Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or PCOS is referred to as a condition that leads to an imbalance in the hormonal levels of women between the ages of 18 to 44. Women suffering from the syndrome develop small cysts in the ovaries. These cysts might disrupt the normal functions of the ovaries resulting in hormonal imbalances. If you suffer from PCOS, the secretion of the male hormone androgen (which is present in a small amount in every female) increases abnormally, thereby causing significant disruption of the ovulation process and the menstruation cycles.
Women suffering from obesity or who have a past history of PCOS in their families are at a higher risk of suffering from the syndrome.
The symptoms that one might experience along with syndrome are as follows:
Appearances of acne along with the development of excess body and facial hair.
Irregular or no periods.
Intense pain in the pelvic area and severe depression.
Homeopathic Treatment for PCOS:
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is curable with the Homeopathic mode of treatment. Homeopathic treatment for polycystic ovarian syndrome is very safe and free from any side effect, which Homeopathic medicine is required to extract the disease from its roots varies from case to case. Both the physical and mental spheres of the patient are thoroughly investigated while prescribing Homeopathic medicine. The complete cure of PCOS is a time-consuming process and it cannot be expected in a few days. It requires complete observation regarding the change of symptoms in the patient and frequent clinical follow-ups. Some of the most beneficial homeopathic remedies for PCOS are:
Sepia – Useful for the symptoms of severe pain in the lower back and abdominal areas along with abnormal menstrual periods.
Apis Mellifica –This homeopathic preparation is effective in relieving the symptoms of severe pain in the ovarian regions along with tenderness in the abdominal and uterine areas caused by PCOS.
Pulsatilla – This medication is very effective in treating symptoms of PCOS such as late and minimal menstrual periods along with rapid mood swings, irritation and a decreased sensation of thirst.
Sulphur – This homeopathic preparation is very useful if there is a presence of severely itchy and painful acne along with other skin-related symptoms of PCOS.
Natrum Muriaticum – This homeopathic preparation is useful if you experience significant problems with conception along with irregularity in menstrual cycles, along with an excessive craving for salt in the regular diet, unwillingness towards sunlight exposure, and intense episodes of crying and uncharacteristic shyness.
Graphites – If you are of a stout build or are overweight and regularly suffer from constipation along with PCOS, graphites are one of the best homeopathic medications to relieve symptoms and treat this condition.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines for PCOS. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.
Almost every woman wants to lead a healthy life with their loved ones and experience the joy of motherhood when the right time comes. However, as much as you detest it, the last decade or two has seen a steady rise in gynecological problems. While some of the gynecological conditions are minor and can be easily treated and taken care of, others may give you a hard time. From PCOS to Endometriosis, left untreated, some of these problems may trigger infertility, complicating things further.
Open surgeries have long been the only surgical option to deal with such critical problems. However, the advent of Laparoscopy has brought about a much-needed relief benefitting millions of women with gynecological problems worldwide. Based on latest technology and being minimally invasive, laparoscopy comes with a lot of benefits. In addition to surgically treating a condition, laparoscopy also ensures an accurate and better diagnosis. In this article, we will discuss the laparoscopic surgeries to deal with infertility and other related gynecological issues.
Infertility and Laparoscopic surgery:
Identifying the underlying factor(s) responsible for infertility can go a long way to treat the condition successfully. Some of the factors that contribute towards infertility include
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or PCOS is a common hormonal disorder, which occurs in almost every women aged 18 to 24. In PCOS, the level of male hormones that is androgens is more than normal limits. In other women it is present in smaller quantities. And increase in such levels, cause delay and disturbances with your menstrual cycle. The main cause of this disorder is however, not known, but it generally runs in genes. The symptoms start generally early after your menarche. Obesity is another factor which causes PCOS.
Some of the signs and symptoms of PCOS are:
Homeopathy focuses on treating and curing the main cause of PCOS and it is, therefore, one of the best alternatives. Given below are some of the best homeopathic medicines for the treatment of PCOS:
Vaginal bleeding is something that most women experience between their periods when they are not due for a menstrual cycle. It is considered as an abnormal occurrence when you bleed before you are expecting your menstrual period, or after you are done with your monthly cycle. It is usually characterised by bouts of spotting where a thick brown reddish discharge may be experienced. Also, this kind of bleeding is considered abnormal if it occurs during pregnancy or menopause.
Here are a few causes of abnormal vaginal bleeding:
- Hormones: An imbalance in the hormones like the estrogen and progesterone can lead to abnormal vaginal bleeding. These are the hormones that help in regulation of the monthly menstrual cycles. An imbalance can occur due to side effects caused by birth control pills that may not suit the individual, a contraceptive patch, or even contraceptive implants and injections. Further, an intrauterine device may also be the cause for this kind of bleeding. The hormonal balance can also get affected due to internal ailments like a dysfunctional thyroid gland and ovaries.
- Pregnancy and Delivery: Some amount of spotting is considered normal in the first trimester of one's pregnancy. Yet, severe bleeding and persistent spotting must be reported to the gynaecologist immediately. Women also bleed for a while after the delivery of the baby, in the post-partum period. This may also happen when an abortion takes place as the uterus may not have come back to its original size and due to remaining foetal tissues within. Complications during the pregnancy like an ectopic pregnancy or a miscarriage can also lead to such kind of bleeding. An ectopic pregnancy is one where the egg gets implanted in the fallopian tube instead of entering and implanting itself in the uterus.
- Fibroids: Uterine fibroids are usually considered as non-malignant and non-cancerous growths within the uterus. These are common in many women who have gone through child birth. These fibroids can also cause some amount of bleeding and spotting.
- Infections: When there is an infection in the reproductive organs like the ovaries and uterus of the patient, there may be some amount of bleeding. An infection in this area can also cause inflammation, which is one of the primary causes of abnormal bleeding. This can also occur due to a sexually transmitted disease or STD, as well as painful intercourse and sexual abuse which can lead to scarring as well.
- Cancer: One of the least common causes includes cervical, ovarian and other forms of cancer.
Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD is a disease of the ovary that is characterized by the larger size of the ovary, fluid-filled sacs in the ovary, multiple cysts etc. In this condition, the ovary is covered by a white, tough, and thick outer covering. PCOD can have many implications including hormonal imbalance, menstruation cycle related disorders, insulin production and its usage etc. Ayurveda explains PCOD as a Kapha disorder and aims at clearing the obstruction of Vata dosha of the pelvis, normalize the menstrual cycle and balance metabolism.
Ayurvedic approach in treating PCOD-
Ayurveda looks at a holistic approach of treatment wherein the mind and the body are treated as one. The first step towards treating PCOS disorder is to reduce body weight along with lifestyle modification. The next step aims at countering the condition of PCOD with Panchakarma - a century-old treatment mechanism of Ayurveda. Some of the Panchakarma methods used in treating PCOD include Vamana, Vasthi, Virechana, Nasya etc. Before applying the Panchakarma therapy, oral administration of medicated oil is necessary.
The flow of Panchakarma therapy for PCOD-
Administration of medicated oil: The oral medicated oil has fat burning capabilities. The medication is prepared using herbal decoction and suitable herbs. The oil clears the fat blockers created due to fat throughout the body.