Being at the peak of optimal health should be the goal of every individual. As the saying goes, 'Health is Wealth'. Certain food items will help you to reach the peak of health if they are consumed regularly. These food items will not only keep you healthy and fit but will also help the body to function properly with the nutrients it receives from them.
Given below is a list of food items that you should be eating for optimal health:
Constipation is an uncomfortable problem which causes bloating and build of gas. The problem can be painful if the gas is building up for more than 3 days. The only way to reduce constipation is to make changes in the diet and including leafy vegetables and fluid in daily diet. Fruits and vegetables are the best way to relieve from constipation. The fibre content in fruits and vegetables help in timely stools and hence, reduce constipation.
What Drinks are Good to Relieve Constipation?
Here are some of the drinks that one can try:
What is a Safe Laxative to Use Daily?
Over the counter, laxatives are not recommended for a long time. There are some natural laxatives available for daily consumption like prunes and pomegranate. Apart from fruits, you can also take fibre supplements which provide essential fibres to the body and help you calm constipation.
How Much Prune Juice Should I Drink to Poop?
Prune juice is not advisable if you are facing dysentery. However, prune juice is recommended by the doctors to treat constipation in adults as well as children. Prune has laxative effects in the body. Hence, its consumption should be limited according to the needs of the patient.
Do Prunes Make You Poop Right Away?
There is no evidence that prunes induce poops right after drinking. They help to add bulk to the food in the digestive system, which allows you to digest food quickly. It contains soluble fibre, which is helpful as a mild laxative.
There are many fruit juices which help in treating and reducing the problem of constipation. However, it is advisable to consult a Gastrologist before making a change in the diet.
If you are into healthy eating, but like a dose of fat in your diet, we have a surprise for you. Not all fats are unhealthy. Saturated fats should be taken as a part of your diet while trans-fat should be banished. There are a lot of fats that are healthy and can actually help in promoting good health. So read on to know how to eat lots of fat and still be healthy!
1. Avocados: Avocados contain a monosaturated fat that goes by the name of Oleic Acid. This also has numerous health benefits and is known as a superfood that gives us omega three fatty acids. It even contains plenty of potassium.
2. Cheese: Remember to have a slice of cheese the next time you find yourself avoiding that mandatory glass of milk. Cheese is known as a great source of protein, calcium and Vitamin B 12 as well as phosphorous. It also contains fatty acids that can even reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
3. Dark Chocolate: A small dose of dark chocolate a day can actually keep skin damage and cardiac disease at bay. That's the result of medical studies. This superfood can also encourage better brain function thanks to the fact that it is rich in iron, magnesium, copper and other nutrients as well as essential fats.
4. Eggs: The fats found in eggs do not affect the cholesterol levels in the blood, which makes it the ideal source of essential and healthy fats as well as protein and calcium. Eggs can protect the eyes form wear and tear thanks to the heavy element of choline. Plus, it is also known as a weight loss friendly food.
5. Fish: Fish and other seafood have proven health benefits thanks to the omega three fatty acids which can actually aid you in your weight loss journey and keep your heart healthy. This lean protein also helps in giving you essential nutrition when ingested on a regular basis.
6. Seed Oil: Sunflower, olive oil and flaxseed oil have healthy fats with proven health benefits for everyone. The fats present in this kind of oil are very healthy and can actually help in retaining the good health of bones.
7. Nuts: Dry fruit, almonds, figs, pistachios and raisins help in giving you your daily dose of natural fats that are healthy. You can munch on these for essential vitamins and minerals along with the fat content.
Improve your overall health as well as the quality of your hair and skin with these essential and healthy fats!
Cardiac arrest is reported to be the number one cause of sudden death for people over the age of 40. As it strikes fast and without prior warning, it usually leaves no time for getting help to the patient. Many lives can be saved if the necessary first aid is given immediately by people who know what to do in case of a cardiac arrest.
So first let us know about the signs of a cardiac arrest:
Now that you have recognized the signs; here is what you can do:
To do CPR (artificial respiration), the rescuer's mouth covers the person's mouth and then rescuer slowly exhales air into the person's lungs (rescue breaths). The person's airway must remain opened during artificial respiration. To prevent air from escaping from the person's nose, the person's nose can be pinched shut as the rescuer exhales into the mouth.
Talk to your doctor to find out if you are at risk of a cardiac arrest.
While taking care of skin externally is definitely a good idea, maintaining healthy skin from the inside is important as well. These don't happen overnight or don't work with external beauty products but only happen when lifestyle changes are put into place. Let's take a look at some of the well known lifestyle changes or habits that can help you get healthier skin.
1. Stop smoking:Apart from contributing to cancer and being nicknamed death sticks, smoking also causes a person's skin to look older. This is due to the fact that it constricts blood vessels within the body and thus causes wrinkles on the skin by disrupting the normal blood flow. It is thus advisable to give up smoking if you want to have healthier skin.
2. Eat more of dark leafy green vegetables:For skin to be healthy; your body also needs to be healthy internally. The best way to do that is to exercise and eat right. Eating right is an even more important and it is important to remember to include dark leafy vegetable which are packed with nutrients required by the body. Some examples of these foods are:
3. Exercising or incorporating at least some forms of movement:It is important to get into some regimen of exercising or working out, be it yoga, running whichever may be light, but makes you move during the day. This is very important as movement and exercise helps the lymphatic system within the body to make the immune system stronger. This will not only boost immunity, but will also help detoxify the body and hence help the skin become healthier.
4. Carry out detoxification diets and procedures at regular intervals: Detoxifying is not just about having a clean diet, but also about detoxifying the skin from the outside. While you can go for a green or fruits only diet or smoothies and cut out many food groups for a few days to detoxify, it is also important to detoxify the skin as well with body wraps, clay treatments, sugar scrubs, salt treatments etc.
5. Manage stress:This is a silent killer in many aspects as stress leads to hypertension and many other ailments. With regards to skin, stress releases cortisol, which over activates the blood vessels and causes it to make the skin over sensitive. This will result in visible redness, blushing and may even cause acne. Get into and start practicing stress management routines to minimize stress that will not only help you have healthy skin but good health in general.