Top 8 Remedies for Frizzy Hair
Dr. Manju Keshari
92% (71 ratings)
MBBS, MD - Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy
25 years experience
For must of us managing frizzy hair is a nightmare, but with these simple home remedies you can maintain them with great ease (learn more To Maintain Good Hair Health).
- Hot Oil Massage: While relieving you of stress, it nourishes your hair and incites hair regeneration. Mix more than two kinds of oil and warm the mixture over indirect heat. Hot oil should be massaged gently into your scalp. Hot oil is easily absorbed into the pores of the scalp thus giving you strong and moisturized hair. People having curly hair are advised to use jojoba oil to repair damaged hair follicles.
- Add honey to lemon juice: Applying honey and lemon to your hair makes those locks very rich in minerals and vitamins. While honey rids you of dryness, lemon fights dandruff (lear more about dandruff problem). Let the pack remain for over an hour to experience desired results.
- Eggs are good: It is rather boring to use olive oil all by itself. Try out the wonderful effects of olive oil when used in combination with eggs. Eggs provide your scalp with protein. It has been an age-old home remedy for treating frizz. Eggs act as natural cleansers while enriching your scalp with healthy fats and nutrients. You may also use egg whites if your scalp suffers from any kind of bacterial infection.
- Coconut Milk: Coconut milk should be massaged on the hair roots and left overnight. It is important to heat coconut milk prior to its application. Cover your hair with a towel or a piece of cloth to retain the warmth throughout the night. If you wish to bid farewell to frizzy hair you must exploit the benefits of this remedy once every week.
- Rinse with carbonated water: Running water can be very harsh on your hair. It contains more impurities than you expect. To avert the harmful effects of iron present in plain water, you might use carbonated water as a rinse. Carbonated water treats frizz especially in humid weather conditions.
- Make an avocado pack: An avocado pack is perhaps the best natural conditioner. After you wash your hair mash an avocado and mix it with a spoonful of olive oil. Leave the concoction on wet hair for around thirty minutes. The mix can now be washed off using any mild conditioner. Avocado can change the texture of your hair for the better.
- Mayonnaise adds luster: While enjoying that huge burger, you have always wanted some more mayonnaise to satisfy your gustatory desires. You surely never thought of it as a solution to frizzy hair. Mayonnaise when used along with almond oil can treat dullness. Mayonnaise controls hair damage and is also known to cure split ends.
- Virgin Coconut Oil: Every other person is aware of the gains of coconut oil. Virgin coconut oil provides nourishment to your rough hair. It lives up to its claims of purity. To better the results, a person might add coconut oil to vitamin E oil. Applying this mix thrice a week can solve your problems regarding frizzy hair.
found this helpful