Thoracoscopy Its Purpose And Uses!
Written and reviewed by
MBBS, MD -Pulmonary Medicine-Tuberculosis ,Respiratory Disease Medicine , Diploma in Tuberculosis and Chest Diseases (DTCD), European Diploma in Respiratory Medicine
Purpose of the Thoracoscopy:
- To visually inspect the lungs
- To obtain tissue biopsies or fluid samples from the lungs
- To remove excess fluid in the pleural cavity or pleural cysts
- To evaluate patients with pulmonary disease or abnormalities
- To obtain a tissue sample (biopsy) for further evaluation and to diagnose inflammation, infection, fibrosis and cancer
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult a specialist
& get answers to your questions!
1 person found this helpful