First of all try and find the cause of low iron levels. Once treated her iron levels will rise. Apart from that include food which are rich in iron in your regular meals. Such foods include: dark green leafy vegetables, dates, jaggery, raisins, nuts, legumes, pulses, etc. Increase your intake of vitamin c rich foods such as berries, sweet lime, orange, etc. Vitamin c help is increasing absorption rate of iron in body.
Well generalized edema have some causes like staying in one position for long, pregnancy,, premenopausal syndrome,,some medication also can cause it like use of high BP medicine,,non steroidal anti inflammatory drug,, steroid,,use of some diabetes medicine,,also it may be due to congestive cardiac failure,,liver disease,,deep vein thromobosis,, improper or damage in lymphatic drainage can cause it,,
1. Take good nourishing diet like milk, cheese, paneer, egg, fish, mutton, chicken, pulses, soybean
2. Fresh green leafy vegetables, tomato, cauliflower, broccoli, pumpkin, beans, spinach.
3. Fruits rich in vitamin c (helps in absorption of iron) like citrus fruits lorange/grape/strawberry guava/mango/pineapple/- water melon
4. Fruits like apple, dry fruits like dates, khajoor, kismiss 5. Drink plenty of water,
6. Go for regular exercise,
7take adequate rest,
8. Avoid physical and mental exertion.
9. Take haem up syrup 3 tsf twice daily before food
10. Monitor your hemoglobin
MS - General Surgery, MBBS Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
General Surgeon, Pune
It is necessary to understand the cause of non healing ulcer ,only then the treatment can be planned. Should rule out Diabetes, sensory neuro deficit, anaemia,uremia, hypoproteinemia, vascular disease.
Edema in most cases is physiological but a few conditions have to be ruled out before labelling it as normal pregnancy change. High bp is the most important followed by hypoproteinemia, thyroid disorders to name a few.
Ok get herself screened up for cbc test, kft, lft, serum proteins. Also get an ra factor and crp test. These tests will cover disease related to hypoproteinemia, renal origin and rheumatoid arthritis which are the major causes of swelling in females at this age group. After tests you can consult me any time.
there are many reason for polyhydramnios which r increasedblood sugar some cong defect in baby or hypoproteinemia.Sometimes everything is normal but liquor is more .so it is not of concern if everything is normal