Eye surgeries have evolved a long way. Starting from the most basic of eye surgeries, technological advancement has evolved a number of modern eye surgery techniques. LASIK is the latest trend in eye surgery and is the most common type of eye surgery in the modern day.
LASIK or Lasik (laser assisted situ keratomileusis), is a laser eye surgery or laser vision revision. It is a kind of refractive surgery for the rectification of nearsightedness, hyperopia, and astigmatism. The LASIK surgery is performed by an ophthalmologist who utilizes a laser or microkeratome to reshape the eye's cornea with a specific end goal to enhance visual acuity. For most patients, LASIK gives a lasting contrasting option to eyeglasses or contact lenses.
Carrying out a LASIK surgery:
- To begin with, your eye specialist utilizes either a mechanical surgical apparatus called a microkeratome or a femtosecond laser to make a slender, round "fold" in the cornea.
- The specialist then creases back the pivoted fold to get to the fundamental cornea (called the stroma) and expels some corneal tissue utilizing an excimer laser.
- For partially blind individuals, the objective is to smooth the cornea; with farsighted individuals, a more extreme cornea is fancied.
- Excimer lasers additionally can redress astigmatism by smoothing an unpredictable cornea into a more typical shape. It is a misguided judgment that LASIK can't treat astigmatism.
- Laser eye surgery requires just topical soporific drops, and no wraps or fastens are required.
- After your LASIK surgery is completed, you will be given some rest. You may feel a makeshift smoldering or tingling sensation promptly after the surgery is completed. After some post-surgical examinations, you are ready to go home. Abstain from driving by yourself.
- Immediately after the surgery, you may experience blurred vision or hazy vision. It will subside with a little time.
- You must keep away from any kind of activity that causes strain to the eyes after the surgery. Avoid watching television or reading.
Results of LASIK surgery:
- Laser eye surgery offers various advantages and can significantly enhance your personal satisfaction. A great many people accomplish 20/20 vision or better after the surgery. However, LASIK results do fluctuate from people to people.
- You will have to continue wearing your contact lenses or spectacles. The power will be much less after the surgery.
Side-effects: While this surgery strategy provides effective results, LASIK complications can happen and may incorporate diseases such as night glare, and you may experience starbursts or radiances, especially while driving.
LASIK surgery is one of the most carried eye surgeries nowadays and gives satisfactory results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ophthalmologist and ask a free question.