If there is one thing that men and women dread the most, it is hair loss and hair fall problems. In the last decade or so, the number of young men and women suffering from severe hair loss is quite alarming. The hair fall, which may be an outcome of stress, anxiety, hormonal imbalance, genetics, medical conditions, unhealthy habits, poor diet or lack of a proper hair care routine, can make life miserable and embarrassing.
People try out every possible treatment to deal with the problem. In this regard, the PRP or the Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy comes as a revelation.
The Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy is a path-breaking, nonsurgical and natural option that treats the conditions of severe hair loss through hair, scalp, and skin simulations, as per the requirements. The procedure for PRP are as follows:
- The plasma contains the platelets. The platelets are important as they not only heal but also helps in regeneration of the damaged tissues.
- The first step involves extracting the blood of the person undergoing the PRP Therapy.
- Next step is the centrifugation step. Centrifugation helps to obtain the platelet rich plasma (which gets separated from the blood during the centrifugation process).
- The patients are given anesthesia at the scalp (mainly the nerves) to ease the pain.
- The platelet rich plasma is then carefully injected into the scalp of the patient to initiate the hair restoration.
The PRP therapy channelizes on the fact that the growth factors present in the platelet rich plasma will act as a catalyst, triggering the stimulation and growth of the hair follicles
Some of the growth factors that help in the hair restoration are as follows
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (responsible for the formation of blood vessels).
- Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (triggers the growth of blood vessels along with cell replication as well as the formation of the skin).
- Epidermal Growth Factor (involved in the formation of blood vessels and collagen along with the growth and differentiation of the cell).
- Insulin Like Growth Factor (this growth factor is mainly involved in the regulation of the normal cell physiology).
PRP treatment is done under the effect of numbing gel. PRP treatment is done every month for first 6 sittings then every 2 months for 3 to 4 sitting.
- The PRP therapy that has benefitted many people worldwide comes with the following advantages
- PRP Therapy is non-invasive and natural with a faster recovery.
- The Therapy is less time consuming and is quite safe.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult a specialist
& get answers to your questions!