What are other symptoms like sneezing etc. Or pain. It can be because of nasal polyp or DNS or rhinitis or sinusitis etc. I need details of case. In the meanwhile follow this
1. Do saline gargles.
2. Whenever possible do steam inhalation also.
3. Cover your nose and mouth with hanky for at least 30 sec when you go in dusty areas also when you go in and out of AC. As our nose is the most sensitive part of our body, When there is temperature difference between two rooms or inside n outside, then if we not protect our nose, it gets affected.
4. Drink Hot Liquids --Hot liquids relieve nasal congestion, prevent dehydration, and soothe the uncomfortably inflamed membranes that line your nose and throat.
5. Sleep With an Extra Pillow Under Your Head-- Elevating your head will help relieve congested nasal passages. If the angle is too awkward, try placing the pillows between the mattress and the box springs to create a more gradual slope.
6. Treat That Stuffy Nose With Warm Salt Water-- Salt-water rinsing helps break nasal congestion, while also removing virus particles and bacteria from your nose.
7. Blow Your Nose Often (and the Right Way)-- It's important to blow your nose regularly when you have a cold rather than sniffling mucus back into your head. But when you blow hard, pressure can carry germ-carrying phlegm back into your ear passages, causing earache. The best way to blow your nose: Press a finger over one nostril while you blow gently to clear the other.
Homeopathic treatment has very encouraging results. Consult online for details.
Positive airway pressure machines, used with a variety of breathing masks, are the most widely used treatment for moderate and severe sleep apnea.
The mask, worn snugly over the nose, or sometimes nose and mouth, during sleep, supplies pressurized air that flows continuously or intermittently into the sleeper’s throat. The increased air pressure prevents the sleeper’s airway from collapsing.
Your mother needs sound sleep. You can teach your father to use machine by himself. Or you can do some other arrangements. You can consult me through Lybrate for homoeopathic treatment and further guidance
Need to check whether he has a habit of keeping his mouth open while sleeping and also any snoring issues. It's most likely Adenoid hypertrophy, which is a tissue in the nose which becomes enlarged in children, especially those who are allergic. He can be treated initial with medication and if still persists then to consider an endoscopy of nose followed by surgery.
These are two different things. Alcohol is a personal choice (a stimulant which can be addictive also ). Regarding sleep apnea talk to the doctor for a thorough medical examination. Physical examination and some basic tests will help to assess your condition, and let the doctor advise accordingly. You can update the reports and other details including the doctor's opinion for clarification. You can also take the help of Homeopathy which can address the problems in a holistic manner. You can contact me for a private consultation.
There are 3 treatment for sleep Apnoea. Hold standard and treatment of choice is positive airway pressure i.e. CPAP. 2nd is surgical. 3rd is weight loss. A sleep specialist preferably a broad certified sleep specialist from India or abroad will be the right doctor to guide you to choose appropriate treatment.