Importance of fasting in navaratri.
How to fast during navaratri:
Traditionally prescribed foods are:
Those who cannot go for a fast can do upavaas by abstaining from non-vegetarian food, alcohol, onion, garlic, too spicy food, and replacing common salt with rock salt.
A diabetic patient can have:
Early morning: fresh coconut water / lemon water
Mid morning: fruit (no salt)
Lunch: salad (no salt) 2 multi grain chapatti, dal, seasonal vegetable
Pre dinner: fruit (no salt)
Dinner: salad (no salt)
Food to have:
Food to avoid:
Healthy navratri fasting
With the onset of chaitra navratras, it’s again the time to fast.
Instead of fasting, most of us end up feasting on high-calorie food.
Follow this tips to fast in a healthy manner:-
- Eat small meals at regular intervals like fruits, nuts, dry fruits, coconut, makhanna.
- Flours used are — singhare ka atta, kottu ka atta, rajgiri ka atta, saboodana, arrowroot and samak will provide energy.
Most important thing to follow during navratri is the purity of heart and thoughts. Think good! do good! speak good! be calm and peaceful!
Increased uric acid level cause many problems in our body.
1. Lack of water intake cause accumulation of uric acid in our body.
2. Intake of high protein diet.
3. Because of liver problems.
4. Because of kidney problems.
5. According to ayurveda this a problem of vatrakta.
1. Pain and swelling in toe.
7 ways to reduce uric acid level:
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Drink soda water daily.
3. Drink coconut water daily.
4. Take chandan ark.
5. Drink khus decoction
6. Drink cold milk
7. Avoid badi vegetables like arbi, kathal, peas, culliflower, urad dal, rice.
Diabetes is a metabolic disease in which the person has high blood glucose (blood sugar), either because insulin production is inadequate, or because the body's cells do not respond properly to insulin or both. Patients with high blood sugar levels over a prolonged period are considered as diabetics.
Symptoms of Diabetes:
Unusual weight loss.
Cuts and bruises don't heal properly or quickly.
More skin and/or yeast infections.
Gums are red and/or swollen.
Frequent gum disease/infection.
Sexual dysfunction (men).
Numbness or tingling, especially in your feet and hands.
General Instructions for Diabetics:
Do not skip meals and have small and frequent meals 5-6 small meals to prevent hypoglycemia.