Asked for female, 23years old from Navi Mumbai
Pcod/pcos is a common hormonal disorder in women which can lead to weight gain and irregular periods. While most women depend on pills to deal with it, these simple changes in your lifestyle will help you deal with the condition in a better way.
1.Nutritional approach: deficiency of micronutrients contributes to insulin insensitivity and compromise ovarian function. So,
1. Don't take tea empty stomach. Eat something like a banana (if you are not diabetic) or any seasonal fruit or soaked almonds and a glass of plain water first thing in the morning (preferably within 10 mins of waking up). No only biscuits or rusk will not do. 2. Don't overeat 3. Take your breakfast every day. Don't skip it. U should eat whatever your mother or grandparent eat in bfast. I mean to say whatever is your traditional food. If punjabi eat paratha, if belongs to south then take idli/ dosa etc.
4. Have light meals every 2 hours (in addition to your breakfast, lunch n dinner) e.g. Nariyal paani, chaach, a handful of dry fruits, a handful of peanuts, seasonal fruit (eat whole fruit not juice), a cup of curd/milk etc
5. Finish your dinner at least 2 hours before going to sleep. Take simple food like rice n dal in dinner. 6. Avoid fast foods n fried foods7. Take a lot of green vegetables n fruit. 8. Drink lot of water9. Everyday preferably sleep on same time10. Maintain active life style2. Exercise strategies: regular workouts are non-negotiable. They are essential to burn off fat stores for hormonal balance and regular ovulation. You should join a gym for weight training. Do it 2-3 times a week with at least 48 hours in between 2 sessions. Other days you can do cardio exercises like yoga, cycling, swimming etc.
3. Sleep: adequate sleep is non-negotiable too. Sleeping at a more or less fixed time every day and for an adequate number of hours is a prerequisite to keep hormones in sync.
4. De-stress yourself: love yourself more than anyone else, prioritize your health, learn to say no, take time out to exercise and relax. Pursue your favorite activities, learn a new skill, and never ignore your body signals.
For more details you can consult me.