Undoubtedly eating fruits contribute to good health and provides a range of other benefits for your body. Nevertheless, you must follow some simple guidelines so that you eat fruits the right way. Eating fruits as and when you like doesn't do much good. Therefore it is essential to know when and how to consume fruits in order to fully benefit from it.
Right time to eat fruits:
1. Eating fruits first thing in the morning is preferable as you gain all the nutrients your body requires; which keeps you nourished and energized. Eating fruits on an empty stomach promote good health and help you shed the extra kilos. Additionally, it also prevents digestive problems and keeps you in good shape as your body fully absorbs all the vitamins, good carbohydrates and fiber present in the fruits.
2. Eating fruits between breakfast and lunch is also an option that can help you maintain a proper diet. If you choose to have your fruit helping after breakfast, it is essential to adjust the proportion and time of both the meals accordingly. A fruit helping after breakfast should keep you full for at least two hours, thereby ensuring proper digestion. Make sure you balance your meals accordingly and do not end up overeating.
Why fruits should be avoided after meals:
1. Even though fruits have high nutrition value, it also contains calories. If you consume a bowl of fruits just after your meal, chances are that your body may get more calories than it requires. No matter how healthy fruits are, eating them after meals can cause significant weight gain. Also, it is essential to keep in mind to not make your diet fruit heavy as then your body is deprived of nutrition present in meats, vegetables, dairy products and whole grains.
2. It is of utmost importance that you avoid eating fruits just before going to bed. Fruits contain a lot of sugar which can, in turn, increase your energy levels thereby keeping you awake when you need to sleep instead.
The pair of kidneys that human beings have formed an important part in the excretory system. They perform specific and important functions. They excrete urine as well as help in eliminating the toxins which accumulate in the body. Kidney stones occur when the minerals present in the urine without being discharged, keep on accumulating. This gives rise to an extremely painful and uncomfortable situation. Though sometimes the situation gets revoked all by itself, many a time it requires medical intervention. Some of the symptoms of kidney stones are-
However, there are several preventive measures which you can undertake in order to avert the situation. Some of them are-
1. Drink lots of water
Kidney stone is one of those rare conditions that once occurred, always carry the latent threat of recurring again. Therefore drinking water, in large quantities becomes essential. The more you drink water, the more frequently you would urinate, thereby curbing the chances of the minerals settling in the kidneys.
3. Change your diet
If you are trying to avoid the eventuality of developing kidney stones, it is imperative that you change your diet a bit. It is recommended that you exclude animal protein as much as possible and assiduously avoid the intake of salt as much as possible.
4. Take less calcium supplements
Calcium generally is considered a nemesis to your kidneys and is prescribed by doctors to be avoided. However recent research has thwarted this claim. Calcium does not pose a threat to kidneys. However, calcium supplements definitely do and therefore should be avoided.
Healthy eating is much easier than dieting, and it is the most safest and sustainable way to reach your goals.
We are searching for loyalty in people when we cannot even stay loyal with our own body or our diet.
If you have to cheat on it once in a while, you can't call it a good diet.
Add pistachios or roasted channa to your diet. Make them your evening munchies, as they help you lower risk of heart disease & help you gain weight.
Eating well is one of the secrets to a long and healthy life. To be able to sustain yourself in the long run, without falling prey to life-threatening diseases and degeneration of the body and its functionality, one must invest well in nutrition. So how can you eat to live forever and sustain a healthy eating habit? Here are a few elements that you should add to your diet - pronto!
- Omega Three: Fish and nuts have the maximum omega three fatty acids which are known as an anti-aging ingredient that everyone must add to their daily diet. Have a helping of baked or grilled fish for dinner with a smattering of green vegetables and carry dry fruit or nuts wherever you go to get a dose of omega three every time you are hungry for a quick snack. Raisins, walnuts and flaxseed are also great sources of this element.
- Fibre: Get a good dose of digestive fibres with each meal and every time you snack. These fibres collect all the toxins and flush them out of the system which can prevent a host of disease from GERD to acidity and even cancer. It is also a well-known ingredient that helps you maintain a steady blood sugar level. Lentils, legumes, barley, fruits and berries, in particular, are all great sources of fibre.
- Go Slow: Doing it in slow motion is the key to longevity - chewing, swallowing and savouring, that is. Studies have shown that many centenarians are in the habit of eating a low-calorie diet really slowly so that they feel full faster. This practice is especially prevalent in the Far East. So, take time out for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Learn how to enjoy your own company and get used to eating slowly.
- Healthy Fats: Did you even know that there is such a thing as healthy fats? Well, now you do. So get a load of healthy fats that can be found in pistachios, almonds, olive oil and other such ingredients which can actually help in combating the build-up of excessive blood lipids which can lead to high cholesterol and even diabetes.
- Protein: Take in a serving of protein every single day. Not only will it give you energy, but it will also help in building good bone and muscle strength which will keep you active longer. This ingredient can also ensure that there is less cellular damage as you grow older, which eliminates pesky problems like weak knees and fractures. Eggs, fat-free milk and other such ingredients contain good protein.
So pile the above ingredients high to enjoy a long and healthy life!
Are you suffering from cancer? Your diet plays an important part when you are a undergoing cancer treatment. There are several types of food items, which are actually beneficial for healing cancer. By including these items in your regular diet, there are chances of better healing.
Here are 9 food items that help in healing cancer:
For consuming an ideal diet, which comprises cancer preventing and cancer-fighting foods, you should consult a dietitian.
The above food help in prevention and recovery from cancer. In any case, rest is equally important and also fluids. Diet to regular chemo session, one might feel anorexic with persistent nausea, so having them in small portions in advisable. One can opt for organic versions of these, to ensure good quality. Try avid consuming them absolutely raw, stir fry, boiled are some recommendable methods. Cancer can be patience testing disease to cope up with it best is to have a positive attitude for better recovery.
Diabetic Diet Chart 1600 Kcal EARLY MORNING 6-7 AM
1 GLASS OF WARM WATER WITH LEMON JUICE + 5-6 ALMONDS/2-3 WALNUTS OR GREEN/GINGER/LEMON TEA +2 KARELA BISCUITS
BREAKFAST 8-9 AM
1 BOWL OF OATS/ DALIA/WHEAT-FLAKES IN 250 ML TONED MILK ( WITH STEVIA) OR 2 ATTA BREAD SANDWICH (VEG/EGG/TOFU/CHEESE/PANEER/BUTTER) OR 2 CHAPATIS/METHI PARANTHA WITH VEGETABLE/CURD/EGG BHURJI OR 2 IDLI/1 PLAIN DOSA/1 MIX-VEG UTTAPAM /2 DHOKLA/POHA/UPMA/PASTA
MID MORNING 11 AM
1 FRUIT (APPLE/PEAR/GUAVA/ORANGE) + 1 GLASS BUTTERMILK
LUNCH 1-2 PM
EVENING 7 PM
1 BOWL OF VEG/TOMATO/CHICKEN SOUP
DINNER 8-9 PM
2 CHAPATIS /1 BOWL BROWN RICE WITH VEG/NON-VEG CURRY +DAL/RAJMA + SALAD+CURD/RAITA
BED TIME 10 PM
1 GLASS OF WARM MILK WITH A PINCH OF TURMERIC
FOODS TO AVOID :
SUGAR,JAGGERY,HONEY,SWEETS,CAKES,MAIDA(WHEAT-FLOUR), POTATO,ARBI(COLOCASIA), SUJI,ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS(EXCEPT STEVIA),CARBONATED DRINKS,ENERGY DRINKS,CHOCOLATES (EXCEPT DARK CHOCOLATE), FULL CREAM MILK/PANNER/DAHI,WHITE RICE, JUNK FOOD(SAMOSA,KACHORI, JALEBI, PIZZA, BURGER, CHOWMEIN/NOODLES, MOMOS, ALU CHAT/TIKKI),PAV-BHAJI, CHOLE-BHATURE, DATES,MANGO,CHIKOO,LITCHI,GRAPES,FRUIT-JUICES,FRIED/FAST FOOD, GRAVIES/OILY FOOD
FOODS TO TAKE :
MULTIGRAIN ATTA, BROWN/PARBOILED RICE, OATS,DALIA,SATTU, VEGETABLES LIKE LAUKI/PARWAL/CABBAGE/CAULIFLOWER/BRINJAL/KUNDRU/CAPSICUM/KARELA/BEANS/TINDA/TORI/GHIYA/BHINDI/MUSHROOM,LEAFY GREENS LIKE PALAK,METHI,SARSON,BATHUA , SALADS(CUCUMBER/TOMATO/LETTUCE/ENGLISH CARROT/BROCCOLI), LOW FAT/TONED MILK, PANEER,DAHI , LENTILS(DAL),RAJMA,PEAS,CHANA,SOYABEAN,TOFU, FISH,CHICKEN ,EGGS, FRUITS LIKE APPLE,PEAR,GUAVA,ORANGE,GRAPEFRUIT,MELONS,PEACH,PLUM,BERRIES,
FOODS IN MODERATION:
UNPROCESSED OLIVE, MUSTARD, COCONUT, GROUNDNUT, BUTTER AND DESI-GHEE
It is a shame that it is considered that only skinny is beautiful. What is really beautiful is a person with a healthy body, healthy skin and healthy hair, irrespective of their size or weight. After all, what use is your beauty if you are not healthy and in fact, an unhealthy body can never look beautiful; regardless of how well dressed you are, or the kind of make-up you put on. Hence before you decide to start on that crash dieting, just stop and consider the atrocities you would be causing against your own body. You would end up not beautiful but unhealthy in the process.
If you think that starving yourself would make you skinny and would be considered beautiful, you cannot be more mistaken. It has been proved that eating less, especially skipping breakfast leads to more weight gain. Instead of crash dieting or stopping food intake altogether, consult a dietician and go for a balanced diet.
A balanced diet is designed keeping in mind the particular needs of an individual such that the body receives the optimum food it needs to stay healthy without that excess amount that would lead to weight gain. Any good diet consultant would be able to help you with this matter.
Most people think that carbohydrates and sugar lead to excess weight gain but it is not true. Of course, anything in excess quantity is not good but your body needs carbohydrates and sugar too to function properly. But since all of us have different body needs, a diet plan that worked wonders for your friend might not suit you at all. For instance, the body system of your friend might be in dire need of protein while your body system might be already high on it. Hence make sure you consider this fact before you randomly try some diet plan on your own.
It is, however, important that regardless of what diet chart you are following, you include lots of seasonal fruits and green vegetables in it. A good diet consultant would ensure this point and hence if your diet chart does not include veggies or fruits, make sure you opt for a second opinion. It is also important to drink lots of fluid to keep your body hydrated. Here is a small tip for you that would help in fast weight loss: eat healthy. Eat frequently but in small quantities.