Your libido or is very important for having a passionate intimate life with your partner. An enhanced drive is required to have the ultimate experience in bed improving your overall physical experience. There are foods that boost your libido, enhancing your sexual urge. However, some foods are also responsible for restricting your libido, which may result in poor sexual drive and loss of longing to have sex.
Here some common food items from your everyday consumption list, which are responsible for restricting your libido.
1. Beans: Beans are usually praised as they are high in fiber and contain antioxidants. However, beans are not considered good for a sexual drive because of being glassy. Beans contain indigestible sugar, which causes gastric issues and lowers your libido.
2. Chocolate: Chocolate contains methylxanthines, which makes your skin more sensitive and aroused. However, in spite of acting as an enhancer, chocolate results in fatigue and causes tiredness. Due to fatigue, sexual performance is lowered.
3. Fried Food: Enjoying greasy fried foods like burgers and fries should be restricted if you want to have healthy sex. The trans-fat found in fried foods is known to cause a decrease in the male and female libido. The impact of devouring these trans, unsaturated fats results in irregular sperm production in men and meddles with gestation in women. French fries should be avoided before having sex.
4. Microwaved popcorn: Microwave popcorn can have severe effects on your libido. The chemicals present in the inner lining of the bags which contain these popcorns is said to cause a lowering of sex drive in men. The acids present such as perfluoroalkyl acids- PFOA and PFOS cause lowering of sperm count.
5. Red meat: Regular consumption of red meat makes you consume excessive growth hormone, fats and antibiotics. These decrease natural sperm production and production of testosterone. Loss of sexual drive is caused.
6. Potato chips: Potato chips contain trans-fats, which may cause oxidative body damage and disrupt normal hormone secretion. You are likely to gain weight, get tired easily and thus your overall libido will go down.
7. Cheese: Cheese is processed with antibiotics and growth hormones. This causes disorder in the natural production of estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. These are the primary sexual hormones, which are related to sex drive. Hence, consuming a lot of cheese is bad for your libido.
8. Soya bean: Soya beans can cause disruption and disorder in hormone levels because of the presence of phytoestrogen compounds in it. These compounds try to mimic estrogen and cause lessened energy and sex drive.
A decrease in your libido and sexual drive can be caused from the most common everyday foods that you consume. You should know which foods to avoid, if you want to have a healthy sexual life.
All individuals get nervous or anxious at some point of time or the other due to a plethora of reasons. But for some individuals, anxiety becomes so frequent and forceful, that it overpower their lives. Most of the normal anxiety are short lived and the feelings may last for few hours. However, an anxiety problem becomes an anxiety disorder when anxious feelings are very intense and last for weeks or months. Anxiety disorder exists in different forms like panic attacks, social anxiety and phobia.
The most common form of anxiety is Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) during which an individual worries too much about everyday things and situations, both large and small. The person in this condition has persistent anxious thoughts on most days of the week, for six months. Moreover, the anxiety is so overpowering that it interferes with daily life and is coupled by noticeable symptoms like fatigue. The anxiety level goes to such an extent that causes a lot of dysfunction and suffering. If a person suffers from sleep problems and finds himself regularly awake and agitated or worried, then it is a tell-tale sign of generalized anxiety disorder. This is followed by a situation when one wakes up overstimulated with mind racing and one is unable to calm down.
When the anxiety is tied to a specific situation and the fear is overwhelming and out of proportion to the actual risks then the condition is phobia. This can be due to anything ranging from crowd, animals to flying in an aeroplane or using an escalator. Muscle tension like clenching of jaw or fists or flexing of muscles though out the body always accompanies anxiety disorders. Regular exercise can help keep muscle tension under control, but the tension may get triggered up if an injury or other unforeseen event disrupts a person's workout habits. Panic disorder is repeated, unexpected panic attacks where one encounters panic in a situation where most people wouldn’t be afraid. Anxiety also leads to chronic digestive problems like cramping and bloating of stomach.
Social phobia or social anxiety disorder occurs when one develops an intense fear of being judged or embarrassed in public. People with social anxiety disorder have a tendency to worry for weeks leading to an event or situation. When and if they manage it, they tend to be deeply uncomfortable and are always judgemental about it. In case of social anxiety disorder, the anxiety is triggered by everyday situations like one-on-one conversation at a get-together, or eating and drinking in front of small group. The person feels that everybody is watching him and experiences profuse sweating, trembling, nausea and person becomes tongue-tied. These disruptions make it hard for the person to meet new people and maintain relationships.
Panic disorder causes terrifying panic attacks when the person experiences a sudden gripping feeling of fear and helplessness which lasts for several minutes. It is generally accompanied with scary symptoms like breathing problems, a pounding heart, numb hands and sweating.
Excessive fear of being separated from home or a loved one is separation anxiety disorder. Post -traumatic stress disorder is an anxiety disorder in which the patient relives a disturbing or traumatic event like a violent encounter, the sudden death of a loved one.
An anxiety disorder affects the thinking, feelings as well as behaviour of a normal person. It’s important to seek professional help if one see any of the warning signs of anxiety disorders in an individual.