It seems like you are an otherwise healthy person, a man who is 6 ft tall and 75 kgs. Your current wbc count is normal and you are on treatment for imatinib. With regards to your prognosis of cml your oncologist should have told you about how things might turn out for you. Most blood cancers are curable, however it is best to speak with your oncologist regarding your condition or get a second opinion.
Look forward to hearing from you. If you need help with booking an appointment online with me on this website either text, an appointment for a confidential and private consultation you may do so by contacting the help desk of Lybrate.
1. Do saline gargles daily.
2. Whenever possible do steam inhalation also.
3. Cover your nose and mouth with hanky for at least 30 sec when you go in dusty areas also when you go in and out of AC. As our nose is the most sensitive part of our body, When there is temperature difference between two rooms or inside n outside, then if we not protect our nose, it gets affected.
4. Drink Hot Liquids --Hot liquids relieve nasal congestion, prevent dehydration, and soothe the uncomfortably inflamed membranes that line your nose and throat. 5. Sleep With an Extra Pillow Under Your Head-- Elevating your head will help relieve congested nasal passages. If the angle is too awkward, try placing the pillows between the mattress and the box springs to create a more gradual slope.
6. Treat That Stuffy Nose With Warm Salt Water-- Salt-water rinsing helps break nasal congestion, while also removing virus particles and bacteria from your nose. 7. Blow Your Nose Often (and the Right Way)-- It's important to blow your nose regularly when you have a cold rather than sniffling mucus back into your head. But when you blow hard, pressure can carry germ-carrying phlegm back into your ear passages, causing earache. The best way to blow your nose: Press a finger over one nostril while you blow gently to clear the other.
Homeopathic treatment has very encouraging results and gives relief in long term
please ask for consultation with detailed information so that I can help you better.
MBBS Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, MD - Chest & TB
Extended uninterrupted treatment for brain TB is recommended. We need to know the complete drug history and present status of brain TB along with time of interruption to decide further course of Anti tubercular treatment.
MD - Ayurveda, Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Treatment goes in 3 ways depending on the condition:
1. Induction therapy:
kills leukemia cells in the blood and bone marrow to induce remission. Treatments include chemotherapy and corticosteroids. 2. Consolidation therapy
This include more chemotherapy and may include stem cell transplant.
3. Maintenance therapy: This also prevents any remaining leukemia cells from growing. This may be done using lower doses of chemotherapy than those used during induction or consolidation.
Hi dear it might be due to subclinical viral infection or might be an aberration in the test results
Don't worry if the other cell counts are normal and if you are not having any dominant symptoms You can easily take an online consultation for further treatment guidance.