How about some pampering and some rejuvenation? Sounds exciting, doesn't it? The word facial probably makes you think of mud packs, cleanser and the dreaded blackhead extraction. While this is a part of the process, they do so much more than just clean it.
Because there are so many different types of products available, your service can be tailored to your specific issues. Here are some of the wonderful benefits you can expect from different types of facials:
- Improved skin tone - The best part of a facial is the gentle massage as the technician cleans and rubs in the product. Often, she will also perform an actual facial massage. All of this massaging stimulates the production of collagen which is responsible for the elasticity. You may notice less sagging and plumper skin after your procedure because of this. Also, the moisturizing plumps the skin as well. The whole process improves the overall tone.
- Reduce the appearance of dark spots and wrinkles - Some facials incorporate peels that remove layers to reduce the appearance of sun damage and superficial wrinkles. Glycolic acid is a popular additive to achieve this result. If this is an issue for you, the best results will come from a series of treatments. If you want to see dramatic results or your condition is severe, you may want to consider microdermabrasion or laser treatments instead.
- Exfoliation - The dead skin resting on top of the face is what makes it look dull. Gentle exfoliation of the face removes these dead cells revealing the new fresh skin underneath. You will come out of the spa with a glowing fresh face after a good exfoliation.
- Hydration - Water is the most important nutrient. Dry skin looks limp and lifeless. Some procedures will use a gentle spray of water over the face and then a moisturizer and other serums are applied. The water soaks into the skin but also draws in the products for optimal absorption. Even your daily intake of water affects the health of your skin, so drink those 8 glasses a day!
- Clean and Fresh - The mud, clays, creams and lotions that are used as masks during a facial are specifically designed to draw out impurities in the skin as well as hold moisture in. The body is full of toxins which damage our overall health. Drawing out these toxins gives the face a fresh and clean look. Of course, there is also the other cleaning process where blemishes are extracted if necessary.
While a facial may seem like a simple process and harmless, licensed aesthetician should perform your service. The products used are high-grade quality products and if used to excess or improperly, it can damage the skin. The aesthetician has to grade your skin to determine which products and the level of treatment.
Usually, it is a graduated process which means the best results come from regular maintenance. But, your skin will thank you and you'll love the refreshed and younger-looking face in the mirror.