Red Penis Warning Signs: Recognizing Cellulitis
In many instances, a red penis is a good thing. For instance, when the blood flows into the penis to create a desired engorgement, the resulting red penis enables a man to enjoy sex. But sometimes a red penis is a sign of something not being exactly right; often, it can be a sign of inflammation. One such cause of an inflamed red penis is cellulitis, which needs to be dealt with promptly.
What is cellulitis?
The Mayo clinic states that cellulitis is "a common, potentially serious bacterial skin infection. The affected skin appears swollen and red and is typically painful and warm to the touch." Although it is most often found on the legs, it can occur anywhere on the body, including the penis.
Cellulitis occurs when specific bacteria invade the body through a crack, tear or other wound in the skin. If the penis has a cut or open wound - or even just excessively dry and flaky skin - and becomes exposed to the bacteria, cellulitis may result. The most common bacteria to cause cellulitis are streptococcus and staphylococcus.
When the bacteria go to work on the affected tissue, a red, dry, swollen rash results. As long as the bacteria stay near the surface, the infection may not be serious. But sometimes, the bacteria make their way to the bloodstream, and that can create more significant problems.
Symptoms and treatment
Redness and swelling in the infected area is a common symptom, as is tenderness and pain. The skin may feel warm, and there may be spots or blisters in some cases. Fever and fatigue may occur in some instance, signaling a more serious case. Other signs of more severe cellulitis are nausea and vomiting, numbness and increased pain.
Although mild cases of cellulitis may respond to self-care (over-the-counter pain relievers, rest), it's still a good idea to consult with a doctor.
Obviously, it's better to prevent cellulitis of the penis than it is to treat it. There are several preventive measures a person can take.
- Check the penis for signs of cuts or tears. If there are any, wash them with soap and water and keep an eye on them for any signs of infection.
- Check for dry penis skin. Dry penis skin can cause cracks through which bacteria can enter, so keeping penis skin properly hydrated is crucial.
- Give it a rest. If the penis exhibits signs of cracked skin or has cuts, tears or wounds, refrain from engaging in sexual activity until the issues are healed. This includes both penetrative sexual activity and oral sex. Men who do engage should be sure to wear a condom to decrease the chances of bacteria entering the open skin areas.
- Avoid activities that can damage the penis skin. If aggressive, rough sexual activities produce tears or wounds in the penis, it may be wise to tone things down a little.
Cellulitis is one of the more alarming causes of a red penis, but far from the only one: allergic reactions, minor infections and other causes can also cause redness. In general, regular application of a top notch penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) can help prevent a red penis by maintaining penis health at a higher level. The best cremes to look for will include among their ingredients both a high-end emollient (such as shea butter) and a natural hydrator (such as vitamin E). This combination helps create a moisture shield to encourage consistent hydration of the penis skin and prevent dryness and chapping. The crème should also include alpha lipoic acid, a powerful antioxidant that plays a big role in preventing oxidative stress damage to delicate penis skin.
Penile Health and Wellness: When It's Time to Talk to a Urologist
Although there are plenty of men who willingly see their physicians on a regular basis, the stereotype that men are unwilling to visit doctors does have some truth in it. There are numerous reasons why, from fear of what might be discovered to expenses associated with medical care to simply having difficulty with finding enough time. Nonetheless, men who care about their health need to see a doctor at least once a year. But what about penile health? When does a guy need to consider seeing a urologist instead of his primary care provider?
Actually, in many cases, seeing a primary care provider first is a good idea. They can then recommend whether the penis-specific issue is one that requires a visit to the urologist. But in other cases, a man may know that the urologist should be the guy to see.
Reasons to see a urologist
There can be numerous reasons why a man might need to pay a visit to a urologist. For example:
- It hurts to urinate. This may be the sign of a urinary tract infection, a sexually-transmitted infection (STI), or some other problem. Determining the root cause as early as possible is important, as the doctor can recommend the proper course of treatment. The treatment will be more successful if it is started early on.
- Blood is in the urine. This can be caused by any number of things, including a urinary tract infection or a kidney stone. But it can also be an early warning sign of something more serious, such as kidney or bladder cancer. Again, identifying the cause early on increases the chances of successful treatment.
- It's hard to control the urine. Urinary incontinence can present in many forms. It may be a situation where a man feels a marked increase in the urgency and frequency of urination. It may be difficult to completely empty the bladder. It may mean that a guy urinates before reaching the bathroom, or that some leakage occurs during physical activity or while coughing. Many men are embarrassed to admit they experience incontinence, but talking to a urologist about this is essential.
- There's pain in the abdomen or lower back. Often pain in one or both of these areas may be a sign of prostatitis, especially if it is accompanied by fever or chills. Prostatitis means a swollen and inflamed prostate, usually due to a bacterial infection, and typically requires antibiotics.
- Pain or lumps in the balls. Lumps or pain can be a sign of an infection, a benign cyst, or, more seriously, testicular cancer. Fortunately, the prognosis for testicular cancer is very good, if it is caught early - which is why seeing a doctor is important.
- Elevated PSAs or kidney issues. If a primary care physician detects elevated Prostate Specific Antigens in a blood test, it could indicate possible prostate cancer. And x-rays indicating problems with the kidneys usually require a urologist's expertise to evaluate and treat.
- Erectile dysfunction. Many men feel embarrassed or even ashamed to admit that they are having problems with their erections, but they need to overcome that shyness and seek out a urologist. Determining the reason for the problem can help a doctor develop strategies for treating it - and every man wants his erections to work as perfectly as possible.
A urologist can provide expert care for better penis health. It also pays to utilize a top flight penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) to help maintain the penis in good shape on an everyday basis. The best crème will include vitamin A, the antibacterial properties of which help fight unwanted (and unpleasant) penis odor. Look for a crème that also includes vitamin C, a key component of collagen, which gives skin its tone and elasticity and is vital for penile erections.
When a hole develops in the wall of the gallbladder, rectum, large bowel, small intestine, stomach or oesophagus, it is called gastrointestinal perforation. It is a medical emergency that needs urgent medical attention.
Symptoms of gastrointestinal perforation (GP) usually include
1. Serious stomach pain
Peritonitis (abdominal cavity lining inflammation) can also accompany the abovementioned condition. So in addition to the above symptoms, you may also experience peritonitis symptoms such as:
2. Passing less gas, urine or stools
3. Breathing difficulties
4. Fast heartbeats
Certain diseases can cause Gastro-intestinal perforation, such as:
2. Diverticulitis (A type of digestive disorder)
3. Stomach ulcer
5. Gallbladder infection
6. Inflammatory bowel diseases (inflammation in the small intestine and the colon)
7. Swollen Meckel’s diverticulum (abnormal bulging of the small intestine at birth)
8. Gastrointestinal tract cancer
Besides diseases, the following conditions can also lead to Gastro-intestinal perforation:
1. Blunt abdominal trauma
2. Gunshot or knife wound to the abdomen
3. Abdominal surgery
4. Stomach ulcers caused by excessive consumption of steroids, anti-inflammatory drugs and aspirin
5. Ingestion of caustic substances or foreign objects
Other than these, drinking alcohol, smoking and bowel injuries (caused by colonoscopy or endoscopy) can lead to GP as well.
Treatment options available
This condition is mostly treated with surgery. The goal of the surgery is to repair the anatomical problem and cause of peritonitis, along with removal of any foreign object in the abdominal socket, such as food, faeces and bile. However, if your doctor deems surgery unnecessary (in instances where the hole closes voluntarily) you will be only given antibiotics.
In some cases, a section of the intestine might need to be removed. An ileostomy or colostomy is performed where a portion of the large or small intestine is removed, which grants intestinal contents to empty or drain into a bag implanted on the wall of your abdomen.
The complications include:
2. Sepsis (Critical and fatal bacterial infection)
3. Belly ulcers
4. Wound infection
5. Bowel infarction (impaired supply of blood to the bowels)
6. Permanent colostomy or ileostomy
Back pain is something that affects many people all over the world. Persistent and chronic pain seems to be one of the most common complaints. Middle back pain is back pain that is felt in the thoracic vertebrae region, which is located between the base of the neck and top of the lumbar spine. The ribs attach to a long, flat bone in the middle of the chest called the sternum and wrap around the back. In case, there is a nerve around there is squeezed, disturbed, or injured, you are likely to feel pain in different spots where the nerve goes through, for example, your arms, legs, chest and the stomach.
Some of the most common causes of middle back pain are as follows:
Other contributing factors to injury include lack of strength which can be treated by a Pain Management Specialist using non-surgical methods.
When you walk into a dental consult assuming it’ll be just about that tooth which is hurting you’ll be shocked to know that it’s a lot more than just that.Every dentist is meant to evaluate you on a variety of characteristics starting from your mental make up down to your risk assessment. Remember (hangover the line about you’re just a dentist) those movies that talk about dentists not being doctors Well if you read on you’ll know why dentists are doing all the heavy lifting when it comes to your overall health as well.
1. Checking your overall health: It starts from the waiting room where we tend to check your overall appearance rule out any obvious syndromes and diseases. Your body language, breathing rate and sometimes even your gait can be telltale signs of underlying problems that when diagnosed well can medically save you years of treatment. A patient of ours was really tall and had a very oddly pronounced bone structure and we ordered hormone tests turns out he had a growth hormone excess which was due to a tumour which was thankfully removed in time. If you were panting getting to your dentist on the first floor you may want to get a fitness assessment for your heart.
2. Checking your facial profile: Your face shape colour and size has a lot to do with how your smile fits into that frame. Most dentists have a good idea about your teeth size shape and even alignment even before you open your mouth.
3. Profiling your personality: We learn to classify personality types in dental school as this helps us in communicating with you better and also customizing your smiles based on your nature. If you’re a bold female in a corporate job we reckon strong squarish teeth will suit your personality as opposed to round small teeth. If you’re a methodical and detail oriented patient chances are you’re extremely conscious about your dental hygiene as well. If you’re extremely phobic of the entire dental process we have prior assessments for the same to ensure proper treatment approaches suited to your needs.
4. Assessing your genetic propensity: When your dental checkup is happening we also take a family history to understand if you are genetically more prone to cavities and dental problems. These patterns have a tremendous genetic repetition and even if you brush twice a day you may wonder why you end up with cavities it could be because genetically you are more prone. This doesn’t mean all is lost but this means that you will have to protect yourself more than regular hygiene methods like a fluoride treatment annually starting from a young age can help give you extra protection.
5. Checking for any joint problems: Some of us end up getting severe facial pain and problems with our facial joints near the ears. Since this falls between the grey area of an ear,nose,throat physician or a dentist we don’t know who exactly will solve these problems. But many dentists undertake TMJ studies as a specialty in itself since it’s more to do with jaws and teeth than the ears. A normal checkup will entail assessing your joint is healthy as well.
6. Saving you from Cancer: A dentist also must check your gums lips and cheeks to rule out any white patches or growths that may increase your risk to cancer. A routine full mouth panoramic X-ray is actually legally mandatory after each checkup to rule out any hidden bone or jaw growths.
If you are someone who shudders at the sound of the word dentist, read our blog to help you to take the first step.
गर्भावस्था के दौरान महिलाएं कई तरह के शारीरिक बदलाव से गुजरती हैं. कई परिवर्तन काफी कष्टप्रद होते हैं. इस दौरान 18 से 24 सप्ताह के बीच पेट में दर्द गर्भाशय की अस्थियों में खिंचाव के कारण होता है. ये अस्थियां मूल रूप से दो ऊतकों के रूप में होती हैं जो आपके गर्भाशय को स्थिर रखती हैं. वे गर्भाशय और भ्रूण के बढ़ने के साथ खिंचते हैं. ये अधिकतर पेट के एक तरफ होता है और कभी कभी दोनों तरफ भी होता है. यह किसी ऐसी गतिविधि के फलस्वरूप हो सकता है जो जिनमें ये खिंचती हैं. जैसे खांसना, छींकना, हंसना या अचानक खड़े होने आदि पर यह हो सकता है. जब आप पहली बार दर्द महसूस करते हैं तो यह थोड़ा चिंताजनक हो सकता है. लेकिन यह पूरी तरह से सामान्य है और आमतौर पर इसके बारे में चिंतित होने की आवश्यकता नहीं है. हालांकि अगर दर्द कुछ सेकंड से अधिक समय तक रहता है तो डॉक्टर से संपर्क करना चाहिए. आइए इस लेख में इसे ठीक से समझें.
बाईं ओर पेट के निचले हिस्से (पेड़ू) में दर्द
गर्भावस्था के दौरान पेट दर्द आपके गर्भाशय और उसे स्थिरता प्रदान करने वाली अस्थियों के खिंचने के कारण होता है. भ्रूण के बढ़ने के साथ गर्भाशय की आंतरिक दीवार पर तनाव पड़ता है. आम तौर पर दूसरी तिमाही के दौरान पेट में दोनों तरफ दर्द हो सकता है. यदि दर्द बायीं तरफ हो रहा है तो ऐसा आपके गर्भाशय के थोड़ा सा दायीं ओर झुकने के कारण होता है. कभी कभी दायीं तरफ की अस्थियों को आराम देने के लिए बायीं ओर की अस्थियों में खिंचाव होता है. इस दर्द के सम्बन्ध में चिकित्सक से बात करें. इससे छुटकारा पाने के लिए वो आपको पेल्विक व्यायाम या कोई अन्य इलाज बता सकते हैं.
दुर्लभ मामलों में, गर्भावस्था के दौरान गंभीर समस्या के कारण भी पेट में बायीं तरफ दर्द हो सकता है. उदाहरण के लिए, यदि भ्रूण बाएं फेलोपियन ट्यूब में असामान्य रूप से आरोपित हुआ है जिसे एक्टोपिक गर्भावस्था कहते हैं तो इस कारण भी बायीं तरफ दर्द हो सकता है. हालांकि कुछ महिलाओं को गर्भावस्था के प्रारंभिक सप्ताह में कोई लक्षण अनुभव नहीं होते. एक्टोपिक गर्भधारण में यदि फैलोपियन ट्यूब फट जाये तो यह मां और बच्चे दोनों के जीवन को खतरे में डालने वाली स्थिति हो सकती है. हालांकि गर्भावस्था के प्रारम्भ में ही इसका अल्ट्रासाउंड परीक्षण द्वारा निदान हो जाता है और सर्जरी द्वारा इसका इलाज होता है. अन्य संभावित गंभीर स्थितियां जो बायीं तरफ पेट के दर्द का कारण हो सकती हैं, उनमें प्रारंभिक या समय से पूर्व प्रसव, मिस्कैरेज, किडनी में पथरी और कुछ संक्रमण प्रमुख हैं.
यदि आप गर्भावस्था के दौरान बाएं तरफा पेट के दर्द से ग्रस्त हैं तो संभावित कारण और उपचार जानने के लिए डॉक्टर से अवश्य बात करें. हालांकि हल्के दर्द का अनुभव होना अच्छा होता है क्योंकि इसका मतलब है कि आपकी गर्भावस्था सामान्य तरीके से बढ़ रही है. अगर दर्द गंभीर है या बुखार, रक्तस्राव या अन्य लक्षण महसूस हो रहे हैं तो तुरंत चिकित्सक से संपर्क करें.
पेट के ऊपरी हिस्से में दर्द
यह ज़रूरी नहीं कि गर्भावस्था के दौरान दर्द महसूस होना हमेशा गंभीर रोग का ही संकेत हो, कभी कभी दर्द सामान्य गर्भावस्था का संकेत भी होता है. हालांकि पेट में दर्द गर्भाशय की अस्थियों के खिंचाव के कारण ही होता है लेकिन कभी कभी यह दर्द कुछ अन्य कारणों जैसे - पेट में सूजन पेट में गैस, डायरिया, कब्ज वास्तव में गर्भवती महिलाओं को अपनी समस्याओं का समाधान स्वयं करने की कोशिश नहीं करनी चाहिए. साथ ही गर्भावस्था के दौरान उचित समयांतराल पर डॉक्टर से चेकअप कराते रहना चाहिए.
गर्भावस्था के दौरान ऊपरी पेट दर्द हमेशा, पेट में सूजन या वृद्धि होने के कारण नहीं होता है. कभी कभी यह निम्नलिखित गंभीर रोगों का भी संकेत हो सकता है. गर्भावस्था के दौरान इनमें से प्रत्येक रोग गंभीर होता है और यदि इनका इलाज नहीं किया गया तो परिणाम जानलेवा हो सकते हैं. प्री-एक्लेमप्सिया - महिला का ब्लड प्रैशर घातक रूप से बढ़ जाता है.
You know that diabetes is a chronic condition that renders difficulties to the patient in several aspects. A comprehensive care is essential to manage it effectively as the condition can lead to many other diseases including eye diseases.
If you have been diagnosed with diabetic or hypertensive eyes, then it means that your vision has started to deteriorate. But you need not lose hope as it is still possible to remedy the situation. Understanding the issue in detail will help you cope with the situation better.
What are diabetic and hypertensive eyes?
Diabetic eye refers to the complications in the eyes as a result of diabetes. It affects the blood vessels of the retina and hence develop impairment of vision and loss of vision in severe cases. Similarly, hypertensive eye as indicated by the name is the situation where in the eye is affected as a result of hypertension. This is because high blood pressure affects the blood vessels of the retina. It does not allow the retina to function properly and puts pressure on the optic nerve resulting is vision problems.
What are the symptoms of diabetic retinopathy?
Like many conditions of this nature, the early stages of diabetic retinopathy may occur without symptoms and without pain. An actual influence on the vision will not occur until the disease advances. Symptoms may only become noticeable once the disease advances, but the typical symptoms of retinopathy to look out for include:
How to take care of the conditions?
In the conditions of the diabetic eye and hypertensive eye that prime step to take care is to control diabetes and hypertension respectively. By following the prescribed medications for these conditions, the vision problem can be managed. At the same time, some adequate preventive measures are of utmost importance to efficiently and effectively take care of both diabetic eye and hypertensive eye.
Taking care of diabetic eye
First and foremost, you need to keep your diabetes under control and prevent it from being getting into the advanced stage. You should take utmost care to maintain the blood sugar level under control. After that, it is also necessary to keep the blood pressure in the correct range. Also, the cholesterol level in the blood needs to be under control. A proper and balanced diet is essential in this case. Whole grains, green leafy vegetables, fruits and lean protein should be included in the diet. Exercising is also very important to deal with diabetic, and if you are a smoker, you should quit it immediately since it causes problems with the blood vessels.
Taking care of hypertensive eye
You should bring down your blood pressure to the correct level and maintain it. You should consume a diet which contains all the essential nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. You should make sure not to do or involve in anything activity that can increase your tension or excite you. Smoking and drinking should be avoided to deal with the hypertensive eyes effectively. You should get yourself adequate and peaceful sleep which will help you to ease out of tension.
It is imperative to consult an ophthalmologist if you notice the classic symptoms of vision problems such as blurry vision, seeing floaters or flashes. If the condition progresses, treatment will involve medications or surgery depending on the severity of the condition. Hence, the best way to avoid such complications is to maintain a healthy lifestyle to take due care of your eyes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Every action we do as a part of our daily lives is bound to have an impact on our body. For example, our nature of work, posture or physical activity can result in back pain, which can become chronic and frustrating. But, with physiotherapy, such issues can be managed efficiently.
Physiotherapy for back pain
Lower back pain can severely reduce an individual’s ability to work and affects his quality of life. If you are experiencing dull or sharp pain, the cause of this can range from a sudden injury or slowly build over time as a result of obesity among other reasons.
Physiotherapy is one of the most effective ways to treat back pain and has proven very useful over time. The practice includes specific exercises, stretching, dry needling and most importantly massages that are performed by highly skilled physiotherapists. Such methods are beneficial to relieve discomfort and treat back pain. It is essential to receive physiotherapy after an acute episode of back pain since it helps avoid further complications while also reducing your need to visit your doctor frequently. Just like with any form of treatment, chances of prevention and recovery are higher when physiotherapy is received early on.
Physiotherapists shall also show their clients certain stretching and strengthen exercises that help strengthen the back muscles and shall offer expert manual therapy in the form of massages with essential oils to ease back pain and improve blood circulation in the targeted area. The increased blood circulation also helps repair tissue and nerve damage, thus setting the patient on the road to recovery. For some patients, massage is more than enough and is all they need to feel better and get healed. The special techniques used by physiotherapists during massage sessions help relieve tension and relax the aching muscles. There are various techniques of offering massage in physiotherapy and vary in terms of the type of hand movements.
What kind of treatment do you need?
Physiotherapy treatment occurs in its various forms such as deep tissue massage, Swedish massage, manipulation therapy, trigger point massage and mobilization. Each of these types of massage tackles the various causes of back pain, and your therapist shall recommend the type of massage that shall suit the cause of your back pain after diagnosis. The physiotherapist shall also refer you to a specialized massage therapist who shall be highly skilled in the forms above of massage.
The proven effectiveness of physiotherapy is what has made it so popular even among athletes who are prone to pain and injury. Since physiotherapy can treat back pain in ways more than one, its effectiveness depends on using the right form of treatment which depends on your causes and symptoms of back pain.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Heart palpitations have been one of the most common health issues that patients complaints and consult a physician for. In most cases, they are quite benign. But sometimes they could be symptomatic of an underlying heart condition. To diagnose them though, your heart activity needs to be monitored for a period of time. Hence, the use of a heart monitor to make a diagnosis is vital. Heart monitors are diagnostic tools that read the heart’s electrical activity which can be used to prescribe specific therapies and medications.
Types of Heart Monitors-
A portable battery operated device can be worn for a period of 24-48 hours. With wires that have silver coin-sized electrodes that can be attached to your skin comfortably, they record your ECG continuously.
An event monitor records the patient’s heart rhythm and rates for a few weeks up to 30 days to determine the cause of a transient event. It is used to monitor patients whose symptoms are infrequent and unpredictable, to allow for a greater chance to capture an irregularity.
Worn throughout the day or two days, it is used to detect cardiac conditions like atrial fibrillation or a possible stroke When experiencing symptoms, the recording is initiated by the patient for a brief period to record the event.
How do heart monitors work?
Irregular heart rhythms can come and go. Heart monitors record heartbeat over a long period of time as you go about your daily, normal activities. It helps evaluate if your medications are working, if you have other symptoms like faintness, or if your heart is getting enough oxygen.
Difference between a fitness tracker and a heart monitor
A fitness tracker will only record your heart rate. A heart monitor tracks heart rate and also the more specific ECG information and heart rhythm.
Risks of heart monitors
There are no risk factors involved with the use of a heart monitor. Since the electrodes are taped to your chest with adhesives, if you allergic it may cause some mild skin irritation.
How to use a heart monitor?
A trained technician will attach the electrodes to your chest. You might have to shave a patch of chest hair to ensure that the electrodes attach firmly. Since they are portable, you will be able to carry it in your pocket quite easily or sling it across your shoulders. You will be required to keep a diary of your activities through the day. You will also have to make a note in your diary if you experience any symptom like dizziness, shortness of breath or chest pain. These notes will then be compared to the changes in your ECG recorded by your heart monitor.
Since they are basically electromagnetic devices there are a few simple precautions one needs to take when wearing a heart monitor. They are-
If the rhythm and rates of the monitor show an underlying symptom, your cardiac physician can then diagnose it. They are also helpful in diagnosing patients with severe anxiety and panic disorders. And since these monitors are connected to a database, they offer diagnostics in real time and with higher accuracy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!