MBBS, Basic Life Support (B.L.S), Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Fellow of Academy of General Education (FAGE)
General Physician, Delhi
Restless leg syndrome (rls) is a condition in which your legs feel extremely uncomfortable while you're sitting or lying down. It makes you feel like getting up and moving around. When you do so, the unpleasant feeling of restless leg syndrome temporarily goes away. Restless legs syndrome can cause difficulty in falling or staying asleep which can be one of the complaints of the syndrome. A number of people who have rls also have periodic limb movements of sleep (plms). These are jerks that occur every 20 to 30 seconds on and off throughout the night. Treatment of restless legs syndrome involves identifying the cause of symptoms when possible. The treatment process is designed to reduce symptoms, including decreasing the number of nights with rls symptoms, the severity of rls symptoms and nighttime awakenings. Improving the quality of life is another goal in treatment.
it can be due to nerve compression due to bad sitting/sleeping posture. Also can be due to tension.
Need to know more details about the symptoms and few investigations are necessary.
Consult me on private chat.
Also avoid carrying wallet in back-pocket.
1.You should maintain high grade of personal hygiene. 2.Do change your underclothes at least 2 times a day
3.Wear cotton under garments
4.Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of fluids.
5.Keep the area dry
for more details you can consult me.
DM - Neurology, Fellowship in Stroke Neurology, MD - General Medicine, MBBS Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
RLS or restless leg syndrome refers to the overwhelming urge to move legs and often associated with unpleasant sensation in the legs. Please note it is a treatable condition. But please also note the underlying reasons / precipitating factors: most common treatable association is iron deficiency anemia (need to correct it ), medications which deplete / block dopamine like metoclopramide, few antidepressants etc (need to be stopped/modified), poor sleep hygiene with uncorrected sleep disorder s like OSA (obstructive sleep apnea: please address these, underlying renal failure: attend this as studies have found in case of advanced renal failure: hemodialysis is helpful for this condition.
People usually respond well to medications (there group of medication s). Besides these you may practice few non pharmacological methods which are also important.
They are:● Mental alerting activities, such as working on a computer or doing crossword puzzles, at times of rest or boredom
● Avoidance of aggravating factors, including consideration of withdrawal of possibly predisposing medications.● Moderate regular exercise.● Reduced caffeine intake
● For symptomatic relief – walking, bicycling, soaking the affected limbs, and leg massage, including pneumatic compression.
Hope I could give you an idea about this entity.
Wish you all the best!
1. Regular, moderate exercise may help you sleep
2. Sleep a little better tonight by avoiding nicotine and caffeine close to bedtime
3. You'll sleep better, and feel better, if you maintain a regular sleep schedule.
4. Avoid napping during the day for better sleep at night.
5. Apply hot or cold packs to your legs
6. Relax your muscles with massage or a hot bath.
You have chikungunya arthritis
I understand the agony you are going through and you need specific treatment by a rheumatologist
and it is persistent
you are clearly symptomatic
please consult me through Lybrate as soon as possible to reach a resolution of highly active arthritis.
2. Reduce body wt
3. No smoking/ tobacco 4. Diet - no ghee/ butter, have mix of vegetable oils - mustard, til, ground nut, olive oil, have more green vegetables and fruits, have whole grain atta, no fried. Fast. Spicy / processed/ junk food. Less sugar, potato, rice
5. 30 mts brisk walk daily 6. Deep breathing exercise for 10 mts daily
7. Meditation daily for 10 mts. 6-8 hrs of sleep at night
8. Expose your body to sun for 15-20 mts daily after some oil massage to get vit d.
9. Take more water- proper hydration.
Medicine can not be advised for open question for medicine contact on private chat.