Last Updated: Jan 10, 2023
Tips To Help You Keep Common Cold At Bay!
During the winter season, cold is very easy to catch. However, here are some effective ways with which, you can beat the winter cold:
- Dress in layers. Clothing needs to be of common materials that can keep you warm and channel sweat. Silk and cotton are great decisions.
- Pick your game and fitness clothing carefully so that you do not risk hypothermia – i.e. a body temperature that sinks a lot outside – nor should it be too warm.
- Ensure you have your gloves, cap, and good quality shoes on in chilly climate, as warmth escapes through the body's furthest points.
- Cold weather food
- Icy immunity boosters are great to battle colds and flus. These build up resistance by giving more access to vegetables and organic product in this season.
- Vitamins and minerals are natures' own immunity boosters and help avoid illness.
- Ginger, chili, garlic and turmeric have characteristics that are hostile to disease-containing bacteria. Zinc and Vitamin C are great icy preventers as well.
- Get into juicing and blend organic products, vegetables and fruits.
- Moderate cooking is another incredible approach to intake the healthy properties of vegetables in this season.
- Begin your day by changing your breakfast to a hot porridge sprinkled with cinnamon, granola and berries. Hot breakfast keeps you warm from within, discharges the bad bacteria and gives you energy. If in a rush, try oats. This formula is easy and healthy.
- Cold germs can hit you in case you do not wash your hands, or clean out your nose.
- Always carry hankies and clean your nose when you sneeze to ensure your nose remains dry.
- Make a point to discard the utilised cloth filled with bacteria as quickly as time allows. The key here is to not touch your eyes or nose, and to quickly use a hand sanitiser so that you keep away from germs.
- Wash your hands regularly. Get a hand sanitiser additionally and utilise it whenever you sneeze or touch something you have sneezed on.
- Beyond any doubt, you need to avoid germs by rinsing with Listerine or any other similar mouthwash.
- Watch your drink
- Begin your day with a glass of water with lemon. Carry a water bottle with yourself throughout the day and keep yourself hydrated. Winters can make you feel like you are not thirsty, so make sure you drink at least six glasses of water each day.
- Dry air, dried out bodies and frosty germs do not blend well and you will probably get a bug by not drinking enough. Hot dairy beverages are enticing; however, not as good as plain water.
- Avoid liquor as it does not blend with cool climate and your veins become larger. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!