skin, loose- clicking joints, chronic fatigue, reduced level of tolerance towards any exercise, etc. According to medical specialists, though these are common symptoms of POTS, there might also be other signs. These signs and symptoms differ from one person to the other.
When Should You Consult a Doctor?
The moment you experience a POTS attack or for that matter notice some of the symptoms of the condition, it is time for you to consult a medical expert. The doctor will give you valued consultation, as well as diagnose the condition properly, thus finding the best treatment and suitable medication for you.
I have sometimes chest pain for very rare case I m 21 year old n take cig at an avg of 2 days for 2 year is it the reason if not then y.
My age is 34 years with 62 kg weight. I have low bp problem (60/90). Please give your opinion to get normal bp and also tell what type of precaution should be taken by me ?
My brother have conjunction in chest. Dr. Gave injection for 5 days. But after 5 days he not feel well.please help
I am 60 years of age and I have genetic cardiac problem and on medicine since long. How can I improve my HDL level which is 35 now, where as it should be above 40, other parameters are o. K.
I have preeclampsia, in pregnancy my bp rises, and stop my baby's growth, finally he died in overy. Can any one have a idea before I conceive to face that problem or reduce these permanently. Please Give me ans.
Chest pain may be caused by multiple problems within the body and while being a problem in itself, may also be a symptom of a bigger underlying problem. Chest pain may be caused by anything from simple chest congestion due to a cold to something far more serious such as the onset of a heart attack. While it is important that life style changes be made to prevent major issues, homeopathy can provide relief for many symptoms till extensive medical steps are taken to correct the problem.
Some causes of chest pain
2. Onset of a heart attack
4. Weakness of the arteries
5. Weakness of the heart muscle
8. Chest congestion or cold
Symptoms associated with chest pain
- Stable angina – Vice like constriction or choking, pain may be spread to right or left arm or both, dyspnoea before pain.
- Unstable angina – Chest pain occurs at rest.
- Pericarditis – Pain radiates to the left side of the shoulder which gets worse by lying in a flat position.
- Pneumothorax – Severe chest pain along with shortness of breath, cyanosis, restlessness and collapse.
- Pneumonia – Sharp pain which, gets worse by taking deep breath and coughing.
- Pulmonary embolism – Short rapid breathing, sharp pain in middle of the chest that is worse by deep breathing.
- Gastroesophagial reflux disease – Difficult painful swallowing, pain in the middle of chest which, extends to neck, back and shoulders.
- Myocardial – Vomiting, dyspnoea features of shock, profuse sweating, fever, low blood pressure, pulse small rapid and irregular
Homeopathic remedies for various kinds of chest pain
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which a patient is suffering.
The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat chest pain, but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility of the patient. For this patient’s current symptoms, past medical history and family history are taken into account. There are many homeopathic remedies which cover the symptoms of chest pain and can be selected on the basis of cause, location, sensation, modalities and extension of the pain. For individualized remedy selection and treatment of chest pain, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. In medical emergencies like myocardial infarction and pulmonary embolism, immediate hospitalization is usually required. Some important remedies are given below for the treatment of chest pain:
- Arnica mont. – Chest pain with sore and bruised feeling.
- Ranunculus b. – Good remedy for intercostal rheumatism, sharp stitching pain in the chest along with dyspnoea.
- Kali carb. – Stitching pain in the chest, which gets worse between 2-3 A.M
- Actea racemosa. – Pain worse on the right side.
- Bryonia – Chest pain is of stitching, burning and stabbing in nature, is worse by motion and better by rest and pressure. Thirst for large quantities of water and dryness of mucous membranes often accompanies.
- Rumex c. – Sharp stitching pain through the left lung, often with cough.
- Stannum – Knife like stitches, worse on bending forward and left side.
- Phosphorus – Violent tickling cough, chest pain due to tuberculosis of lungs or pneumonia along with oppression of the chest.
- Aconite – Chest pain due to pneumonia of first stage along with anxiety and restlessness.
- Robinia – Burning pain behind sternum due to hyperacidity.
- Strophanthus – Chest pain is of stitching and twitching in nature and often of cardiac origin. If you wish to discuss about any spIfecific problem, you can consult a homeopath.