*sinusitis - homeopathic medicine*
Sinusitis is a common inflammation of the paranasal sinuses, the cavities that produce the mucus necessary for the nasal passages to work effectively.
There is four pairs of sinuses, hollow spaces behind the bones of the face.
Allergies, bacteria or a virus can cause inflammation of the sinuses, or sinusitis.
Facial pain and pressure
Reduced sense of smell
*silicea: 30, 300*
1. Headache mainly on the right side.
2. The patient is chilly and is very sensitive to cold air.
3. Covering up warmly provides relief.
4. Nasal stuffiness.
5. The nasal is hard crusts.
1. Sinus headache is due to suppressed discharge.
2. There is violent headache. The headache better by binding the head tightly or applying pressure.
3. The face is swollen and hot.
4. There is throat pain and cough with throat.
*kali bichrome: 30*
1. Sinusitis with discharge drops back into the throat despite coming out of the nose.
2. The discharge is very thick and mostly yellow and ropy too
3. There is pain and heaviness in the nose.
4. The nose can smell and is blocked with an inability to breathe through it.
5. The headache above the eyes due to sinus infection.
6. The eyes may also get swollen up.
*merc sol: 30*
1. The nasal discharge is yellowish-green with a burning feeling.
2. The nasal membrane gets corroded and ulcerated due to the offensive and thick acrid discharge.
3. The headache with heat in head along with nasal discharge.
4. Increased saliva in mouth and offensive smell.
*pulsatilla: 30, 200*
1. The green-coloured nasal discharge that is bland (without burning)
2. The patient gets general relief in open air.
3. The discharge is horribly offensive.
4. There is headache above the eyes.
5. There’s an absolute absence of thirst.
*spigelia 30, 200*
1. Left-side frontal sinus is infected.
2. Severe throbbing pain over the left eye.
3. The discharge dropping back into the throat from the nose.
1. There is nasal blockage in a person with inflamed sinus.
2. Sticta is the remedy for patients who have no nasal discharge despite making quite an effort.
3. There’s a constant pressure on the nose.
*ammonium carb 200*
1. There is complete blockage of nose makes breathing difficult and the patient has to breathe through the mouth.
2. The worse time for the patient is night.
3. There is snoring due to blocked nose.
*kali iod, 30*
1. There is thin nasal discharge due to sinus inflammation.
2. The discharge is watery in a large quantity and leads to an intense burning sensation.
*hepar sulph. 6, 30*
1. The nasal discharge is thick and yellow.
2. The nostrils become very sore from the acrid discharge,
3. Thenasal passages become sensitive to cold air.
4. The headache with a sense of a nail or a plug that is thrust into the head along with a boring or bursting pain.
5. Their headache above the nose is worse from shaking the head, motion, riding in a car, stooping, moving the eyes, or simply from the weight of a hat.
6. Relieved by the firm pressure of a tight bandage.
7. The scalp is so sensitive that simply combing the hair may be painful.
Sinuses are small hollow cavities in the skull, which are connected to each other. The cheeks, the space between the eyes and the nose are where our sinuses are nestled safely. The cavities are normally devoid of any liquid; however, in case of an infection or allergy, the cavities get filled with excess mucus which creates discomfort and pain. With the presence of abundant mucus, our sinus cavities become a breeding ground for bacterial growth. Sinusitis can become a persistent problem for many.
It can occur due to various reasons, however the most common ones are :
Sinus infections may be ignored as common cold, but it can progress into something more serious. Knowing the following signs can help you call the doctor on time:
If 3 or more of these symptoms are experienced by the individual, immediate doctor’s advice is necessary to prevent a more severe condition. To avert sinusitis, there are several preventive measures one can take to mitigate the chances of another infection:
Therefore we see that although sinusitis can be an extremely arduous and painful condition to deal with, it can be overcome by following a healthy lifestyle, consisting of a healthy diet and a regular exercise routine. Congestion can be overcome by maintaining good hygiene as well.
Awakening with a headache and on top of it a blocked nose is an unpleasant begins to the day. In the event that this turns into a standard event and even the face harms with general largeness in the head, it's a restorative condition called Sinusitis. Sinuses are air-filled depressions inside the skull bone. These empty spaces in the skull are arranged in cheek bones, brow, behind the scaffold of the nose and between the eyes. Another set is arranged in the upper area of the nose and behind the eyes. All the sinuses have the same coating that is available in the nose. This covering produces bodily fluid, which is depleted out of the sinuses through an opening in the nose. Homeopathy treatment can be a decent cure for Sinus of various sorts.
Top normal Homeopathic remedies for sinus infections
1. Silicea: One of the Best Homeopathic remedies for Sinus Infections with headache. Silicea happens to be one of the finest remedies in homeopathic for sinus disease. The headache caused by sinus fundamentally on right side happens to be treated best with Silicea. The patient requiring Silicea feels crisp and is extremely touchy to frosty air. Concealing warmly gives alleviation. One conspicuous sign for utilizing Homeopathic pharmaceutical Silicea as a part of cases of sinus happens to be stuffiness in the nasal parts. The discharges in the nasal areas get stopped up in hard coverings. On endeavoring to extricate these hulls, there is dying.
2. Belladonna: Top Homeopathic solution for sinus headache with smothered discharge: Normal Homeopathic prescription Belladona is one of the perfect homeopathic remedies for sinus diseases when sinus headache is because of smothered discharge. Belladonna is exceptionally useful when a Sinusitis patient grumbles of a brutal headache. The patient may get alleviation from the headache by restricting the head firmly or applying weight.
3. Kali Bichrome: Best Homeopathic solution for Sinusitis with discharge dropping once again into throat
Kali Bichrome is the top regular Homeopathic medication for Sinusitis where the discharge drops over into the throat regardless of leaving the nose. The discharge is thick and for the most part yellow.
Hearing problems or ear infections or suffering from sinusitis, allergies, nasal blockage. Don’t know what to do? You need an ENT specialist. But who is the best ENT specialist in Delhi? An ENT specialist is also called otolaryngologist, who deals with speech disorders, ear problems or nasal problems and deformities. Here are few of the best ENT specialist in Delhi:
1. Dr. Shalabh Sharma
MBBS, MS - Otorhinolaryngology, DNB - Otorhinolaryngology, DLORCS, FRCS - Otolaryngology
Dr. Sharma is a well renowned and senior Ear-Nose Throat (ENT) Specialist. He has 27 years of experience and holds a Limca Book of Records for pioneering endoscopic sinus surgery for a complicated tumor. He has done several fellowships internationally and areas of special interest to him are Pediatric Otolaryngology, & Neurotology. He is member of several reputed institutes and associations. H is associated with Sir Ganga Ram Hospital and ENT & Dental Centre
Consultation fees: ₹1500 - 1800
2. Dr. Anurag Tandon
MS - ENT, Diploma in Otorhinolaryngology (DLO), MBBS
Dr. Anurag Tandon is one of the very senior doctors who has 34 years of experience. He currently practices at Park View ENT Clinic in Mayur Vihar Ph-II, Delhi and Max Multispeciality Hospital. His areas of specialization are eardrum rupture treatment, head and neck cancers, phono surgery, tonsillectomy. He is a life time member of Academy of Oral Implantology (AOI),Indian Medical Association (IMA) and Association of Otolaryngologists of India (AOI).
Consultation fees: ₹1000 - 1400
3. Dr. Dhirendra Singh Kushwah
MBBS, MS - ENT
Dr. Dhirendra Singh Kushwah has more than 16 years of experience as ENT Surgeon. He is associated with Rockland hospital & ORL clinic, as well as runs his own clinic- Gynae & ENT Clinic at Safdarjung Enclave, Delhi. His clinic is well equipped to treat various conditions like nasal disorders like blockage, nose bleeding, rhinoplasty, tonsillitis and sinus.
Consultation fees: ₹500-1000
4. Dr. Sumit Mrig
MBBS, MS - ENT, DNB (ENT)
Dr. Mrig with 16 years of experience is a well known name in his feretinity. He is recipient of many awards and has presented India internationally through his seminars, research and academic papers. He is associated with Max Smart Super Specialty Hospital and Sankalp ENT & Cochlear Implant Centre. He has many professional memberships like Cochlear Implant Group of India, ISCON, National Academy of Medical Sciences etc. He treats foreign body removal, tonsillitis, hearing and speech impairment.
Consultation fees: ₹700-1200
5. Dr. Manni Hingorani
MS - ENT, MBBS
Dr. Manni Hingorani, is a reputed Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) specialist in South Delhi with 14 years of experience. She is associated with best hospitals as a visiting consultant at Max healthcare Saket City Hospital, St. Stephen’s Hospital, Gurgaon and Max Medcentre, Panchsheel. She also has her own private practice called Three Senses in Neeti Bagh. She is a recipient of golden medal award for best research paper at the North West AOI Conference, held at Rohtak in 2008.
Consultation fees: ₹800
6. Dr. Rajeev Mishra
MBBS, MS - ENT
Dr. Rajeev Mishra has more than 20 years of experience as Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialist. He runs his private practice at ENT Clinic & Matritva Maternity. He is an active member of Indian Medical Association (IMA). He is known for his treatment and services like- Laryngostroboscopy, Laser Surgery, Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery - FESS using XOMED & Smith Nephew Microdebrider.
Consultation fees: ₹500
7. Dr. Madhulika Sharma
MBBS, DNB (ENT)
Dr. Madhulika Sharma has 9 years of experience as ENT Specialist in New Delhi. She specialises in treatment of cold cough, throat ache, sinusitis, sneezing, allergic rhinitis, ear pain and hearing loss. She runs her private practice at Sharma ENT clinic, Delhi.
Consultation fees: ₹300
8. Dr. Geeta Kathuria
M.B.B.S, MS ENT, MRCSEd ENT, Fellowship Golf, IFHNOS Head & Neck Surgery and Oncology U.S.A
Dr. Geeta Kathuria is a well known name as ENT specialist or Otorhinolaryngologist in Delhi. She has an experience of 15 years and is working with Fortis Hospital, Okhla. She is known for her treatment for tonsillectomy and nasal endoscopy. Besides this she also has special interest in paediatric ENT as well as head and neck surgeries related to onco, or thyroid and salivary gland. She is a life member of AOI, Delhi & FHNO
Consultation fees: ₹500- 1000
9. Dr. B. B. Khatri
MS - ENT, MBBS
Dr. Khatri with 34 years of experience is a prominent name among ENT surgeons. During his tenure he has performed micro-laryngeal surgery, cosmetic nose surgery and endoscopic sinus surgery. He is also known for his perfection when it comes to micro-ear surgical procedures. Not only he is member of some esteemed associations, but has also holds some reputed positions in them.
He has written and published more than 8 papers in various reputed national and international medical journal. His special area of interest are snoring & sleep disorders, hearing problems, surgery for deviated nasal septum.
Consultation fees: ₹800
10. Dr. Rajeev Nangia
MBBS, MS - ENT
Dr. Rajeev Nangia a renowned Ear-Nose-throat (ENT) Specialist with 3 decades of experience, he is currently practicing in Karol Bagh, Delhi. He is associated with Apollo Spectra Clinic in Karol Bagh, Delhi and also practices at Ratan ENT Clinic, Delhi. He is known for his comprehensive approach and warmth. He is an alumni of Rohtak Medical college, and a lifetime member of AIRS, AOI, IMA and ISO. Dr. Nangia specializes in treating cochlear implant, hearing and speech impairments, epistaxis (nosebleed) treatment, throat and voice problems, tonsillitis and nasal disorders.
Consultation fees: ₹650- 800