Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Trichy. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SridharYour feedback matters!
1) Multitasking: Multitasking is a myth. Everything that you want to do needs your extended focus to bring it to completion. While we might feel we can do many things and achieve a lot within a stipulated time, what we don't realize is that we lose time switching between tasks particularly when the tasks are new or complex. It takes a while to go back to where you left something off. Try avoiding it.
2) Getting bored: You tend to get easily distracted when you are on a dull task. It is difficult to focus if you are not interested in what you are doing.When you are bored, everything else is more appealing. There are two ways to beat it. One, you can bribe yourself into reaching a certain milestone by keeping a reward at the end of it. Two - schedule breaks. It will ensure that you will be refreshed.
3) Living in the past or future: We cannot focus on the present if we keep revisiting what somebody did in the past or do not stop worrying about an event that hasn't even occurred yet. These mental distractions cannot be pinned but take a lot of our bandwidth. They don't let us concentrate. Best way is to make conscious effort at dismissing such thoughts. Training yourself to meditate is also a way out.
4) Gadget addiction: You guessed it right. The biggest distraction of our times is your mobile phone, with all the apps and the blessed 'social media' which was conceived to distract. The urge to respond to that text, post, tweet or email never lets you stay focused. You can beat the electronic interruptions by being strict with yourself. Discipline yourself to check the updates every couple of hours or so.
5) Tiredness: Long hours of work or lack of sleep impairs attention and ability to focus. You start dragging yourself through the day without accomplishing much. Getting at least seven hours of sleep will go a long way toward improving your focus during the day.
Have any further questions? Click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over Whatsapp, Facebook and other media"
Sir, My mother is patient of depression. She is regularly having pain in her lower side of head (just above neck) She has consulted with lady doctor and doctor told that the problem will not end until her menopause.
I forget simple things names spellings etc after some time remembered that .very stress in mind for simple problems .I feel negative thinking. I consult which doctor what is our problem. I am working in pharma industry.
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is a disorder that causes anxiety. It is also called as anxiety disorder. The main characteristics of this disorder are uncontrollable, unpleasant thoughts, which are continuing. OCD causes the mind to get stuck on a specific thought or inclination. For instance, you may repeat a task forty times to ensure that it has been done properly. You will not be able to get it out of your mind. OCD is characterized by obsessive thoughts and compulsive behavior patterns.
Some obsessive thoughts include:
- The fear of being defiled by germs or soil and also of contaminating others.
- The fear of losing control and hurting yourself or others.
- Having sexual or brutal thoughts on the mind.
- Extreme focus and devotion to religion and religious activities.
- A sense of fear of losing or not having things you need.
- Having the assumption that everything would go fine.
- The person will become very superstitious.
Some compulsive behavior patterns include:
- Inordinate double checking on things like locks, apparatuses and switches.
- Over and over monitoring of friends and family to ensure they're safe.
- Counting in the head, mumbling nonsense words without meaning.
- Devoting a lot of time for washing and cleaning.
- Praying without reason and taking part in religious ceremonies.
- Accumulating junk material.
Here are some common ways to deal with OCD:
- Regular exercise: Exercise is the best natural remedy to prevent anxiety, which leads to OCD. Exercise checks your OCD symptoms. It makes your nerves stronger and hence you can focus your mind out of obsessive thoughts by yourself, when they arrive. Get at least thirty minutes of exercise regularly.
- Connect with friends and family: Social isolation is one of the common early symptoms of OCD. Social isolation can lead to OCD as well. Therefore, you must always stay connected to your friends and family so that you never get lonely and anti-social. Share everything with family.
- Sleep sufficiently: Lack of sleep or troubled sleep may lead to anxiety disorders. You need to sleep enough to be away from obsessive thoughts.
- Perform relaxation techniques: Simple practices like yoga, meditation, pranayama will help you grow spiritually, relax your mind and keeps OCD away from you.
- Tackle your fears: Instead of avoiding fearful thoughts, let them flow and tackle them face to face. This will help you overcome the fear. Adopt measures so that you can focus on other things and ignore the obsessive thoughts. Distract yourself away from the obsession.
OCD is a harmful disorder, and you should take all measures possible to keep away from it. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!