If you're suffering from weak memory or memory loss, Ayurveda might be able to solve your problems. Ayurveda uses natural remedies to cure many diseases, and even though forgetting where you put your glasses or cell phones may not sound discrete enough, it may be early signs of dementia.
Before it escalates to that level, here are foods that you may try to curb it as the first signs appear :
* Almonds are one of the most effective food items to increase your brain power and cure amnesia. They are a rich source of Omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants that hike up your mental prowess. They are best to have early in the morning, ground and mixed with milk and sugar (or a healthier supplement being honey), or otherwise, after being soaked overnight in water.
* Ayurvedic herbs, like rosemary, brahmi, ashwagandha, shankha pushpin, licorice plant, etc, are all known to have medicinal properties that improve your brain power. Regulated incorporation of these herbs in your diet in requisite amount relaxes your mind, and thereby improves its functioning capacity.
* Indian Gooseberry or amla, is rich in Vitamin C, as well as anti oxidants, which helps boost immunity, but other than that, amla is also known to have properties to strengthen your nervous system. It is one of the best remedies for managing Alzheimer's disease. It can be consumed raw or dried, and at times along with white sesame seeds.
* Fish oil is an excellent way to enhance your memory, especially if you are a non-vegetarian. It contains rich quantities of Omega 3 fatty acids, which help rejuvenate your brain cells. But if you are a vegetarian or vegan, fish oil or even fishes like salmon, might not be the best suited to your dietary preference, in which case it may be more helpful to consume Omega 3 supplements which are readily available in the market, or even fenugreek seeds.
* Cinnamon helps in revitalizing your mental health, when consumed, or even when smelled. Add a pinch of cinnamon to your food, or mix a teaspoon with honey, and it will work wonders for your mental health.
* Nigella seeds, black seeds or kalonji is another way to boost your memory. They are rich in anti oxidants, and alongside also have anti-inflammatory and provide natural protection to neurons. Adding them to your meals can not only improve their taste but also enhance its remedial powers.
In many cases, the body responds to a stressful or traumatic situation by disassociating with it. This can result in the development of a dissociative disorder. A dissociative disorder or dissociative amnesia is a mental illness that involves the breaking down of memory, consciousness, identity and perception. It can interfere with a person's general functioning, social life and relationships. People suffering from dissociative amnesia can have long gaps in their memory of the accident and the time before and after it.
Women are at a higher risk of suffering from this condition as compared to men. It has also been found to have a genetic link as people suffering from this condition often have other members of their family who experience something similar. Manmade and natural disasters such as wars, floods, earthquakes etc that cause overwhelming stress is said to trigger this disease.
The inability to recall past events is a primary symptom of this disease. Other symptoms include -
Treatment for this disease is a two step process. The first step involves relieving symptoms and controlling any behavioral changes. The second step aims at helping the person to recall and process their memories. Developing coping skills and rebuilding relationships is also focused on. Depending on the individual and the severity of symptoms showcased a doctor may choose to treat the patient using any of the following forms of treatment.
Clinical hypnosis: This type of treatment uses intense relaxation and focused attention techniques to access the unconscious part of the mind and allow people to explore their thoughts, emotions and repressed memories.
1. FIGS – A rare fruit of source of calcium, figs may help prevent the bone loss. They are very high in fiber, so that which is reduce the risk of cancers. Eat them like this: Slice fresh, unpeeled figs, and serve it with cheese or on a salad; toss dried figs into a mix of dried fruits, grains, and nuts, even chocolate. Fig’s that aren’t completely ripe can irritate the mouth, so look for soft, aromatic ones.
2. BEETS – Nutrient-packed beets may sharpen your mind. They produce nitric acid, which helps increase blood flow throughout your body – including the areas of the brain that are associated with degeneration and dementia. Eat them like this: Roast, then puree beets into a dip with curd that has been drained in a cloth or filter to remove the whey, and horseradish, or grate raw beets into a salad.
3. FRESH CRANBERRIES: Sure, cranberries are the superstar at treating urinary tract infection, but these tart little fruits may also help prevent heart disease. They are rich in anthocyanin, flavones, and proanthocyanidins, plant chemicals that keep LDL cholesterol from oxidizing and sticking to artery walls. Eat them like this: Sauté cranberries and serve with meat, or combine with banana, pineapple, and orange for a fruit salad – the sweeter fruits naturally balance out the tartness.
4. ORANGEPITH: You already know that orange is a great source of vitamin C, but eat as much as you can of the pith –the spongy white layer between the zest and the pulp that clings to a peeled orange –too. Although bitter, the pith stores a good amount of the fiber and antioxidants, (Try to choose organic oranges if you eat the pith). Eat like it this: Put whole orange slices in a smoothie; roast thin slices and serve with the whole wheat pancakes.
5. EGGS: These inexpensive protein sources crackle with health benefits: Zinc and Iron support healthy hair and strong nails, and lecithin yolks are rich in chorine, who helps repair neurological damage and move cholesterol through the bloodstream. Eat them like this: Scramble eggs with a handful of spinach, or top a bowl of vegetables and brown rice with a (lightly) fried egg, sesame seeds, and soya sauce for a Korean-inspired meal.
6. SESAME SEEDS: The seeds are also one of the richest sources of iron, and when people with high level of LDL cholesterol ate a few spoonfuls of sesame seeds a day, their LDL level dropped by almost 10 percent more than when they followed a healthy diet sans sesame seed. Eat them like this: Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on oatmeal; top steamed vegetables with sesame seeds and sesame or olive oil; make hummus with tahini, a sesame seed butter.
7. BROCCOLI: The sulforaphane in broccoli may help your body fight off infections that inflame the lungs and arteries. Surprisingly, frozen verities may contain 35% more beta-carotene by weight than fresh broccoli. Finally, broccoli’s high level of vitamin C helps create collagen, which keeps the firm, glowing and healthy skin. Eat it like this: Toss steamed florets with tomato sauce and toasted walnuts for a side fish, or scatter atop a pizza before baking.
8. CELERY LEAVES: Celery leaves are the most nutritious part of the plant and that is containing high iron, calcium, potassium, beta-carotene, and vitamin C and also vitamin D than the stalks. Eat them like this: Use like parsley, or mix into salad.
When a person is already affected by AIDS, such persons can also develop other problems like tuberculosis, bad cough, pneumonia, continuous headache, body ache, weakness, diarrhea, seizures, loss of memory, abnormal weight loss, loss of concentration, lymph node, and throat swelling thus difficulty in swallowing.
Urologists are skilled to diagnose or treat any problem related to urinary tract or kidney infections. Top urologist in Gurgaon can help in detecting any kind of disorders like kidney stones, interstitial cystitis, enlarged prostate and sexual dysfunction in males and females. Below is the list of top 10 urologist in Gurgaon are:
MBBS, MS - General Surgery, MCh - Urology
Consultation fees: ₹1000 - 1200
Dr. Anirudh is amongst the top urologist & uro oncologist in Gurgaon, with 27 years of experience. He is currently associated with Dr. Deepika's Complete Family Clinic and
Holy Family Hospital. He is not only an expert in urology but also an expert Laparoscopic Surgeries. He specialises in wide range of disorders and surgeries such as treatment for urinary tract infection (UTI), pediatric urology, andrology, laparoscopy, neurourology, Uro-oncology & radiology, laser & robotic urology, and infertility.
MBBS, MS - General Surgery, DNB - Urology/Genito - Urinary Surgery
Consultation fees: ₹750
Dr. Nandakishore S K is a renowned urologist in Gurgaon with 21 years of experience and currently practices at Columbia Asia Hospital, Gurgaon. He specializes in treatment of urinary conditions like hematuria, hydrocele, and problems related to reproductive organs like H.I.V and Erectile Dysfunction. He has also conducted many surgeries, using different procedures like vasectomy, reconstructive urology and minimally invasive urology surgery etc.
DNB (Urology), MS, MBBS
Consultation fees: ₹600
Dr. Shalabh Agrawal is a respected urologist, urological surgeon and andrologist in Delhi, NCR. He has over 15 years of experience and has treated many cases and complications related to UTI and other kidney disorders. He currently practices at Arcus Superspeciality Center in Dwarka, New Delhi and One Health Urology Clinic. He is a respected member of the Urological Society of India, and is particularly interested in endo-urology and laparoscopy. His areas of expertise are cystoscopy, hematuria, erectile dysfunction, HIV, hydrocele treatment, incontinence, kidney transplant, lithotripsy, and male sexual problems.
DNB (Urology), MS - General Surgery, MBBS
Consultation fees: ₹700-1000
Dr. Mrinal Pahwa is a well known Urologist based in Delhi/ Gurgaon. He has 15 years of experience as Urologist and Andrologist. He is currently practicing at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital and Pahwa Medical Centre and is member of USI and ASI. He specializes in treatments for Cystoscopy, Hematuria (Blood in Urine),treatment of Erectile Dysfunction. HIV treatment, Hydrocele surgical treatment, Incontinence treatment, kidney transplant treatment, lithotripsy procedure, treatment of Male sexual problems, minimally invasive urology, open prostatectomy, reconstructive surgery and subincision.
MBBS, MS - General Surgery, MRCS (UK), DNB - Urology/Genito - Urinary Surgery
Consultation fees: ₹600-700
Dr. Vikas Agarwal currently practices as a Sr. Consultant Urology & HOD Kidney Transplant at Asian Institute of Medical Sciences, Faridabad. He has 16 years of experience and is a reputed member of many state and national associations. In his vast career he has done more than 10,000 endourological Laser procedure, cadaveric organ transplant & retrieval. He also specialises in Laparoscopic donor Nephrectomy, laparoscopic kidney, prostate and bladder cancer surgeries.
M. Ch. (Urology), MS, MBBS
Consultation fees: ₹1000 - 1500
Dr. Ajay has 33 years of experience as a Urologist, Andrologist and Urological Surgeon. He is a member of many eminent associations like Indian Medical Association (IMA), Medical Council of India (MCI), Urological Society of India (USI), American Urological Association (AUA) and Bangalore Urological Society. He is known for his treatments and procedures like frenuloplasty, circumcision, vasovasostomy and TESA. Dr. Ajay currently practices at Sir Ganga ram Hospital and Umkal Hospital.
7. Dr. Sumit Sharma
MCH-Urology, M.S. (General Surgery) , MBBS
Consultation fees: ₹800
Dr. Sumit Sharma is practicing as a urologist and renal transplantation specialist from last 8 years. He currently Heads the department of Urology at Rocklnd Hospital Manesar and also practices at Deetya Multispeciality Clinic. He has been part of more than 300 renal transplants and has performed over 50-60 Laparoscopic Donor nephrectomy in his career till now. He specialises in all kind of endourological procedure like PCNL, URS, TURP, HOLEP, TURBT etc.
MBBS, MS - General Surgery, MBA - Hospital Administration, MCh - Urology/Genito-Urinary Surgery
Consultation fees: ₹700-1000
Dr. Abhinav Agarwal is a reputed and experienced urologist and general surgeon who currently practices at Uma Sanjeevani Hospital, Columbia Asia Hospital and Suryadeep Hospital, Gurgaon. In 14 years of experience he has gained a lot of experience in treatments and procedures related to Endourology, Laparoscopic Surgery, General Surgery and Renal Transplantation. He has by far performed more than 10000 major urological procedures like Kidney Stones, Prostate, Bladder Cancer, Stricture Urethra and other Urological Illness.
MBBS, MCh - Urology, Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery, MS - General Surgery
Consultation fees: ₹1000
Dr. Raman Tanwar is a renowned urological surgeon, andrologist and men's health specialist in Gurgaon. He has 14 years of national and international experience. In his career span he has been a co-author of 4 books in surgery and has won several fellowships and awards. He was even awarded with the British Medical Association award. His areas of specialization are urology and andrology problems like enlarged prostate, kidney stones, sexual problems, erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, uti etc. He currently practices at W Hospital, Ggn.
Doctor of Science(D.Sc), Fellow Academy of Medical Sciences(FAMS), M.Ch.(Urology), M.S.(Surgery),M.B.B.S.
Consultation fees: ₹1200
Dr. N.P. Gupta is a highly reputed name with 40 years of experience as urologist. He is currently chairman, academics and research division urology at Medenta. Dr Gupta is a Padamshree recipient for his exceptional contribution in the field of urology at both National and International Level. He is a pioneer and renowned surgeon who started robotic surgery in India. In his career he has performed more than 20,000 operations for various urological diseases.
A general surgeon are expert at performing various surgeries of various body organs like gallbladder, gastric disorders, thyroid gland and soft tissue surgery. Here are best surgeons in Delhi, who you can consult:
FICS, FCCP (USA), DNB (General Surgery), MS - General Surgery, MBBS
Dr. C.S. Ramachandran has 45 years of experience as laparoscopic and bariatric surgeon in Delhi. He is a member of Association of Surgeons of India (ASI). He is known for his services are- laparoscopic and endocrine surgery, fistula treatment , gastrointestinal and endo surgeries. He is associated with many hospitals and clinics like Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Noble Medicare and Dr. Ramachandran Clinic.
Consultation fees: ₹1500
MBBS, DNB - General Surgery, FIAGES
Dr. Manish K Gupta has 14 years of experience and is an Advance Laparoscopic & Robotic Surgeon at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Delhi. His main area of interest is the laparoscopic management of gallbladder, hernia, colo-rectal surgery & Bariatric surgery (obesity or weight loss surgery). He has been awarded as best doctor award in 2008 at Fortis Hospital. He is an active member of various medical associations. He is also associated with New Life Clinic, Delhi.
Consultation fees: ₹800-2150
MS - General Surgery, MBBS
Dr Vijay Arora has over 50 years of experience surgeon in New Delhi. He specialises in laparoscopic procedures related to oesophagus, stomach, small bowel, colon, liver, pancreas, gallbladder and bile ducts. He is an active member of many prestigious organisations and associations. He is also associated with Sama Nursing Home, Delhi.
Consultation fees: ₹2000
MS, MBBS, Clinical Fellow Pancreatic Surgery, FMBS
Dr. Saket Goel has more than 21 years of experience and is currently associated with Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals and Goel's Clinic. He has done several fellowships at national and international level. He has performed several surgeries like- laparoscopic cholecystectomy, hernia repair, inguinal, ventral, appendicectomy. He is also known for his successful bariatric surgeries.
Consultation fees: ₹1000- 1500
MBBS, MS - General Surgery
Dr. Srikrishna Das is a General Surgeon with 15 years of experience and currently practices at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital. He has done fellowship in Laproscopic Surgery (Minimal Access Surgery) after completing his MBBS. He is an active member of Association of Surgeons of India (ASI), Association of Surgeons of India (ASI). He is known for his treatments and surgeries related to kidney stone treatment, pancreatic surgery and piles treatment.
Consultation fees: ₹1000- 1500
MBBS, MS - General Surgery
Dr Ashish Pitale has 27 years of experience and has special expertise in Laparoscopic (key hole) Surgery including Bariatric ( Weight Loss) surgery. He is associated with many hospitals and clinics across Delhi- NCR.
Consultation fees: ₹500-900
MBBS, MS - General Surgery, Laparoscopic, Burns & Plastic
Dr. Binod Samal is a General Surgeon with 28 years of experience. He currently practices at New Life Centre For Surgery in IP Extension, Delhi. He is a specialist who deals with burn cases and plastic surgery. He is a member of Delhi Medical Council and Medical Council of India (MCI).
Consultation fees: ₹600
MBBS Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, MS - General Surgery
Dr. Pankaj Sharma is amongst the leading Bariatric surgeon in Delhi, India with 25 years of experience. He is associated with Fortis Hospital Shalimar Bagh, New Delhi. His areas of expertise include Advanced Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery (for Severe Obesity), Metabolic Surgery (for Diabetes) and GI Surgery.
Consultation fees: ₹800-1000
MBBS, MS - General Surgery
Dr. Shailendra Kumar Jain has 17 years of experience and is a very reputed name in West Delhi. He has performed thousands of successful surgeries with special focus on laparoscopic and endocrine surgery, fistula treatment , gastrointestinal and endo surgeries. He is currently practicing at Surgical Solution, Delhi.
Consultation fees: ₹400
10. Dr. Rahul Sinha
MBBS, DNB ( General Surgery )
Dr. Rahul Sinha has 21 years of experience as laparoscopic surgeon in Delhi. He is a member of Association of Surgeons of India (ASI). He is known for his services are- laparoscopic and endocrine surgery, fistula treatment , gastrointestinal and endo surgeries. He is associated with many hospitals and clinics like Apollo and Max Super Speciality hospital.
Consultation fees: ₹300- 850
Some people suffer from difficulty in remembering things, and this may be attributed to Alzheimer’s disease even though it is not the only cause of memory disorders. If you are recently having troubles in remembering, then it is high time that you should consult with an expert.
Common causes of memory disorders
You will be surprised to know about the various causes of memory loss and here are some of them include:
Treatment of memory problems
The treatment of memory problems is entirely dependent on the cause. In some instances, the disorder is reversible with the help of proper treatment. For example, when the memory loss is caused by some medicines, it can be cured by altering the course of medications. Treating depression may also be helpful for memory problems when depression is the causing factor.
There are many medicines available for the treatment of memory problems. With the progress of memory problems, the cells of the brain start dying, and it causes the cognitive symptoms to worsen. Even though the medications that are available at present may not be helpful in stopping the damage to the brain cells, they can be helpful in stabilizing the symptoms by influencing the chemicals involved in carrying messages among the nerve cells in the brain. Sometimes, doctors prescribe both the types of medicines together to speed up the recovery process hindering further damage.
Dementia is a general classification of a brain disease that causes a long haul and frequently steady abatement in the capacity to think and recall that is sufficiently incredible to influence a man's everyday functioning. Other normal manifestations incorporate passionate issues, issues with dialect, and a lessening in motivation. An individual's awareness is not influenced. The most common example of dementia is the Alzheimer's disease.
PHYSIOTHERAPY FOR DEMENTIA:
A patient with dementia can benefit from physiotherapy regardless of the possibility that the patient can't perceive their own family. Physiotherapy, notwithstanding, can be of good advantage to the individual who has dementia, and also their family and parental figures at different stages. The principle explanation behind this is that recovery administrations can help the dementia patient to be as utilitarian as would be prudent for whatever length of time that is conceivable. Here are 5 ways physiotherapy benefits an Alzheimer's patient:
- Physiotherapy can keep up the Alzheimer's patient's freedom and mobility as much as one could expect reasonably. A physiotherapist can outline a home activity program and work intimately with relatives to administer to the Alzheimer's patient.
- Physiotherapists, as independent experts, embrace much detailed, separately custom-made
appraisals of the disorders, action confinements and restrictions imposed upon individuals with dementia.
- The caretakers of individuals with dementia regularly show weakness when contrasted with their same aged companions. Physiotherapy helps with diminishing the weight of consideration by instructing caregivers to provide encouragement and upliftment to individuals with dementia.
- Patients with dementia are always at a risk of falling down, and hurting themselves. Poor balance accounts for the danger of falls. This can be worked upon and improved by physiotherapy-driven exercises. Exercise can have a huge and positive effect on behavioral and mental indications of dementia, enhancing psychological capacity and mindset, which can decrease the doses of strong medicines. Special exercise routines are assigned to the patients which help improve their body balance while walking.
- Physiotherapy has crucial influence in advancing and keeping up portability of individuals with dementia. It assumes a basic part in the end of life consideration by overseeing situations, seating and complicated muscle contracture. Individuals with dementia regularly experience issues in communicating pain. Pain influences cognizance, inspiration and reaction to any intervention. Physiotherapists are specialists in recognizing and treating pain in dementia patients and give training to care home staff and caregivers of the patients.
Physiotherapy is very important for dementia patients. Regular physiotherapy sessions are beneficial for patients for improvement in condition.
Eating healthy is very helpful for your mental and also your physical well-being. The mind requires nutrients just like your heart, muscles and lungs do. These can be derived from the following ingredients.
Different kinds of food products have different effects on the body as well as the brain. To have a healthy body, one definitely needs to have a sound and healthy mind. Eating junk food blocks certain functions of the brain over the years whereas, a healthy diet may help in keeping you physically, mentally and psychologically healthy.
Everyone forgets things once in a while, but for some people this forgetfulness can be a sign of a bigger problem. People who cannot remember important information about their life may be said to be suffering from dissociative amnesia. This can cause memory loss of specific events and themes or make the person forget a majority of their identity and history in general. This dissociative disorder can be mild or be severe enough to affect the daily functioning of a person.
Lost memories cannot be brought back with treatment but treatment can help a person suffering from this disorder reconnect with people and feel secure in their surroundings. The treatment of this condition must be customized to the person’s symptoms.
Some forms of treatment for dissociative amnesia are: