Libido, also known as the drive for intimate activities, is a person’s general sexual drive or yearning for sexual desire. A person’s drive in this area depends upon biological, psychological as well as social factors. Sometimes both physical and mental factors may cause this problem.
Physical issues that can bring about low drive include low testosterone, professionally prescribed meds, too little or a lot of work out and excessive liquor or drug use. Mental issues can include depression, stress and issues in your relationship.
Homeopathy treatment has some capable and fruitful solutions to increase the libido or drive without any symptoms or side effects. Homeopathic cures are prescribed based upon the symptoms instead of the conditions, as the symptoms of a specific disease can differ in different individuals. All these medicines must be prescribed only by a trained homeopath or doctor. Here are a few homeopathic cures for low libido issues:
Agnus castus: It is used for the following symptoms faced by patients with low libido:
• Sexual despair
• Anxious depression and mental premonitions
• Yellow discharge from the urethra and low or no sexual desire
• No erections
• Scanty periods in women
Lycopodium: It is used for the following symptoms faced by patients with low libido:
• Losing libido after some time that is, steady loss of sexual craving
• Despair, the need to be distant from everyone else, feeble memory, decreasing brain power
• Poor processing, dyspepsia, waking up during the evening feeling hungry, experiencing hepatic illness
• Delayed menstruation in women
• No erection, fatigue and feeling feeble, untimely discharge
• Vaginal drying
• Skin breakouts
• Delayed inadequate periods, obstruction, spinal pain
• Too soon or no ejaculation in men, aversion to sex, herpetic ejections
• Uncertain, anxious feeling
• Headache in the mornings on waking up
• Individuals who are susceptible to to skin infections
This homeopathic medicine is used in the following cases:
• Low sexual desire in men, delicate and swollen genitals, skin inflammation of scrotum
• Early and heavy flow periods
• Pain in liver for women
• Pimples, skin inflammation, hair fall
• Spasms in the upper arms and wrists, tearing pain in joints
• Ladies who were strong and tough, but have ended up irritable, depressive and not interested in friends and family
• Loss of sexual desire after pregnancy, labour, or unnatural birth cycle
• Loss of sexual craving during menopausal stage
• Psychical impotence in men, loss of sexual desire, insufficient erections
• Sexual craving totally crushed in ladies, extreme uterine pain, periods too soon and excessively drawn out
• Drained and numb feeling in the legs
Since low libido is a fundamentally important issue, it should be dealt with proper consultation and treatment to wipe out the chances of recurrence or side-effects.
Shin splints' is a condition, which is characterized by pain in the shin bone, the bone that is present in front of the leg. Shin splints tend to occur quite frequently in runners and dancers as their activities tend to stress the shin bone.
When excess force is applied to the shinbone, it may result in swelling of the muscles, causing pain and inflammation. It may also occur from stress reactions to fractures in the bone. Cracks tend to develop due to constant application of force in the bones. If the area is not well rested then these cracks will not heal and ultimately lead to a complete fracture.
Some other causes of shin splints are
1. Muscle imbalance in the glutes or the thighs
2. Anatomical deformity such as flat foot
3. Not using proper form during training
4. Lack of flexibility
5. If you wear improper shoes during workouts, then it may lead to shin problems
6. Running downhill may lead to excessive stress on the shin leading to shin splints
The symptoms of shin splints are:
1. You may experience swelling in the lower leg
2. A dull pain in the front portion of the leg
3. Tenderness around the shin area
4. Numbness around the shin area
5. Inflammation in the shin area
6. You may experience severe pain while walking
The basic treatment for shin splints is the RICE (rest, ice, compression and elevation) protocol. It means allowing the leg to rest, applying ice packs and wearing compression bandages. It is recommended to take rest and not exert the leg beyond a certain point to limit the damage. The complications that may result from shin splints are compartment syndrome, where there is buildup of pressure in the muscle. In some cases, where the muscle tears off from the bone, a surgery may be required to treat this condition.
Sometimes you may find yourself stuck in a rut that is frustrating and mind numbing. If you’re in such a situation, it could be an indication that you need to reprogram your mind. This will help you set realistic goals for yourself and lead a more fulfilling life. Before getting to how to reprogram your mind, it is important to first understand how the mind works.
Mind vs Brain
In colloquial terms, the words mind and brain may be used interchangeably but, the two are in fact not the same. While the brain is a physical organ, the mind can be described as a virtual entity present within each cell of our body and extended to minimum 2 inches outside body. That is why mind controls body. It is more like a collection of thoughts, emotions, imagination and memories. When compared to a computer, the brain acts as the hardware while the mind is the software within it.
The Three States of Mind
The mind can be categorized into three states:
Actions that need you to make an effort and think about what you are doing are said to be performed by the conscious mind. The subconscious mind refers to information that is accessible to you when needed and otherwise not something you pay attention to. For example, when walking down the road to your house, your mind subconsciously creates landmarks. The unconscious mind consists largely of primitive instincts and memories from early childhood that may not be easily recalled.
Unconscious mind also contains memories from past lives. That has been proved by father of modern hypnotherapy, Dr. Brian Weiss. Thus hypnotherapy under supervision is a great tool for reprogramming your mind. Embedding positive cognitive scripts / suggestions through hypnosis helps in reprogramming mind.
A majority of our daily functions are controlled by the unconscious mind. The memories stored in our unconscious mind are responsible for many decisions that we make based on beliefs. Thus, training the unconscious can help reprogram the mind and make it more productive.
Here are three easy tips to help you make your unconscious more efficient.
Bunions, also known as hallux valgus, are a medical condition where the big toe is deformed and points toward the second toe. While most people believe bunions to be a simple bump on the side of the feet, it really is a manifestation of a change in the anatomy. Some people may suffer from a slightly different form of the bunion, where the deformity occurs on the base of the small toe. This is called as a tailor’s bunion.
Causes for bunions-
• Bunions are hereditary and run in families
• Use of improper footwear may also lead to the condition. For instance, tight-fitting shoes or small footwear has a high chance of causing the bunions.
• People affected with arthritis also face the risk of the condition
Symptoms of bunions-
As the condition deteriorates, the following symptoms may become apparent-
Treatment for Bunions-
Non-surgical treatments are effective in most cases and surgical procedure is required under rare circumstances. Additionally, patients can also utilize certain home remedies as well. Here is a look at some non-surgical remedies for bunions-
• Wearing proper fitting shoes that offer adequate leg space can often provide relief to discomfort caused by bunions
• Putting pads over the bunions to protect against the pain and preventing further deterioration
• People can also avoid putting too much strain on their feet, which in turn reduces the pain from the disorder
• Over-the-counter pain relievers and NSAIDs can help deal with the issue and keep the pain at bay
• Specialized orthotic devices can help treat and manage the bunions as well. These footwear rectifies the deformity of the bone.
• Lastly, application of ice over the bunion can also reduce the inflammation and the pain
Following the above measures can help with the symptoms of hallux valgus. In most cases, the patient suffering from this condition finds relief from the pain and discomfort. Surgical treatments are only required when all other treatments have failed to produce the desired result.
Cubital Tunnel Syndrome is also known as Ulnar Neuropathy, a nerve compression syndrome where the Ulnar nerve, also known as the funny bone nerve, gets compressed due to heightened pressure or stretching. It can lead to numbness or a tingling sensation in little and ring fingers, sometimes pain in forearm and an overall weakness in the hand. Ulnar nerve is one of the three main nerves in the arm. It runs in a groove on the inner side of the elbow. Since it travels through a narrow space and has very little protective tissue, the nerve is quite vulnerable to compression.
The symptoms of this condition may range from mild to severe. Some of the mild symptoms include:
Bending elbow over a long period of time like while using cell phone or during sleep can cause ulnar nerve compression. Resting the elbow for a long period over a hard surface can also cause an irritation of the nerve, leading to such symptoms. In some cases, the nerve snaps back and forth over a bony bump, resulting in an irritated nerve. People who undertake intense physical activity, especially using their arms, are more likely to develop this problem. Eg. baseball pitchers. Apart from this, people who have suffered from a dislocated elbow or have arthritis are also at risk.
Generally, doctors diagnose this condition through the symptoms. However, nerve tests are also conducted to check the level of nerve compression. Electromyography is a procedure in which electrodes are placed on the skin and muscles to measure muscle health. Determining muscle health and level of compression helps decide the mode of treatment. Generally, the symptoms of cubital tunnel syndrome are managed through a conservative treatment. However, in cases of severe compression, surgery can be considered as an option to relieve pressure, moving nerve to the front of the elbow or removing a part of the bone.
For mild cases, a towel or a protective cover for elbow is recommended. The towel should be wrapped around the elbow loosely. An elbow splint can be worn at night to protect the elbow from being bent for long time.
How can a physical therapist help?
A physiotherapist has an essential role to play in treatment of this syndrome. A therapist can help the patient to learn ways of avoiding pressure to the nerve. After surgery, with restrictions of movement, a therapist can help achieve smooth recovery and movement of the elbow. Your physical therapist will determine the activities that bring on your symptoms. The recommendations at this point will be to avoid those activities for a time. Remember, the nerve is irritated and at times swollen. If the irritation and swelling are reduced, the symptoms should resolve.
Five Causes of Numb Penis and How to Regain Sensation
What's going on downstairs can tell a man a lot about what's going on in his body as a whole. When dealing with a loss of penile sensation, there are several things that could be at work. Some causes can be easily remedied, but others can be more serious and require medical attention. Also, take note that numbness can also be accompanied by other symptoms like pins-and-needles, coldness in the penis, color change, or an additional loss of sensation in the testicles and perineum. Be sure to track all symptoms in order to find out which of the causes below is most likely.
1) Injuries - An injury can result in a numb penis. This results from receiving damage to certain blood vessels. Playing sports, bumping into the corner of a cabinet, or getting a blow to the genital region can result in an injury that causes loss of penile sensation. Other injuries, like those sustained by vigorous sex or masturbation, can also cause injury, especially as the member is erect when it happens. Use of a penile pump can also cause injury.
2) Nerve Issues - Several medical conditions have a side effect called neuropathy. This is when a limb or appendage can go numb. The appendage can also experience extreme coldness or burn and feel like needles are stabbing the area. Conditions like diabetes, multiple sclerosis, lupus, vascular disease, and some cancers carry this risk.
3) Lifestyle - It's hard to believe, but some lifestyle choices can also cause a numb penis. Wearing tight clothes, riding a bicycle, or sitting for too long can put pressure on the penis and lead to an injury. Soaps and detergents can also sometimes cause irritation, redness, and rash on penile skin leading to loss of sensation.
4) Peyronie's Disease - While pretty rare, Peyronie's disease is associated with loss of penile sensation. An accumulation of scar tissue, called plaque, within the penis typifies this disease. The scar tissue can be less sensitive than regular penile tissue, so some people experience desensitization or numbness.
5) Prostate Cancer - The prostate is an important part of the male body. It produces the fluid that carries sperm and helps to push it out during release. A tumor on the prostate can lead to numbness and tingling in the penis. Also, men suffering from this may have trouble urinating or feel the urge to urinate more as a result.
How to Regain Sensation in a Numb Penis?
In the case of serious matters such as cancer and neuropathy, men should give attention to the underlying disease state before treating the symptom, in this case, a numb penis. See a medical professional for diagnosis and treatment.
For less serious matters, men can regain the loss of sensation in several ways. For lifestyle changes, wear looser fabrics, especially in the genital region. When sitting for long periods of time, try to get up and walk around for five minutes just to get circulation going. For bicyclists, find a comfortable seat and be aware of how much time is being spent in the saddle.
or those men who may suffer from occasional "overuse," take a sabbatical from intimacy for a few days or longer until sensation returns. In the case of self-pleasure, be mindful of the tightness of grip as progressive tightness can have long-term repercussions. Be sure to give the penis proper daily care by gently washing it with a nonabrasive cleanser and warm water. Follow up cleansing with a specially formulated penis health creme (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which has been clinically proven safe and mild for skin) daily. Nutrient creams that are designed specifically for the penis should contain nutrients and vitamins A, C, D, and E, which are noted for their skin-soothing and healing properties. Men should also look for a moisturizer containing a natural hydrator such as Shea butter, which calms irritated skin on contact and leaves it hydrated, supple and less prone to future drying and redness. Also, a creme with L-Carnitine is optimal for men experiencing a numb penis because it promotes penis sensitivity and well-being.
One of the most loved Bollywood actresses, Anushka Sharma, has reportedly been diagnosed with bulging disc, more commonly known as a slipped disc or a protruding disc.
As per the media reports, the actress, who has been busy promoting her upcoming movie ‘Sui Dhaga’, has been advised rest by doctors.
So , let’s take a look at the symptoms, causes and treatment of bulging disc.
A bulging disc happens when the tough outer layer of the disc bulges into the spinal canal. It is one of the most common spine injuries which can occur in your lumbar spine (lower back), cervical spine (neck) or thoracic spine (upper and mid-back).
The symptoms of bulging disc can vary on the basis of the location and severity of the condition. There is a possibility that a person suffering from a slipped disc does not have any signs till the bulging area does not press against a nearby nerve.
A person, however, may feel severe pain if the spinal nerve is pressurised by displaced disc material.
The signs of bulging disc may include:
The most common sign of the disease is intense pain radiating to the hips, buttocks, legs and feet due to damaged disc. In the cervical spine, pain can radiate from the neck, down the arm and to the fingers. The other signs are numbness, weakness, tingling and muscle spasms.
Causes of a bulging disc:
Among the most common reasons for a bulging disc are injury, wear-and-tear, ageing, excess body weight, severe trauma, etc.
Genetics may also be the reason for developing this condition. People with family history of degenerative spine conditions are more prone this disease.
What are the treatments?
People who are diagnosed with a bulging disc are generally recommended treatments that relieve its symptoms. These treatments include warm compresses, exercises, medication and rest.
If the condition of the patient does not improve even after the above mentioned measures, the doctor will advise surgery.
How to prevent a bulging disc?
Bulging disc can not be entirely prevented but you can be physically active, do some back strengthening exercises and yoga to reduce the chances of suffering from it.
We hope the condition of Anushka is not severe and she soon returns to her full-fledged schedule to keep us enthralled with her flawless on screen performances. Wish her a speedy recovery !
Brain mapping is a technique where the biological quantities of a human brain are represented as spatial quantities resulting in maps. As with many other medical technologies, brain mapping is fast-evolving as well. Among several uses, brain mapping is chiefly used while performing surgery on the brain.
When surgery is to be performed on the brain such as surgery for epilepsy, the surgeon would want to comprehend how the brain areas are affected by seizures. The surgical intervention is meant for removing as much as seizure focus as possible while preserving crucial functions like understanding, speech, vision, movement, and sensation.
Why is brain mapping performed?
Brain mapping is a process which helps in identification of functions of various parts of the brain. Mapping the brain by stimulating different areas of the brain areas can aid in creating a map for a particular person. The map allows the doctor in understanding what parts of the brain are responsible for performing critical functions including sensation, movement, speech and other functions.
Which functions of the brain can be mapped electrically?
Typical areas of the brain which have motor, language, visual and sensory functions are needed to be mapped. When current is applied to a single area at a time, the doctor understands which part of the brain is responsible for which function.
When the patient is not able to speak due to the current, then the area is likely to be crucial for language function. If the limbs, face or trunk of the patient stop moving as the current passes, the area that is tested is responsible for movement. On the other hand, if the individual experiences tingling, numbing, and other sensations when the current is applied, it means that a sensory region is discovered.
How is electrical brain mapping performed?
Electrical brain mapping for guiding brain surgery for epilepsy can be performed in two distinct processes: directly during the surgery or in a two-stage procedure.
In the first stage of the process, the surgeon creates an opening in the skull which helps in exposing the surface of the brain. Small electrical contacts or electrodes are placed on the brain surface even though no brain tissue is removed. As soon as the electrodes are in the right position, the scalp is closed. The electrodes not only record the seizure of the patient electrically but also allow mapping of various areas of the brain. The last stage is surgery where abnormal brain tissues are removed.
Brain mapping process during surgery:
Electrical brain mapping may also be performed during the surgery which exposes part of the brain. This is termed as intraoperative brain mapping since it occurs while performing the main operation. The process of mapping may last for an hour to several hours at a stretch.
Brain mapping is also used to diagnose neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. In these cases, the brain map shows extreme shrinkage of the brain due to tissue loss. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!