Skin care tips for men
Daily shaving can take a serious toll on a man's skin-especially when you factor in the drying effects of winter weather. Check out our expertâs advice on how to keep your skin healthy, clean and moisturized.
Whether or not you have acne, it's important to wash your face twice daily to remove impurities, dead skin cells, and extra oil from your skin's surface.
Homeopathy is a branch of traditional medicine that aims to cure diseases and disorders by focusing on causal factors. Homeopathic treatment comes to your aid for all your big and small problems alike. If you are part of the league that suffers from oily skin, homeopathy will be your answer. In most cases, oily skin doesn't lead to severe health issues, but it does cause inconvenience. It makes you feel sticky and smudgy, leading to a loss of confidence.
Homeopathic cures to keep oil on the skin at bay
Natrum Mur: A good homeopath will administer this medicine only after having inquired a litany of things about your constitution. A homeopathic preparation varies from person to person depending upon the constitution of their body. If you have oily skin, you are prone to pore - clogging, acne, pimples and pockmarks. Natrum Mur efficiently deals with these problems. It helps in removing excess oil from the pores, making your skin glow at the same time. Prescription of this medicine is based on symptoms like inability to cope with difficulties, nervousness, intolerance to heat exposure, and an agitated disposition.
Psorinum: Your greasy skin often casts a shadow on your natural complexion. Oily skin makes you look exhausted at all times of the day. You can benefit from Psorinum as it deals with the overactive
sebaceous glands, cleans the pores of your skin, treats pimples and also fights dark patches. People who sweat profusely and suffer from body odor problems or people susceptible to cold are usually advised to take this medicine.
Silicea and Kali Bromatum: Excess oil secretion often leads to the development of pus containing acne or pimples. These pimples, when diminish, may leave permanent or long lasting marks on your face. Scars and marks further result in pigmentation. Such problems can take a huge toll on your psychological health, leading you to be overly concerned about the way you look or losing interest in self appearance. In this regard, Silicea and Kali Bromatum can work wonders for your oily skin and its resultant effects.
Berberis Aquifolium: No amount of make up can mar the appeal of clear skin. If you have oily skin, you are likely to face dullness. Since dirt easily settles on a greasy skin, it can make you look darker than usual. Berberis Aquifolium is an unparalleled medication in homeopathy that treats the above conditions without any side effects.
If you have an oily skin, use alchohol-free, hydrating toner to remove dirt from the skin. Apply a little moisturizer as well.
Most girls and boys on attaining puberty face the problems of oily skin almost indiscriminately. Oil with all its undertones of nourishment and care might accost you positively yet an excess is never good. Oily skin can result in problems like pimples, acne or skin pigmentation. The greasiness of a frying pan is surely not desirable on your tender, soft skin. To remedy the case, one should seek professional medical guidance. Visiting the dermatologist can control excess oil secretions while preventing you from acne or acne scars.
Reasons behind oily skin and subsequent acne formations:-
1. Seborrhea - Oily skin is a condition that is prevalently referred to as seborrhea. Puberty may or may not lead to seborrhea; it is usually known to accelerate the effect of androgen on your oil glands thus making your skin sticky.
2. Lifestyle problems - The kind of lifestyle you lead plays a major role in deciding the texture of your skin. Having junk food or processed sugar in excess could contribute to oily skin.
3. Hair oil habits - Oiling one's hair very frequently and leaving the oil to settle for more than an hour could be a causal factor as well. An oily scalp may lead to the development of acne on your forehead and on the rest of your face.
4. Bacterial build-up on oily skin - An oily surface tends to attract dirt and grime. Therefore, a skin with excess oil will have a higher concentration of bacteria that further cause pimples and acne.
5. Blocked pores - Overactive oil glands are capable of blocking the pores on your skin. This prevents the skin from breathing. Chances of acne or other skin disorders are higher in such a situation.
Ways to deal with oily skin and acne:-
1. Go by the doctor's directions- If you have already seen a dermatologist you should follow his instructions and make necessary adjustments.
2. Clean your face at least twice daily to rid yourself of unnecessary oil.
3. Use skin care products which specifically suit your requirements and don't buy into the hoax of marketing. If you are confused about what to use, talk to your dermatologist and get a specific set of products or ingredients that should be in those products. Use these as a guide in determining your future purchases as well.
In case you have a concern or query regarding skincare consult doctor online, you can always consult the best dermatologist online & get the answers to your questions.
Acne can be a major chronic issue with many people, especially women. Ugly breakouts will cause you to become conscious about your skin and affect your confidence. While you may try a whole range of products to cure and to keep your skin free of acne, there are certain basic tips which you can implement with great success.
1. Don't depend on exfoliation and don't do too much of it: While light exfoliation is quite good for the skin, but too much, too regular and too hard scrubbing will only result in the skin’s oil glands becoming overactive. This, in turn, may encourage the growth of even more acne. Use your fingers to clean your skin lightly instead of using abrasive products.
2. Get products which are primarily salicylic acid based: This acid is a naturally occurring light chemical, which is very good at cleansing skin. Thus look for products, which have high levels of this ingredient. It can easily remove all the dead skin cells that may close the pores of your skin while retaining the moisture within.
3. Stop using products that may dehydrate your skin: Many alcohol-based astringents and other products meant to take out the oil from your skin to reduce acne, instead end up causing it. This is because if the skin is too dehydrated, it will overproduce oil to keep it hydrated. Use products, which will not dehydrate your skin. After washes, ensure that you moisturize your skin with a light moisturizer even while the skin is damp to ensure natural balanced levels of moisture.
4. Avoid the tendency or the temptation to touch your face: Your hands are a reservoir of oil and dirt in microscopic levels as you use them to do a multitude of things throughout the day. You may have a subconscious habit of touching your face multiple times throughout the day. This will cause all the oil and grime to deposit on your face, which will only lead to acne. Thus develop the habit of not touching your face too much.
5. Be careful with the type of makeup you use: Understand, which products work better with your skin. There are certain products, which will immediately cause problems on your skin and thus you should avoid them. Certain materials such as titanium oxide, silica and zinc oxide are known to be good bases for makeup products. These ingredients absorb excess oil and won't clog pores. Try switching and stick to the ones that cause the least skin problems.
If still acne persists then take advice of a dermatologist who can help you get rid of acne. Better to treat acne early than late.
When it comes to skin, there are three main categories: oily, normal and dry. As a person ages, their skin may fall under different categories. This categorization is based on the amount of oil secreted by the oil glands in the skin. Oil is essential for healthy skin, but excessive oil production can cause blemishes, acne and a number of other skin problems. Apart from excessive oil secretion, enlarged pores, a shiny yet dull complexion and the presence of blackheads or other such blemishes are commonly seen in cases of oily skin.
Oily skin needs special care as not only does it affect your looks, but it can also worsen puberty and other hormonal imbalances.
Homeopathy is the system of medicine in which ailments are treated by minimal doses of natural substances. It attacks and cures the root cause of the ailment without causing side effects. To deal with skin disease, it not only studies the skin type but also takes into account a complete analysis of the mind, genetic factors and the condition of the immune system. Homeopathy just doesn’t treat the symptoms, but delves inside the body and takes on the root cause behind the symptoms.
Homeopathy is a holistic form of medication that has negligible side effects and is effective at controlling oily skin and the conditions caused by it. Some of the popular homeopathic remedies used to control oily skin are:
Sulphur: It helps nourish skin and give it a healthy glow while clearing pimples and scars created by them. It is often prescribed in cases where a patient’s skin looks dull or is scaly. Apart from the visible symptoms, personality characteristics that are kept in mind while prescribing sulphur are excessive internal body heat, especially in the palms and soles and excessive craving for sweets. The patient may also use medicated soaps and ointments injudiciously.
Berberis Aquifolium: This is used in cases where the patient’s skin has significant scarring caused by pimples or acne. It helps lighten the complexion and give the skin an even tone. Berberis Aquifolium also gives the skin a natural glow.
Psorinum: This homeopathic remedy is often prescribed to patients who have oily, greasy skin that gives them a darkened, dirty appearance and triggers acne breakouts. This is most often caused by overactive sebaceous glands on the face. Psorinum helps clear pimples and controls excessive oil secretion. It also deep cleanses pores and lightens skin. Most people who benefit from Psorinum are extra sensitive to cold air and perspire excessively with an offensive odour.
Silicea and Kali Bromatum: These homeopathic remedies are prescribed in cases of dis figurative scarring caused by pimples that contain pus. It also helps smoothen skin in cases where pimples have given skin a pitted appearance. In addition, Kali Bromatum is used to clear hard indurated pimples and to lighten skin that has darkened due to acne breakouts.
People who suffer from oily skin tend to have multiple advantages such as a younger looking skin over a longer period of time as wrinkles, spots and fine lines tend to creep in much later. However, there are many inherent disadvantages of having oily skin such as a shiny face and frequent occurrences of pimples and acne. Some of the tips to take care of your greasy or oily skin are mentioned below:
1. Use face cleansers which are gentle on your skin - It is very important that you choose a cleanser which has the best ingredients in them as harder elements can damage your skin and accelerate oil production. Products which are specifically marketed for oily skin or acne and best suited for these purposes usually contain the following ingredients:
2. Use medicated pads or blotting paper to remove excess oil - For greasy or oily skin, one of the best solutions is to use specially medicated pads or blotting paper which can easily remove the grime from your face. There are many over the counter products available which are specially made for this purpose. You can use these in between daily facial washes.
3. Don't wash your face more than twice daily - It is recommended you wash your face twice daily with a gentle face cleanser but not more than that. Washing your face more than twice daily could actually strip your skin of all moisture and encourage the production of more oil.
4. Use natural face masks and clays to soothe your skin once a week - Natural clays and face masks made of ingredients like fullers earth, commonly known as multani mitti or sandalwood will soothe and cool your skin. It also removes excess oil and harmful bacteria from the skin.
5. Control what you eat - Diet plays a big part on how skin is affected as well. Consuming food items which are high in sugar and oil such as fried food items and fizzy drinks will definitely contribute to more oil on your skin. Replacing them with fruits and vegetables like apricots, mangoes, lettuce, kale, carrots and sweet potatoes will reduce the oiliness of your skin.
6. Make up also plays a major role - The type of foundation or make up you use can also contribute to how much oil you have on your skin. While choosing make up try and avoid heavy foundation and choose water-based liquid make up instead of oil based ones.
Oily skin: your skin tends to attract more dirt than dry skin, so wash your face twice a day with a gentle non-foaming cleanser and warm water.
Acne and pimples mostly occur due to hormonal changes occurring in the body. They are most prominent among teenagers undergoing hormonal transition. The growth hormones become ultra active and the oil glands present in the skin produce more. The glands present under hair follicles are infected and get inflamed, resulting in pimples. Pimples are a nightmare for teenagers, who are conscious about their look and appearance. Eruptions of pimples of different sizes, blisters and rashes of black or red colours are bound to worry look-conscious individuals. Acne and pimples do not usually have easy solutions or quick remedies.
When it comes to treatment of acnes and pimples, Homeopathic medicines are considered the most effective and paramount. Homeopathic cure does not intend to quick-fix acne and pimples. The objective being the correction of inner causes, it allows the pimples to heal slowly on their own instead of taking any medicine of high dose. The process might take some time, but it surely is the most effective. The problem gets solved from its roots. Scars from previous eruptions are also permanently healed using homeopathic medicines. Homeopathy is, therefore, the best way to cure acnes and pimples.
POPULAR HOMEOPATHIC REMEDIES FOR ACNE AND PIMPLES.
Here is a list of the most common solutions for acne and pimples and what they indicate:
- It is a very common cure, especially for chronic cases of acne
- The eruptions cause great pain.
- They are present in the form of abscesses.
- Patient is vulnerable to cold and pain. Increased rate of perspiration.
- Patient tends to get agitated and irritates very easily
- In cases where there is pus formation
- The best homeopathic medicine for acne
- Increased rate of perspiration. The patient cannot bear cold at all.
- Skin turns pale and tender.
- For cases where the intake of rich junk food and indigestion are the causes of acne.
- Also in cases of girls suffering from menstrual problems
- Symptoms include decreased thirst.
- Patient is usually very sensitive to heat
4. Nux Vomica
- For cases where acne formation is because of gastric disruptions.
- Skin seems to appear red and blotchy
- Caused because of having too much spicy food
- Signs of constipation and over sensitiveness to cold
- Formation of tiny red pimples all over the face
- Very irritable in nature
- Arthritic pain in fingers and loss of appetite
- White, thick coating on tongue
- Formed due to cosmetic use, especially during summer
- Skin tends to itch
- Cheeks swell up and become pale
- Makes patient restless.
Homeopathy is certainly the best way to deal with and to get rid of unwanted, ugly acne, which ruin your face. There are more homeopathic cures for other types of acne and pimples for which you can consult any homeopathy physician.