Doctor in Dr.RK's Laser Skin Care Center
Weight Loss Treatment
Laser Hair Removal
Treatment of Dull Skin
Mole Removal Procedure
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Pigmented Skin
Treatment of Scarred Skin
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Cracked Foot
Treatment Of Age Spots
Treatment of Blisters
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr.RK's Laser Skin Care CenterYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. S Radhakrishnan Nair to be knowledgeable and prompt. Thanks! I will do as suggested.
Hello my problem is my skin tone of the butt is more darker than the other part of the body its very dark, Please suggest me what I should do about this is there is cream I should use.
Hair transplant is a surgical procedure where hair is surgically implanted on the head. You can opt for this procedure if you suffer from hair loss and bald spots on your head. The surgery comprises of shifting hair follicles from one part of the head to another. Mostly, hair follicles from back of the head are relocated to the balding areas.
The reasons when may opt for a hair transplant are -
1. Involutional alopecia
It is a form of alopecia where the hair growth tends to decrease due to ageing resulting in thinning and shorter hair. The follicles remain in the telogen phase (resting phase) for an extended amount of time. You may opt for a hair transplant surgery to correct this disorder.
2. Male pattern baldness (Androgenic alopecia)
Androgenic alopecia is a condition which is characterized by a gradual receding hairline, especially along the temples. This is caused due to the testosterone hormone being converted in to Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) which causes shrinking of the hair follicles. If you are affected by male pattern baldness, then you may opt for a hair transplant surgery.
3. Female pattern baldness
Females may also be affected by baldness which is characterized by loss of hair from the top of the head and gradual thinning of hair. It may lead to self-esteem issues; so opting for a hair transplant surgery is recommended.
4. Traction alopecia
This type of hair loss occurs due to exertion of external pressure on the hair which may cause it to fall. If the hair does not grow back then it would result in a bald patch. Thus you may opt for a hair transplant procedure if you suffer from this disorder and experience loss of hair.
This is a psychological condition where a person pulls out his/her hair. If excessive hair is lost resulting in bald spots, then you may opt for hair transplant surgery.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
PRP is a latest, state-of-the-art technology that employs non-surgical methods to stimulate hair growth in case of hair loss.Advancements in research have enabled scientists to make new inroads in the field of wound and tissue healing. The result of these researches is PRP, which is a natural way to rejuvenate your scalp, skin and stimulate your hair growth.
How PRP works?
The presence of mesenchymal stem cells and autologous blood products in human blood contain specific growth factors that assist in tissue regeneration and healing. PRP has been used to heal skin and wounds for over two decades now. Apart from this it finds use in oral surgery, cosmetic surgery and neurosurgery as well. It is also the promising treatment to promote hair growth.
- It is a progressive healing treatment that doesn't require surgery
- Simple, rapid and highly effective system
- Autologous (from patient's own blood)
- The system is biocompatible and xeno-free, so there shouldn't be any safety concerns
- Increase in the concentration of platelets can be observed
- It helps in the elimination of undesired erythrocytes, which significantly decrease the fibroblast proliferation
- Contains growth factors that help in the stimulation of growth of the hair follicles
- Can be performed preoperatively, intraoperatively, or post operatively
The Science of PRP
There are special cells called platelets used in PRP, that have been theoretically proved to stimulate hair follicles growth by stimulating stem cells and other important cells in the ecosystem of the follicles. They are instrumental in promoting the healing ability and regeneration of cells, formation of new cells and response to injury. PRP stimulates inactive or newly implanted hair follicles, and makes them active by inducing them into a growth phase.
Platelets are known to contain various structures, which are crucial for blood clotting and cell regeneration, and are released during the repair process by the body. Some of these structures are: glycogen, alpha granules and lysosomes.
Who should not have PRP treatment?
Those with heavy drug and smoking issue should avoid PRP. Also those who drink a lot of alcohol should avoid PRP. Those suffering from platelets related ailments, sepsis, chronic liver disease, thrombocytopenia, hyperfibrinogenemia, systemic disorders and cancer should also stay away from PRP.
At length, PRP is a boon for all those who aren't fans of surgery or the ones who prefer a more aggressive but non-surgical approach for treatment to their ailments. The results might vary from patient to patient, but it is certainly one of the most promising technologies to stimulate hair growth and rejuvenate your skin, and the results are quite convincing. So decide wisely! Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
Aging is natural and inevitable. But today, sun damage and pollution are speeding up the process of aging. As your skin ages, you might start feeling terrible about your appearance. Luckily, modern technology and science have a solution to that. Nowadays, there are too many anti-aging treatments available, and Botox and fillers are the latest craze. And it could get confusing for some people to correctly distinguish between them. Read on to know more about what both these anti wrinkle treatments are all about and what they do for you.
What is Botox?
Botox is made from the neurotoxin named botulinum toxin. Botox injections basically freeze the muscles under wrinkles.
What are its advantages?
Some advantages of Botox include
1. The muscles are relaxed, which makes the skin seem tighter and smoother
2. Lines on your forehead, between (furrow lines) and around your eyes (crow’s feet) are best treated with Botox and hence are considered the best skin tightening treatment.
What are its disadvantages?
Botox has certain disadvantages as well, such as
1. Finer lines cannot be fixed with Botox which makes it a non-inclusive treatment
2. There are side effects of using Botox, such as droopy eyelids, facial pain, muscle weakness or eyelid swelling.
What are fillers?
Wrinkle fillers are injected under the skin to give volume and fill out wrinkles, thus smoothening them and making the skin look younger. Fillers usually contain natural acids such as hyaluronic acid, or synthetic acids like silicone. Collagen fillers can also be used.
What are its advantages?
The advantages of fillers include
1. They are non-invasive
2. The procedure doesn’t take too much time
3. Side effects are hardly severe and often lessen on their own
4. Fillers need less time for recovery
5. Fillers are best for fine lines around the nose and lip. Also laugh lines are better treated with fillers.
What are its disadvantages?
Some disadvantages of fillers include
1. More than one course is needed for optimum results
2. Skin weakness is a common side effect which leads to scarring
3. Deep wrinkles and scarring cannot be resolved with fillers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic Physician.
Fat and cellulite though different forms of the fat cells must be eliminated from the body when in excess so that you can lead a better and healthier life. While removal of deep tissue fat which resides underneath skin is possible with many therapies, the cellulite which resides loosely adhered to the skin just under it, is stubborn and tough to remove. That is why effective treatment methods like Endermology have been brought into practice since the 1980s. This is the first cellulite and fat removal treatment, which has been approved by the FDA too.
This is a non invasive treatment, and is a painless and permanent solution against cellulite wherein no scarring or surgery is done. To prepare the body for the treatment, one must follow the below 5 methods, which will let the effect of the treatment to be more visible and faster.
Get cellulite massages
The cellulite removal endermologic massage is a special treatment, which is done with the help of two rollers and a vacuum suction machine. The rollers roll or knead the skin and create a suction force in the loose skin superficially. This makes the fat cells in the body under the skin, release the cellulite. The warmth of the massage initiates lymphatic flow, and good blood circulation in the body, thus increasing fat metabolism.
Maintain regularity of massages
The treatment has a schedule, and the best results are obtained only when you maintain regularity. You cannot skip the sessions. 14-28 sessions are required initially within 1-2 weeks. This has to be done as suggested by the health and massage expert. From the 6th session onwards, results will start to get visible gradually.
Stay hydrated for the massage
It's a mandate that you keep hydration levels in the body optimum to receive full benefits from the Endermology massage treatment. Ideally, 5 cups of water intake is must before you start a session.
HIFU Treatment- the next level
High-Intensity Focalized Ultrasound is the next level of treatment, wherein the ultrasound waves are targeted on the skin areas at thighs, abdomen, waist, hips, buttocks, etc., which contain cellulite. This ruptures the deep-laid fat cells, and then the fat is induced to get drained through the lymphatic system.
Maintain healthy lifestyle and diet
A healthy lifestyle with no liquor and smoking, no late nights or drug abuse, and no stress, etc. is needed. Diet has to be a low calorie, balanced diet, and all junk and oily food filled with unsaturated fats must be avoided. Light exercises or moderate to heavy as per the capacity of the body must be encouraged to see the effects of endermology to become permanent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
An increase in your body weight can be due to many factors. But excessive weight gain usually leads to future complications in the form of life-threatening diseases, such as obesity, heart problems, depression among others. It can also hamper your self-confidence when you see your flabby body in the mirror. Clothes may no longer fit and you may feel your self-esteem dipping.
However, there is no reason for you to feel let down since there are so many ways to lose that extra weight. One of those many ways are certain non-surgical methods, such as:
Ultrasound lipolysis is the newest technology among non-surgical methods to reduce fat. Ultrasound lipolysis or U-Lipo is painless as it uses ultrasound wave energy to break down the fat cells into simpler fluids which the body can naturally metabolise. This method is very selective and you can only use it to reduce fat in your chin, face, lower back, upper back, calf, arms, thighs, hips and tummy.
1. Results of U-Lipo are immediate and you can lose up to 10 centimetres of your problem areas after a single treatment.
2. The application of low frequency ultrasound waves makes the treatment painless and absolutely safe.
3. Compared to other non-surgical treatments, U-Lipo is much more affordable.
Endermology uses a vacuum suction to deeply massage the subcutaneous tissue (the innermost skin layer) and skin to reduce the appearance of cellulite. However, the effects are temporary and you may require multiple treatments.
1. It is painless since it is non-invasive procedure
2. Stimulates the fat cells and increases production of elastin and collagen
3. Sculpts your figure and firms your skin
Mesotherapy is a non-surgical weight loss method that aims to melt fat using injections. It is increasingly popular. A solution comprising of natural nutrients breaks down the fat cells which your body later gets rid of.
1. The procedure is non-invasive
2. No general anaesthesia is needed
3. Boosts blood circulation in the treated areas
4. If combined with a healthy lifestyle, effects can be long-lasting. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic Physician.
Is there anybody who is happy with their body? Definitely not! Almost everyone wants to lose weight. While some want to reduce their overall weight, others are concerned about their thighs, arms, buttocks, and/or belly and get rid of the fat accumulated in these areas. The last couple of decades have seen a drastic change in the lifestyle of people.
With more processed and refined items finding their way into each of our meals and physical activity drastically declining, the new epidemic is obesity. No germs causing it, but our foods. Extensive research is being done to identify newer methods to manage obesity. The complicating issue is also that once lost, the chance of fat re-accumulation always exists. One such new technique is the ultrasonic lipolysis. This technique involves the use of ultrasound waves to kill the fat cells (lipo - fat, lysis - kill). This is a noninvasive method wherein localized fat deposits are reduced, especially in areas like the abdomen, hips, thighs, upper arm, and buttocks. This is an advanced technique available to patients who want to achieve weight loss
and body contouring.
How it works: The fat that is consumed through foods is digested but then accumulates under the skin. The accumulated fat is seen as fat globules or bubbles. These bubbles are difficult to break but attract more fat bubble formation and therefore fat accumulation continues over a period of time. After a detailed case history and examination, a customized programme is
drawn that could be of 3 to 5 sessions spread over a period of one to two weeks.
During each session, heat waves of different wavelengths are applied to the area of fat deposition through fiber-optic lasers. The sound energy gets converted into mechanical energy which helps in bursting of the fat molecules. By a process known as emulsification, the larger fat cells are broken into smaller ones, almost to a liquid form, thereby reducing fat deposits.
Benefits of this include:
3. Improves body contour
4. Reduces body circumference
5. Muscle toning and firming
6. Localized body shaping
Earlier, liposuction was used which would remove the fat leaving sagging skin behind. New research has shown that a combination of lipolysis and liposuction can produce the best results. There is no sagging of the skin in these patients,
and as an added advantage, there is also skin firming indirectly when lipolysis is done.
Studies have shown that obesity is linked to increased morbidity with higher incidence of cardiovascular disease, stroke, and paralysis. It is therefore, extremely essential that both women and men do all that is possible to reduce weight and fight obesity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Freckles are skin cells (keratinocytes) that contain melanin, which is a brown colored skin pigment. The skin cells are otherwise very normal, so the spots can't be felt since they are flat. They don't cause lumps in the skin but they are quite visible.
Here are some of the methods and home remedies with which you can get rid of your freckles:
- Prevent your face from the sun: This is the best approach to get rid of freckles. Wear caps with wide overflows so your face is in shadow. Attempt to abstain from going outside when the sun is high in the sky since this is the time when you get the most UV radiation. If you do go out, try to stay in the shade. Also wear sunscreens with SPF 50 constantly, without fail.
- Lemon juice To bleach freckles away: Lemon juice is one of the best natural bleaches. Use the juice from crisp crushed lemons; delicately apply the juice onto the freckled regions. Be careful not to put the juice in your eyes. Leave the juice on for ten to fifteen minutes and wash off with warm water. You will need to do this twice every day for a few weeks before the spots vanish.
- Even out the skin color: Conceal the freckles by darkening the rest of the skin normally. Castor oil - an old solution for everything from blockages to upset stomachs - is fabulous for adding a light tan shading to the skin.
- A sake facial mask works fast: It causes the freckles to blur away quickly, since skin cell turnover rate is around three weeks. If you can keep the most reduced layer of cells from getting a considerable measure of melanin, the spots will be gone soon.
- Sour cream facial peels: Sour cream contains lactic corrosive, which are an exceptionally tender peeling operator. Apply the sharp cream to the freckled regions and keep it there for ten minutes.
- Fruit flavored facial peels: Use squashed strawberries and kiwi or cucumbers for a facial cover to create a peel. Banana crushed with mint leaves gives you a peel as well.
- Honey and lemon juice: Honey holds water and moisturizes the skin. It contains chemicals that are skin-lightening agents. Mixed with lemon squeeze, this is an extremely affective strategy to get rid of your freckles.
- Add nutrients to your skin while lightening freckles: Vitamin E oil not just blurs spots quick, it contains supplements that saturate your skin and keep it sound.
- Eating your way to fewer freckles: Vitamin C (citrus extract) in your eating routine helps your skin, pretty much as it does when you apply it to your face. If your skin is excessively delicate for lemon juice, then ensure you eat a lot of citrus product.
- Business bleaching creams with natural ingredients: Over-the-counter skin brightening creams that contain hydroquinone and oxybenzone can prove to be extremely effective. Common fixings, for example, bearberry, aloe, mulberry and different herbs are calming to the skin and help the spots without risk. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.
The development of breasts is one of the most prominent physical difference between the structure of a man and a woman. In some cases, hormonal imbalances can cause enlargement of the male breast gland, which is known as gynecomastia. Apart from being a cause for embarrassment, it is also associated with a number of medical conditions such as kidney failure and liver cirrhosis. However, there is little need to worry if you have been diagnosed with such a condition as it can easily be treated with dietary changes, medication and surgery. Among these, surgery is the only method of treatment that guarantees a permanent and immediate solution to the problem.
Surgical treatment for gynecomastia is of two types
The type of surgery suitable for you will depend on a number of factors including the extent and type of gynecomastia.
Liposuction involves the removal of fat from the breast, but does not touch the breast tissue itself. For this surgery, a surgeon makes a small incision on either side of the chest or along the edge of the areola. Excessive fat is then removed through these incisions and the skin and remaining tissue is then restructured. Liposuction can take anywhere between a week and 3 weeks for complete recovery. In the meanwhile, the patient must wear a compression garment to minimize the swelling and support the chest tissue as it heals.
A mastectomy on the other hand is used to remove the breast tissue. A mastectomy is performed endoscopically and hence is less invasive. In this case, the incisions are located around the edge of the areola or in the natural crease of the chest. A mastectomy requires a shorter recovery period. In some cases, a combination of the two techniques may also be used.
The results of both surgical approaches can be seen immediately after the surgery. Slight soreness and pain is a common side effect of this procedure and can be relieved with pain medication. Some men may also experience a temporary loss of sensation over the treated area.
Though the results of both types of surgeries are permanent, it is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle after the surgery. Unhealthy eating that leads to significant weight gain can make the problem recur. Use of steroids or medication that affects the testosterone levels in the body and certain medical conditions can also lead to recurring gynecomastia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.
Breast enlargement is a cosmetic surgery where you get implants in the breasts to make them look larger than their actual size, to change the shape of the breasts, or perhaps to make you breasts look even. There are two types of breast enlargements:
- Silicone Implants: These implants are filled with silicone insides. The silicone gel might be soft or firm. Some of the silicone implants might also have a coating of polyurethane. Silicone implants aren't prone to getting wrinkled. If the gel is soft silicone, then it gives softness to the breasts which feel natural. The ones which are coated with polyurethane claim to reduce the risk of suffering from capsular contracture as well as implant rotating. There is always a risk of rupture in the capsule which might cause the silicone to flow out and spread in your breast, causing siliconomas. Usually the firm gel implant is used to avoid this condition.
- Saline Implants: The implants are filled with saline solution. So even if it ruptures, the saline is absorbed by the body. It might also pass out of your body. The only problem with saline implants is they deflate or rupture faster than silicone implants. They are also prone to getting wrinkled.
Where are they placed?
The implants are usually placed in a position between the breast and the chest muscles. They might also be placed behind these muscles. It looks more natural when placed in between the two muscles.
How Long do They Last?
These implants will not stay for life. They will require replacements after 10 years minimum. Most women get surgeries done in case their breasts have changed in shape around the implants.
How long will it take to recover from the surgery?
It usually takes a few weeks to recover fully from an implant surgery. Doctors might advise you to stay home for a week or two, and to avoid driving. They might also ask you to wear sports bras for a few months. If your stitches aren't dissolvable, then they have to be removed after a week. Probably you can return to your daily activities after a six week gap. In a few months time your breasts will start looking normal and they will feel natural.
You might feel a temporary pain accompanied with swelling as well as bruising. Your chest will also feel tight for a few weeks. Talk to a doctor before taking any further step so that he is able to explain the entire procedure to you.