Unwanted hair is a major issue for many young people. Shaving or waxing the hair is tedious process, and can also be painful at times. Due to its many benefits, laser hair removal has become very popular amongst youngsters. In many cases, after three to eight sessions, permanent hair loss is observed. Recent years have seen an increase in the number of laser hair removal procedures performed.
What is the theory behind laser hair removal?
Laser technology is based on highly concentrated rays. These rays are concentrated on a specific part of your skin from where you wish to remove the hair. The highly concentrated light is directed to particular hair follicles in order to remove them. Although, permanent results or results that last a lifetime are never guaranteed, cases have been observed wherein after a few sessions, complete hair loss is observed.
Many types of laser removal procedures are available, among these, Neodymium YAG, diode, alexandrite, and intense pulsed light sources are well known.
Why should you choose laser hair removal?
Unwanted hair on your face, underarms, legs, arms or any other area can be easily removed using this procedure. Laser hair removal procedures offer you with a healthy and smooth skin free of unwanted hair. The laser used for hair removal target dark and bristly hairs without damaging the surrounding areas. Known for its speed, laser hair procedure has the ability to treat small areas in approximately one minute and less. These small areas include the upper lip region.
How long does it take?
Laser removal method is performed by skilled doctors. The doctors need to decide how many days and sittings will it take to get the procedure done depending upon the growth of hair in that specific area and also how much area of your skin is to be covered. Once the procedure is done, one may need to get it done in few years again depending upon the regrowth of hair on his/her body.
Laser hair treatment is effective and comparatively more efficient on people who have light skin and dark hair. Generally, laser hair surgeries are done to remove unwanted hair on back, face, chest, neck, bikini area, shoulders, upper lip, chin etc. For successful results, one should get this procedure performed from a skilled doctor. If not done properly, it will leave marks/scars and damage your body.
There are so many reasons people get inked. For some, a tattoo is a form of expression for other, a reminder of incidents and people. Since a tattoo is permanent, it needs to be carefully thought about. Today, you may think having your girlfriend's name inked onto your skin is a way of declaring your love but what if tomorrow, you break up. Ex lovers names are probably the most common tattoos that people ask to be removed. Yes, tattoos can be removed but it isn't as easy as it sounds.
What makes a tattoo permanent is the depth the ink permeates to. Unlike writing on your skin with a pen, ink in a permanent tattoo is placed in the dermis. This layer of skin lies under the epidermis and cannot be easily accessed. Thus using a cream or ointment will not help you remove a permanent tattoo. It may help bleach the pigment slightly but will scar your skin leaving the area looking worse than it was before. Using an acid to remove tattoos is also not advisable as this will scar the skin.
The only way to effectively remove a tattoo without scarring is with laser treatment. The laser penetrates the skin and breaks up the ink particles. This makes the body's immune system recognize the ink as alien elements and removes them through the lymphatic system. This leaves the rest of your skin undamaged. Laser treatment to remove a tattoo is not a onetime procedure and may need to be repeated a number of times depending on the number of colours, size of tattoo and quality of ink used.
A single laser cannot be used to treat all the colours in your tattoo. Lasers of different wavelengths are used to remove different colours. Thus, the more colours in a tattoo, the longer it will take to be removed. In some cases, even with laser treatment, the tattoo cannot be completely removed and a shadow may remain. Fluorescent colours are the most difficult to remove. Contrary to popular belief, black and red pigments are the easiest to remove. Laser treatment can also be used on any skin colour though it may take a few extra sessions to remove tattoos on dark skin. The location of your tattoos also plays a great role in determining how easy it will be to remove. The closer the tattoo is to your heart, the better the results.
In most cases, removing a tattoo takes 5-12 laser treatment sessions. This can take from 6 to 12 months as the dermatologist will probably ask you to wait a month between sittings. Each laser treatment session is expensive and hence removing a tattoo is much more expensive than getting one. Hence, think before you ink.
Laser hair removal is a permanent hair removal method that makes use of laser beams to reach the hair follicles before the light from the beam is absorbed by the same. This method is preferred by people who do not want to go in for traditional methods like waxing, tweezing and epilating as these require regular sessions and may not always be convenient.
So, here's all you need to know about laser hair removal:
Ageing is often the harshest foe to the skin. The years will take its toll on the skin’s tightness, resulting in loose saggy skin. However, there are many techniques which allow for the rejuvenation and tightening of the skin and help you get your youthful look back. Most of these are usually non-invasive or minimally-invasive and include creams, peels, dermabrasion and other such forms of treatment. One such method which has become quite popular is laser skin tightening.
What is Laser Skin Lightening?
As is evident from the name, this method uses a laser or an infrared light source of a specific wavelength to heat up the treated area. This method of treatment specifically heats up the collagen present under the skin and stimulates it to cause tightening. This treatment also encourages the growth of new collagen under the skin.
Benefits of Laser Skin Tightening:
Some of the benefits of laser skin tightening are mentioned below –
It works deep beneath the skin– While most other treatments make you look younger by treating the superficial layers of skin, laser skin tightening works by stimulating the collagen under the skin and thus works from way deeper, making it a more effective treatment. It can easily correct all forms of lines on your neck, forehead, eyes, wrinkles and blemishes.
Minimally invasive– There is no involvement of surgical tools and thus no incisions, stitches or even injections are used. Although the skin is heated up from beneath the surface with the help of a laser, it is still a minimally invasive procedure.
Less painful– Although the lower layers of the skin are heated up, the laser mechanism allows for the top-most layer of the skin to remain cool, thus lessening the pain and discomfort faced during the procedure.
Minimal downtime– Laser skin tightening is a minimally invasive process and is usually done on an outpatient basis. The total downtime is quite minimal and you can resume daily activities quite quickly after the procedure.
Safely avoiding most of the surgeries because-
(a) many surgeries are not needed at all. (b) or they are not really a better, safer and permanent solution to the health problem (c) society is not aware of new inventions as a viable, safer,& better option to surgeries
A) innovative medical treatments by laser & other lights:
I have been a pioneer (medical practitioner) of laser medicine in India. For the first time, in Indian history, I had collaboration with the russian federation, for propagating science of (photo medicine) laser medicine in India for global wellness.
I have done my research in (laser) medicine for my successful ph d thesis - after completing my post graduation in laser medicine in Russia
I have been using laser-
* to avoid various major surgeries on heart, spine, joints, etc
*to treat effectively seemingly incurable diseases
*to reverse pathology of many difficult & chronic medical problems
These innovations in laser medicine (laser therapy = healing therapeutic light as a medicine) & this new technology have great global potential because:
* laser medicine is the most modern medical technology for healing & absolutely new, unimaginable way to cure - heal –reverse; many medical problems with advantages
*it can cure many problems that are said to be incurable in many other systems of medicine. Moreover, it can avoid many major and expensive surgeries which are associated with some morbidity & mortality
* it is external non-invasive therapy, safer, less expensive, and still quickly effective
*it relies upon physics and photo-biology hence more exact & reliable. It treats only target tissues and spares all other non-target tissues
Please note: in very difficult cases I use laser therapy as a chief component of my invented pyanmed modality of treatment.
B) Innovations in designing of laser equipment:
I have invented few designs for the non-invasive simple inexpensive instrument to deliver laser therapy –for example
* laser therapy instrument “ healthy heart ” to avoid most of the angioplasty, CABG bypass surgery& other surgeries on the heart also used to reverse many heart diseases or even to prevent many heart diseases
* laser therapy instrument to avoid amputation of legs “ limb saver ” –great limb saving option for amputations that are advised for pad, non-healing wounds, varicose ulcers or diabetic foot (i have saved feet of few army officers from advised amputation)
My “innovative & novel laser therapy” as well as “innovative & novel laser instruments” have excellent global scope. Our country can export both these innovations to other countries as well as use them for our country, to make paradigm change in healthcare for the common man. It will have a major social impact on mankind globally.
Acne scars can be a very stubborn thing to get rid of. Additionally, this can also cause you to feel very conscious about your physical appearance. The best thing to do in such a scenario is to go for fractional Co2 laser treatment, which can remove your acne scars for good.
What is fractional Co2 laser treatment?
Fractional Co2 laser treatment is a kind of ablative laser procedure that helps in getting rid of thin layers of the skin. This mode of treatment reduces the appearance of acne scars along with wrinkles and fine lines. It can also work towards improving your skin tone by clearing out the acne scars and scars caused due to sun damage.
Before you go for a treatment like this, you will need to do a few things in order to prepare yourself for the procedure. This includes the following things-
• Consider your medical history - Prior to going for this treatment make sure that you consult your dermatologist. Inform him/her about your current medical condition and medical history, so that they can help you through the process.
• Go for a physical exam - A thorough physical examination will help your dermatologist ascertain the areas where your acne scars need to be removed. This will also help them determine to what degree the treatment should be carried out, in order to avoid any kind of adverse effects on the skin.
• Stay away from sun exposure - Make sure that you do not step out very often in the sun two months prior to the treatment. This might make you end up with unnecessary pigmentation on your skin. If you must, then always use sun protection before stepping out in the sun.
• Go for appropriate medicines - When you consult your dermatologist, he might give you a few oral medicines to avoid any potential complications. Such medications will help you avoid any kind of bacterial infection around the time of the procedure.
• Be sure - Finally, be sure yourself whether you want to go for this treatment or not. Keep in mind that fractional Co2 laser treatment is not dangerous by any means. As long as you are getting it done in a reputed hospital and by a reliable dermatologist, nothing will go wrong.
How is the treatment done?
Since this is an outpatient procedure, the surgeon will administer local anaesthesia to numb the affected area of your skin. After this, he/she will direct an intense beam of laser or light energy at the affected region to get rid of the epidermis (outer layer of the skin). The laser then heats up the dermis (underlying skin), which results in the collagen fibres shrinking. As your acne scars heal, new skin starts forming that is smoother and tighter in nature. This type of treatment normally takes 30 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the area of the affected region and the treatment technique.
Post-procedure, your skin will be itchy, swollen and raw but do not worry, because this is completely natural. Your dermatologist will cover the affected area with a thick coat of ointment, which will get rid of the redness, itchiness, and swelling. In order to handle the pain, you can apply ice packs to the treated region.
Fractional Co2 laser treatment might sound serious and scary, but in reality, it is not. Therefore, if you are someone who is looking to get rid of your stubborn acne scars, you can go for this procedure without a second thought.
Not sure if there is anyone who is happy with their image - different people have different complaints. Fat thighs, fat upper arms, too thin legs, sagging breasts, pot belly, the list is just too long. While exercise and diet can be used to achieve overall fitness levels, they cannot produce the body shape that you have in mind (simulating your celebrity body part maybe). Almost all complaints revolve around the excess fat (in most cases) and about the quality of the skin.
However, there are various surgical methods which can produce results that are amazingly quick, effective, and safe.
Body contouring is usually done by removing excess fat deposits and skin from various parts of the body. The skin also gets tightened during the process, also reducing cellulite. While most women complain about thighs and hips, men complain about their stomach area.
In all these body contouring procedures, liposuction is the common technique.
Is it for you? If you are in overall good health with good thick and elastic skin, go for it. However, have realistic expectations by having a detailed discussion with the doctor. It will definitely help in fat removal, cellulite reduction, and skin tightening; however, the key is to set a common goal and work towards it.
Laser hair removal is a permanent hair removal method that makes use of laser beams to reach the hair follicles before the light from the beam is absorbed by the same. This method is preferred by people who do not want to go in for traditional methods like waxing, tweezing and epilating as these require regular sessions and may not always be convenient. So, here's all you need to know about laser hair removal:
* Precision: The laser beam that is set on to the skin gets absorbed by the pigment present in the hair follicles. Each pulse of this laser will take a nano second to treat many follicles at one time. The areas like the upper lip and the bikini line can be treated in a matter of minutes.
* Duration: Most people going through this treatment will require at least five to seven sessions so as to attain permanent hair loss.
* Preparation: The procedure does not merely consist of a process that zaps the unwanted hair. Considerable preparation has to go into it, especially since it a long term treatment method. Avoid waxing or electrolysis at least six weeks before the treatment as this may make the skin tender. Also, since the laser beams affect the hair roots that it can catch, it is best to have them grown out so that the procedure is more effective. Also, you will need to limit your time in the sun before going in for the procedure.
* Trimming: Before the procedure actually starts, the hair will require trimming. A few millimetres will be removed, just above the surface of the skin.
* Adjustments: Once the trimming is done, the laser equipment will be trained on your skin for a process of adjustment which will involve studying and adjusting as per the colour, thickness and the site of hair removal. Also, the adjustment will be done in terms of the skin colour.
* Protection: Before the laser pulses are administered, the expert will need to wear eye protection and cover the site of hair removal with a cooling gel that will protect the skin. Also, a test pulse will be administered on to a small patch first, in order to see if there is any reaction or inflammation.
* Aftermath: After the procedure, the application of anti-inflammatory creams and lotions will take place, following which the next session will be scheduled. Usually, the next session will be three to four weeks later.
You must make sure that you going to a well-known clinic where the laser hair removal process is conducted by an expert.
Everybody wants a radiant and younger looking skin that is flawless and glowing. Having a healthy lifestyle that involves eating right, sleeping well and exercising enough can help you achieve that. But sometimes, that is not quite enough. It is a common misconception that the only way to get perfect skin is through cosmetic surgery. What many people do not know is that there is a range of non-surgical treatments and procedures that can give you the skin you desire. These treatments are quick and easy and do not come with the hassles of post-operation care.
Following are a few examples of such treatments that can give you better skin:
Laser hair removal refers to a process in which a special laser light is shone upon hair follicles. Pigments in the hair follicles soak up the light and this stops the hair from growing. There are several advantages as well and risks associated with laser hair removal treatment. Here is everything you need to know about laser hair removal.
What not to do?
Laser hair removal like any other treatment requires trained professionals as well as some precautions. Here are some precautions you should take before laser hair removal treatment.
There are also several risks of laser hair removal, which are pretty common and about which you should be aware of. These include.