Home Remedies for Loose Motions
The following are some of the home remedies that you can try out if you are suffering from bouts of loose motion or loose stools.
1. Mustard Seeds
Mustard seeds are found to have certain antibacterial properties that will be effective in treating loose stools.
• Add ¼ teaspoon of mustard seeds in a tablespoon of water. Keep it there for one hour.
• Now drink this water like you take a regular oral tonic.
• Repeat it for two to three times a day to get rid of loose stools.
Lemon juice has anti inflammatory properties that will help in easily clearing the stomach. It is one of the tried and tested home remedies for loose motion for many decades.
• Extract the juice from one full lemon. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and a tablespoon of sugar to it. Mix it well.
• Now consume this lemonade every hour till you feel that the toxins in your intestines have been flushed out.
• It would be better off for you to use this concoction for three days to clear all the toxins in your stomach.
• Make sure that you consume just soup or broth or semi solid food for a couple of days before returning back to your normal diet.
Pomegranate is a fruit that will help in reducing the loose motion problems that you are suffering from effectively.
• Eating the pomegranate seeds during loose motion will help in reducing the symptoms and stopping lose motion. Make sure that you eat two fruits a day to reduce loose motions.
• You can also blend the pomegranate seeds in a mixer and extract its juice. Drink a glass of this juice at least three times a day to see effective results.
• You can also drink the water that is brought to boiling point with pomegranate leaves soaked in it.
4. Methi Or Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek has antibacterial and antifungal properties and is also an excellent home remedy to fight loose stools.
• Take one to two teaspoons of dried fenugreek seeds and powder it in a blender to reduce it into fine powder.
• Now mix this powder in a glass of water and take it every day in the morning on an empty stomach for two to three days to completely get relief from loose motions.
Honey is a natural medicine that can cure a lot of health problems and is very effective in fighting loose stools.
• Take a teaspoon of fresh and pure honey. It would be better if you get hold of organic honey.
• Add ½ a teaspoon of cinnamon powder and the pure honey in a glass of warm water. Mix it well.
• Drink this water on empty stomach early in the morning. Then repeat the same at least two times in the day to cure your bladder infection. You will see visible results in two days time.
Buttermilk is considered to be a health drink in India and is very effective in soothing the digestive system and bringing it back on track. The acid in the buttermilk has the ability to fight bacteria and germs and to soothe your digestive system.
• Add a teaspoon of salt and a pinch or black pepper powder or jeera powder or turmeric powder and mix well.
• Drink this buttermilk at least two to three times a day to get rid of loose stools.
Sago is known to be an effective ingredient that will help in reducing stomach pains and also to improve digestion.
• Soak sago in enough water for three hours.
• As sago consumes a lot of water you need to make sure that it is soaked in enough quantity of water.
• You can drink the water to get relief from stomach pain and also will help in preventing loose motion.
• You need to drink this water several times a day to see good effects.
8. Prepare A Healthy Drink
A drink that is made by mixing turmeric powder, curry leaves and salt in the water will be very effective in getting rid of loose motion. Curd has antibacterial properties and turmeric powder has anti inflammation properties. Curry leaves are also a very healthy ingredient that is used in Indian cuisine a lot.
• Add two tablespoons of curd, ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder, a pinch of asafetida, curry leaves and salt in boiling water and bring it to a boil.
• Make sure that the water reaches the boiling point. Once it is fully boiled, remove from flame. Drain the water and allow it to cool.
• Drink this twice a day for three days to completely cure loose motion problems.
9. Liquidate Your Body
If you are suffering from severe loose motion, then you are bound to get dehydrated very soon. Hence, it is very important for you to stay hydrated at all times, especially when you are suffering from loose motion.
• Make sure that you drink 8 to 12 glasses of water during your loose motion days.
• You can also think of drinking certain healthy soups or fruit juices.
• Electrolyte powder mixed in water will also provide you relief from stomach pain and cramps.
• Coconut water is also a very good agent that will keep you hydrated during loose motions.
10. Mint And Honey
Mint leaves have been used since ancient time to treat loose motions or diarrhea. It has antibacterial properties and helps in quick digestion. It can be given in any form. You can even chew one or two mint leaves every day after meals to help in the digestion of your food. This will prevent you from suffering loose motions.
• Extract mint juice from fresh mint leaves by beating it in a blender and draining its juice.
• To a teaspoon of mint leaf extract add a teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of lime juice. Mix them well and consume this mixture.
• Take this mixture two to three times daily for two to three days to get rid of loose motions.
11. Bael Leaf Powder
Bael leaves and the bael fruit which is also known as wood apple is found to be an excellent ingredient that will help in soothing stomach muscles and help in reducing loose motion problems.
• Take 25 grams of dried bael leaf and fruit powder and mix it with 2 tablespoons of honey.
• Take this mixture three to four times a day and repeat it every day until you feel that you are free from loose motion.
12. Bottle Gourd Juice
Bottle gourd juice is an excellent drink that must be given to people suffering from loose motions as it will help in retaining the water content in the body and prevent the body from getting dehydrated.
• Take a fresh bottle gourd, peel the skin and then cut it into small pieces.
• Now put these pieces in a blender and mash it well.
• Squeeze out the juice from the mash mixture and consume it two times a day to restore the water level of the body and to not get dehydrated when suffering from loose motion.
13. Dry Ginger Powder
Ginger has antifungal and antibacterial properties and also helps in soothing the stomach pains apart from improving digestion. It is an excellent ingredient to take for loose motions.
• Add half a teaspoon of dry ginger powder in a cup of buttermilk.
• Mix it well and drink this buttermilk three to four times a day.
• Within 2 days, you are sure to see a considerable reduction in diarrhea.
14. Take Rest
If you are suffering from severe bouts of loose motion due to food poisoning, then it is advisable that you take complete rest for two days as there is every chance for your body to go weak due to loose motion and dehydration.
• Try to take complete bed rest so that your body can recover easily.
• You can sip lukewarm broth with a little bit of salt while in bed and do not go for oily or heavy foods during the rest period.
• You can also use heating pads on your stomach area if you are experiencing stomach cramps and pain.
15. Raw Papaya
Raw papaya is found to be effective in treating loose motions. It will help in easing stomach pain as well as reduce stomach cramps.
• Grate a raw papaya and put in a bowl that contains three cups of water.
• Boil the raw papaya in water for about 10 minutes.
• Strain the water and drink it once it becomes warm.
• Drink this two to three times a day till you feel a reduction in loose motion.
16. Avoid Milk Products
It is vital that you totally avoid milk and milk products for at least three to four days unit you fully recover from the loose motion bout. The intestines will not be able to digest milk and milk products during loose motion and consuming them will lead to increase in loose motion. Foods to avoid:
• Milk powder
• Caffeinated drinks
• High fiber or greasy foods
17. Starch Rich Foods
If you have just recovered from a bout of loose motion it is ideal that you take starch rich foods for a couple of days to ease your stomach and to help in easy digestion. Some of the foods that you can take:
• Cooked white rice
• Boiled potatoes
• Cooked carrots
18. Chamomile Tea
Tea made from chamomile flowers is very effective in treating inflammation of the intestines and will work on your body to reduce loose motion problems. It will help in improving the upset digestive system very quickly.
• You can make a cup of tea by using chamomile tea bags that you can buy ready-made in the market.
• If you would like to have a healthy herbal tea, then you can boil one teaspoon of chamomile flower and a spoon of peppermint leaves in a cup of boiling water. Boil this mixture for about 15 minutes.
• Strain the mixture and drink the tea at least three times a day to get better relief from digestion problems.
Are you suffering very badly from an upset stomach? Do you want to know the ideal home remedies that you can try to get rid of loose motion problems? Then, all you need to do is to try out some of the above mentioned home remedies to easily get relief from loose motion problems and stomach pains.
Dysmenorrhea or painful periods occur when a woman feels pain in the stomach area, thighs, back and legs. This kind of a pain is very common during periods. While many consider this to be a common problem, extreme pain and cramps are not supposed to be taken too lightly.
The nature and severity of pain vary from one female to another. In some patients, the pain is mild. In others, the pain is severe. In fact, it may be so severe that one is forced to be in bed. While some have cramping pains, others feel discomfort only. In some cases, the pain is in the abdomen or lower abdomen. In others, the pain occurs in the back or legs. Some other symptoms too accompany the pain. Nausea or vomiting are commonly present with the pain. Irritability may also be seen. Some patients lose appetite. In most of the cases, the onset of pain is a little before the menses. The pain is usually relieved when the flow begins or at the most by the second day. Relief in pain is felt with hot fomentation or by bending double.
Homeopathic Medicines For Painful Menses:
Most females keep taking painkillers when they have pain. This is repeated at every menstrual cycle as they start thinking that this is normal. There is no need to think so. Homeopathic medicines are very effective in curing this problem. There are dozens of medicines that can be indicated according to the symptoms. All of the medicines have given wonderful results in my hands. Here I have compiled a list of the most commonly used medicines. The list has been named as the 5 best Homeopathic medicines for painful menses.
The extent and nature of the pain differ from one woman to another. In a few patients, the pain is very subtle. In others, the pain is extreme. Here are a few homeopathic cures that can help get rid of the period pain:
Lac Caninum helps in getting rid of painful swelling and tenderness in breasts that occur before the period and the pain may occur alternately.
Pulsatilla is the most commonly used homeopathic medication. Mood swings are common during periods; hence it helps in curing them as well. It is more suited for the women who experience subtle and tender pain. The person tends to get very emotional. Periods are generally late. The patient usually feels better outdoors and they do not feel thirsty easily. All these can be cured with Pulsatilla.
Cimicifuga is used when there is a pain that feels like cramps. It is one of the best homeopathic medicines for painful periods. It is also one of the best homeopathic medicine for extremely painful periods when other side effects show up as well. The pain usually occurs in the lower stomach area, but tends to shoot down towards the legs as well.
Mag Phos is very helpful in situations where the pain is usually relieved by using heating pads. The pain is likewise improved by applying pressure. The periods are dull. The pain increases due to cold and at night. Mag Phos is hence, one of the best homeopathic medicines for periods as well.
Nux Vomica is used when there is a continuous urge to pass stool while experiencing pain in the pelvic area. Nux Vomica is one of the best homeopathic treatments for such painful periods.
Belladonna is effective in situations where the pain begins and stops all of a sudden. The face tends to become hot, red and flushed. The blood flow is extremely red. The pain might be in the form of cramps as well.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!