We need more investigations with clinical examination to decide upon treatment. You may need deep cleaning along with surgical curettage or gum strengthening procedure. Rinse your mouth thoroughly with a mouth wash after every meals. Use pepsodent tooth paste & gum paint for 2 to 3 weeks. Advance procedures can be done with laser. You may consult me in person.
Scurvy is a rare disease occurring because of a nutritional deficiency of vitamin c. The diagnosis of scurvy supported by histological evidence & clinical grounds can be successfully treated with oral vitamin c therapy alone.
However vitamin supplementation cannot logically be used for the prevention or treatment of commonly encountered periodontal disease. The symptom of bleeding gums warrants referral to a periodontist or an appropriately qualified dental surgeon.
- use a soft toothbrush -- and brush properly! brush your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day and after meals. Hard brushing can further damage the soft tissues of your mouth.
- floss at least once a day and be sure to floss beyond the gum line to remove more plaque.
- control bleeding by applying pressure to the area with a cold compress. - rinse with salt water or hydrogen peroxide to keep the area clean. Avoid mouthwashes that contain alcohol, which can dry out your mouth.
- stay away from smoking and other tobacco products, which can aggravate bleeding gums.
- eat a balanced diet and limit snacking between meals. Carbohydrates and sugars feed dental plaque.
- try an oral irrigation device, commonly known as a "water pick, to clear debris from around the gum line.
- you may need deep cleaning along with surgical curettage or gum strengthening procedure. Use pepsodent tooth paste & gum paint for 2 to 3 weeks. Advance procedures can be done with laser. You may consult me in person.
Yes. Side effects of phenytoin tablets is swollen gums. Consult if your eptoin dosage can be reduced! you may need deep cleaning along with surgical curettage or gum strengthening & shapping procedure. Rinse your mouth thoroughly with a mouth wash after every meals. Use pepsodent tooth paste & gum paint for 2 to 3 weeks. Advance procedures can be done with laser.
You may have some infection in the gum. Might need an oral prophylaxis session with your dentist. Use warm saline mouthwash 3/4 times daily. Also you can do a complete blood count after consultation with your doctor. Thanks.
Gum swelling can occur due to various reasons. Is the swelling is present around one tooth or it is involved with more number of teeth? There may be some cavity or gingivitis etc. So proper clinical evaluation is needed. As of now you can rinse your mouth with saltwater solutions 3/4 times daily. Maintain oral hygiene with proper brushing and flossing. Thanks. For personal consultation use doctor code ascb34.
You can go. As per our who protocol and ethical practices we can't use any old instruments. But make sure that you don't have any symptoms like fever throat pain etc. Hence you can visit your nearest dentist for emergency treatment.
it's relatively safe to see a dentist who is taking all the steps to prevent cross infection during this covid pandemic.
Still if you want you can consult us online on Lybrate from the safety of your home.