Can psychology help you get better life? The answer is yes. You got to have a proper psychological balance so that you can get a planned and peaceful life. You can now get innumerable benefits by having proper and perfect psychological support.
10 psychological ways for getting an improved life
- Get acute motivation: if you are fully motivated towards life, then you will get success in every phase of your life. This is why you must take psychological help from a doctor.
- Improving leadership skills: Psychology can improve your leadership skills to a great extent, and thus you can influence your team members.
- Becoming a better communicator: A better listener is a good communicator, and if you want to become a good listener, then you got to have enough patience, and this quality can be gained only through psychological help.
- Having better understanding about others: You should understand people well, otherwise, you might face great difficulty in interaction or communication with others.
- Making accurate decisions: Taking accurate decisions in life is a great necessity, otherwise, you will not be able to lead a comfortable life. You get more confidence and take the right decisions when you take psychological help.
- Improving your memory: You can get enhanced memory power and thus can remember things much easily and freely. If you are a student, then psychological help or counselling will be a great help for you.
- Making wise financial decisions: You can now get the capability of taking independent and wise financial decisions on your own without taking the assistance of others, and this is possible only by receiving proper psychological help.
- Getting better grades: You can concentrate on studies well, as a result of which higher grades can be easily earned. You will face no hindrances and can study with a peaceful mind.
- Becoming more productive: you can get higher physical and mental productivity as a result of which all your objectives can get fulfilled. If you remain energetic, then you can perform your duties well.
- Healthy living: If you are psychologically strong, then you can lead a healthy life. Depressed or stressed-out mind cannot help you to live properly, and thus you are in need of a stable mental condition. Healthy mind will help you to take proper decisions and these decisions are helpful in staying healthy without inviting any complications.
A healthy environment results in a healthy body. Imagine the health differences between our current selves and those of hunter-gatherers. Wouldn’t you agree that even though we have better technology and equipment, they’d have better strength, fitness, immunity, and general resilience against diseases? So what can we attribute this better health to? Has technological development and separation of human bodies from its natural environment made it weaker? Maybe it was because they breathed in fresh air whether they were indoors or outdoors. Or maybe it was the fact that their indoors was also outdoors. The air inside our homes today is at times more polluted than that outside. In fact, microparticles found inside houses are often known to cause life-threatening diseases!
World Environment Day is celebrated every year on 5th June to spread awareness about the extent to which we have polluted our environment. And the importance of protecting the same. Clean air is the most important element of our environment. However, pollution often takes this privilege away from us, whether we are indoors or outdoors. Following are a few ways to ensure we breathe clean air,
Precautions to take when indoors
Purify the environment - one can do this by organic or inorganic means. The first involves using indoor potted plants and the latter use of purifiers and dehumidifiers. Either method helps in getting rid of pollutants and improving the oxygen levels.
Avoid smoking indoors - smoking indoors directly releases pollutants that degrade the air quality within one’s house. Hence, one should avoid it at all costs
Take care of your AC - while it may sound like a chore that is important to regulate the temperature of your indoor environment, it has a direct effect on your health. AC filters can trap bacteria and allergens, which can cause diseases if not cleaned regularly. Hence, it's important to service one’s AC regularly and keep its filters clean.
Minimize the presence of pollutants - the most harmful pollutant in our atmosphere is called VOCs. These are emitted from common use articles like paints or building material. Hence, one must open windows and air the working space when using these items.
Precautions to taken when outdoors
Using barriers - Usage of masks serves as a filter through which the polluted outdoor air must pass before you breathe it in. Hence, it is the easiest way to ensure you breathe better outside.
Check Air quality - make sure you check air quality, especially before stepping out. While exercise in the outdoor environment is recommended for better health, stepping out in smog can be more detrimental than advantageous!
Avoid smoke - whenever you pass a chimney or an evident exhaust spouting black smoke, avoid breathing it in. While you can’t stop yourself from breathing completely, it’ll help if you can cover your mouth or hold your breath while you pass the particular area.
The health of human beings is directly proportional to the health of their surroundings. Being able to breathe fresh air, drink clean water, and exist within peaceful sounds allows one’s body and mind to be hale and hearty. This is the primary reason why people from hill stations or the countryside seem to be healthier than those living in polluted urban cities. Following are the ways in which your environment affects your health,
Consumption of carcinogens - Cancer is a modern disease. The simple reason for this is that technological development has brought with new categories of pollutants. Many of these contain chemicals and compounds that are carcinogenic. Hence, a polluted environment can very well be the reason for you getting cancer!
Polluted air - polluted air is the first thing that attacks your body. Air, water, and food are the three basic necessities of all humans. Of these, air is the most important. Polluted air can cause several life-threatening diseases like asthma or bronchitis. Smoke from machines, vehicles outside, and from stoves, burning of fuels inside can cause breathing problems and wheezing. This is extremely common in poor households, where one is forced to use kerosene stoves in small rooms that trap the smoke.
The weakening of bones - Polluted air in your lungs leads to weakened bones. Medical experts have now confirmed that poor quality of air is one of the primary causes of rheumatoid arthritis. Airborne pollutants are known to cause inflammation and thickening of blood vessels. This can lead to heart attacks or strokes.
An environment conducive to bacterial growth - a dirty environment often allows breeding of insects and bacteria that become carriers of life-threatening diseases such as dengue, typhoid, diphtheria, malaria, and so on. Most of the diseases mentioned here are caused by mosquitoes that thrive on stagnant water.
High blood pressure - an unhealthy environment entails difficulty in breathing, consumption of toxic food, and unclean water. Moreover, noise pollution adds to one’s stress level. These problems cause higher blood pressure which can lead to the weakening of the heart which can cause death by an early heart attack.
Toxic food - both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food faces the danger of becoming toxic if the environment it is being grown in is polluted. For eg- chemical wastes that are often dumped in water bodies cause the seafood in that area to become highly toxic. Hence, the environmental quality of a region has a direct impact on the food produced in that area.